Death from Cigarettes / Chantix not covered by SilverScript - SilverScript

I went to the doctor yesterday to see if I could quit smoking with help from Chantix and when I went to Walgreen’s to pick up the prescription the Pharmacist said that the coverage was denied and that the prescription would be $485.00 for a 30 day prescription. $485.00!!!!!!

I lost my husband almost 7 years ago from emphysema/COPD and was ill for over 11 years prior to his death which took our savings to -0- and he had no life insurance. Here I am at 67 1/2 and I can’t retire because you can barely on social security if at all. I am on Medicare and have a supplemental plan with SilverScript being the Part D (prescription plan) and was sure they would have Chantix on the prescriptions due to all of the Media Reports of how Cigarette Smokers are costing the Insurance Companies so much money and the governmental programs which I do not qualify for.

All I wanted is that it would be charged as a prescription that was not generic! I as not asking for free but there is no way people can afford $485.00 a month when I have been told it could take 1-6 months to get me off of the cigarettes. How can these people sleep at night? If I was wealthy I would pay for the prescription so I could hopefully quit as I have been smoking all of my life – sense age 10. That is 57-1/2 years so it is not going to be an easy thing to do but I hear with Chantix it could be as easy as 1-2 months.

Guess no wonder there are still so many smokers out there. Pfizer doesn’t care as they don’t have to pay the hospital bills of the people that get emphysa/COPD or lung cancer. They just want the money. Same with SilverScript.

This is very unethical!!! It is still cheaper to smoke than pay for a prescription to get me off of them.

For SilverScript Representatives or Owners

Comments About SilverScript Review: Death from Cigarettes / Chantix not covered by SilverScript