Customer Service is unaccepable - AT&T
Recently I went to an AT&T store and 1) Bought a new iPad Pro; 2) Opened a new DirectTV account; and 3) Opened a new Wireless Home Phone account. That went very smoothly. The Sales agent asked me to call a number on the detail list given to me when the DirectTV was installed to receive a 10.00/month reduction on my bill. I was to say “I want to Unify my bill”. So today, I did just that. Here are the steps I went through:
1) I called the number given and they stated that they didn’t know what I wanted to do and transferred me to another department.
2) Here, I met a very rude man that said he could help. He asked for the cell phone number the account was listed under, the last 4 digits of the SSN the account was listed under, and the pin number for this account. That was more than I expected, and it took me awhile to find everything. Then, he stated I needed a Security question? The question was “What is your favorite Restaurant?” I felt this was too elusive a question for me to remember and my wife would never give the same answer. He stated that was the only question he could use. He stated “Then I will transfer you to someone who might have other questions”. He angrily made the transfer.
3) The person he sent me to could not find my account using either my account number or the cell phone number??? She sent me to another department.
4) This person did the same as the second person, but when we got to the Security Question, he had four I could choose from.
a) What is your favorite restaurant? (We don’t have one)
b) Who is your favorite hero when you were young? (I don’t have one)
c) Who is your favorite actor? (I don’t have one)
d) Who is your favorite Singer (I have many)
These questions are too vague and unmemorable when there is not one that stands out. These things change, and a year from now, I would most likely have a different answer. I told him this, and he stated I should write it down?? I am 65 years old, I know I would not remember where I wrote it down a year from now. So I asked him to see if I could get a question that is memorable. He transferred me to the ‘Unify’ department.
5) As it turns out, I did not get the ‘Unify’ department. The lady stated I must answer one of these four questions, or go down to the AT&T store and work with another agent. So then I asked her another billing question, and she stated she did not have access to my billing information.
I don’t know how these companies stay open. Rude, “It’s not my job’, and too many departments made my 2 hours on the phone very frustrating. Just to ‘Unify’ my account.
Comments About AT&T Review: Customer Service is unaccepable
Most Viewed Complaints
Comenity Bank Reviews
Nice Sole Reviews
Recent Company Complaints
KD Enterprises Haverhill
4 My Kidz Movers
Marine Transport Logistics
ASR Mechanical Kansas City
Diddy’s Car Service
The Electrician Houston
Fairway Chevrolet Truck Mega Store
Certified Plumbing & Heating Saskatchewan
Juniper Hills Apartments
More AT&T Complaints
AT&T needs to come clean!
I’ve been living in the area I’m living in for 7 months and had no problems with my wireless cell...
Does not care about customers with disabilities
I am a new AT&T customer, under 6 months. I now get the feeling that as a customer, you should...
Beware Fast Talkers Can Take Your Guard Down
I have been with ATT for 12 years. This store in Collegeville, PA ruined my plan and view of ATT. BAD...
My neighbor had AT&T her last week, and the installer threw wire, screws and clips in my driveway. My handicapped...
Had ordered at&t phone internet phone and direct tv. Had to pay 138 for equipment . Phone and internet was...
Scams you in to contract but dont deliver the products
I want to know how to file a complaint on AT&T for lying to customers, sending me the wrong product...
AT&T Harassment – Be Aware and DON’T BUY THEIR SERVICE
I cancelled service with AT&T Atlanta on 6/22 and got a statement for the full month of 6/20 thru 7/20. Since...
Slammed by AT&T
At&t has been charging me for 800 number service that I did not order or authorize. I have called month...
HORRIBLE Customer Service
I have been a loyal AT&T customer for more than 20 years. I never had any issue with them until...
Betrayed by AT&T
…allowing false advertisements in their print and online directory against industry standards and guidelines I was betrayed by a subsidiary...