3 Strikes, They’re Out! - Walmart

Strike 1: I ordered online a KidKraft Uptown Expresso Kitchen for my granddaughter for Christmas in November. The instructions gave an estimated arrival date at the store, but further instructions said to wait for notification before going in to the store to pick it up. I waited and waited for the notification, checking my emails daily, but never received notification my order arrived at the store. Since it was estimated to arrive during the Thanksgiving holiday, I assumed it had just been delayed and I had not planned to contact the store until early Dec. to see if it was there.

On Dec. 2 I received an email from the store telling me my credit card had been refunded for the amount of the purchase since I had obviously been too busy to pick up my item. I called the store, only to learn the item had already been sent back. When I told them I had never received notification my item had arrived at the store, I was told that happens often and that notification does NOT come from the store, but from the shipper. So, oh well, I’d have to reorder it.

Strike 2: When checking prices online to reorder the above kitchen, I found the exact same kitchen cheaper, with free shipping, on another site. I called the Walmart number (had to call them multiple times) to see if they would match that price, but was disconnected after holding both times I called.

Strike 3: On the third attempt at calling Walmart‘s toll free number, I finally got through to someone who said Walmart only matched to a select group of vendors (probably those they KNOW they always beat in pricing!), so my vendor wasn’t on their list (of course not!). This is actually the second time I tried to price match with Walmart and was told the same thing the first time. I feel like their price match policy is a come on, a hook to get people to buy through Walmart. I’m done with Walmart as of today. There are other vendors out there who can beat Walmart pricing without having to go through the corporate hassles.

Walmart – 702 SW 8th St Bentonville AK 72716 | 800-966-6546

For Walmart Representatives or Owners

Comments About Walmart Review: 3 Strikes, They’re Out!