Customer Service and Policies Are the Worst - Verizon Wireless

For the last month, I’ve put up with several ridiculously bad customer service reps over at Verizon. The first one didn’t seem to care that I was considering changing providers due to their policies, the second insulted me, and the third one kicked me out of the store for raising my voice to her (no foul or inappropriate language was used). As a point of reference, I was late on paying my bill in February, and because of this, I was told that I could not get onto an Edge plan for 6 months – even though I’ve been a customer of theirs for over 10 years, my monthly payments would be less on the plan AND I already have a device on the Edge plan.

The first rep (probably realizing that there wasn’t much he could do) basically told me there was nothing they could do and good luck, and the second rep went on to tell me that if I tried to change providers, they’d look up my credit history and they wouldn’t approve me anyway, so not to bother – to which I was just shocked and sat there silent for a minute. But that’s not even my biggest beef.

14 days ago, I purchased a couple of smaller electronics. They’re like $70 each and for some reason, they never gave me a receipt. I was told I had 14 days to return them if I didn’t like them. We never opened them, never took them out of the box. After thinking about it, I decided to return them and that it wasn’t a fit.

I find out at the store that there is a $35 restocking fee for each of them — half the cost of the item. This was never mentioned to me at the time of purchase in any way, shape, or form. I looked at her and I said, “Are you kidding me? Restocking? I can put them right back on the shelf for you where I found them for free.” She told me it was on the receipt that I never got. So I eventually raised my voice when all she could do was read the company rhetoric at which point she asked me to leave the store or she would call the cops on me.

I left the store with both products still in hand and want to return them for the full purchase price since I do not feel that I should be responsible for a restocking fee policy that I was not aware of.

Verizon Wireless – 1404 Butterfield Rd Downers Grove Illinois 60515 | 630-953-8052

For Verizon Wireless Representatives or Owners

Comments About Verizon Wireless Review: Customer Service and Policies Are the Worst