Consumers Beware! This Corporation Doesn’t Care! - Extended Stay America

I recently booked a three night stay for my mother through the 1.800 number. I explained to the individual who took my reservation that my mother was receiving cancer treatments twice a day and if there was anyway I could get my mother checked into her room early. He advised me that shouldn’t be a problem and to contact the hotel directly in the morning.

On the morning of April 15, 2015 I contacted the front desk and explained the situation concerning my mother and her scheduled treatments. I explained that I would like to get my mother checked into a room after her morning treatment so she could rest and hopefully take a nap before her afternoon treatment. She told me that WOULDN’T be a problem that they would have a room available at noon.

At approximately 3:00 p.m when I was finally in an area where I was able to access my calls from my cellphone I had a panic call from my husband. He informed me that the hotel staff wouldn’t allow my mother into a room. I immediately called the front desk and spoke to a lady by the name of ARIEL. She told me that a third party wavier needed to be sign before my mom would be given her room. I IMMEDIATELY asked to speak to her supervisor. ARIEL had the NERVE to chuckle as she transferred me to Assistant Manager Lupeline Tagaloa.

Needless to say at this point I was EXTREMELY UPSET over the treatment of my mother. I was NEVER EVER INFORMED AT ANYTIME ABOUT A THIRD PARTY WAVIER until I spoke to the Assistant Manager. I explained to her that I would try to get down to the hotel in the evening depending on traffic and living over an hour away. I was told that would be fine.

This made absolutely NO sense to me considering I had my mom booked at this hotel for three nights and they had my credit card on file. At approximately 8:48 pm that same night I received a call at my home from ARIEL. She told me that my mother would be kicked out of her room at 10:00 pm if the third party wavier wasn’t signed. I explained to ARIEL that Ms. Tagaloa told me everything was handled. Again ARIEL told me I had until 10:00 pm and HUNG UP ON ME!! I called back three times and as soon a ARIEL knew it was me she HUNG UP!

To make a long story short NEEDLESS to say I had to call the Brea Police Department to assist me into the front lobby to keep the peace. When I arrived in the front lobby at NO time did ARIEL have me sign a third party wavier she just charged my credit card for the full three nights. She also refused to give me her last name.

When I arrived home I was told by my husband that shortly after I left my mom called the house. She told my husband that ARIEL woke her from a sound sleep and told her that she needed to be out of the room by 10:00 pm.

On Thursday, April 16 I arrived to pick my mom up to take her to her cancer treatments. We went to speak to the assistance manager before we left and she didn’t have time for us!!! I told her I would be back to take my mom to different hotel. When we returned not only did her hotel key not work they charged us a late fee on checking out!!!

I have been very fortunate in my travels throughout the world and I have NEVER EVER COME ACROSS INDIVIDUALS AS INHUMANE AS I EXPERIENCED with ARIEL, ASSISTANT MANAGER LUPELINE TAGALOA and a HOTEL MANAGER BY THE NAME OF MOLLY!!!!

I also e-mailed the CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER MS. A. FIMOWICZ at Corporate Headquarter on 4/22/15 along with CEO on 4/27/15.

NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVEN’T RECEIVED A PHONE CALL OR EVEN AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT FROM THESE TWO INDIVIDUALS!! WHAT TYPE OF OPERATION IS EXTENDED STAY AMERICA REALLY RUNNING?

Extended Stay America – Brea California

For Extended Stay America Representatives or Owners

Comments About Extended Stay America Review: Consumers Beware! This Corporation Doesn’t Care!