My family’s experience at Captain D’s - Captain D’s

Our experience at a Captain D’s restaurant (Store #205977) was on 9/26/2015. We ordered (1) 4-piece Dinner, (1) 3-piece Dinner, and (1) Deluxe Seafood Platter, (1) Reg Coke, and (2) Reg Teas. Order came to $34.03 (inclusive of NC state sales tax). The order was placed @ 12:33pm and took 15 minutes to be presented with our meals at the counter.

In the meantime while waiting, our drinks were not presented to us. Nor when we received our meals at the counter, we were not asked if we wanted tartar sauce or shrimp sauce. We had to ask for it. At the time of our visit, there were no more than (5) customers in the dining area. I only noticed (1) cook and the manager in the kitchen. While there was (1) person at the take-out window, and (2) people at the front counter operating only (1) of the (2) cash registers. There seemed to be a lack of efficiency in every direction. The workers were bumping into each other in total confusion. The cook and manager joking with each other, while putting a drag on the food preparation and cooking process. Unprofessional behavior. Inattentive and indifferent restaurant staff in regards to customer service.

Regarding the facility, it was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! Floor, countertops, tables had a oily filmy residue of having not been cleaned in months. Food debris and discarded straw “sleeves” littered the floor, and tables greasy and uncleaned. Oily floors can create a slipping hazard, leading to litigious results. My wife wore flats and had to walk on the floor as it was on an icy surface. Even the walls appears to have stain and food particles clinging to it.

No staff walking around the dining area asking customers for drink re-fills, or about the quality of their meals. The fish was very oily, whereas we all came down with diarrhea for my wife, son, and me. This issue must be taken care of at this Captain D’s (Store #505) location ASAP or the state of North Carolina health department will be contacted. My wife is sensitive to this issue, since she is a degreed Public Health professional.

Captain D’s – 5316 Sunset Road Charlotte, NC 28269 | 704-596-6444