Unreliable and deceptive - Avas Flowers

I chose the company because I thought they worked with local florists, and also because a review said they delivered flowers right on time. The flowers I chose were pink roses, a common flower that most florists have on hand. I requested the flowers be delivered on my daughter-in-law’s birthday, at her office, between 10-11. At 1 p.m., I called Avas Flowers because the flowers were not yet delivered, and I was told it would be before 3 p.m.. At 5 p.m., when my daughter-in-law left, they were not there.

This morning, when I called to ask for a refund, I was told, after being put on long holds twice, that the flowers were sent to the wrong address, and they were being re-delivered. I did not want that. The birthday was over, and the surprise ruined. I asked for a refund, but I was given a run around. The woman flat out lied, saying the address was wrong, when I was looking at the invoice, with the correct address. She then offered to apologize, but we never call our daughter-in-law at her work, because she’s so busy. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but after waiting 15-20 minutes, a recording came on asking me to leave my number. Since I had no hope my call would be returned, I didn’t do that. Then the connection was broken.

So now, I’m left with this unresolved issue–stuck with a bill for flowers I don’t want. I’ve never had this problem with any company I’ve dealt with, and I will report it, as well as give Ava’s a bad review. It’s just shoddy, shoddy service, and I’m extremely disappointed and angry. I don’t know how they stay in business.

For Avas Flowers Representatives or Owners