Abuse by Employee to Customer - Walmart

I just had a horrible experience at Walmart (on Walnut Creek in Mansfield, TX) and had to call 9-1-1 about abuse by an employee to me, a customer. I had gone in to return a phone. I had tried on 2 occassions to return it, but the line was backed up. Then I was told it had to be returned in 14 or 15 days. I explained that I had tried and even got groceries when the line was too long and it was even longer when I finished. I was passed to 3 different people. I kept explaining that I had back surgery and standing was making it difficult. I did have someone offer me a cheap chair but explained that really would not be much help.

After getting the story told to me so many times, I suggested that a stamp in red be made and people have explained to them the return policy before buying anything and perhaps an oval sign in red in the phone department would be good. By the time, it had been 15 minutes or more, my back pain was getting the best of me and I was getting agitated, alhtough still being nice under the circumstances. I had a rude woman, about 5 foot 5, 100 pounds, hispanic with a long pony tail and walmart attire butting into the conversation and being rude. I asked her to stay out of it and she said, “F**k you” and shot the finger at me. At this point, I just about lost it. She hid behind a wall and never came out. I yelled loudly that no body should shop there as the employee said, “f**k you” to me.

I called 9-1-1. I spoke to a few poorly dressed men, who I was later told were managers. They tried to get me to hurry and leave and I said that what happened was a crime and that I intended to call the police, which I did. I was told by the police that they were going to have a managerial meeting to decide what to do. No body ever recognized how abused I had been or even apologized for the incident. I came home and cried. I was a teacher for over 12 years and never had a student talk to me that way, when they did speak to a teacher that way, charges were filed. I am also the president of 3 corporations and never would I make such harsh regulations that the employees and customers could not work to resolve them.

This is a disgrace. I hope that I will never step foot in another Walmart store as long as I live.

I am the president of a Capital Investment Corporation and we are rehabilitating, remodeling, and selling homes. I had hoped to use Sams Club extensively. I guess I will have to see how this plays out.

I know my sister, who is a financial executive will not use Walmart, due to the way you avoid paying them benefits. It may be why you have employees like this one, who are clearly from Mexico and perhaps do not know that it is not legal or acceptable to tell a customer, “F**k you.”

She was a sneaky woman, and did so under her breath. I hope someone will come forward and tell the truth to the managers and send this woman where she does not ever work with the public again.

I have just been through 3 spinal surgeries and a horrible divorce. I did not need such a thing happening because I wanted to return a phone. Customers should not be abused for wanting to return an item and if there is an unreasonable amount of return time, it needs to be stamped in red on the receipt, on the product and have a huge sign put up.

Walmart – 930 North Walnut Creek Mansfield TX 76063 | 817-473-1189