New sod nearly killed in 3 months - Massey Services

I put down new sod throughout my entire lawn. I contacted Massey the very next day to begin treatments. I agreed to pay $55 per month in order to cover everything the sales guy recommended; weeds, insects, pH, aeration, trees, shrubs, irrigation, etc.

There was an initial treatment done a few days after signing up, I felt satisfied as the sod began to take root and green. It only took 3 months before there was large brown spots, ant piles, and a buffet of weeds throughout. My hibiscus thinned out and stopped flowering as did the crate myrtle.

So the tech came out to do another treatment. From the time he stepped out of his truck to the time he stepped back in it, 2 mins had expired. He hosed down my shrubs and hibiscus. He had to step over the ant piles to avoid stepping in them, and then he left.

Needless to say I couldn’t have done any worse if I had done nothing at all to the lawn. I wanted proof that they had indeed been servicing the lawn but I couldn’t get anyone to return a phone call or email after many attempts. I canceled their services and hired a new company and viola, weeds are under control and the lawn is returning to green.

Thanks for nothing Massey!

For Massey Services Representatives or Owners