DUI Accusation - Circle K

It has been our pleasure to shop at our Circle K for several years now but on 31, December 2013 Husband Ron Mayo went alone (usually we go together), purchased a lottery ticket at Circle K on Bell Rd. between Sunrise Blvd. and Sarival Ave. in Surprise, Arizona. Sandy and Ella (employees) were present, I am well known to Sandy for many years, Ella helped Ron with his purchase. After conversing briefly and Ron came home soon thereafter.

Was home a few minutes when a loud bang was heard at the door, upon answering, to our total astonishment a police officer informed Ron that Circle K had notified the department that they suspected Ron of drinking! Further, the staff made no effort to call me so that I could assure them no such happening occurred or I could persuade Ron to give up the keys FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD, had that been the case!

Clearly the staff failed to protect others by allowing the suspected offender to get back on the road had that been the case (Ron nor I imbibe, except one shared drink at the Outback for a family celebration long after this incident)!

The officer was invited into our home to further assess Ron after which he apologized and thanked Ron for his service to our nation! The two shared military service history! Can you imagine our humiliation of our neighbors seeing a police presence at our door? Please know it has taken me this long to collect myself enough to write a complaint, I am still furious!

We have no injury but we do request further customer awareness courses for all staff and may we be notified in writing if compliance of same is met! We no longer shop at Circle K’s are not looking to compensation, and have reported this to many friends who are employed by large concerns in our community in which we have lived for 16 years soon to be! Thank you kindly for your attention to this concern!

Sincerely, I am Ruth Ann Mayo on behalf of Ron Mayo who because of a wartime disability is unable to do so!

PLEASE CALL POLICE DISCREETLY WHILE SUSPECTED OFFENDER IS IN STORE FOR Safety OF ALL CONCERNED! Ph# 623-975-1441 posted er this writer on Facebook

For Circle K Representatives or Owners