Dish Network the bill that keeps on taking - DISH Network

My job transferred me to a new location last month. Dish is unwilling to work with the early termination fee. Therefore, I have to pay for six months of service I will not be using. The first person (Latasha) I spoke with had a script and could do nothing but keep repeating the same thing. When I ask for her supervisor she transferred me to a man (Bobby). Before completing the transfer she gave him erroneous information. This information was that I was refusing all of the options she was giving me: pay the monthly bill thru the end of the contract, put service on hold for six months then pay the bill for another six months, change service to the lowest available service of 19.99 month for 7 months. I don’t see where any of these options were helpful.

When I finally talked to Bobby, he told me I would have to take the dish down and return it and the receiver to them at my expense. Dish had no problems putting the with installing this equipment and the satellite itself was already in place. (and they wanted me to take it down and return it) .I told them I wasn’t going to take the satellite or anything off the physical dish outside because I wasn’t a qualified person and I was then told I would have to pay for the electronic thing that was attached to the dish ($100-$400). I asked where I could return the receiver and remotes only to be told they had to go UPS and I would have to pay for it. I requested to speak to Bobby’s supervisor, he told me he didn’t have one and that no one else could help me.

At that point, I became very upset and hung up. I then called the corporate resolution line and spoke with Mike Garcia. I received some satisfaction-I still have to pay the $120.00 early termination fee, but I don’t have to do anything with the physical dish, and they are sending me the UPS label for a fee $17.00 to return the receiver and remotes. After extensive searching I could not find the email addresses for any of the executives for this company. I am sure there will be other expenses yet undisclosed. I had no control over the circumstances resulting on the request for termination.

This whole experience with your company that obviously is not trying to make this anyway easier on the customer, has made me very frustrated and angry and I intend to convey this experience to anyone considering the Dish option.

For DISH Network Representatives or Owners