Acs legal group scam - ACS Legal Group

This is the third or fourth time I’ve heard from these people via e-mail; various names (sometimes “Matt Williams”) and various phone numbers. Today I received the following:

Gmail Debbie Young
RE: Urgent- Final Notification on Collections
1 message
Debbie Young Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM
To: accounts@acslegalgroup.com
NICE TRY! I’ve received notices from you scammers in the past, and have read all over the internet what a scam you are! I DO NOT have an outstanding loan with “Advance Cash America,” and cannot even find such a business on the internet. NOR can I find “ACS Legal Group!”

You are practicing ILLEGAL collection tactics, and I and I’m sure many others have reported you to the FTC and our respective state’s Attorney Generals’ Offices.

YOU are THREATENING me – and I am now making sure that a copy of this e-mail goes to my attorney, the FTC, the FBI, and the Indiana Attorney General.

Debra Young

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:59:08 +0530
Subject: Urgent- Final Notification on Collections
From: accounts@acslegalgroup.com
To: accounts@acslegalgroup.com

LOAN INFORMATION

Due Amount- $726.00

Loan Company- Advance Cash America

You are going to be legally prosecuted within couple of days. Your Social Security Number will be put on hold by US Government, so before something goes wrong we would like to notify you about this matter.

It seems apparent that you have chosen to ignore all our efforts to contact you in order to resolve your debt with Advance Cash America. At this point you have made your intentions clear and leave us no choice but to protect our interest in this matter.

UNITED LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU HAS STATED SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST YOU AND THEY ARE:

(1) VIOLATION OF FEDERAL BANKING REGULATION
(2) COLLATERAL CHECK FRAUD
(3) THEFT BY DECEPTION

Now, this means few things for you. If you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your superior or manager what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name.

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this e-mail, we will be compelled to seek legal representation from our in-house attorney. We reserve the right to commence litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.

WE HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS RESERVED TO INFORM TO FBI, FTC, YOUR EMPLOYER AND BANK ABOUT FRAUD.

And once you found guilty into the court house than you have to bear the entire cost for this law suit $3670.55 which is excluding loan amount, attorney’s fees, and the interest charges. You have the right to hire an attorney. If you don’t have one or if you can’t afford then one will be appointed to you.

We believe that this was not your intent and that these steps are unnecessary. We merely require you to contact our recovery asset location department at (712) 560-9315.

IF YOU WANT TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER THAN IMMEDIATELY CONTACT US THRU EMAIL OR CALL US BETWEEN WORKING HOURS ON (712) 560-9315.

ACS LEGAL GROUP
LEGAL GROUP OF ATTORNEYS
(712) 560-9315

Copyright © 2006 ACS | Privacy | Terms of use

——————————————————————————–

Confidentiality Statement & Notice: This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination to unauthorized persons or other use of the original message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to the above-referenced sender about the error and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

I responded and told them “Nice Try!” AND that I KNOW they are a scam and that I would be reporting them to the FTC, the FBI, and my state’s Attorney General.

In the past I’ve responded and asked that they please forward any and all original loan documents, and of course that never happens.

I also called the number on today’s note (712-560-9315) and got someone with a VERY foreign accent who said he was Mike Jones! Right!

I have not paid them anything so I didn’t put any amount in the form as to what I’ve lost. E-mail came from “accounts@acslegalgroup.com)

——————————————————————————–

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

For ACS Legal Group Representatives or Owners

Comments About ACS Legal Group Review: Acs legal group scam

10 Comments on "Acs legal group scam"

I too just received an email from this company with the same format of all the emails that you have all received. They have been contacting me and work and on my personal call and now sending me an email. Its very annoying and stressful. Its been over years and why havent they just reported to my credit.

I also have been getting phone calls and e-mails. I called the F.B.I. They told me it was a scam, and because the people are usually in another country The F.B.I. can’t really do much about it. They gave me a website to report the scam. http://www.ic3.gov These people have been stressing me for about 2 years now. I have cancer and am supposed to be stress free. They also told me I would be arrested for money laundering. Finally I said "I don’t care. Do whatever you want" Haven’t heard from them lately.

Today my father received the same letter and he immediately asked my mom for $500. We were both confused as to why he would need money that fast. Anyway, he showed me the same letter that is posted on this site. Said he owed money to cash advanced America. My dad believed it because he does owe some money to a company with a similar name. My dad was in urgency to pay this money but my mom and I had to slow his roll. Something was fishy. I called the guy and he didn’t explain too much to me… Read more »

DO not pay.. them.. I got dooped 2 times.. I ended up paying them 600. and I did this because I did have a p****y loan that I tried to pay them off but they kept giving me the run around so I thought it was legid.. Now I know I was scamed out of 600.00 Let them take you to court and pay them there.. They even send me an email staying that my debit was paid..

I just got one of the emails from the company also. I know that I do not owe any such company and will not even give them the satisfaction of calling or emailing them. Sorry to those that were scammed by this illegal action. PLEASE REPORT THESE SCAMMERS!

I have received a few emails from this company a couple of years ago as well as received threatening phone calls at work and they even called my friends and relatives. I knew I have never taken out a pay day loan so I ignored it. I have received another email today so I responded telling them I was going to report them for harassment.

I have been getting the same e-mail. I first got one last October. I did end up paying that one $300, because I did take out a p****y loan. I paid this because it scared me. I first tried to call, but keep getting hung up on crush only respond to me thru e-mail. When I asked what company my loan was thru. They responded that were “the mother of loan compaines” like 500 cash, cash net,etc. I thought it was fishy, but I reacted in fear. I also had to pay by Walmart money card only. So should I… Read more »

they sent me one also. i called them and told them that they were a scam. i tried calling back and they hung up on me. them i sent them a text. so their phone number is a cell number.

I received an email that said the same thing. The only thing different was the phone number and the amount owed. I called the number and they hung up on me.