Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Corporate Contact

Miami, Florida USA

Corp Phone Number: 866-978-4869

Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Ratings and Reports

There Are Currently No Ratings.

Latest Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Complaint Filed

Publishers Continental Sweepstakes

Two days ago (November 21,2012) I received a call from this company advising me that I had won $395,000. They said they had tried unsuccessfully to contact me several months ago but were unable to do so. They said that I would be receiving a check for the amount by courier if I would be home. I said that I was scheduled to be home and asked how much it would cost me to get the check. I was told it would cost me nothing. I asked the gentleman to verify that and he hung up.

Today (NOVEMBER 23, 2012) I received a call from an agent at US Customs and Border Protection telling me that they he has a package for me from Publishers Continental Sweepstakes and LLoyds Bank. They had investigated gthe contents via FBI, and other agencies and it was a certified check made out to me for $395,000. They said that I would need to pay$525 to obtain the package. I informed him I did not have the money. The agent gave me the phone number for the company and said I could discuss the matter with them. I called. They told me that when they could not locate me, they sent the money to Coata Rica to avoud paying US taxes.

When they tried to release the money to send it to me they were informed that Costa Rica had changed their rules and they now owed $1392 in back taxes. They were able to pay a certain amount but still owed $525 which they were prepared to write me a refund check if I paid it. I don’t have the money and suspect they are not being honest with me.

The Federal Trade Commission has advised me that if you have to pay someone money to receive money that it is a scam. I could sure use the $395,000 (minus taxes etc.) I would like the US Government to protect its citizens from such practices. There should be heavy fines for companies that take advantage of good citizens. I am 80 years old, retired and living on a set income. Ginny

More Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Complaints File a NEW Complaint View Comments

Is Publishers Continental Sweepstakes a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Publishers Continental Sweepstakes

Click To Search For Publishers Continental Sweepstakes Complaints

Consumer Comments For Publishers Continental Sweepstakes

• ILLEGAL! HANG UP ON THESE PEOPLE IMMEDIATELY. THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY NEED $1300 DOLLARS FOR AN INSURANCE POLICY TO COVER MAILING YOU YOUR WINNINGS! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. SCOOT, SCOOT, SCOOT FROM THESE PEOPLE!