Publisher’s Clearing House Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Andy Goldberg - CEO
Corp Website: pch.com

Publisher’s Clearing House Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Publisher’s Clearing House Complaint

Is Publisher’s Clearing House a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Winnings Prizes Directory ListingPublisher's Clearing House Listing

Lousy Accounting And Customer Service!

Dear Mr. Goldberg:

To date I have not received any reply to my letter sent several weeks ago. I have had several conversations with your Customer Service Billing department and have still not been satisfied with the result. There is NO WAY to make sense out of the accounting documents they sent me and when I called neither Dan Correnti nor Emily Johnson were made available to talk with me!

There have been numerous issues with my account over that past several years. At one point someone had created 3 separate accounts where there should have been only one. Also, on several occasions you have sent me refunds for overpayment! Go Figure! I am still not sure that issue is resolved even after several phone calls. There should only be one account: Sonia E. Harden; Account: 01214034256.

Now they sent me two account statements one states that the balance due is $13.94 and the other with the same account number states the balance due is $253.50! Since Jan 2014 I have paid a total of $215.00. Total payment since July of 2010 = $1516.34! You are receiving payments on a regular basis and have NO ROOM FOR COMPLAINTS. That still does not reconcile the account. Not all of my payments appear on the statements! Some items are listed 4 times?! Who can make any sense out of this boondoggle of an account statement?

I trade with HSN, QVC, ShopHQ, Amazon, JCP, Macys and others. Perhaps you should consult with these other companies and adopt their logical accounting systems!!!??. I am always just billed once each month and never is my account charged a late fee unless my payment would be later which it never is. I pay you every month, one payment and I will not succumb to the cockamamy accounting system that you use. Why can you use the same accounting system that every other retailer uses?! This just leads to total confusion and extra work for your staff! What the heck is your CFO thinking? I have NEVER seen such a convoluted, confusing and suspect way of accounting!!! This is totally unacceptable and you must change the way you do business.

Shortly, I will be returning some items that did not meet my satisfaction. I expect any and all charges for those items to be credited to my account and in addition, for my time and trouble to attend to this matter any and all late fees are to be removed from my account and I expect YOU personally to see to this matter and also that you rethink and redesign your accounting system to match those of other commonly know retailers. I will continue to send you monthly payments as I have been doing for some years. In the future will not order any more items from you and any unshipped orders are to be cancelled immediately. Please send me only send me ONE monthly bill! Also, I will be posting reviews on BBB, Yelp, FaceBook, and other complaint sites.

Please share this letter with your CFO and fix you systems!

Please see the text of the previous letter, no reply to date. I expect it went into the circular file! That is NO WAY to treat a loyal customer who has over just the past 4 years always paid you! Where is YOUR loyalty to me?! To say that I am not happy is an understatement! You have a lot of work to do re customer service and better accounting practices.

Sincerely,

Sonia E. Harden
Account: 01214034256

Mr Andrew Goldberg – CEO Publishers Clearing House – 101 Winners Circle Port Washington, NY 11050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attn: Customer Service: Billing!
Publishers Clearing House
PO Box 6344
Harlan, IA 51593-1844

RE: Account: 01214034256

Dear PCH Billing:

There are several issues that need to be corrected on your part.

1. There should be only ONE account under the name: Sonia E Harden, 2097 Olivera Road Unit C, Concord, CA 94520!

2. Secondly, it seems that every payment that I have sent religiously to you every month is NOT being booked correctly. I use online banking and I do NOT send you silly coupon with the payment as it comes directly from my bank with the correct account number on the check. All that is necessary is to READ the account number and book the correct amount that is on the check.

3. Please reconcile every payment on the attached page and make sure all the payments have been credited to the correct account: 01214034256.

4. Please don’t send me any more stupid overdue payment notices for individual orders, it is a waste of your time and mine and your money!

5. I have checked my online banking information and checked that the payments go to the correct address and account number.

6. Please refund or credit any late payment charges booked to my account!

Your cooperations and service is appreciated as I am extremely busy to be bothered with doing someone else’s job. I have enough to do.

Sincerely,

07/09/2010
$17.95

Total Payments

$1,516.34

You have no reason to complain about my paying for what I order!

S. Harden

10 Most Recent Publisher’s Clearing House Complaints

More About Publisher’s Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House was originally known for it's Prize Patrol Sweepstakes. The PCH Online Game Network has millions of users with a prize won around every 10 minutes. PCH offers magazine subscriptions and various merchandise sales in addition to it's prizes. Additional Websites and Companies under Publishers Clearing House Properties: pch.com, pchsearchandwin.com, pchlotto.com, pchgames.com, pchtv.com, pchsave&win.com, pchonlinesurveys.com, Candystand.com

Consumer Comments For Publisher’s Clearing House

• How many of you are very frustrated with the cheap tokens from the games ,instant wins and sratch offs.Today they had a lot of 250 tokens and 100,i used to get a lot of 2,500 and 5,000 ones now nothing.We have to wait for the same advertisements and it gets to boring just for peanut s**t.Customer service and tech wont make it right either.Cheap idiots so fed up with it they are only tokend too!!

• Been with PCH for 30 some yes never got a tote bag, but I’m still trying. Maybe one of these days ….

• I search on search and win every day, and so they say if i do my number will be placed into the winners bracket, so i don’t understand cause the next day after searching they send me an email saying if i don’t search i’m gonna loose my number and will be given to somebody else. Why i waste my time if they send me emails saying that i don’t search when i did. I’ve been playing for 3 years now but going to stop.. It’s all fixed anyway and the people they show that win look like they have alot of money anyway..I’m done with this crap……..

• Count me in on the class action

• Your search to win web is cluttered with old 2013, 2012, 2010, and 2009 PCH residual expired internet clutter that should be deleted and not be part of this search and win miss representations. This is equivalent to false advertisement. Shame on you

• give me the $1,000,000 per yr and ill buy all the mags you want. waiting 4 your ck cash or money order so I can order was holding my breath lol.

• hello, love you, pch, but i’ve been playing all games for a year without a game rating raise, it’s been 72 forever. can you check it out.,
    sincerely, pfflyer43

• ‘pch@superprize’emails-subscribe-paulahoule;meanolpaulaldy@comcast.net’1-12-14′.

• Don’t buy anything. You don’t have to buy anything to win. I got an instant win notification of $50, and will let you know if I get it. According to the pop up and email I got, the check should be arriving within the next 2-5 weeks.

• Don’t hold your breath, Honey!

• Today I made the mistake of taking advantage of the "free" offers and ordered three "free" products. Then An order with the prices of those "free" items popped up on my screen listing the cost of said items. No where did you state, after I ordered those "free"gifts, did I see any other statement. When I tried to return to your "free" offer, all attempts to clarify the "order" were met with statements that this was not available.
    Unless these three items are really "free", I will not accept them. DO NOT SEND THEM IF YOU EXPECT PAYMENT FOR THEM !

• I think pch is crap they say someone with your initials is going to win but you don’t. I have been doing the sweepstakes for a long time and I cant even win 50 dollars im done with them.

• I agree with all this people. They are lies pants in fire . I do not understand how the government let this companies to play games with the need it society. If an attorney want to win a class action sue. Please write me to lydiaacev@gmail.com

• Well people i think it is time to file a class action lawsuit foe misleading information. I know i have saved over 40 emails that state someone will win in my TV viewing area. Yeah that has never happened. I contacted their attorney Chris Irving and he has yet to comment. In 2000 they were sued and lost and now they are back to the same ole thing, Let me know if you are interested and I will give you my attorneys information.

• I have been thinking the same thing. Although I knew it was a come-on, I went ahead and bought some of their cheap junk, thinking, "OK, if I am that close to winning, I can pay for it when I win."

• yes , I am quite fed up with pch , i have entered their contests for 18 years now with hope that one day they will pull up at my door. I have even baked cookies for them , I am tired of praying and hoping they will come , they never do & never will . I don’t know who are the people that do win , must be family members of theirs. lets all file a class action law suit against them . can we ?
      my e-mail address is , ssbanks91@yahoo.com

• ok

• I would be interested Stacey

• I BEEN PLAYING PCH GAMES NOW FOR OVER 3YRS ,I NEVER WON ANYTHING ,THERE GAMES NEVER PAY OFF ,SO ARE THAY A SCAM OR WHAT ,ALL I KNOW ,IS IM OUT OF WORK ,NO INCOME , AT ALL ,LIVING ON FOOD STAMPS ,N GETTING HELP FROM RENTAL ASISTACE, SO YOU TELL ME ARE THAY A SCAM OR WHAT ,,THAY NEVER PAY OFF , .N ITS TIME FOR THEM TO PAY UP ,ON ALL THERE INSTATE GAMES ,BINGO, LOTTO ,ALL GAMES

• ordered playboy for two years from you,now i have been cut off for non-payment.whats going on

• I now relize i have been scammed and not going to accept or pay bills. They are just taking peoples money and no gain.

• i do not understand your post. pch CLEARLY states purchases & or take part in their partner offers to win.

• There are too many advertisements!!!!You play one instant then there is a 30 second ad,and the same ad plays over and over.By the time you have entered you have seen the same ad 5-10 times.Ridiculous.

• PCH HAS U ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES THAT HAS NEVER BEEN PAID OUT. LIKE PRIZES AND NEW CARS AND EVEN THE MONEY. THEY CLAIM UR THE NEXT WINNER. BUT ITS A LIE. THEY GIVE 1 PRIZE AND EXPECT EVEROYONE ELSE TO BE HAPPY FOR THE WINNER. WHY??? NOBODY WOULD CARE IF I WON. IM DONE WITH PCH. MISLEADING ME EVERYDAY. IM GUNNA FIND ANOTHER SITE TO PLAYO ON. PEOPLE WHO DONT MISLEAD U ON TO BUY THERE PRODUCTS. PCH IS A SCAM AND THEY GTIVE FALSE MISLEADING INFORMATION AND SAY UR GUNNA WIN. NOT UP GUYS WAST9ED TO MUPCH OF MY TIME IM MOVING UPP TO BETTER AND NOT MISLEADING ADS…

• I entered pch like most people with the dream of possible winning,never imagining that i would have to reenter over and over again,I HAVE BEEN BOMBARDED WITH EMAILS BY PCH,feel like i am being scamed!

• I’m feeling the same way every day anywhere from 5 to 20 emails telling me to enter I really don’t think anyone really wins this. I’m beginning to think they pay people to act like winners anyway, SCAM is what I think

• me too. they are the most annoying company I have ever encountered. Just got another one that said "Reply ASAP"

• WOW,so pch gets to post what ever comments they want to,so why bother?