Gold Violin Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Gold Violin Profile

Gold Violin Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: Gold Violin, Inc.
Category: Novelty Store Websites

Consumer Ratings Data

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 2 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Gold Violin

No respect to customers, take their money, ship defective products.

Gold Violin offers no respect or obligation to their customers after they have taken their money and shipped defective products

My 87 year old Mom ordered a small exerciser from Gold Violin. When assembling the device, the fit and finish of the product extremely poor and so defective that the welds actually fell apart.  We repacked the product and have been trying to get a return label for a defective product for over a month.

On Jan 27, 2014 we contacted the company return department (spoke with Tracy) and were informed the label would be sent out and we should receive it with 4-8 days.
No label received for two weeks. (could just be a miscommunication?)

On Feb 12, 2014 we contacted the company again since no label was received (spoke with Tracy). They again promised to send out the label by mail but also to email a copy.
No label received for two weeks. (a pattern is beginning to develop)

On Feb 25, 2014 we contacted the company once again for a third request, (spoke with Alan) who also promised the label would be sent by mail and he would request an email copy to be sent.

No label received for two weeks. (there is a real pattern here!)

On Feb 28, 2014 we contacted the company again (spoke with Mindy) After explaining the situation, the call was disconnected while on hold.

On Feb 28, 2014 we contacted the company again (spoke with Rose) After explaining the situation, and asking to speak with a supervisor, she hung up the phone.

On Feb 28, 2014 we contacted the company once again (spoke with Sally). After explaining the issue once more and she transferred me to Chalbux. After explaining the issue to him and requesting the label to be sent, he said they cannot do that. I asked to speak with a supervisor, he said she wasn’t available. He said he would have her call me, (but he didn’t even have my number!), so I asked him how she was going to contact me, whereupon he realized that I knew he had no intention of following through.

At this point I have no confidence that a label is being issued or sent and that they have no commitment to their customers or their reputation.

After over 4 hours on the phone with 7 (supposed) customer service representatives, we still have no resolution, no return label and the worst experience with an online retailer ever in over 20 years.

So with the wonderful world of technology, we will post these facts for the entire world to see, automatically and perpetually every day.

Hopefully no one else will be subjected to this “Ha Ha, we have your money” attitude.

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Gold Violin

4 thoughts on “Gold Violin

1. I was just about to place an order with goldviolin.com and when i was searching for them this site popped up. I am very glad as I will save myself some headaches and not bother ordering from them. Thank you for your helpful posts.

2. I placed an order and never got email stating they received it. Never got email that it had shipped either. Called today to complain about this VIP you can join which they make it sound like it is free, which is $14.95 a month but the month you join with your order it is 1.99. I called to cancel but they said they cannot credit my $1.99. As a matter of principle, I called to cancel my order, to which they said it had just shipped… how convenient. I am returning my order and NEVER ordering from them again. I asked them to take me off their mailing list too. I am going to complain to my credit card also. It is a scam and they are probably making a lot of money out of it. What can a catalog really give you for $14.95 a month??? Really… Anyway, you live and learn. Do NOT order from them. There are many other sites out there that are honest and not unscrupulous like the gold violin.

3. i ordered from the catalog and wondered what was going on with my order…after several days…no, I was not sent any emails or notices to let me know……"your order was received"…"your order is being shipped…"I emailed Gold Violin..2-3 times…..I got no response I called and spoke to customer service…who did not have a clue as to my order….if I EVER get my order—i won't be dealing with Gold Violin anymore…

4. Rec'd my pkg yesterday. The big box was ols, bashed in, and had a thin strip of scotch tape holdonmg it together on every seam. When I took the tape off, the bopx fell completely apart. It hels 3 catalogs. a bunch of paper stuffing, and two, 2oz tiny packs of napkin clips. The price for each was $10,00. In one of the catalogs, I could have ordered them for $4.99 each. I might have gone to the dollar store and chosen the same items. I want my total to be what is in the sale catalog. I will call customer service tomorrow (Monday), and see what they do for me. I will also tell them to take me off their catalog list.