Hostwinds Reviews

Hostwinds Ratings

Hostwinds Reports

Most Recent Hostwinds Complaints

Is Hostwinds a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Website Domain Hosting Services Directory ListingHostwinds LLC Listing

Charged extra without even knowing me

First I purchased a business hosting plan from hostwinds.com with 50% blackfriday discount FOR $50. after few days staff contacted me that I can’t run my website on their normal hosting plan. so I said transfer me to VPS plan and they said they will all the credits towards VPS plan but they charged extra $31.70 without even knowing me but I order $7.50 VPS plan and they terminate my business hosting plan without refunding me. and they said they will apply credits toward my VPS plan.

after 5-10 days their server crash or i dont know what happen but my VPS doesn’t work and I loose all the data so i asked to refund my money. they only refund $31.70 .

Then i contacted them and ask me to refund the remaining money they refund $25 only and next day i check my credit card statement and found that they charged extra 31.70 that time when i got transferred to VPS. I tried to login to client area and open ticket their but they delete my account and i can’t even reset password.

after that i contacted live chat support. The person said that he can’t do anything about it I have to talk to billing support and open a ticket.I said I can’t login to my account so he said open live chat again after 9:00am cst.

I don’t know what to do, I didn’t even receive the half amount they refunded.

Most Recent Reviews About Hostwinds

Click To Search For Hostwinds Complaints

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Hostwinds

45 Comments on "Hostwinds"

Every service person was helpful and knowledgeable.
They helped me on the phone. I have since become a web designer professionally and still use them. They are absolutely fabulous. I can only hope that Hostwinds won’t change their high level services, but to continue to increase their quality.
In conclusion, my sites are in good hands and I want to recommend this web host.

I recommend Hostwinds, it is decent web host. These guys are willing to walk not just an extra mile but five more miles with you. We had problems with domain transfer, but their IT guy has been very patient with us. He simply didn’t quit until our problems had been resolved.
The uptime with them is great, I rarely have any downtime, or outages at all.
Well, the features fit my needs perfectly.

I am very happy I’ve found Hostwinds half year ago, since then my experience with VPS has been fantastic. Uptime is at 100% level all the time in exception of scheduled server works, ssd and properly tweaked scripts make loading speeds as fast as possible. Support replies in minutes.

I am totally impressed by Hostwinds services and their highly trained technical team. They have tweaked their servers in a proper way to provide best stability and fastest speeds. I just wanted to say how I appreciate Hostwinds service and I am thankful.

Each and every time that I contact Hostwinds support it feels like I am getting support from a friend.
They are always courteous andthey take my stress over technical issues away in seconds.
Hostwinds support sets a high benchmark for great customer support.

I generally don’t give reviews but the service, support and value are
so much greater than what I pay for, I feel that I owe them this
little favour.
Hostwinds, for me, has worked perfectly from day
one and the support staff is simply amazing.

I have been with hostwinds ssd hosting for about 4 months now, on one of the old plans with 20Gbs of space and great amount of bandwidth. I host two huge traffic websites (one of which receives thousands of unique hits a day) and several subdomains.
It is unrealistic to ask for immediate response, but hostwinds usually responded to my request within 15 minutes. What make this decent ssd web host better than my previous host is the price and feature.

I’m amazed by their support. They are responsive within 10 minutes! I
will recommend them to everyone.

Hostwinds perfectly knows their job and how to run service provider business properly. I have been with them for a year by far and still have had zero technical issues, because my websites are always fast and up, I am really satisfied with this kind of service level. But even if you have any software issue you have support to assist any time of day or night. Top level customer care as for me!

I’m impressed with Hostwinds support team. Always willing to assist me over and over again with even the smallest request. I have not had one day of trouble from this hosting account, and only contact them to help me set up issues with my domain. Very kind, easy to work with, and exceptional service and value.
My website is up and running and I love it! Their list of extra software installations is huge and their Site Studio is really easy to use. Recommended.

Great support all the time.
Everytime I need a support as a beginner they always help me. Quick answer to every chat, Hostwinds team are very friendly. Highly recommended hosting company.

I am very pleased with Hostwinds services. Their servers are powered with premium hardware and best software that make them very fast and stable. Technical support team is available any time you need them and have rich experience in field of server maintenance.

I compared over 20 web hosts and must say that hostwinds impressed me with the price and features, so I gave them a try and paid via Paypal. They activated my hosting account instantly.
I dont really enjoy learning about web servers and stuff, however, I have enjoyed getting everything setup, you just need to have a level of patience and explain everything in detail and everything will happen.

I tried a couple of hosting companies and none of them can be
compared to Hostwinds. Tickets are answered within 5 minutes, chat is
available all the time and their customer service is patient and
helping until any problem is solved.

Thank you for your good service and I am thankful trough this comment. I am getting top notch service with everything I’ve been looking for. Hostwinds has well trained techies that are online all the time and give full quick support.

Hostwinds made my hosting experience really happy. They have provided close to ideal stability and no technical troubles have happened so far. Support is also fast, average response time is 30 minutes. Nothing to complain, sorry :)

All I know about hostwinds is that it is professional ssd web host which is perfect for running wordpress blogs. Setup was fast and customer support was very helpful spending over 20 minutes with me at Live Chat. It is so rare that you get good customer service nowadays.
The online chat facility has been very good from a customer service point of view. Great experience here.

One of my friends recommended me to try Vps hosting from Hostwinds. I’ve done some search and found pretty good feedbacks about them. So, the main advantage of using their ssd hosting service is that I have never had real problems to solve, or if there appeared some problems, well-trained support staff always assisted me to get rid of them.

Uptime is good, my site is always up.
If you are thinking about switching, this is the host to go with.

My experience with hostwinds ssd shared hosting has been nothing but positive. I have received guaranteed uptime and user-friendly account that came with nice features and fast file accessibility. Support was there when needed and gave clear information about any issue.

I just wanted to comment that my account creation was completed within
minutes and the transition to Hostwinds
has gone flawlessly for me. Everything worked as I expected it to and
no surprises hit. That’s the first time that’s ever happened.
Usually, switching hosts means at least 2 or 3 things will go wrong
but so far my experience has been pleasing

The price you see is rarely the price you get in the web hosting world. While
this holds true for Hostwinds when the dust settles you are still
coming out on top. Hostwinds is reliable and well priced. Good enough
for me.

I must say that hostwinds is an excellent web host, easy to set up fast and through help and support service. Good range of price plans. They also offer the opportunity to install up to 400 CMS in one click. Besides, they transferred all my files for free along with competent support help. The other things I like about their service are: Free Website Builder, Free domain and SEO Tools.
Good ssd web host.

Hostwinds have been a solid experience overall for me.
For simply hosting WordPress blogs that get a small amount of traffic, it does the job.
Awesome support. They usually reply 5-10 minutes after you submit your ticket with a logical answer. Can’t ask for more…

Hostwinds is a full-service web host and I find very useful that I can order
everything I need from one place. Very fast activation.

Alexandra Weatherford

So Hostwinds is always reliable, well priced, and support is good.While
using them, I face no issues. Servers work with no glitches. They are
worth every cent you pay for their services.