Hostwinds Reviews

Hostwinds Ratings

Hostwinds Reports

Most Recent Hostwinds Complaints

Is Hostwinds a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Website Domain Hosting Services Directory ListingHostwinds LLC Listing

Charged extra without even knowing me

First I purchased a business hosting plan from hostwinds.com with 50% blackfriday discount FOR $50. after few days staff contacted me that I can’t run my website on their normal hosting plan. so I said transfer me to VPS plan and they said they will all the credits towards VPS plan but they charged extra $31.70 without even knowing me but I order $7.50 VPS plan and they terminate my business hosting plan without refunding me. and they said they will apply credits toward my VPS plan.

after 5-10 days their server crash or i dont know what happen but my VPS doesn’t work and I loose all the data so i asked to refund my money. they only refund $31.70 .

Then i contacted them and ask me to refund the remaining money they refund $25 only and next day i check my credit card statement and found that they charged extra 31.70 that time when i got transferred to VPS. I tried to login to client area and open ticket their but they delete my account and i can’t even reset password.

after that i contacted live chat support. The person said that he can’t do anything about it I have to talk to billing support and open a ticket.I said I can’t login to my account so he said open live chat again after 9:00am cst.

I don’t know what to do, I didn’t even receive the half amount they refunded.

Most Recent Reviews About Hostwinds

Click To Search For Hostwinds Complaints

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Hostwinds

• NatalieMelch

I never seen customer support like this before. Had a problem with
    account. I sent ticket and staff replied within 2 minutes. Quick, simple and accurate everything was fixed almost in an instant. If you keep up the good work I will never go anywhere else for
    my hosting needs.

• Tilde Koch

These guys seem to really know what they’re doing. Uptime has been 100%.
    Hostwinds have always been okay for me when hosting personal web pages.

• JanRichter

My site’s been running
    smooth with close to 100% uptime. Tech/billing support is very
    good, as close to perfect as you can get. The people are very
    knowledgeable, friendly and really 24h available. Basically, Hostwinds is solid all
    around. Go with them, and never worry about
    your hosting again.

• enedina craig

I am extremely pleased with Hostwinds. I am only semi-literate on most
    tech issues, but their instantly available live support have helped
    me immensely. Any hosting company can brag about their uptime and
    reliability, but these people really deliver the goods. Their
    pricing is a great value. Their speed is rock solid. And they are
    just really good people to deal with.

• LarryL

I had so many issues with the previous 6 hosting companies that I thought they were all terrible and I’d never find a decent hosting company for myself and my clients. Thankfully I have found Hostwinds and now I am happy with them! Their support is really amazing! I always receive fast assistance and full comprehensive answers. I’ve hit up the tech support chat a couple times at midnight and somewhere was there to help! That is really amazing!

• Antonio Adames

I never experience any downtime, which keeps my business constantly growing!! I would recommend Hostwinds to anyone! Ps. Features are top notch!

• Wirtz Jorg

Fair prices. They do what they say and bill what they say. Their customer service agents are easy to understand. Moreover, they are knowledgeable, and can solve problems beyond regurgitating the help files. They actually have problems solving skills.
    Decent features, affordable hosting – it’s a ‘known’ name, so a safe choice for most personal and small to mid size companies. Hostwinds is really superb ssd litespeed web host.

• Oskar Sinclair

I’m running vbulletin forums and they can be a real resource hog! I moved my site to Hostwinds.com and it’s running fast. I highly recommend hostwinds to anyone who needs hosting with OK speed and really affordable price.

• Stefanie Austerlitz

Being a photographer, I was very much impressed with the FTP server speed at Hostwinds.com, as I need to upload lots of heavy files for my photo gallery. Excellent 24/7 support team, the resolved all my problems quickly. They even helped me to configure my FTP client software. They are taking good care of my website. Few days back when ’some one’ tried to corrupt our site, it was picked up by Hostwinds as it happened, we were really not aware of the problem, until they told us about the ‘attempt’ to mess us up. Such a faultless hosting service, I recommend them fully.

• Hudson Barkman

I found hostwinds to be very helpful and competent in answering any questions or making changed to my site. Admittedly I am only hosting html based site, but have a steady flow of visitors, who extremely rarely report downtime.
    I use them for my web and email hosting and they have been very reliable with nearly no downtime since we’ve been using them. My site it ultra-fast these days and I’m a very happy customer.
    Back to my experience with hostwinds for last couple months – I would say you can rely on it.

• Rosa Moore

Hostwinds has been a wonderful experience, all-around. I set up my first website without a hitch,
    and it’s been running like a dream ever since. I recommend Hostwinds
    to all beginners!

• Alexander Granerud

Hostwinds hosting company is truly best among other in the field of business hosts. They are providing performance-optimized servers with useful features included. Strongest side is support staff who know what to do with software and hardware to make it rock-solid. Decent service.

• Mark Menz

These guys are really great to work with. They’re very down to earth and
    easy to talk to when I need assistance. The fact that you can get
    support on whenever you need 24/7 is pretty awesome too. I highly
    recommend using Hostwinds.

• Emmerik S

I don’t know what happened with them later. But my year of experience with Hostwinds has been excellent. Their support guys are always there and have high skills in servers and various hosting apps. When they say that they have 24/7 support they really mean it. I have contacted in the middle of the night and got 20 reply in 20 minutes. Great
    service!

• Kris S

Just want to say that the price you see is rarely the price you get in the
    web hosting world. While this holds true for Hostwinds when the dust
    settles you are still coming out on top. Hostwinds is reliable and
    well priced. It is good enough for me. And I am fond of having deals
    with them.

• Alex Robson

So far I’m very pleased with Hostwinds. I have never encountered any
    problems and customer support has always been very helpful whenever I
    call. I would highly recommend to anyone who are interested in
    getting quality services at modest rates. Good for them! I like the
    way they provide their services!

• Mark Fetkovich

My VPS is very quick.
    The price is very cheap and setup very quick, the control panel is different but houses loads of features and after a while is really easy to use.
    My webmail is a lot easier to get to than it is on other hosts using cPanel.
    Web page loads fast and my visitors do not complain.

• Jack Jonson

I just recently moved over to Hostwinds, and immediately my script gave me trouble. Their customer support helped me and solved the trouble. Special requests have always come through quickly and gracefully. As long as they stick to their guns on not overselling their servers, I don’t think I’ll ever be looking for a new web host.

For service and support I give Hostwinds a 10/10 and I highly recommend them.