We Heart Websites Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Emily Kil - Proprietor and Designer
Corp Website: facebook.com/WeHeartWebsites

We Heart Websites Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest We Heart Websites Complaint

Is We Heart Websites a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Design & Development Services Directory ListingResponse From Company

Emily Kil - Email address harvesting spammer.

i recently received a spam email promoting “Emily Kil’s” services.. I did not sign up for this list, I don’t even know who this idiot is. I can see from other complaints that they’re not someone I would choose to do anything..

Received: by 10.224.192.6 with SMTP id do6csp232193qab;
Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:42:05 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.66.142.170 with SMTP id rx10mr46030155pab.117.1391539324806;
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:42:04 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path:
Received: from me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com (me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com. [72.19.254.179])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id oq9si25718790pac.64.2014.02.04.10.42.04
for ;
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:42:04 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of streamsendbouncer@me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com designates 72.19.254.179 as permitted sender) client-ip=72.19.254.179;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of streamsendbouncer@me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com designates 72.19.254.179 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=streamsendbouncer@me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com;
dmarc=fail (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Received: by me-ss2-p0ckkl.mailengine1.com (PowerMTA(TM) v3.5r15sb7) id hu4q7o0jql4m for ; Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:20:00 -0800 (envelope-from )
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=”_———-=_107x”
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: StreamSend2 – 3x
X-Mailer-Version: 2.0
X-Mailer-Environment: production
X-Report-Abuse-At: abuse@streamsend.com
X-Report-Abuse-Info: It is important to please include full email headers in the report
X-rpcampaign: StreamSendx
Reply-To: “Emily Kil”
To: x@gmail.com
Subject: Emily Kil – Freelance Website Designer
Message-ID:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

–_———-=_1073964459106330
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi.

I’m an experienced freelance website designer who specializes in
creating beautiful website and logo design concepts.

You can view my portfolio at www.fb.com/weheartwebsites and my
resume at www.emilykil.com

My rate is $40 an hour and I am available to work on projects now.

Please let me know if you have any projects with which you need help.

Sincerely,

–_———-=_1073964459106330
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

To
unsubscribe, please click here.
Hi.I’m an experienced freelance website designer who specializes in
creating beautiful website and logo design concepts.You can view my portfolio at www.fb.com/weheartwebsites
and my resume at www.emilykil.com.My rate is $40 an hour and I am available to work on projects now.Please let me know if you have any projects with which you need
help.Sincerely,

Emily Kil

415-683-6580

–_———-=_1x

Official Responses from We Heart Websites

By: Emily Kil On: May 3, 2013

Hi. Brett Cadiente hired me to create a homepage design concept including 2 rounds of revisions for $250. This is my standard rate and I offer two rounds of revisions on all designs I create. Most of my clients are other agencies rather than end customers such as Brett Cadiente so I never run into the problem of explaining what two rounds of revisions means. I think it is generally understood that revisions are modifications to the design rather than brand new design concepts.

I created a homepage design concept for Brett Cadiente based on his instructions and he came back to me asking for a dramatically different design. Given that customers oftentimes are unsure of what they want until they actually see it, I accommodated his request and created a new design concept and considered it a revision.

Then, he emails me months later this time with completely different instructions. At this point I told him that I can not include this as a revision and that I’d have to charge an extra $150 for the new design. He proceeds to tell me that he’s broke and can not afford to pay my fee. I told him that I can make minor modifications to one of the two designs but can not create a brand new concept for the same price.

He disputed the payment with Paypal. Paypal ruled in my favor. He then disputed the payment with his credit card company. I was not given an opportunity to explain the situation to his credit card company and was simply told by Paypal that the credit card company decided to refund the payment and that due to Paypal’s Terms of Service, I can not contest the credit card company’s ruling. As such, I created two design concepts for this client and did not receive a dime. The client, however, has the jpegs and psd files for both designs.

For all other freelance designers, I would be careful when considering to work with Brett Cadiente.

10 Most Recent We Heart Websites Complaints

Consumer Comments For We Heart Websites

• We have used Emily’s services a number of times and have been very pleased. It’s too bad this single angry customer has gone to extremes to try to hurt Emily. She is great to work with.

• Spam is still spam. My reply to Emily’s above email bounced. So I visited http://www.emilykil.com, and got an immediate response saying, "Sorry, it took too long to find the document at the original source. Please try again later." There was no delay, it was immediate.

Spam adds unnecessary friction that, drip by drip, wastes our lives. Nobody like it except the spammers, who deserve to be shunned outright. Who but a con artist would try to start a relationship with a fraud, however small?

• We have been using Emily for about 2 years on designs and she has been great, flexible and fast. We have never had a problem.

• Just a bit of advice. never hire a web designer who does not have their own website on a company owned domain. Her e-mail indicates her website url is http://www.emilykil.com whoever this disguises the real URL (a classic SPAMer’s trick) which is <a href="http://app.streamsend.com/c/20497571/317/jHwzfwR/idae39vq2z?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2 Fwww.emilykil.com” target=”_blank”>http://app.streamsend.com/c/20497571/317/jHwzfwR/…” target=”_blank”>Fwww.emilykil.com

A real designer would know how to register a domain, contract for real web hosting, and have a real independent website not a page on a SPAM services server.

If you receive an e-mail from this supposed web designer you can contact the domain register’s spam and abuse reporting service listed in the domain’s whois record "Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@1and1.com"

• emilykil.com is a real domain. She sends her spam through streamsend, so links in her emails hit their servers (app.streamsend.com) first for analytics purposes. The ?redirect_to at the end of the url means you will go to streamsend, register a click from her email, then be redirected to her site, emilykil.com. If a link in someone’s email doesn’t look like that, they probably don’t know what they’re doing.

• Dear Sir,
      You’re mistaken on many points.
      1. Website designers are specialized in design not in administration, while they might manage or host your site, it is usually with a third party provider.

2. The link that is in the e-mail, which I happen to have a copy of, is obviously a redirection link, by the company that she purchased a marketing list from, it was for that company to show how many people clicked on the link from the e-mail. The website http://www.emilykil.com is valid. You should go after streamsend.com, and have them remove you from their email marketing lists. In actuality your complaint would be of more a service to you and the users of this board, if you complained about THEM.

3. While it is annoying to receive such e-mail, her e-mail is simply a marketing strategy, which is available to anyone who uses those services. While it can be annoying, so are the usual marketing packets you get in the mail, sometimes you might actually be interested in it, while everyone else throws it into the trash.

Just thought I would point that out.

• I just thought I would point out that Spam Victim II’s points are 100% valid and on-target. Your premise that shoddy skills and deceptive behavior is somehow the norm is suspicious. And you seem to make an effort to make "annoying" something people have to put up with. Post your real email address here tomorrow and you will learn how "annoying" spam can be, but since you seem to like "annoying" it shouldn’t be a problem. Me, I prefer people who are going to engage in deceptive spam-marketing to go out of business quickly and completely. Any part of your business that is "annoying" should go away. Oh, and anyone who touts their web design skills should, at a minimum, not have a suspicious domain and their links should be clean.

• Emily Kil is a spammer. Her spam says she is at Plymouth MA. Her website says she is at LA. The way you stop spammers is to not do business with them.

• Hi. I recently moved to Plymouth, MA from Los Angeles. I simply forgot to update my address on my website. Nonetheless, I still use my LA address as my primary address as it’s the address for my mother who handles all of my marketing and book keeping.

• That doesn’t address the fact that you’re a spammer. I don’t know how you got my email, but I certainly didn’t sign up for the "Please Hire Emily Kil" Newsletter.

Also, your company’s name is misspelled in your ridiculous pdf "website" resumé.

• I sent Brett Cadiente an email this evening telling him that the following part of his posting is a blatant lie:

"I am out $250 with no design. I have nothing in my possession for what I spent."

I asked him to remove the review (or atleast the false part above).

He received a full refund from his credit card company (to which I did not have the opportunity to share my side of the story) and he was given the jpg and psd (Photoshop) files for all the designs I gave him.

As he notes in his response, I promised him one original design concept with 2 rounds of revisions. Not three original design concepts as he was trying to get from me.

I’d also like to note that that on January 15 after Paypal declined to give him a refund (but before he went directly to his credit card company), he said the following to me via email:

"I was going to start posting complaints on as many sites as I can find but decided to wait on that to see what you would tell me first."

He wanted me to create a third original design concept for the price of one. If I did not, he threatened to write bad reviews. As a person with some self respect, I decided to decline and not succumb to his threat.

Lo and behold, he did write and unbalanced reviews on websites where he can write these reviews anonymously. This is my first and only time dealing with such a vindictive customer.

To future customers,
    If you have questions about this situation, please email me and I will send you a private link to a webpage where I have posted the complete unedited email exchange I had with Brett Cadiente during this business transaction. I think you will find that Brett Cadiente is distorting the facts to maliciously hurt my business because he did not get his way. My email address is emilykil82@gmail.com.

• Emily Kil at We Heart Websites has asked me to update my complaint alleging that my complaint is false. At the time I made the complaint, everything was accurate. Since Emily Kil at We Heart Websites did not refund my money or simply provide the third revision as promised, I had to call my credit card company to file a complaint to which I have been credited the monies I spent. Had the designer simply provided the third revision (which was an original design with 2 rounds of revisions) as agreed she would have the $250 and I would’ve been fine.

• @Jan – thanks for the tip. I remember being impressed with your datestr2num utility back when, but I simply forgot it lately. So your comment is right on.