SeniorPeopleMeet.com Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Seniorpeoplemeet.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: January 29, 2015

SeniorPeopleMeet.com Corporate Contact

Business Name: People Media Inc.
P.O. Box 25458
Dallas, Texas 75225 USA

Corp Phone Number: 323-603-0188
Corp Email: hostmaster@match.com
Company Contact: Gregory R. Blatt - CEO
Corp Website: seniorpeoplemeet.com

SeniorPeopleMeet.com Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest SeniorPeopleMeet.com Complaint

Is SeniorPeopleMeet.com a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Dating Websites Directory ListingPeople Media Inc. ListingParent: IAC

Security nightmare, scammers heaven

I was a member of Senior People Meet for three years. During that time my accounts were hacked into four times and my profiles were removed three times. Each time that I got hacked, another person would substitute their picture for mine, modify portions of my profile, change the age and location, and then send out flirts all over the nation. The responses would come back to me along with mail from persons interested in the new me. Mail to the victims also included the perpetrators names and email addresses and requests to chat with them off the site.

The site people were not helpful. They couldn’t stop the hacking, couldn’t help me restore and secure my profile, and it took me lots of time and effort with their very limited customer service section to get partial refunds (no refunds while I was being hacked, only a prorated partial refund after the profile was removed from their system).

Worse than the lack of security was that it put a lot of older women (75-85) who responded to the flirts in a vulnerable position. The hackers that left their emails and names in messages were were forwarded to the site security people. Senior People Meet service security people never did respond to the name and email information. A call to them basically ended with “once your profile is removed, we do not do anything further”. Be warned about this service and its lack of security allowing for an easy scam on the unsuspecting.

Tom

10 Most Recent SeniorPeopleMeet.com Complaints

More About SeniorPeopleMeet.com

SeniorPeopleMeet.com is run by IAC / InterActiveCorp the same company that runs Match.com, Chemistry.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com, LoveAndSeek.com, and BabyBoomerPeopleMeet.com.

IAC / InterActiveCorp - 555 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011. Senior People Meet target people over the age of 50 looking to meet other people online for dates. Related Complaint / Company - SeniorMeet.com

Consumer Comments For SeniorPeopleMeet.com

• I met a man who turned out to be very dishonest. I lost $3400. Beware RMB from Boston. Lied about age, education, history, home ownership, income etc,etc, etc. I was completely duped. He just joined up again.

• I WENT ON FOR A ONE MONTH TEST . THEY TOOK MY DEBIT CARD AND TRIED TO CHARGE FOR A SECOND MONTH. GOT A NEW DEBIT CARD ISSUED. WARNING WARNING WARNING

• Thanks for the question, I have joined this dating site , it’s not free but i think members here are not active , and i joined another online dating site Senior Meet Login , I have many happy time here

• The phone Senior People Meet is 866 320 0106

• I was going to join this site, but think I shall look at E-Harmony instead. They sound quite reputable. Thank you all for posting your experiences. You have saved some of us a lot of grief and money!

• Woodie, I did join E-Harmony. The first date matched up was 850 miles from me. I had to jump quick to get my money back in the 24 hrs they gave me after I cancelled.

• Joined E-Harmony. the only thing they matched me on was age. None of the “recommendations” had anything else in common with me. Could have done better in a bar.

• I just renewed senior people for six months I do not have the sent part that show the e-mail went or when they
    read the notification I don’t know if they charged me for it or not, but I would like to have it like it was before I know
    you pay more for it, but I would like it added.

• Valentyna Capalbo has found someone on this site and fell in love. Happy to report that we are living together and no longer need the site or people in it.

• I’ve had one definite scanner, a few others who wanted my personal email or number right away. Now I can’t even get on the site because it won’t accept my email or password anymore. I am sure I have them correctly and want to cancel my membership, but can’t even get on to do this.

• I’ve had one definite scanner, and I think a vindictive suitor I rejected, and now I can’t even log in to the site to cancel my own profile. Plus I didn’t realize my profile would appear on other sites automatically. I am trying to log in with the same email I’ve had for years, and I’m sure of my password, but can’t get in. At this point I just want to get in to erase my profile, but can’t.

• They ripped me off by auto billing me. The first thing I did was turn off auto renew, before my profile was even completed. The month expired and I see the auto renew was changed from NO to YES.

If these a*****e con artists think I won’t go hunt these twits down. They are in for one hell of a surprise.

• Glad to hear you say that

• I would recommend that a new function be installed that would permit a search by compatibility, ie., the highest profiles would be shown in the order of the highest compatibility with the individual searching.

Thanks.

• Someone recently tried to hack into my profile. The company did the right thing & stopped it. But, they also prevented me from getting into the site. When I finally reached someone, they re-opened my profile but the details belomnged to someone else. When I questioned it, they said they would change it. Then, they deleted`all my contacts, messages, flirts, etc… and then told me that theyn domnot have room on their server and once things get deleted they are gone for good. This is factually untrue. I wrote to the President via a letter and receveided an email response from a customer care rep, the lowest person on the totem polewho tried to blame everything that happened on me. These people DO NOT police their site well and are totally unresponsive to complaints. Now,I am gettingemails almost daily aboutpeople who have viewed my profile and sent messages. This is after I requested a refund and asked them to delete my profile. All they want is your subscription which you pay for even though they advertise that you can search fro FREE. These people are not reputable. STAY AWAY !!!!!!

• I don’t care if it appears publicly. I just want to cancel.

• I want to cancel my subscription to Senior people meet. There is no place to cancel from what i see.

• Go to your account and just keep following the steps there and you will be able to cancel. I have just cancelled and took my profile off! Be sure to turn off auto billing or you will be billed each month or each quarter!

• I have had the experience. Watch out for IB689. She is on many of these dating sites and is very adept at getting you to give her money.

• If you decide to uypgrade to reade your messages they SAY it is $19.98 but they actually charge you $23.98 without asking you. And no one to ever talk with. Emails to customer support go unanswered.

• just contact your credit card company and have them change your card number, problem solved !

• I had person that keeps e-mailing me after I told him not to contact me again and he just keep bugging me ,I told him to stop contacting me but he just keeps it up , so can you block him from e-mailing me.his Dong 1204, out of Springfield, Mo.

• How do you cancel when hacked? Unable to contact senior people.com to talk to a live person.
    Bahaags@yahoo.com

• Good luck I could never get their phone number so i quit

• Note: I just sent an email/comment….I do not want it posted!!!! All I want is a phone # to contact you guys….Help! This is insane.

Elia

• I’m currently a member of senior perople meet .com. I have been having difficulty finding your telephone number so, I can speak to a live person; is anyone there????? Please send me an email with your contact phone number as, I have some questions that need answering.

• Their no. is 866-320-0106 9:00am-6:00pm

• Why should I pay to use this sight-If I mail someone a note and they are non paying members –they cannot open the mail–I was just thinking that suppose the Post Office did that—you put a stamp on a letter and then if the recipient tries to get his mail –he would hve to buy annother stamp. THis is what I see as charging for a service that you do not deliver–

• Totally agree with you there, it wouldn’t be bad if there was a way to identify a paying memeber.

• I find when I sign up I can’t reach any of the people they list saying they are members why babe3933

• help me to reactivate my profile,account,etc.I have had women contact me or send me messages…who will pay me for wasting money…They dont inform me how long can i use this site for this amount of money i paid for???!!! USERNAME>>>CAPVALINA..THE ACTIONS on this site ought to be improved.

• Why do they not post a good phone #? Because of the complaints. I cannot get into my account. Cannot find a phone # to call them!

• someone hacked into my site . senior people meet said they would give me a month free ..never happened also they make it impossible to call them by finding their number

• Senior people meet keeps sending messages but have lost password long go and codes are impossible.. None of them work so can’t access my account at all!!!!!

• I received an email from a person scamming me. It was received in a response to changing my password The email sender was contact@SeniorPeopleMeet. When I tried to reply to find out who sent it the email did not go through

• guess what? they have probably sold your profile to numerous other dating sites…google your profile name and see if it comes up under any other dating sites. you will then have your work cut out for you!