SeniorPeopleMeet.com Reviews and Consumer Complaints

Company Contact: Gregory R Blatt - CEO
Corp Website: seniorpeoplemeet.com

SeniorPeopleMeet.com Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest SeniorPeopleMeet.com Complaint

Is SeniorPeopleMeet.com a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Dating Websites Directory ListingPeople Media Inc ListingParent: IAC

Beware members!

I was a member of Senior People meet and thought I had canceled my membership two years ago. Today I received a text message for a possible fraudulent charge. I called the bank and they informed me of a charge to my credit card for $71.94.

I did some checking of SPM’s web site and sure enough, for the past two years they have been charging my credit care every six moths as part of an automatic renewal.  I know I used the online steps to discontinue my membership, so I was surprised to see I was still being charge. T

oday I did a search of their site to determine the steps to take to “unsubscribe” from their service. The steps are clear and easy, but as I followed them, the site never says this will unsubscribe your membership. They never use the word “unsubscribe” . It says that this will remove all photos, emails, and your profile… but never uses the word unsubscribe and that you will no longer be charged.  I followed all the steps as described, but I’m still not sure if my subscription is actually cancelled.

Another thing that is puzzling… just last month my bank issued me a new credit card, with a new number. My other card had been possibly compromised. Yes SPM had my new credit card number… how did they get my number? I had to contact other merchants that I have signed up for auto pay and provide them with my new number…

Most Recent SeniorPeopleMeet.com Complaints

More About SeniorPeopleMeet.com

SeniorPeopleMeet.com is run by IAC / InterActiveCorp the same company that runs Match.com, Chemistry.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com, LoveAndSeek.com, and BabyBoomerPeopleMeet.com.

IAC / InterActiveCorp - 555 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011. Senior People Meet target people over the age of 50 looking to meet other people online for dates. Related Complaint / Company - SeniorMeet.com

Consumer Comments For SeniorPeopleMeet.com

• Carrie O

They also run Our Time.com, i tried to delete my profile and pictures and checked the box saying i wanted that done but i am still getting emails from the site. How can i get emails if you were supposed to delete all my info? While on there i had a few people that i knew that were no longer on the site somehow miraculously look at my profile and write to me saying they were a friend of the owner…funny because my friend never heard of them…lots of scammers on this site!

• lucy

Thanks for the question, I have joined this dating site , it’s not free but i think members here are not active , and i joined another online dating site Senior Meet Login , I have many happy time here

• lucy

http://seniorpeoplemeet.info/ #seniorpeoplemeet #over50 dating with the senior people and meet the best senior singles,welcome to the best senior people meet dating site!

• Colonel Mustard

I love Lucy

• JR

Their customer service is the worse that I have ever seen. In fact you might say,”what customer service?”
    You cannot call them to correct any errors or or any other problems.
    My account got hacked into and someone was messing with my messages.
    I have credit coming and cannot contact any one regarding getting it issued to my account.,
    Really bad site. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT !

• Elizabeth Ward

Several friends urged me to try Internet dating. I am a 71 year professional female so I thought I’d try Senior People Meet. I met a couple of gentlemen who were pleasant, but no chemistry. However, I decided to opt out when I received an extremely offensive and inappropriate response to my photo. I complained to the site, but it never responded to my concern. Instead, they attempted to coax me back with a lower monthly rate. No more SeniorPeopleMeet for me. I would not recommend the site to anyone.

• kerschmidtlap

Oh! And now I have to wait for these comments to be approved before they will post.

• kerschmidtlap

I signed up for one month. This sight continuously sent contacts to members which I gave no indication for. It deleted my profile after I spent a week editing it. It has been impossible to maintain contact with other members. What a Crock of s**t.

• Chrissy Jamie

I have a grandmother I love very very much. I cannot image her on this website!

• jerryJ

S.P.M. is as BIG A SCAM as P.O.F. which means Plenty Of Fools. You are better off going to a local “Club, bar” whatever, you want to call it. You will get more out of it

• Crzycrftnt

Last night went to renew membership for 1 more month, but when I check on new mail was charged for a 6 months renewal. I have tried calling them for the number on my credit card statement and they only record a message to go online, which doesn’t work either. I can’t afford over $100 for that membership as I’m on limited income. I was just going to try 1 more month to see if maybe I could find someone. I think I got railroaded.

• Roz

Dispute the charge on your credit card. The bank should remove it.

• Nadya

I met a man who turned out to be very dishonest. I lost $3400. Beware RMB from Boston. Lied about age, education, history, home ownership, income etc,etc, etc. I was completely duped. He just joined up again.

• Nadya

And now he is in Denver looking for someone again…before his stuff is even out of my house!!!

• Steve614

Keep his stuff and change your locks.

• mia

has he ever used the name Joe?

• Roger Downing

I WENT ON FOR A ONE MONTH TEST . THEY TOOK MY DEBIT CARD AND TRIED TO CHARGE FOR A SECOND MONTH. GOT A NEW DEBIT CARD ISSUED. WARNING WARNING WARNING

• carry736

Thanks for the question, I have joined this dating site , it’s not free but i think members here are not active , and i joined another online dating site Senior Meet Login , I have many happy time here

• Carrie O

Gee carry you talk just lime lucy in a prior comment…are you guys plants in here for tbe sites to drum up business…who speaks like many happy time here?

• Doug

The phone Senior People Meet is 866 320 0106

• Woodie

I was going to join this site, but think I shall look at E-Harmony instead. They sound quite reputable. Thank you all for posting your experiences. You have saved some of us a lot of grief and money!

• Fred Ferrell

Woodie, I did join E-Harmony. The first date matched up was 850 miles from me. I had to jump quick to get my money back in the 24 hrs they gave me after I cancelled.

• Gordon

Joined E-Harmony. the only thing they matched me on was age. None of the “recommendations” had anything else in common with me. Could have done better in a bar.

• janet jordan

I just renewed senior people for six months I do not have the sent part that show the e-mail went or when they
    read the notification I don’t know if they charged me for it or not, but I would like to have it like it was before I know
    you pay more for it, but I would like it added.

• Italian Scallion

Valentyna Capalbo has found someone on this site and fell in love. Happy to report that we are living together and no longer need the site or people in it.

• peggy

I’ve had one definite scanner, a few others who wanted my personal email or number right away. Now I can’t even get on the site because it won’t accept my email or password anymore. I am sure I have them correctly and want to cancel my membership, but can’t even get on to do this.

• peggy

I’ve had one definite scanner, and I think a vindictive suitor I rejected, and now I can’t even log in to the site to cancel my own profile. Plus I didn’t realize my profile would appear on other sites automatically. I am trying to log in with the same email I’ve had for years, and I’m sure of my password, but can’t get in. At this point I just want to get in to erase my profile, but can’t.

• Carrie O

Any site they own will have your profile but you will only get email tbrough the the one you joined..they’re tricky like that

• guest postal worker

They ripped me off by auto billing me. The first thing I did was turn off auto renew, before my profile was even completed. The month expired and I see the auto renew was changed from NO to YES.

If these a*****e con artists think I won’t go hunt these twits down. They are in for one hell of a surprise.

• BewareofWisconsin

Glad to hear you say that

• Darcy Hanley

Match.com does the same thing with auto renew. All the sites do it. You have to be up on when you are expiring and put a cancel membership in. IMO all these sites are the same. Agree you will do better in a club/bar meeting place, but where are lots of them these day! I say bring them back. These sites are going backwards not forward. Useless for the most part.

• Guest

I would recommend that a new function be installed that would permit a search by compatibility, ie., the highest profiles would be shown in the order of the highest compatibility with the individual searching.

Thanks.

• John Sosak

Someone recently tried to hack into my profile. The company did the right thing & stopped it. But, they also prevented me from getting into the site. When I finally reached someone, they re-opened my profile but the details belomnged to someone else. When I questioned it, they said they would change it. Then, they deleted`all my contacts, messages, flirts, etc… and then told me that theyn domnot have room on their server and once things get deleted they are gone for good. This is factually untrue. I wrote to the President via a letter and receveided an email response from a customer care rep, the lowest person on the totem polewho tried to blame everything that happened on me. These people DO NOT police their site well and are totally unresponsive to complaints. Now,I am gettingemails almost daily aboutpeople who have viewed my profile and sent messages. This is after I requested a refund and asked them to delete my profile. All they want is your subscription which you pay for even though they advertise that you can search fro FREE. These people are not reputable. STAY AWAY !!!!!!

• Robert Schubert

I don’t care if it appears publicly. I just want to cancel.

• Robert Schubert

I want to cancel my subscription to Senior people meet. There is no place to cancel from what i see.

• BewareofWisconsin

Go to your account and just keep following the steps there and you will be able to cancel. I have just cancelled and took my profile off! Be sure to turn off auto billing or you will be billed each month or each quarter!

• Phil

I have had the experience. Watch out for IB689. She is on many of these dating sites and is very adept at getting you to give her money.

How can she be adept? Just say NO

• There are many women out there that just look for lonely men who can be conned very easily as they are lonely and are hoping for a love connection. The very first time that any woman mentions money, I tell her not to bother me any more and move on. Some women are very good at lying and making a good-hearted man want to feel like he’s truly helping them out. Just remember, every person in the World has financial problems from time to time. It is NOT your responsibility to help someone you don’t know very well just because they are having problems raising money for their little sister who needs an operation for whatever the case. Just tell them that you can’t afford to take on someone Else’s financial responsibilities and walk away! Don’t fall for the sob story! We all have our own stories, just disconnect from them and don’t talk to them again. Unless of course you don’t mind being separated from your hard earned money by a scam con artist! No beginning love relationship should cost you anything but your time and attention! Don’t fall for the bullshit that’s out there!

• Violet

If you decide to uypgrade to reade your messages they SAY it is $19.98 but they actually charge you $23.98 without asking you. And no one to ever talk with. Emails to customer support go unanswered.

• guest

just contact your credit card company and have them change your card number, problem solved !

• Darcy Hanley

Nice idea. But some cars agree to just switch over your old accounts on them for auto charges. I guess you have to call them to stop the charge.

• Evelyn Milner

I had person that keeps e-mailing me after I told him not to contact me again and he just keep bugging me ,I told him to stop contacting me but he just keeps it up , so can you block him from e-mailing me.his Dong 1204, out of Springfield, Mo.

Boy nice name lol

• Pam Haag

How do you cancel when hacked? Unable to contact senior people.com to talk to a live person.
    Bahaags@yahoo.com

• Joanie Belk

Good luck I could never get their phone number so i quit

• elia Licon

Note: I just sent an email/comment….I do not want it posted!!!! All I want is a phone # to contact you guys….Help! This is insane.

Elia

• Darcy Hanley

You can go into your account on the site. Their is an area for this. That is where you press STOP auto renew. It is not hard they just do not publicize how to do it. Match.com is no better. They REALLY also try d**n hard to get you back once you leave.

• Elia Licon

I’m currently a member of senior perople meet .com. I have been having difficulty finding your telephone number so, I can speak to a live person; is anyone there????? Please send me an email with your contact phone number as, I have some questions that need answering.

• guest

Their no. is 866-320-0106 9:00am-6:00pm

• Richard Nolan

Why should I pay to use this sight-If I mail someone a note and they are non paying members –they cannot open the mail–I was just thinking that suppose the Post Office did that—you put a stamp on a letter and then if the recipient tries to get his mail –he would hve to buy annother stamp. THis is what I see as charging for a service that you do not deliver–

• Mick R

Totally agree with you there, it wouldn’t be bad if there was a way to identify a paying memeber.

• Darcy Hanley

Usually their degree of activity fills you in on their member status.

• Bingo ….. That’s the whole scam right there Richard! All these dating sites say that once you are a paying member, that you can send e-mails to any other member on their site. What they, “Forget”, to tell you is that anyone you send an e-mail to must also be a paying customer or they won’t be able to open and read your letters! Some sites say they will, but none of them do. Just remember these nine words whenever you consider joining any type of dating site ….. “If you want to play, you’re going to pay!” They are all here to make money from you, the consumer. They don’t really care if you ever hook up or not, although in their commercials they make it sound like they have your best intentions considered. Once you make a match though, chances are you will close your account if you are happy with your connection. That means they lose any of your future monies, so why would they want you to stop sending in $30.00 a month for your membership. Just use common sense for living your life. Think things out before jumping into new ideas! Your wallet will Thank You! (smile)

• babe3933

I find when I sign up I can’t reach any of the people they list saying they are members why babe3933

• VALENTYNA CAPALBO

help me to reactivate my profile,account,etc.I have had women contact me or send me messages…who will pay me for wasting money…They dont inform me how long can i use this site for this amount of money i paid for???!!! USERNAME>>>CAPVALINA..THE ACTIONS on this site ought to be improved.

• D Grisham

Why do they not post a good phone #? Because of the complaints. I cannot get into my account. Cannot find a phone # to call them!

• treads

someone hacked into my site . senior people meet said they would give me a month free ..never happened also they make it impossible to call them by finding their number

• V. Goheen

Senior people meet keeps sending messages but have lost password long go and codes are impossible.. None of them work so can’t access my account at all!!!!!

• Carol Ann Schoen

I received an email from a person scamming me. It was received in a response to changing my password The email sender was contact@SeniorPeopleMeet. When I tried to reply to find out who sent it the email did not go through

• Gabby78703

guess what? they have probably sold your profile to numerous other dating sites…google your profile name and see if it comes up under any other dating sites. you will then have your work cut out for you!