ThredUP Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Information

Last Updated On: September 5, 2014

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl

Corp Website: thredup.com

ThredUP Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Entire bag worth 50 cents

First things first, I love ThredUp, but their service and timing is awful! Not only does it take 2 weeks just for my order to arrive, but if I’m sending a cleanout bag, it takes longer! I had sent in a clean out bag a few months ago with not much in it and earned less than $5. I don’t own any designer clothes, so $5 seemed reasonable for the clothes I sent in. I had sent in a second bag FILLED with clothes I barely, or never worn.

In the bag were a pair of brand new H&M flats (without tags), 2 winter coats I never wore, and generic shirts I no longer wanted. I was so anxious to see how much this bag would be worth… Turns out the only thing they accepted was the H&M flats… and gave me 50 cents as the upfront payout…. Boy was I pissed off! Yeah, my clothes weren’t worth a great deal, but 50 cents for all the clothes I sent in is such a rip-off!

As soon as I saw the email that told me I had only earned 50 cents, I emailed the company and demanded that I deserve a higher payout, which is the first time I’ve ever had to do something like that… It’s a shame they’re ripping-off all of us, and stealing our “unaccepted” items.

I will not purchase another item from ThredUp until they give me the money I deserve. They’re a waste of my time, and money at this point…

ThredUp – 580 Market St San Francisco, CA 94104

See More ThredUP Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About ThredUP

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

Consumer Comments For ThredUP