ThredUP Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Thredup.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: August 13, 2015

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, California 94104 USA

Corp Phone Number: 617-575-9676
Corp Email: support@thredup.com
Company Contact: James Reinhart - Co-founder & CEO
Corp Website: thredup.com

ThredUP Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Clothing Websites Directory ListingthredUP Inc. ListingResponse From Company

Only care about new customers

This company only cares about new customers. I’ve been a loyal customer and have placed 4 orders since joining in April 2015. I always look for coupon codes when ordering online to make sure I’m getting the best deal possible.

I’ve searched multiple times and ThredUp offers amazing discounts TO NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. I don’t understand how they can treat their loyal customers so badly and blatantly ignore all the money they’ve made off of returning customers. So disrespectful and insulating.

I’ve also posted on their Facebook page letting my dissatisfaction known and quite a few people liked my post. It was completely ignored by the company itself. So obviously they really don’t care.

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

25 Most Recent ThredUP Complaints

Consumer Comments For ThredUP

• Thank you for sharing your complaint. I was about to send in some of my designer purses, so glad I didn’t. I received an email “James” the CEO of the company asking why I have not yet purchased or ordered. It pays to read reviews, do your homework and check these new sites out!

• I’m not a fan of ThredUp. They have lousy customer service, and other issues. However, in your case, Chad, you were trying to teach your children how to make money by selling clothes but ThredUp is the seller, not your children. Have your children sell clothes on consignment, not give clothes to a consignment shop to sell for them. See the difference. As for trust, that’s highly over-rated.

• Chad, thank you for sharing your story. I am sooo sorry for your children! You did everything right and so did they. I was just about to place an order as I have never used this site. Thanks to your review, I never will. How awful.

• I to was just bagging up stuff to send to them and I have now changed my mind.Most of my stuff is new with tags and I’m not willing to lose the cost of those item’s.Why can’t these places be honest.What about twice as nice, has anyone tried them

• What good are you if you have a million rules?