ThredUP Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Thredup.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: December 4, 2014

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, California 94104 USA

Corp Phone Number: 617-575-9676
Corp Email: support@thredup.com
Company Contact: James Reinhart - Co-founder & CEO
Corp Website: thredup.com

ThredUP Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Clothing Websites Directory ListingthredUP Inc. ListingResponse From Company

Double Standards

I had discovered ThredUP through a side ad on another website by clicking on them and seeing the prices of the clothing. Within minutes I had about $30 worth of clothing in my online cart. Awesome deals for someone who works in an auto plant and needs to dress business casual. They sent my order to me in a nice polka-dot box and included a “clean-out” bag. I placed a few more orders for items that had * next to them which meant minor flaws such as fading or a tiny spot. No big deal considering I’d probably get more than that on them when I wear them to work.

So, I got brave and cleaned out my closet. Since I always shop online I’m always buying something that doesn’t fit or just plain doesn’t work for me. Those items usually just hang in my closet and go nowhere for a long time. This time, I had current styles from H&M and Old Navy. I had seen similar if not the same items already listed on ThredUP.

Yep, they told me that my giant over-stuffed bag of never-worn or hardly-worn items were worth “up front” of $1.95.

I sent a complaint directly to them and was told that my items were either “not an accepted brand” or were “not in new condition”.

That was totally incorrect since I had done my research and had actually purchased items from the very same brands.

My most recent order arrived – Loft corduroy jeans, a cotton moto-style sweater and two Old Navy tops. The Old Navy tops were never worn and still in great condition. The corduroys are fine – I’m wearing them right now – however, the sweater had fuzz all over it and pilling. Fuzz balls all over it making it looked “really used”.

I’m considering not buying anything further from them and will go back to buying all of my “work clothes” from eBay or from the actual stores’ sites.

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

10 Most Recent ThredUP Complaints

Consumer Comments For ThredUP

• What good are you if you have a million rules?