ThredUP Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 2, 2015

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, California 94104 USA

Corp Phone Number: 617-575-9676
Corp Email:
Company Contact: James Reinhart - Co-founder & CEO

ThredUP Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Clothing Websites Directory ListingthredUP Inc. ListingResponse From Company

Left to fend for yourself...

Been dealing with them for 6-8 months. I have gotten some real deals and some real crap has been sent. The customer service is great if you are not having a real problem, and when you do have a real issue they do not send you a survey on “how did we do”. First time I had issue. they had raised the return shipping rate but not through out their site and would not respond or honour the old rate. Which really was low class of them and tacky because of how much money I had spent here.

They then started a new program in which you could combine returns… Pay Atttention here…if you combine a site credit return with a credit card return they will put the entire return refund toward site credit…YEP that is how your site credit goes from 200 to 500.

When you complain they tell you they cannot do anything but refund you through paypal. If takes about 3 weeks to get any form of credit, be it site or credit card processed refund and about 10-12 days to receve your goods. They offer no measurements or real descriptions. The tiny flaw can be a hole in the middle of the shirt, that is not a flaw, that should of been a reject.

So, this is a real buyer beware like most consignment but you need to have the money to play with because you will wait forever for that credit…. I do buy and will continue because I have so much site credit with them but they are like my “street rat consignment place”, but they do take shoes back , but not pocketbooks which is understandable. And NO Matter how much you buy they do not send you coupons or offers…greedy rats they are… but I aint looking to marry them just get some deals for my 500 in site credit….

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

25 Most Recent ThredUP Complaints

Consumer Comments For ThredUP

• They paid me $11 for 6 items (avg. little over $2 per item) and are selling them for $66. (Avg $11 per item). Most were new with tags. I feel like this is much too slanted toward their profit. I’d have been better off donating and taking the tax write-off.

• I was going to buy from this site as some of the clothes I like are rather hard to find. After reading the reviews, I think I’ll pass. Always pays to research first and once again this has paid off for me.

• I ordered what looked like a very cute top at a reasonable price. It wasn’t until after I had already paid by Pay Pal that my receipt showed the top to be “slightly flawed). Why didn’t they tell me this in their description of the top. This is deceptive…….

• I just sent in a full bag of designer clothes and so far I am getting $18. For them. This is a big rip off, they didn’t even list but half of my clothes I sent. They was all in perfect condition. Will never do this again….

• Why doesn’t everyone file complaints about this no good company
    with the Better Business Bureau?

• I have been shopping with them about 6-8 months. I read the horror stories so I do not consign with them, I have been mostly very happy with items i have received. My big complaint is their customer service sucks, and having experienced this as a shopper I do not trust them enough to know that if we have a disbute over an item I want to consign that they will be easy to work with, and that is from what I have personally experienced with their return policies, so your up the creek with a broken paddle if theire is an issue..

• Thank you for sharing your complaint. I was about to send in some of my designer purses, so glad I didn’t. I received an email “James” the CEO of the company asking why I have not yet purchased or ordered. It pays to read reviews, do your homework and check these new sites out!

• I’m not a fan of ThredUp. They have lousy customer service, and other issues. However, in your case, Chad, you were trying to teach your children how to make money by selling clothes but ThredUp is the seller, not your children. Have your children sell clothes on consignment, not give clothes to a consignment shop to sell for them. See the difference. As for trust, that’s highly over-rated.

• Chad, thank you for sharing your story. I am sooo sorry for your children! You did everything right and so did they. I was just about to place an order as I have never used this site. Thanks to your review, I never will. How awful.

• I to was just bagging up stuff to send to them and I have now changed my mind.Most of my stuff is new with tags and I’m not willing to lose the cost of those item’s.Why can’t these places be honest.What about twice as nice, has anyone tried them

• I sent them the bag back so full I could barely close it. I sent everything new with tags. One of the items was a skirt priced at 69.95. Draper’s and Damons blouse talbots and JMS and. Rue21 Brand new dress. Christopher Banks too. And the grand total for what I sent was 1.25. Is that a slapin the face or what? I will never go on this site again. Thanks to this experience. Don’t fall for it.

• What good are you if you have a million rules?