ThredUP Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Thredup.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: July 28, 2015

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, California 94104 USA

Corp Phone Number: 617-575-9676
Corp Email: support@thredup.com
Company Contact: James Reinhart - Co-founder & CEO
Corp Website: thredup.com

ThredUP Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Clothing Websites Directory ListingthredUP Inc. ListingResponse From Company

Stay away!

I received a value of $2.42 for my ThredUp bag, which included many Michael Kors, The Limited, Express, Ann Taylor, and Ann Taylor Loft items. I feel like I have been robbed and needless to say, will not be using ThredUp again and will be absolutely sure to very seriously dissuade any friends or family members who consider using the service as well.

It is easy to see how they are able to sell designer clothing at such great prices when their business model is essentially stealing clothing at no cost from those who send clothes in an attempt to sell and then selling for a profit.

Live and learn from our mistakes I suppose, but in the future I will be donating my used clothing to charity.

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

25 Most Recent ThredUP Complaints

Consumer Comments For ThredUP

• Thank you for sharing your complaint. I was about to send in some of my designer purses, so glad I didn’t. I received an email “James” the CEO of the company asking why I have not yet purchased or ordered. It pays to read reviews, do your homework and check these new sites out!

• I’m not a fan of ThredUp. They have lousy customer service, and other issues. However, in your case, Chad, you were trying to teach your children how to make money by selling clothes but ThredUp is the seller, not your children. Have your children sell clothes on consignment, not give clothes to a consignment shop to sell for them. See the difference. As for trust, that’s highly over-rated.

• Chad, thank you for sharing your story. I am sooo sorry for your children! You did everything right and so did they. I was just about to place an order as I have never used this site. Thanks to your review, I never will. How awful.

• I to was just bagging up stuff to send to them and I have now changed my mind.Most of my stuff is new with tags and I’m not willing to lose the cost of those item’s.Why can’t these places be honest.What about twice as nice, has anyone tried them

• What good are you if you have a million rules?