ThredUP Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Thredup.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: January 12, 2016

ThredUP Corporate Contact

Business Name: thredUP Inc.
580 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, California 94104 USA

Corp Phone Number: 617-575-9676
Corp Email: support@thredup.com
Company Contact: James Reinhart - Co-founder & CEO
Corp Website: thredup.com

ThredUP Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest ThredUP Complaint

Is ThredUP a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Clothing Websites Directory ListingthredUP Inc. ListingResponse From Company

Do not send them clothes

I have dealt with them a few times. I would send clothing, they would take what they want, and send what they didn’t want back. I paid to have the items they didn’t keep sent back. Originally it was fairly decent, $5-6. Now they charge $10-11 to send items back.

I can handle this as postage costs continue to rise. However, I have sent them numerous items in perfectly fine condition. In past shipments I earned $3-4 for some items! However, my last shipment they paid me $.80 for perfectly beautiful clothing (some with tags!).

Then they decided not to keep 3 small articles of clothing and sent them back (deducting the $10). So for all the items of clothing I sent, I got to keep a huge $1 and some change! Not to mention, EVERY day since they kept my clothes they sent emails that they have re-sold my clothes already. And when I look at what was in that previous bag, it’s astounding that most of it is SOLD already!

And I can’t imagine the mark up and profit they made. I understand that they are in this to make a profit, and I was happy to receive approximately $40-50 on a bag of clothing I sent them, but this time a whole $1? I will be cancelling my account, unsubscribing from all their emails, and completely done with this company. I can sell my own clothes on ebay and get a much better profit!

SO BEWARE IF YOU SEND THEM ANY OF YOUR USED OR NEW CLOTHING!

Official Responses from ThredUP

By: Alex Schernig On: February 8, 2013

Jacalyn Moehrle was awarded the $10 referral credit she was concerned about on 2/1/2013. This compliant was registered while our team was researching the issue and trying to understand how the credit was applied to the wrong account. We apologize for the delay in issuing the credit. We hope this is a reasonable resolution for Jacalyn and that this closes her issue.

Most Recent ThredUP Complaints

Consumer Comments For ThredUP

• Ordered a pair of BOC boots in the category under women’s shoes and boots, size 9, was sent a child’s size 9 pair of boots. Had i had known this is what i was spending my money on for pair of women’s jeans, and two women’s shirts, plus what i thought was going to be a very nice pair of women’s boots size 9, that my entire order was well over 80.00, that i could not wait to receive as a late Christmas present for myself, i would have never even ordered the boots had i known that this was placed into the wrong category and should have been placed in the kids clothing and shoes category instead of the women’s clothing and shoes/boots category, i would have never even ordered them. Sitting here left shocked and stunned and totally dissatisfied! Buyer Beware, you will not always receive what you think your getting, or even the clothing that you are choosing in a certain category can often times be a child/toddler size instead of a women’s size. There is no real way of ever actually knowing what you are paying for and buying, it is always a great risk. Be careful, money is to hard to come by these days to be spending it on items that you thought you were ordering and come to find out you receive your item in a child/toddler size 9 instead of a women’s size 9. Chalked up as money flushed down the toilet.

• A Coach bag used twice was sent to them. They rejected it and said it would be re-purposed. Extremely disappointed!

• DO NOT SEND THEM NEW OR NICE THNGS! I sent beautiful things, some new or hardly worn and they credited me with 80 cents! I will be entering a formal complaint against them as soon as I decide where it will be most effective.

• They paid me $11 for 6 items (avg. little over $2 per item) and are selling them for $66. (Avg $11 per item). Most were new with tags. I feel like this is much too slanted toward their profit. I’d have been better off donating and taking the tax write-off.

• RIP OFF …RIP OFF…..BE CAREFULL….THEY REALLY ARE FRAUD….I CAN NOT BELIEVE…SEND NEW CLOTHES AND THE JUST KEPT THEM….RIP OFF…..

• I was going to buy from this site as some of the clothes I like are rather hard to find. After reading the reviews, I think I’ll pass. Always pays to research first and once again this has paid off for me.

• I ordered what looked like a very cute top at a reasonable price. It wasn’t until after I had already paid by Pay Pal that my receipt showed the top to be “slightly flawed). Why didn’t they tell me this in their description of the top. This is deceptive…….

• I just sent in a full bag of designer clothes and so far I am getting $18. For them. This is a big rip off, they didn’t even list but half of my clothes I sent. They was all in perfect condition. Will never do this again….

• Why doesn’t everyone file complaints about this no good company
    with the Better Business Bureau?

• They are probably a BBB member and if that’s the case BBB will always side with them NOT you. BBB is as big of a scam as Thredup

• I have been shopping with them about 6-8 months. I read the horror stories so I do not consign with them, I have been mostly very happy with items i have received. My big complaint is their customer service sucks, and having experienced this as a shopper I do not trust them enough to know that if we have a disbute over an item I want to consign that they will be easy to work with, and that is from what I have personally experienced with their return policies, so your up the creek with a broken paddle if theire is an issue..

• Thank you for sharing your complaint. I was about to send in some of my designer purses, so glad I didn’t. I received an email “James” the CEO of the company asking why I have not yet purchased or ordered. It pays to read reviews, do your homework and check these new sites out!

• I’m not a fan of ThredUp. They have lousy customer service, and other issues. However, in your case, Chad, you were trying to teach your children how to make money by selling clothes but ThredUp is the seller, not your children. Have your children sell clothes on consignment, not give clothes to a consignment shop to sell for them. See the difference. As for trust, that’s highly over-rated.

• Chad, thank you for sharing your story. I am sooo sorry for your children! You did everything right and so did they. I was just about to place an order as I have never used this site. Thanks to your review, I never will. How awful.

• I to was just bagging up stuff to send to them and I have now changed my mind.Most of my stuff is new with tags and I’m not willing to lose the cost of those item’s.Why can’t these places be honest.What about twice as nice, has anyone tried them

• I sent them the bag back so full I could barely close it. I sent everything new with tags. One of the items was a skirt priced at 69.95. Draper’s and Damons blouse talbots and JMS and. Rue21 Brand new dress. Christopher Banks too. And the grand total for what I sent was 1.25. Is that a slapin the face or what? I will never go on this site again. Thanks to this experience. Don’t fall for it.

• What good are you if you have a million rules?