JJs House Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.88 of 5
Based On: 8 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About JJs House

Unexpected Customs Tax, Smells Of Fish, Needs Alterations

Do not use this company! Unexpected Customs Tax, smells of fish, need alterations

My two daughters are in the same wedding and ordered bridesmaids dresses per the brides request and all felt the dresses were a “bargain” at $97.49 each. My larger daughter sent her measurements, which upped the price of the one dress ten dollars, bringing the total to $214.97.

I was stunned when the UPS man presented a bill for an additional $41.95 custom tax, and discovered that anything coming into the country over $200 is subject to customs tax if it has not been paid by the shipper. The dress that was ordered with measurements is at least one size to large and the other size 14 is two sizes to small.

They both smell like fish and were jammed into plastic bags. This “bargain” is no bargain since both need professional alterations which will probably cost at least another 100 bucks to rebuild dresses.

Stay away from this China based company!

View Comments View More JJs House Complaints

Is JJs House a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

JJs House Reviews and Complaints

User Thoughts About JJs House

13 thoughts on “JJs House

1. Everybody when you order the clothes, please consider important. All tailor made clothes were come from China. The quality is not good because the image is bad. We did not know the material is come from where?? So when you order, please consider it. I don't Trust China material. When you online to order the tailor made beautiful dress from far away in China. Don't trust. They did not know your correct fix size and all material quality. Made in where.. It was very important. Because the clothes wear on your body.

2. I was so excited and patiently waiting for my dress to arrive. Well my bubble was popped as soon as i opened the package!! The first thing i noticed was a horrible stench!! My dress smelled like fish!! The color was totally off & the sewing was even worse. If I would of known they were based in China i never would of ordered my dress from them. Still waiting for a reply.

3. A BUNCH OF ORANGATANGS COULD'VE DONE BETTER

Don't let the slick, attractive website fool you into purchasing one of their "custom made" garments. I could've done a better job myself and I don't even sew. Their custom made to order feature is a compete joke. My dress arrived jammed in a plastic bag and had some really strange odor. The color was supposed to be Royal Blue but was purple. Ok, I could live with that. But the fabric was cheap-looking and not at all what was pictured. As it hung on the hanger (that I provided) the sides and back seam where the zipper had been put in were puckered. I put it on … OMG! I looked like a huge purple sausage. I had meticulously measured according the their instructions, but the waist was way to small the top/shoulders too large to even stay up, and the dress was too short.

RETURN POLICY????? There is none. Oh, wait, yes there is: You get to "eat" all the money they just stole from you. I truly believe this is a scam to just get money or maybe even your credit card information.

• I had the same experience, waist to small, top way to big. Took to a real tailor and it was so badly made it took an additional $200 to get made properly. However the dress still was not anything I would want to wear. Don't get me wrong my tailor did all she could but the crap they made it with made it impossible to fix. I want these people to get what they deserve.

• Agree stay away from this company JJ's House. Poor Quality!!!!
      Poor Quality Dress & DEFECTIVE A-Line/Princess V-neck Tea-Length Chiffon Tulle Mother of the Bride Dress With Ruffle Beading (008014919). You spend over $20.00 for shipping and cannot return a defective dress & poor quality. There is a 20% refund offer for a local Tailor repair for the defective zipper placement. The zipper is too long at the neckline This was not a Tailored dress. Replacement for a zipper in USA can not be done for $30.00. This is a warning: stay way from this Company!!! My lesson learn is do not order from a Company you do not know and especially from an oversea company..

4. Beware of JJ's Clothing in China or Hong Kong, they are scammers. They have no return policy (even though they say they have), will not give you their address or telephone number.
    Be careful with online shopping which does not have your country code on the website.
    JJ's house takes your money and goes off laughing all the way to the bank.

5. The worst online shopping experience ever. POOR, VERY POOR QUALITY. LIARS. a******s. Customer service do not exist at all. They send us yellow stinky rug instead of wedding dress. Smell of fish. f**k THEM

6. Very expensive mistake also. They don't care about costumers.
    Don't order anything from this site!
    I ordered a tailor made dress. I was contacted by DHL and I had to pay £28 for VAT Import Tax – I didn't know that the company is based in China, otherwise I was not going to buy the dress.
    When the dress arrived it was bigger than I ordered (waist size) and the finishing was gold and very bad quality. I emailed them in the same day when received the dress asking to return it and then my nightmare started. I received more than 15 replies from different people and they want to offer 20% of the dress as return to me to keep it. In the end the offered part of the refund and but advised that the post to send the dress back to them was going to be paid by me. I advised my bank and disputed the value.

7. This has been the most frustrating experience. I had measurements professionally done for a dress. Received it and it was quite off. Currently trying to save it with local seamstress and she has commented it was made a little off, bodice pulling to one side, etc. Should have required a cup size when ordering because bust measurement not enough with stay type bodice. Unable to access any of the links given for concerns/questions regarding. When I had measurements taken, seamstress express skepticism about ordering-I should have listened. I will never do anything like this again and will warn others not to also. Expensive mistake.

8. I bought 2 dresses and one bolero from theme. I must say they sended it very fast. it took 3 days after i got email that my things was on the way. i was so happy and couldnt wait to get theme. when i got theme delivered to my door. and hear that i have to pay tax for those within 10 day. that is 1/3 of the total price with sending. I was so disapointed when i took theme up. The champagne color was beige. The quality not that well and i needed to cut the thread they left. i payed extra for they sew it after my mesurments but it was still to big in my waist and breast. Warning please better to buy in the local shop where you can try it and see the material. I bought more nice dress onec on sale for a cheaper price than on this side.

9. does anyone have a contact telephone no. for ReadMb in Coventry. as I haven't been able to get a response from anywhere for my request for a rteturns form.

10. I read all your policies before ordering 3 red dresses. One was great. One the rose was to big on the breast. The other one did not look like it did on your site. The rosette on one of them was glued on. I received a note from Serena Sun offering 15 percent or another dress in place of two. I have been closed out of your company, can not get thru to any department. Please help this is a lot of money to loose. My email is Fayediddle50@gmail.com. I would appreciate some help. This is upsetting because I trusted this company.