Amerigas

Company Image

Business Information

Last Updated On: July 10, 2014

Amerigas Corporate Contact

Business Name: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
460 N Gulph Rd
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania 19482 USA

Corp Email: hr1@amerigas.com
Company Contact: Jerry E Sheridan - President & CEO
Corp Website: amerigas.com

Amerigas Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Amerigas Complaint

Is Amerigas a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Utilities Directory ListingAmeriGas Propane, Inc. Listing

Bait & Switch

Open Letter to Jerry Sheridan, President and CEO Amerigas,

I’m an 18 year customer formerly serviced by Main Street Gas that was purchased by Northern Energy and now by Amerigas.

I’m on a fixed income and was offered by Amerigas, Placerville, Ca office, a budget plan to normalize my bill over 12 months. I agreed to this bi-lateral contract based on the previous years usage of gas divided by 12 and amounting to payments of $175 a month.

Unilaterally, Amerigas reviewed my usage during the 4 or 5 high-usage winter months and increased my payment to $378 a month. The representative in the local office said the “Small Print” in the contract allowed the company to make this unilateral change. In California unless this “small print” is explained verbally at the time of signing the contract it is considered Bait & Switch and is illegal under the state consumer protection laws. I complained to the local office and the manager was most understanding and is trying to work with me to correct the situation.

If this situation is not corrected to my satisfaction I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the California Consumer Protection Agency. Bait & Switch tactics are no way to treat customers. Amerigas might be the largest provider of propane but they are by no means the only supplier of this product.

Tim Hoel

Consumer Comments For Amerigas

• I paid for propane and am waiting for them to come. I had 10 percent when I ordered and 4 hours later I was empty. I don’t think gage works right. I told them I was out and they said they will get to me sometime. I am at the end of their list today. I have filed a complaint and no one has called me back. Very poor service. Amerigas Fremont Ohio I have purchased 1200 gallons this year, doesn’t matter to them. Should I look forward to doing business with them next year. LOL

Kavanaugh

• Used to have Oxford office take care of us no problem. Gordonville, worst service possible. Took my money over the phone and my bank 2 weeks ago. Still no propane. When you call they will tell you what you want to hear. That "THEY ARE COMING TODAY". Wrong! doesn’t happen. There’s always some excuse when you call back. This is their business. Going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.