YRC Freight Reviews

Yrc.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 13, 2016

YRC Freight Contact Information

Business Name: YRC Worldwide Inc.
10990 Roe Ave

Most Recent YRC Freight Complaints

Is YRC Freight a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Trucking / Transport Directory ListingYRC Worldwide Inc. Listing

YRC FREIGHT - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I purchased an air compressor from Home Depot and paid the extra money to have it delivered to my shop. YRC called to verify my phone number and delivery date, which was a Tuesday. YRC REQUIRED A SIGNATURE which required that I leave work for the afternoon to accept delivery.

However, YRC did not call nor deliver the freight on Tuesday. I had to call Home Depot who then called YRC, which took forever on hold…. YRC claimed that they gave me a WEDNESDAY delivery date. BS. I wrote it down and still have the information for a Tuesday delivery. They stated it was to be delivered on Wednesday.

I again took the afternoon off and waited for their delivery. The driver did call my cell phone twice, in quick succession. I missed the call as I was on another call. The driver left no message.

I actually saw the truck drive by my shop and continue on. No delivery, no other call of messages.

I was pissed. 2 days of waiting.

I own a construction company and have very little time to wait for deliveries (actually, I had no idea I had to sign for the delivery or I would never have agreed to it).

I was on the phone Thursday with Home Depot for more than an hour. YRC agreed to deliver the product again, but they were going to CHARGE ME FOR A REDELIVERY…

I told them that was unacceptable. They were going to drop it off at Home Depot, but still charge me. The only way I was not going to be charged was if I picked it up at their dock (and still have the original delivery charge).

Finally, Home Depot agreed to accept the charges, reverse my original charge and have it delivered to a local Home Depot where I have to arrange for a truck and hoist to pick up.
In conclusion, Home Depot truly tried to help. I was impressed with their customer service.

But, YRC Freight is absolutely no customer friendly and outright lied to me on delivery dates and even stated that it was state law that they had to have a signature on delivery. My background is an attorney and we have several hundred thousand dollars delivered to job sites a month. No signatures.

DO NOT USE YRC FREIGHT.
I have very little time to spend on issues like this. My time is expensive. I hope whoever reads this understands how pissed off I am at YRC Freight. Don’t use them.
Todd

Most Recent Reviews About YRC Freight

Submit a Complaint or Comment For YRC Freight

• Delilah

First time this company has delivered to us. Delivery was quick & the driver brought the box into the house for us. He seemed very kind.
    But… later in the day, it seems maybe he butt dialed our phone and he was talking to someone about his deliveries. He said that our home “Wreaked” of smell.
    with a few more words added in. Enough said though. Not nice driver… not nice.
    Sorry if it offended you! The comments offended me!!

• Michael Anderson

This company ( YRC ) is by far the worst delivery service I ever experienced. They don’t deliver to your door and very nasty when you question them about your delivery. It’s bad enough when you have to pay a delivery company to deliver your shipment and then pay someone else to remove it from there truck. There policy completely says they only do curve delivery. Nasty folks up there, especially when you trying to get better understanding how they operate. Called again and a driver awnser the phone with the worst attitude I ever heard. For a company that supposed to specialize in customer service they are the worst I ever experienced.

• Iluvmytack

YRC is the worst freight/shipping company I have ever had to deal with. They hold shipments until the very last possible moment. they do not try to aspire to higher standards or customer satisfaction. My shipment was held for 4 days in Maybrook NY when it was only just over an hour from its final destination. They would not move the truck because it wasn’t full. My Daughter missed her Birthday gift because of them. Walmart should stop using them as well as every other company that currently uses them.

• David Matalon

As we discussed, please document that the driver of YRC Freight refused to wait for proper inventory and inspection of the Suburban Surgical delivery to Morristown Animal Hospital. He delivered two pallets, and simply wanted us to sign off that there were two pallets there. He did not expect that we would inventory or inspect for product damage, and became hostile when we starting do so. The first pallet was primarily boxes, but the second was a 2,100 pound pallet of dog run doors, shrink wrapped together. We could not tell how many there were or if there was any damage to the product(s). When we were trying to count items, the driver became hostile and called for returning the whole order to the warehouse. He was also threatening to start charging Morristown Animal Hospital additional fees by minute for wait-time.

Please note – the original date to receive this delivery was supposed to be 4/26, due to YRC’s error, they could not be delivered and were postponed until today.

• L. Rivera

I just received a delivery from YRC, the driver said ” We only deliver your shipment to the curb” & left my package at the curb. I called customer service to complain & was again told we only deliver to the curb. I work in a manufacturing business and have done business with Roadway/YRC for many years. I will NEVER use them again!!

• Tara

Don’t expect any service from their customer service. I was told my freight was out for delivery and I have to pay guys to be here to unload it. After being given a window of 2 – 4pm, I called at 4:05 and was told the driver was 5 – 10 minutes out. At 4:45 I called again, and we told the driver wasn’t coming today. After raising hell with dispatch I was told the driver was old and would need us to pull freight from the nose of the truck (past all of the other freight he just picked up) and off-load. The driver took another 45 minutes to arrive. YRC customer service doesn’t care one bit. The freight arrived and nothing else is their fault. They lied to me not once but 4 times and then was just going to call it a day because the driver was old? WTF? Why is there no integrity in the freight industry? YRC isn’t worth dealing with.

• Jeff

I ordered a 13.4 feet kayak it was supposed to be in on the 24th of July, then I found out it was going to come in on the 27th of July it did not make it in on the 27th I was then told it was going to come in on the 29th of July which it did not make it on the 29th. On the 30th I was told that they had lost it how do you lose a 13.4 kayak you don’t lose that somebody has to take something that big YRC tells me it’s not their problem they can’t do anything about it this happened to be a gift for my daughter’s birthday it was special built and took 21 days to get built and shipped these are the worst crooks you could ever try to deal with I would not recommend them to ship a box of cracker jack

• Ed

I ordered a 2 section PVC gate (4′ X 6′) that was shipped from the Wholesale Fence Co. in NY to Orlando, FL. When they delivered it, I noticed it had use “extended forks” stickers all over the shrink wrap in orange labels. When they delivered it off the truck they used a hand fork lift, but not with extended forks. The lift gate on the truck had a downward angle and as soon as they put the weight (250 pounds) on it, it slid off the lift gate and hit the ground hard on a corner of the packaging. There was no way I could inspect it for damage at that time because it was packaged so well, I had a carpenter unpack it a few days later and he discovered it had been damaged right on the corner that hit the ground. I filled a claim with YRC and they said it was my fault because I did not annotate on the “delivery receipt” possible damage. I am not used to getting a large package like that and had no experience writing on the delivery receipt “possible damage”. So they STIFFED me for the “re-order” that I paid $683.00 for. End of story, use them at risk, or never use them in the first place

• Vegman

Quoted me $342 for a pick up of two pallets of plastic trays. Then they billed my customer $1397.56 for the same pick up. Even after giving them their quote number, and confirmation number several times, they are still hassling us for more money. Billed us $742.16 (including a charge of $27.50 to change the billing :)) This company is a nightmare, stay away from them at all costs. I just sent a note to the CEO, James Welch, telling him a stint on undercover boss might be helpful.

• ItsNotRocketScience

If the other customer was the payer, the rate quoted to you wouldn’t apply because your quote would be rated with your pricing. If the other customer was payer, they would have needed to obtain a quote with their own pricing so they would know what it would cost.

• SPIKE HURRICANE

YRC charged me 220.00 to ship a bumper from TN to NE. ABF quoted me 77.52 for the same weight same dimensions.same shipping class c175 Called YRC they said pay up sucka. Next time I will tell the shipper to use ABF Another lesson learned the hard way.

• Deb

I ordered an item from Fingerhut and received a confirmation call from YRC on the date it was to be delivered. I specified the time that I had to have it delivered – between 8 – 2. By 2:45 my item still had not been delivered so I called YRC only to be told that my item was not on the truck and could not be located. The rep from YRC informed me that it could take between 5 -10 days to locate it and they would call me and deliver it and leave it at my house. I ordered a sofa. What type of service is this? And to "offer" to leave it outside my house is the biggest joke. I am currently in dispute with YRC over the freight charge of $115.00 as I had to miss another day of work when they did "finally" find my sofa and deliver it.

• ItsNotRocketScience

YRC isn’t a residential delivery company, so home deliveries aren’t the norm for them. Next time you buy furniture, ask for a carrier that specializes in home deliveries.

• Dongxia

Terrible company and terrible service!!! We shipped an instrument from California to Maryland. It seems they got our instrument lost. They even do not help us check if where they put the instrument. The customer service is just a joke!

• Niki

I am still waiting for a TV I ordered almost a month ago, ordered on 12-3-13 and YRC got it on 12-8-13, It’s coming from Dallas, TX to Colorado Springs, CO. Was a Christmas gift but here we are 2 days after Christmas and now I can’t get a straight tracking date or time of delivery and it says delievery date is 12-17-13 or 12-19-13 well no that’s not true! I would never ship with them or recommend them for a thing!

• C—

This company is the worst…. i have tried to have equipment shipped and the set for confirmed date of Friday. Here it is Monday and they said they were not able to make the pick-up because they had a roll-up trailer bed and not a hinge door end loader…. ARE YOU SERIOUS… these guys are a joke !

• Bill

We shipped a brand new high end wall oven with YRC, they destroyed it and now they wont pay to replace it. At the time of shipping we were told that it was insured for 3 times what it was worth. Terrible company, will never do business with them again

• BILL KAY

WE SHIPPED A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT FROM OHIO TO CALIFORNIA, WE WEIGHED IT HERE AT THE FACTORY… 1880 lbs SOMEHOW YRC WEIGHED AGAIN AND BECAME 500 lbs HEAVIER SO THE CHARGED US AN EXTRA $1000… POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE WE WILL NEVER USE YRC AGAIN.

• Patrick

I bought a new shredder from Home Depot. Home Depot hired YRC Trucking to deliver that shredder to my home. YRC trucking refused to deliver the shredder to my home. They wanted to charge an extra $150.00 for a lift gate truck. When I asked that they off load the shredder into my pickup they refused. Do not use YRC Trucking. They don’t deliver, they want to charge for storage, they are a rip off.

• ItsNotRocketScience

Liftgate service does cost money. It’s a shame Home Depot didn’t advise you of this when making delivery arrangements, since it is something they are extremely familiar with. Drivers aren’t able to offload trailers as it is a liability issue, which is also something Home Depot is aware of.