YRC Freight Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Profile

YRC Freight Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: YRC Worldwide Inc.
Category: Trucking / Transport

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About YRC Freight

YRC Freight Refused to deliver

I ordered a few things from Fingerhut, including 2 recliner chairs. Once they made it to Belpre Ohio, the terminal called and asked me to pick my items up. I said I can’t, they wont fit in my car.

The dispatcher Jon, said he could make them fit. I said, I seriously doubt you could, besides, I wont have my car until after 8pm, which he said was too late. He said either I pick them up, or have someone else pick them up or they would send them back because he wasn’t sending a 28 foot truck on my street.

I could understand if I lived in a tree, or something, but I live on a very wide street that is by our city park. He told me he wasn’t familiar with the street, but it probably would not be safe.

So he put refused on the shipment and is sending it back.

If you ever want to feel like a number, and have the attitude displayed that the company doesn’t care, there’s other customers, then ship your items with YRC Freight.

User Thoughts About YRC Freight

• Deb

I ordered an item from Fingerhut and received a confirmation call from YRC on the date it was to be delivered. I specified the time that I had to have it delivered – between 8 – 2. By 2:45 my item still had not been delivered so I called YRC only to be told that my item was not on the truck and could not be located. The rep from YRC informed me that it could take between 5 -10 days to locate it and they would call me and deliver it and leave it at my house. I ordered a sofa. What type of service is this? And to "offer" to leave it outside my house is the biggest joke. I am currently in dispute with YRC over the freight charge of $115.00 as I had to miss another day of work when they did "finally" find my sofa and deliver it.

• Dongxia

Terrible company and terrible service!!! We shipped an instrument from California to Maryland. It seems they got our instrument lost. They even do not help us check if where they put the instrument. The customer service is just a joke!

• Niki

I am still waiting for a TV I ordered almost a month ago, ordered on 12-3-13 and YRC got it on 12-8-13, It's coming from Dallas, TX to Colorado Springs, CO. Was a Christmas gift but here we are 2 days after Christmas and now I can't get a straight tracking date or time of delivery and it says delievery date is 12-17-13 or 12-19-13 well no that's not true! I would never ship with them or recommend them for a thing!

• C—

This company is the worst…. i have tried to have equipment shipped and the set for confirmed date of Friday. Here it is Monday and they said they were not able to make the pick-up because they had a roll-up trailer bed and not a hinge door end loader…. ARE YOU SERIOUS… these guys are a joke !

• Bill

We shipped a brand new high end wall oven with YRC, they destroyed it and now they wont pay to replace it. At the time of shipping we were told that it was insured for 3 times what it was worth. Terrible company, will never do business with them again

• BILL KAY

WE SHIPPED A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT FROM OHIO TO CALIFORNIA, WE WEIGHED IT HERE AT THE FACTORY… 1880 lbs SOMEHOW YRC WEIGHED AGAIN AND BECAME 500 lbs HEAVIER SO THE CHARGED US AN EXTRA $1000… POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE WE WILL NEVER USE YRC AGAIN.

• Patrick

I bought a new shredder from Home Depot. Home Depot hired YRC Trucking to deliver that shredder to my home. YRC trucking refused to deliver the shredder to my home. They wanted to charge an extra $150.00 for a lift gate truck. When I asked that they off load the shredder into my pickup they refused. Do not use YRC Trucking. They don't deliver, they want to charge for storage, they are a rip off.