YRC Freight Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Yrc.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: May 8, 2015

YRC Freight Corporate Contact

Business Name: YRC Worldwide Inc.
10990 Roe Ave
Overland Park, Kansas 66211 USA

Corp Phone Number: 913-696-6100
Corp Email: webyrc@yrcfreight.com
Corp Website: yrc.com

YRC Freight Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest YRC Freight Complaint

Is YRC Freight a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Trucking / Transport Directory ListingYRC Worldwide Inc. Listing

Worst freight company especially for Trade Show Guarantee

YRC is the designated shipper to take our merchandise from show to trade show. i paid for a Guaranteed Shipment to go from Denver WESA to PA. My merchandise did not arrive in time for the show….I lost thousands of dollars as I was not able to show my merchandise.

THEN, they sent me a bill for an inflated amount. They falsified documents that showed my shipment was not Guaranteed, They then had their attorney enforce this inflated payment of merchandise that was not received on time. Even when I proved the shipment was guaranteed, showing them my quote from their company, they had the attorney force it anyway. I was forced to pay, or go to court.

As a small, new company I had to take the lesser and pay, which would have only been more in court costs and attorney fees.

Do NOT use them! I tried to resolve this for a year and each time I would call back , my rep or contact person , they were no longer employed there.

YRC Freight – 10990 Roe Ave Overland Park Kansas 66211 | 913-696-6100

25 Most Recent YRC Freight Complaints

Consumer Comments For YRC Freight

• I ordered a 2 section PVC gate (4′ X 6′) that was shipped from the Wholesale Fence Co. in NY to Orlando, FL. When they delivered it, I noticed it had use “extended forks” stickers all over the shrink wrap in orange labels. When they delivered it off the truck they used a hand fork lift, but not with extended forks. The lift gate on the truck had a downward angle and as soon as they put the weight (250 pounds) on it, it slid off the lift gate and hit the ground hard on a corner of the packaging. There was no way I could inspect it for damage at that time because it was packaged so well, I had a carpenter unpack it a few days later and he discovered it had been damaged right on the corner that hit the ground. I filled a claim with YRC and they said it was my fault because I did not annotate on the “delivery receipt” possible damage. I am not used to getting a large package like that and had no experience writing on the delivery receipt “possible damage”. So they STIFFED me for the “re-order” that I paid $683.00 for. End of story, use them at risk, or never use them in the first place

• Quoted me $342 for a pick up of two pallets of plastic trays. Then they billed my customer $1397.56 for the same pick up. Even after giving them their quote number, and confirmation number several times, they are still hassling us for more money. Billed us $742.16 (including a charge of $27.50 to change the billing :)) This company is a nightmare, stay away from them at all costs. I just sent a note to the CEO, James Welch, telling him a stint on undercover boss might be helpful.

• YRC charged me 220.00 to ship a bumper from TN to NE. ABF quoted me 77.52 for the same weight same dimensions.same shipping class c175 Called YRC they said pay up sucka. Next time I will tell the shipper to use ABF Another lesson learned the hard way.

• I ordered an item from Fingerhut and received a confirmation call from YRC on the date it was to be delivered. I specified the time that I had to have it delivered – between 8 – 2. By 2:45 my item still had not been delivered so I called YRC only to be told that my item was not on the truck and could not be located. The rep from YRC informed me that it could take between 5 -10 days to locate it and they would call me and deliver it and leave it at my house. I ordered a sofa. What type of service is this? And to "offer" to leave it outside my house is the biggest joke. I am currently in dispute with YRC over the freight charge of $115.00 as I had to miss another day of work when they did "finally" find my sofa and deliver it.

• Terrible company and terrible service!!! We shipped an instrument from California to Maryland. It seems they got our instrument lost. They even do not help us check if where they put the instrument. The customer service is just a joke!

• I am still waiting for a TV I ordered almost a month ago, ordered on 12-3-13 and YRC got it on 12-8-13, It’s coming from Dallas, TX to Colorado Springs, CO. Was a Christmas gift but here we are 2 days after Christmas and now I can’t get a straight tracking date or time of delivery and it says delievery date is 12-17-13 or 12-19-13 well no that’s not true! I would never ship with them or recommend them for a thing!

• This company is the worst…. i have tried to have equipment shipped and the set for confirmed date of Friday. Here it is Monday and they said they were not able to make the pick-up because they had a roll-up trailer bed and not a hinge door end loader…. ARE YOU SERIOUS… these guys are a joke !

• We shipped a brand new high end wall oven with YRC, they destroyed it and now they wont pay to replace it. At the time of shipping we were told that it was insured for 3 times what it was worth. Terrible company, will never do business with them again

• WE SHIPPED A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT FROM OHIO TO CALIFORNIA, WE WEIGHED IT HERE AT THE FACTORY… 1880 lbs SOMEHOW YRC WEIGHED AGAIN AND BECAME 500 lbs HEAVIER SO THE CHARGED US AN EXTRA $1000… POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE WE WILL NEVER USE YRC AGAIN.

• I bought a new shredder from Home Depot. Home Depot hired YRC Trucking to deliver that shredder to my home. YRC trucking refused to deliver the shredder to my home. They wanted to charge an extra $150.00 for a lift gate truck. When I asked that they off load the shredder into my pickup they refused. Do not use YRC Trucking. They don’t deliver, they want to charge for storage, they are a rip off.