Club Wyndham Vacation Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Stephen P Holmes - CEO Chairman
Corp Website: wyndhamvacationresorts.com

Club Wyndham Vacation Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Club Wyndham Vacation Complaint

Is Club Wyndham Vacation a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Timeshares Directory ListingWyndham Worldwide Listing

Vacation Ownership Beware

Club Wyndham Vacation Ownership BEWARE. We just bought in March, 2014 at Cypress Palms in Orlando, FL area.  In trying to follow the contract and transfer points from RCI to Wyndham, we have learned that we were defrauded. Our contract says we can trade our 74,000 RCI points for 154,00 points in Wyndham system in addition to trading another RCI week we own for 154,000 Wyndham.

Our contract says we will have 518,000 points when we transfer these over (plus 105,000 points for the week we bought at Cypress Palms plus 105,000 bonus points. In addition, we were told that the points would carry the same weight. They do not. A week in RCI costs 42,500 plus the $159 booking fee. The same week costs 77000 points if booked through Wyndham plus $219 booking fee when we were told there was no booking fee. It is all lies that they tell when they are selling. I also learned that the manager who closed our contract put notes in the file that we did not receive a copy of (basically CYA on her part but leaving us out in the cold).

This is wrong on so many levels.

Consumer Comments For Club Wyndham Vacation

• My husband and I just went through a Wyndham timeshare presentation and all the things they said were wrong. Since we know what timeshares are about and weren’t interested in buying, they couldn’t crack us. One of the presenters tried to jerk at our heartstrings by saying that he recently lost his little 2 year old nephew and he wished he had spent more time with him. And a Wyndham timeshare would have helped with that? Outrageous. If you want to know more about how this works, look into how a sale is structured. They ask you what your “needs” are. They show you haw what they have meets this need. They’ll tell you they can give you a special that day only (don’t believe it.) They give you the value, and then, after repeatedly asking if you could see yourself using that presidential suite they just showed you (which takes more points than you can imagine and are buying) then they spring you with the price. The salesperson then brings in a manager to tell you about the price. Do not show any interest – even if they say, what if I could drop it to half that. the key phrase is “what if.” Listen carefully. “What if I could” means they can’t do it. Show no interest even if they say something drastic. If it starts with a “what if” it’s a fantasy. And the outrageous price of their vacation homes? Like “ownership” makes it all better? Come on. Don’t believe it. Oh. hotels are so expensive! All you get is a
    receipt. Here you get ownership! What a crock! Timeshares are great – for them. They get your money up front. They get to invest it. And they earn the interest on it. After the upfront cost, then you have to pay maintenance fees of 900 (or more) FOR LIFE! That’s what “ownership” gets you. You would be better off saving your money, earning some
    interest on it, and then spending it when YOU want. Look at the fine print. You own almost nothing. You can will your $900 per year in maintenance fees to your heirs. LUCKY THEM! I hope that gives you the motivation to not buy. We walked out of our Wyndham timeshare presentation with a $200 gift card. Woohoo! But then again, we’re both really cynical people who aren’t easily pressured into ANYTHING. At one point the salesperson said about our not taking more vacations, “Are you making excuses?” I said, “Excuses are for people who feel guilty. I don’t feel the least bit guilty.” Left her a bit speechless for a few minutes. My parents have a timeshare, so I sat through presentations with them and observed what was going on without being pressured because I was kid and also worked in sales for a time. My parents are as obstinate as my husband and I are. I also fell for a few bad sales in my life and learned from that. I hope this helps you. But, hey, if you have the disposable income and you think “ownership” somehow helps you justify your vacation expenses, then go with a company that doesn’t kill you with exchange fees. And no, they won’t give you enough time to look at all of the exchange fees and what your points actually get you. The time to do that is BEFORE you sign. Once you sign a contract, contract law applies and you will have a hard time getting out of the contract. Most people don’t know what contract law is. If you have misgivings, you need to put your cancellation in writing, make yourself a copy, walk it over to the office and make it stick by getting the name of the person you gave the cancellation to. Then write a formal letter with proof of mailing to the main headquarters stating that you wrote a letter to cancel, the the date you signed the contract, the date you cancelled it, who you talked to, and that it had better stick or you will be seeking legal representation. Don’t whine, get educated.

• Their sales people are very nice and promise to help when you need them. Then as soon as the three-day period is up to return
    the product, you never hear from them again and you’re never able to reach them. You’re promised updates within a certain time
    period on reservations but have to play tricks to get them; you’re promised housekeeping services that they don’t entertain when asked, and numerous other services that are only scams to get you to purchase.

Maria

• Wyndham resorts are absolutely beautiful and modern; however, the company does not have the best reputation regarding timeshares, which is not surprising being that they have an F rating on the BBB. Most complaints are about the deceitful business practices and insulting behavior on the part of Wyndham timeshare salespeople. According to the BBB, they have a total of 1475 complaints:

1040 about the sales practices
    128 about collection issues
    3 about delivery issues
    304 about problems with the product/service http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/149-wyndham-tim

• Felicia, you are one of the lucky few that cancelled in time. I was also lucky enough to cancel the next day whilst on holidays in Hawaii. You are right when you point out that you should NEVER, EVER sign such a document when away on holidays.
    Your guard is down and the environment is so relaxed that you are not thinking straight. Anyway alls well that ends well.

Allan