TLC Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Tlc.discovery.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: August 21, 2014

TLC Corporate Contact

Business Name: Discovery Communications, LLC.
Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Company Contact: David M. Zaslav - President & CEO
Corp Website: tlc.discovery.com

TLC Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest TLC Complaint

Is TLC a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: TV Shows / Networks Directory ListingDiscovery Communications, LLC. Listing

Honey Boo Boo needs to go!

I have tried to watch Honey Boo Boo several times. Each time I try to watch I totally get sick of the disgust of the people and the language they use. I can only stomach no more than 10 minutes.

I love to watch TLC every night, and look forward to shows like The Little Couple, 19 Kids and Counting, Cake Boss, Say Yes to the Dress.

Tonight I thought I would watch Honey Boo Boo because they were having a wedding, and I like to watch weddings. They had a party playing with vibrators which was in bad test. I don’t have children at home but what if I had a small child watching this show tonight. I don’t think it is very entertaining to discuss peeing in your pants. I quickly turned the station.

I’m not a person to voice my opinion like this but if I don’t say my thoughts and others don’t either TLC might think we are enjoying this program. I have lived in the south but this is stupidity. I have been a fan of TLC for years but I refuse to waste my time on this vulgar show.

Please help and get this show off the air.

Search For More TLC ComplaintsFile a Complaint About TLC

10 Most Recent TLC Complaints

Consumer Comments For TLC

• We are officially done with TLC in our home as of today. We used to enjoy this network, but it has become so crude and rude: Sex Sent me to the ER. REALLY? What kind of programming are you running? This is for the brain dead, sadly. We used to enjoy the Cake Boss, and Dress for Success. But, TLC- is not allowed on- in our home due to the graphic nature of most of your silly shows that bring nothing to improve our minds- well, nothing but crude, rude and unbelievable stupid programs.

• My family including my 11 year old daughter love many TLC shows. We love to follow the lives of courageous and admirable folks like the Duggars and the little couple and thecaske boss family and Tanked. But we are uncomfortable and annoyed when we have to see the adds for shows a out polygamy and other crude and illegal behavior. Worse they are not simple adds. The adds themselves contain content that is not something I
    want my daughter to see and hear.TLC seems pretty conflicted about what kind of channel it wants to be; sensationalist and sleazy vs. Uplifting and educational. Couldn’t adds for nasty stuff be shown later at night?

• The background music is SOOOO LOUD on the shows that I can barely make out what’s being said!!!! Frustrating!

• This channel is outrageously low class!! What’s the new crap? Sex sent me to the ER?? Looks like a lower budget soap opera with bad actors…isn’t there enough sexual content on all the other channels?? And sister wives? Who wants to see a wannabe Don Won talk about his "love" about these crazy women. My 10 year old always asks why things on tv are always about "romance" and acting out of control…not much tv is watched in our home needless to day

• Dear Sirs,

TLC is such a beloved and respected channel. If you are going to air a show such as the 90 Day Fiance and you are going to bring some one from Colombia please do your research properly, not all Colombians are the same, nor do we all come from the same places in the country. It is not like in America. And that is the mistake with all due respect that you, we Americans make when we go to Colombia or any other country for that matter, we think it’s like in America, well it’s NOT. There’s a thing called stratification and it is very well marked in our countries, stratification 4, is so, so and number 5 and 6 being high class, because in Colombia there is no middle class, the cities are divided from north to south, one side being better depending on the city.

Thus, as our family awaits Russ’ reunion with his young lady and the fact that she is Colombian, we are eager to see who would be representing our country only to realize that TLC has but allowed this young woman to be the Colombian epitome to the American nation. I speak for on behalf of my family, and probably most Colombians, and most Colombian Americans like myself this is not the epitome of a Colombian woman. And just take a moment and compare her to the rest of the normal girls on the show.

And for what it’s worth consider the fact, that Medellin has become big on Narc-tourism and so has Cartagena.

• I love the TLC Channel, but I must say that Sister Wives and Honey BooBoo are the WORST of the worst! What crap on TV! The lowest of the low! I tried to give HBB a chance and watch it and almost threw up! I cannot believe you have those shows on your channel. lets get back to some really good shows, and get rid of the crap! These 2 have to go!

• Please cancel the following programs: "Honey Boo Boo", "Sister Wives" and all the other stupid shows. Let’s get back to
    "learning" which obviously has been absent from your programming.

• Cake Boss. He makes some nice cakes, but he relies too much on cereal and wood forms, and just isn’t of the caliber of your other bakers. Fondant over wood …..shudder! Worse, his personality is unappealing, and the antics idiotic. You have some very good baker shows. They are able to focus on design and workmanship. This is not one.

• So "Sister Wives" are back on. Thought we were rid of them. Why aren’t they arrested for breaking American laws against polygamy? MANY polygamous couples have multiple women and children living on welfare, and the women work. They might as well be single and just sleep with a guy. Which is what they’re doing. A guy’s dream…sleep with several women, and women who allow it, calling themselves married. Lucky for them, they have TLC money to support them. I don’t know how the guy makes a living, as I shun the stupid show, but in many multiple "marriages", welfare and the women working support them. Some women are that desperate for a man. I am not that desperate for a show to watch!

• Our family is mortified to imagine that this Honey Boo Boo show is even allowed on TLC. The show glorifies being over weight, and eating habits, it features slang, swear words and inappropriate, rude behaviors,poor grammar, this channel will not be allowed in our home or the home of our grandchildren. WE are so disappointed that a show like this, is even on television, embarrassing Americans!!

• We shot an inspiring episode of "Extreme Cheapskates" with Bennett to show viewers how to live in luxury for less. Because of the funny n high brow conent, it may not air. Please TLC to air a funny quality show. Fax (240) 662-1868 1 Discovery Place Silver Springs MD 20910
      Attn John Hendricks

• I DIRENT KNOW I WAS PREGNAT I WAS APORATE 9 YEAR AGO FOR NOT HAVING BB MY TUBES WAS TIDE END BURN 9YEAR AGO IN P.R. BUT THE TIME I WAS 19 YEAR OLD I HAD A FILING I WAS I WAS EATING TMUCH MY PIRIET COME END GO I HAD PIRIED LIKE IN 1 ST OF THE MONTH END THEN I DIDNT HAD IT UNTIL 2 MONTH THEN I HAD IT TREE DROP PIRIED THEN LEFT MY PIRIED WAS DROPING BUT A LITTLE BIT .I WENT T THE HOSPITAL T MAKE ME A TEST IT WAS NEGATIVE THEN I TRY AGAIN 2 MTH IT WAS NEGITIVE .SO I DISIET T FORGET ABT IT .A MONTHS AGO I WAS SLEEPING T MUCH EATING I WAS VERY ROMATIC END TENDER I WHENT T THE RIVER T HAVE FUN WITH MY KIDS .I SIT DOWN IN A ROCK I START T FILL BIG KICKS I SAID MAIBE ITS GAS THEN FEW MINS. I START T FILL SOMETHING IN MY STOMIC ITS FAST LIKE A SNAKE I SAID HOLY CRAP THERE SOMETHING IN MY STOMIC I WENT T HOSPITAL IT CAME OUT TEST NEGATIVE I WAS SCARED .SO MY DAUTHER WAS WITH STOMIC CRAMP ALSO I WENT T THE HOSPITAL AND THEY GAVE ME AN ULTRASOUND

• We tried to watch one of our favorite shows tonight…. "Little Couple".

But we couldn’t enjoy the t.v. show, because of the "count down timer", perched in the upper right hand corner, covering a good portion of the t.v. screen through the entire show! It was counting down the hours (over 22 of them by the way)…for that horrid t.v. show Honey Boo Boo.

It’s bad enough that we pay as much as we do to watch television, and aside from the fact that you even have a t.v. show about a family like that…well, that is just a plain embarrassment in and of itself.

BUT then you have to go and ruin it for others who are trying to watch a true family values show…with that huge countdown clock…blocking parts in the show we were watching. Not to mention…you already have a large advertisement at the bottom right corner…blocking the view… last but not least…..what you had stuck up in the upper left corner. It’s all a bit much don’t you think!?????
    Tonight’s countdown clock, was the worst. It’s a total distraction!!!
    And all for who???? Honey Boo Boo???!!!
    How many more advertisements are you going to try and get away with like that? What’s next? Half the screen? The middle of the screen???
    Honestly it wouldn’t matter who the advertisements were about. They are becoming a pain in the a**. Get a grip and tone it down…would you pleeease?!

• What the "F" is wrong with this network and the people who watch it? This stupid white trash "Honey Boo Boo" show is on tonight for FIVE AND A HALF HOURS!- I will NEVER watch this network again.

• Just saw that this is the last season that the show What Not To Wear will be aired. I had just about quit watching TlC so I guess this is just the last. I simply will not watch the trash that you show. It is degrading to us, the people you expect to watch it. Some of the other channels have some terrible ones too but you are filling up your line up, leaving very little choice. And to those who say turn it off , what do we pay for? I truly hope your ratings will go down enough it will cause you to rethink your programming . I feel like I have lost a friend.

• Whoever decides what programs are aired on TLC really is missing the boat. Honey Boo Boo has to be the worse show on TV currently airing. Quality TV is going down real quick. I for now will not watch TLC until they dumpt the reality shows. Reality my ****, it’s just real poor acting.

• i agree with most of the comments above, honey booboo make me sick to even hear the name.i will watch something else and i pay good money for tlc you can’t learn anything from shows like this i won’t let my watch thes disgusting shows making those kid dress up like hookers my kids have more manners tham all of them put together.the tlc channel was a good station to watch not now they shouw everything over and over i din’t want to watch the same thing over and over.honey booboo is fat spoiled brat no manners none of them know what manners are tlc should be ashame of what they are showing or they just care

• I used to watch your station and like the wedding shows but lately it has been terrible! who cares about the worst tattoo or obsessions etc!! There are more terrible shows vs good and they go on for hours!!What happened to Cake Boss and better shows like that!! I don’t watch TLC anymore !!

• Yes I can turn off the programming but what about young minds who think that this is the way people do and should act –is disgusting and people are making good money off of peoples immaturity, ignorance and/or stupidity. Little minds and no talent are making these type shows.
    People of the learning channel — grow up and find real talent and people with actually working brains.

• Honey boo boo is the worst show ever. Here we are glorifying trashy, nasty, disgusting people. Really? This was the first time ive ever watched it and i will never watch it again. I cant believe TLC is putting trash like this family and show on. Really paints a positive light for others to follow and makes us as a society look like a bunch of retards to other countries…take this crap off TV.

• Yes I can turn off the programming but what about young minds who think that this is the way people do and should act –is disgusting and people are making good money off of peoples immaturity, ignorance and/or stupidity. These shows also represents the lack of talent but maybe because our society is dumbing down. yeah your the learning channel–grow up and be responsible if you can which I doubt

• The Learning Channel? Not any longer.

• Honey booboo is a waste of tv time stupid show & will not watch it until this show is gone

• loretta, calling people "rednecks" is also racist, just don’t watch this show.

• I actually love honey boo boo she shows she can be herself and she’s just Down right funny people can have different opinions you don’t like it don watch it but I love it

• why did you take "here comes honey booboo" off the air?!?! that was my favorite show, and there was nothing wrong with it, so put it back on please.

• I happen to watch your show All Americam Muslim.

I feel sorry for the white guy who wished to become a muslim.He will never belong to them and they will never belong to him. Muslim should be belong to themsalves ONLY.

• Um, here’s a concept – just don’t watch the programming. You guys are so upset at them so the best thing to do is

1) Take Anger Management classes

2) Stop watching their programming

I don’t care for their shows either, but this is America – they have the right to show whatever they want, no matter how dumb you might think it is. If they think it makes money, they’ll keep showing it. So just don’t watch it.

The comments a lot of these people left prove that TLC does know its audience – try SpellCheck!

Also, I believe Swamp People is shown on A&E, so maybe check your facts before you barrel into an argument.

This site is for complaints about companies – not for a bunch of halfwits to argue about programming.

• "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is the dumbest F’n show ever. Worse than l

"Love and hip hop"! Which is pretty hard to top. Do the world a favor and have the producer of that show and it backers commit Japanese ritual suicide please.

You’ll be doing humanity a favor by eliminating anybody who thinks that show is funny from the genepool.

• Honey boo boo? Really ?!!!!!!!!Are you kidding me? How can u call yourself the learning channel and have these inbred rednecks on your channel. This has to be the most insulting show on the air. It’s this white trash that are sucking the debt program dry and obviously your coffers too. Another dumbing down of America thanks to tour so called learning channel. You people drank the Obama koolade too. Wake up .

• TLC has cashed out to join the ranks of FOX, E! and BRAVO with all of this reality garbage. Why are you playing follow-the-crowd? You are called "THE LEARNING CHANNEL"–teach us something useful.

• I am offended by the TLC show of "Here comes Honey Boo Boo". This discussing show is offensive to all little girls who work hard to perform and win money for college. this family portrayed is a poor exmaple for the American family . They are a poor example and I believe even harmful to their own childrn. I am sure are there other subjects that can be put on TLC . Please Remove this show as soon as possible.

• Don’t forget mommy promotes "farts" and on tv?

• I am offended by the upcoming TLC show "Abby and Brittany." I personally can’t stand watching the previews and I watch TLC a lot. But shows like this to exploit a sad medical phenomenon is disgusting and offensive. Please take this show off the air.

• I have not seen cable tv for a couple years. I have cable now and two of my favorite channels, TLC and the History Channel have changed their format to what I can simply describe as utter tripe! Reasonably intelligent programs have been swapped out for some of the most egregious content I could imagine. I truly am saddened by what has transpired in just a couple short years to what once was worthwhile television.

• TLC used to have worthwhile programs but in the last few years it’s gone downhill. Who seriously wants to see toddlers dressed up & compete with other 3 year olds as to who’s the prettiest. Children have big enough self-esteem issues & tv shows like Toddlers & Tiaras just add to the problem. It’s terrible watching kids having to be made up into barbies because their overweight parents want to relive their dreams of feeling beautiful & make up for their self-esteem. I’m disgusted with what tv has now become..from watching redneck swamp people to another reality show about some spoiled brat named Honey & her family. I can’t believe a show like that would be approved. Wow TLC you must be close to being bankrupt hahaha!