Jim Bakker Show Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

$50.00

Average Reported Loss Per Consumer:
$50.00

Consumer Ratings Data

There Are Currently No Ratings.
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Complaint About Jim Bakker Show

Is televangelist Jim Bakker at it again?

Televangelists Jim Bakker constantly talks on his TV ministry program ( The Jim Bakker Show at Studio City Cafe in Branson, Missouri) about the coming apocalypse as described in the Bible’s book of Revelation. In a seemingly caring way, he offers to provide, for a price, prepackaged boxes of food intended to sustain a person or family’s food needs during the coming apocalypse for up to a year or more. While the coming apocalypse as described in the book of Revelation may be real enough, the food sold by the The Jim Bakker Show for our sustenance (survival) may NOT be. So, I decided to purchase survival food from the Jim Baker’s Ministry, as did some of my family and friends, some spending thousands of dollars on same.

When the food arrived, I opened the container of food to investigate its contents. I noticed, looking at the labels of each of the approximately seven (7) different types to servings (meals) in the container, what I thought was a very low calorie content for each meal. Doing a little math, I averaged the total calorie content of the approximately seven (7) different servings (meals) to find the average calorie content per serving (meal) was only about 130 calories. At three (3) servings (meals) per day, that’s less than 400 hundred calories per day. I ask you, who can live for an extended period of time (i.e. a year or more) on less than 400 hundred calories per day??

I don’t think so!!

So, I called Jim Bakker’s Ministry to inquire as to how the obvious lack of nutritional content of the food (very low calorie content) could sustain a person over time. No one could explain or even offer a rational explanation. They did offer me a refund though. When I asked about how the rest of the folks who had also bought food from Jim Baker Ministries, but don’t read the labels and were counting on this supply of emergency food to see them and their families were suppossed to make it through a rough time, they had no advice. What would those folks, who bought food believing that it was everything Jim Bakker says it is, do when the S _ _ _ hits the fan? Again no answer.

I then called the company (Food for Health, International) that manufactures and supplies the food to Jim Bakker’s Ministry for sale to ask if they could explain, or if they knew that the food was inadequate to the task. They could NOT explain either, but they did know that it was inadequate to teh task. Then, they did suggest that they could provide, for a price, additional items of food to offset the obvious lack of nutritional content in what Jim Bakker’s Ministry is offering.

This seems to me to be false and deceptive advertising. Especially coming from a supposedly christian minister. Hasn’t the Christian church had enough scandals?

View Comments View More Jim Bakker Show Complaints

Is Jim Bakker Show a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

Jim Bakker Show Reviews and Complaints

Click To Search For Jim Bakker Show Complaints

User Thoughts About Jim Bakker Show

20 thoughts on “Jim Bakker Show

1. In my opinion jim barker is a con, caught up in the., dog chasing the tail , money, money,money, the high life. Every thing first class as at PTL. The food at 390 caloric content for one day is sin full. The only way to get prices down is to cut size of serving. There it is money always win the poor people that are bought in this trap is set up for Satan. So who is Jim Bakker working for.

2. Nowadays Jim Bakker his wife and his crew who tow fat guys ,a fat lady and young lady are a team who are selling merchandise but they are not paying any Taxes that is not fair with America so we do request to IRS please check their books and find out how much money they have made so far and if they have paid any Taxes on their prophets if IRS do not go after them then they setting a wrong precedent .We Thank IRS in advance. Today they are selling expansive stuff cost about $ 2000 dollars per piece

3. Jim Bakker is a good sales man but not a pastor only the problem is that he selling his products without paying Taxes why he can get away by doing that because his wife and crew of two fat guys a young lady and fat lady that he claims his adopted daughter they are sharing the income the greed is a terrible thing but they are under the cover of a religious show without religion that is not fair and the IRS should look into their books and this is a noble task if IRS DO THAT and we request to IRS please check that out we will appreciate that Thanking IRS in advance.

4. Turn the channel don't buy the food. You have choices. I think caloric count won't matter if you have none. I find the food good it is much lower than any other survival food. Get a life

5. How about being fair? He offered your Money back.take it and shut your mouth. Maybe you could use your time saying a prayer for yourself or others. Thanks and God bless. Marge

6. Have you folks TASTED any of this food. ITS HORRIBLE! Now I have to go to the hassle of returning stunningly heavy buckets of crap food. Don't buy this stuff its garbage and just another scam!!

7. this guy is nothing but a con man who takes hard earned money from older people. he never learned anything from being in prison. he and his wife lauri are doing nothing but conning people just as he and his ugly wife tammy did. he and lauri need to be prosecuted and sent to jail for the rest of thre lives for the scamming they are doing. his whole show is nothing but bull s**t and he asks for money more than he preaches and she meaning lauri is just as phony as tammy was and just as ugly. they are nothing but pure con artists and need to go to jail.

8. All should read about the ones Jesus really used, and read about their past. HE knows the heart, and we are human, and humans make mistakes, and Jesus is sitting at the right hand of our Heavenly Father to ever intercede on the behalf of those who love Him. Also, please read what one judge had to say about Jim's alledged wrong doings. Just saying we should do our research, and if we still believe there's some wrong doing….don't go to others, but take it to the Lord in Prayer, and let the Holy Spirit take care of it as only He can. Not one person on earth can cast a stone at anyone….no not one !!! We are to lift one another up in prayer, love,and support, and if one feels they can't then one should just pray about it, and really be careful about the word that are spoken because HE hears, and sees All…..most of all….HE KNOWS OUR HEARTS…JUST AS HE DID THE LITTLE BOY DAVID…Love to read about him. I believe in Jim Baker, and did when he was had PTL. No one reported the good things that took place…they reached way down in the gutter to find a little mud to sling, and that is so very sad. Jesus is coming Soon, and Let's just all be ready friends. He's my dearest friend, and has never let me down, even when I let HIM down, and I will continue to make mistakes being a human that I am. But one of these days I'll see HIM FACE TO FACE…What a Happy Day That Will Be. Praying for Jim, Lori, and staff, and love the food, and Silver Sol… the Bread is the best Bread in the world. Can only afford couple loaves a month, so we eat it very sparingly…..Love, Love, Love it :) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JIM BAKER, AND KEEP SPREADING THE NEWS THAT JESUS SAVES, AND WANTS US ALL TO BE PREPARED FOR WHAT'S AHEAD….EVEN THE ANTS DO THAT :) :)

9. I bought 4 orders of the year and a half food and have received what I ordered. I ordered it because it is such an amazing value and what I have tried is truly good tasting food. All the other companies offer pretty much the same food but at quadruple the cost. 600.00 for that amount of food is remarkable. I spend that much in two weeks at the grocery. I started stocking canned goods but found this to be a much better value plus u dont have to worry about spoilage and storage for thousands of cans. These 12 small boxes will fit in the corner of a closet. At this price 30 cents a serving he is doing us the favor. Im sure if you call they will straighten out your order. Sometimes people are going to make mistakes. They are only making pennies on this food. No way can you grow it and can it at this price, plus the 20 year shelf life. Love u Jim and Lori. Keep doing what you are doing.

• Linda, I too, ordered the $500. with the $120.00 cost for shipping. It is almost 8 wks and I still have not received my food. I can find no phone # for the company. When I placed the order they would not give me a confirmation # or a tracking #. When Jim showed it on the program it looked so good. You mention, 12 small boxes. I was told 12 boxes but small…? I am a widow and want to share with my family. I'll divide into four kits. I want to try the potato soup, my favorite. One man said the food tasted bad. Have you tried any of the food. Hoping to hear from you. God Bless, Georgia

10. You know folks, I'm so glad there is only one person who is actually perfect in every way,and , it ain't us!!! That perfecct person was mocked, beaten and scourned too and literally died trying to save lives from a devil's hell – could any of us do that? NOT!!!! Get over your little pet peeves about who does this and who doesn't do that and get a life in Jesus Christ won't ya? Any type of emergency freeze dried foods, no matter the source, will not always have a high-caloric nutritional value; it's just the way these foods are made. You have to shop around for the best price. Some of the freeze dried foods, even from Costco or Sam's Clubs costs more than what Jim Bakker sells – JB knows the spiritual condition of this country and the world and knows all too well about the soon return of Jesus Christ; many WILL BE left in the cold wondering where their next meal will come from; look at the economic situation here folks; unemployment; shutdowns, higher taxes, etc. JB is doing what he can to help YOU, the general public, get a handle on how to survive the coming crises that this world is about to suffer through – Be ye also ready for in such an hour as ye think not…….

11. I believe in repentance, forgivness, and restoration for ALL who have fallen and come short of the glory of God. And that includes all of us. This is Jim's testimony. If he hasn't done this, then God will be the JUDGE of Jim Bakker, not man…………

12. If Jim does good people down him & if he doesn't they still down him ,,, Jim , keep on doing great things for JESUS & let all the tongues keep on talking… for you are doing good things …. God Bless all of your Family

• Have you read his book?? Maybe you should before you throw sticks and stones!! I'm assuming that YOU have never done ANYTHING wrong in your life?? Good for you!!

13. I paid $600. and DID NOT RECEIVE THE FOOD SHOWN ON THE JIM BAKKER SHOWN…..NO VEGETABLES, NO LENTIL BURGERS….LOT OF BEANS, RICE, OATMEAL AND GRAPE KOOL AID. GO TO COST-CO AND STOCK UP. DON'T BELIEVE WHAT JIM BAKKER PRESENTS. I'M SURE THEY MEAN WELL, BUT TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND DON'T TRUST WHAT THEY PRESENT AS THE FOOD THEY'RE SUPPOSEDLY OFFERING…..LOTS AND LOTS OF SUGAR AND STARCH…..AND YES, GRAPE KOOL AID AND OH YES, LOTS OF WHEY MILK. I SADLY FELL FOR THE ACT. THEY APPEAR TO REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY…. THE EVIDENCE SHOWSTHEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS REALLY BEING SHIPPED OUT TO THE INNOCENT BELIEVERS.

• Sharon,

I bought two (2) "Year and A Half" offerings of food: that's $1,000, which is real money to me! I've called the ministry several times; and, today, I sent Pastor Bakker an email informing him of my problem. It is my prayer that he, or someone who can make "things right, will contact me soon. If not, I'll be forced to file a complaint with the FCC.

I believe in what Pastor Bakker is trying to do, but he needs to make sure that there is a process in place that guarantees customers their products, within a timely manner as well. I ordered my food last year, and I'm still waiting for my order to be completed. They did get the oatmeal, butter noodles, and beans & rice to me after Christmas, but the lentil burgers, the "real food" they talked about, and so many other items is incomplete. Plus, now, they are saying on his program that March 1, 2014 is the last day to get this food offer! What happens to those of us who have not received their complete orders from last year??????????

Let's agree to keep this situation in our prayers: HE answers prayers even when the Bakker Ministry does not answer their phones……

• laverne

who are you to say such a thing about Jim bakker. are you so perfect and are always right and do nothing wrong. Jim is only doing what God told him to do. If this is the one that GOd sent to Jim to help the people when hard times hit' then you should take it up with God not Jim.