Jail Call Services Complaints

Corp Website: jailcallservices.com

Jail Call Services Ratings

Jail Call Services Reports

Most Recent Jail Call Services Complaints

Is Jail Call Services a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Telephone Service Providers Directory ListingJail Call Services LLC Listing

Fraud! Scam!

Jail Call Services is very quick to take the initial month’s payment and set up fee which puts you in the status of “application pending”. 25 days later, account still shows as “application pending” and have not received a response to inquiries.

Website promises 4 hour return response (by email) during business hours. Website FAQ says to expect a phone call shortly after setting up account. No call was ever received verifying working number; no alternate phone number was ever received from them to help us save on long distance charges as promised.

Finding a phone number on the website has proven futile as well.

15 Most Recent Reviews About Jail Call Services

More About Jail Call Services

View Related Complaint: Jail Call Solutions

Submit a Complaint or Review For Jail Call Services

76 Comments on "Jail Call Services"

this company took $48.95 from me on 3/2/17. Requested refund and have gotten no reply. I do have a confirmation number or invoice number. SCAM!!!!

Call 214-392-6083 it is the owners direct line. He claims the companies operating the jail phones are lieing to us. He said he would refund my money

I used my debit card to set up an account bc your unable to communicate or set up a visit without one. And several calls to Telmate and my bank due to almost $900 being taken out in 2 days without my knowledge or permission I’ve been told that I am not going to get a refund due to the account I had set up and multiple transactions on the account! I’ve filed a complaint with the better business Bureau and still waiting for them to make it right. I guess to have fraud protection from the bank doesn’t mean… Read more »
Jail call service. Is fraud i bn waiting for the call they never called my to give me a JCS # which i pay to be active the same day i believe the scam me they have to do something about this situation ripping ppl of for there money. I send them email i haven’t received no message back and i called it goes to a voicemail to leave a message. They tock from my account 70.54 and i’m trying to stop the account and i can they trying to charge me 32.74 for next month and i haven’t received… Read more »

Don’t use prison connect it’s a scam

I been calling jail call services no call back , I’ve paid for one year service, my son is unable to connect with me…called GTL services only excuses..I don’t get it..now I call the number 1-9723385271 there is a recording we could not complete your call…what’s going on ..

I feel the same way about Gettingout/Telmate. They do make you pay for everything. I realize it is a for profit business, but I wonder if it is regulated and by whom. They have deposits for three different accounts. If you make a mistake and click on the wrong thing, there is no way you can change it and your money is no longer yours. The explanation of their services are far from clear. They charge you 25% on your money. If you add another phone number to your Friends and Family Account, it does not mean that person can… Read more »
Telmate / Gettingout are scam artists that the cities, counties and states feel justified with utilizing because it impedes contact between inmates and loved ones. Thereby imposing punishment on everyone involved from both the one who was incarcerated to their loved ones. If you want to even get a ‘so called free weekly visit you have to both contact them (which will cost money) and pray the inmate can figure out how to contact you back to confirm and visit you and you can figure the darn thing out. Nothing is free ‘see not so called free visits’. Anyways, back… Read more »
Yea I completely agree. My husband is locked up right now and telmate has literally taken $180 from me and I’ve yet been able to talk to him! It has been driving me insane which is why I decided to go ahead and check into it as being a scam. Which I have heard from several people that it is a scam and that they do take your money but I mean how else do I get to talk to him? I don’t understand why the government is allowing this kind of criminal activity but they can lock our loved… Read more »

I agree!!! Biggest SCAM artists. I am so angry about this. The FCC needs to investigate this company

So glad Master card has fraud protection for this kind of thing ! Do report this scam ! Everywhere you can ! Let’s get this crap stopped !

no they do not answer there emails.they are the biggest rip off i have ever seen.fee for this fee for that.i could understand a buck for each one but.285 to 700 bucks come on here.its not the inmate this is a hardship on its there family.ive had money taken from my prepaid card for the phone i didnt even use.i hate this telmate crape.legalized mafia is what these people are.i had what i thought was a free visit set with my son they were gonna charge 7.50 i called them it took me 50 min wait time to talk to… Read more »

gusanos asquerosos son unos perros muertos de hambre

son una basura se aprovechan de la necesidad de las personas por estar en contacto con un ser querido que este preso ojala y todo ese dinero que roban a lo descarado se les haga sal y que no se puedan comprar ni nuevos calzones son unas pinches ratas de alcantarilla pero un dia tambien ellos van a estar en la carcel y van aver lo que es bueno no se les olvide que todo se paga en esta vida gusanos de porqueria si los tuviera frente a mi les escupiria la puta cara perros malditosssssss..

One hour service is a rip off. Nobody at the Company returns emails. Only saving grace is card charges that can be reversed.

SCAMMERS!!!!!! They took $100 told me calls would only be between .50-$2.00 per connect fee each call has been over $5.00 so all you do is pay for a phone number through them which you don’t even need go through secures directly they are legit I asked for a refund and they say no can’t do that and that was in initial phone call never even used the number they gave me!!!!

If you used a credit card report them as as scam. Fraud protection may be able to get your money back. Sorry there are people aloud to to this kind of thing to hard working Americans.

I was taken by Prisoncallservices as well and Securus does not back you up on verification on any thing but was quick to block the number it has taken me a long while to figure out it has been a scam all along and there seems like they are getting away with it they got 89.00 of my money and this started in aug of 2013 .I’m mad!!!

Read This

Thanks for saving me a big hit, guys– I’m so sorry that you all got scammed by these dirtbags! I really can’t believe they haven’t been shut down… I have to say… My boy is in jail ON LESSER S**T… WTH IS UP WITH THAT?! Guess it really does go to show as long as you can PAY the hand those taxes, to HELL with the little guy who gets CHEWED UP underneath the weight!! >:(

Jail Call Services is not affiliated with Telmate.com The only company that accepts money for making calls on telmate.com is Telmate.com.
http://www.gettingout.com is a Telmate website
Visit.telmate.com is a website for creating an account and scheduling remote or local video visits with inmates as well as sending and receiving messages.
pay.gettingout.com is a Telmate website for making deposits

ALL of the above sites will have the Telmate logo and shield.

I just fell for this scam last night. My $ has not been processed yet, so I I discontinued my debit card, they give me myy $ back in 2 days, usually earlier. Then they go after them. I called the correctional facility icsolutions because something was nagging at the pit of my stomach. #1 thing is the girl kept interrupting my questions, then she seemed irrated then she was down right rude!! My son got 1 (free) call in and said "Mom, This is a wierd set-up!" Also when it says operational 7 days a week and there is… Read more »

This company is a scam…Ive been tryn to get my money back they refuse too. sayn they already bought me a number. i tried canceling this 30 minutes after appling. Now I am so mad tryn to talk to a supervisor and they are in a meeting… figures. Ive tried to cancel with credit card company and now Im having problems there…. I want my money back $48.87. But it says in there sites you can cancel and get refund if Im not happy… well Im not happy. I dont want an agruement I want my money returned.

same story i had makes you mad they got to be Stoppedf!

I was looking for a Global Tel number to add money to my daughter’s account. When I searched Global Tel, this came up as Global Tel/ jail call services. I assumed it was Global Tel and signed up for it only to realize I was misled. I have sent them two emails requesting a refund as per their guarantee but have not heard from them. I am extremely angry and can’t even call this company and complain as there is no phone number for them.

THESE PEOPLE ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS AND SHOULD BE COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN AND OUT OD BUSINESS DUE TO ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS. I HAVE INLY SEEN ONE POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND THAT PERSON DID NOT GIVE MUCH DETAIL AND PROBABLY WAS SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR THE COMPANY BECAUSE THEY NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF THE OTHER ON LINERS QUESTIONS ABOUT WHY THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A "GOOD" COMPANY.. THEY SHOULD CLOSE DOWN, THINK OF A BETTER POLICY, AND DEFINITELY WORK ON BETTER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I LOST ALMOST 71.00!!!

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD.I WAS CHARGED FOR A NUMBER THAT IS NOT ABLE TO BE USED.I HAD TO USE ANOTHER COMPANY.TALK ABOUT MAKING A BAD SITUATION EVEN WORSE.I HAVE SINCE CONTACTED THE CONSUMER COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE.HOPEFULLY,SOMEONE WILL EVENTUALLY SHUT THEM DOWN.THEN,THEY CAN BE IN JAIL WITHOUT A RELIABLE MEANS TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.WHAT GOES AROUND,COMES AROUND.

This Company is a total rip off!! I paid $48.87 JailCallServices and I received a # but one day later I was blocked by Secure us technology. Secure us said they couldn’t monitor the calls using the phone # JailCallServices provided. I tried to get a refund and ran up against them giving me the run around. I told them they mislead me into believing they were working with Secure Us. Of course they denied misleading me. This Company is nothing but a SCAM!!

My name is Barbara D. I am soooo angry with these people, they just said they would not refund my $48.87 because a phone # has already been given for my son to use but he tried to call about an hour ago with machine telling me to pay another one time fee of $14.95 for a few minutes. It is so evil for people to take your money like this. Just know that JESUS has the last word and you will reap what you sow. I am on SS so this was hard for me.

all these people dont care about jesus. my son has been in jail since dec 21 and i still havent been able to afford the 50.00 miminum payment. my point is our government does not care about us or our loved ones,and the mental anguish we suffer and they throw us to these phone dogs. it seems to me these phone providers are robbing us legelly and our government is aiding and allowing them to steal from us. what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot ?