Jail Call Services Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.43 of 5
Based On: 33 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Jail Call Services

Lied to

I was told I had to get a local number in order for my son to contact me from jail. I googled Global Tel and was routed to Jail Call Services. The website is very misleading, it says you pay a flat monthly rate and can talk as much as you’d like. Only to be told when contacted that you not only have to pay them a monthly fee but Global Tel as well.

I was told you can’t receive collect calls from jail which I have found out since that I most certainly can. I was also told that calls from jail are upwards of $25 per call from jail when they knew as well as I did that a law was passed last month making it illegal to charge exorbitant rates now.

Their website also says it will refund your money immediately if not satisfied, the only problem is the phone number won’t even ring and the email address they give for cancellations doesn’t even exist. This must be put to a stop. It’s bad enough people have loved ones in jail and then to be taken advantage of like this is reprehensible.

Additional Information:

View Related Complaint: Jail Call Solutions

View Comments View More Jail Call Services Complaints

Is Jail Call Services a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

Jail Call Services Reviews and Complaints

User Thoughts About Jail Call Services

60 thoughts on “Jail Call Services

1. SCAMMERS!!!!!! They took $100 told me calls would only be between .50-$2.00 per connect fee each call has been over $5.00 so all you do is pay for a phone number through them which you don't even need go through secures directly they are legit I asked for a refund and they say no can't do that and that was in initial phone call never even used the number they gave me!!!!

2. I was taken by Prisoncallservices as well and Securus does not back you up on verification on any thing but was quick to block the number it has taken me a long while to figure out it has been a scam all along and there seems like they are getting away with it they got 89.00 of my money and this started in aug of 2013 .I'm mad!!!

3. Read This

Thanks for saving me a big hit, guys– I'm so sorry that you all got scammed by these dirtbags! I really can't believe they haven't been shut down… I have to say… My boy is in jail ON LESSER s**t… WTH IS UP WITH THAT?! Guess it really does go to show as long as you can PAY the hand those taxes, to HELL with the little guy who gets CHEWED UP underneath the weight!! >:(

4. Jail Call Services is not affiliated with Telmate.com The only company that accepts money for making calls on telmate.com is Telmate.com.
    http://www.gettingout.com is a Telmate website
    Visit.telmate.com is a website for creating an account and scheduling remote or local video visits with inmates as well as sending and receiving messages.
    pay.gettingout.com is a Telmate website for making deposits

ALL of the above sites will have the Telmate logo and shield.

5. I just fell for this scam last night. My $ has not been processed yet, so I I discontinued my debit card, they give me myy $ back in 2 days, usually earlier. Then they go after them. I called the correctional facility icsolutions because something was nagging at the pit of my stomach. #1 thing is the girl kept interrupting my questions, then she seemed irrated then she was down right rude!! My son got 1 (free) call in and said "Mom, This is a wierd set-up!" Also when it says operational 7 days a week and there is no times ?? They could be anywhere in the world but they still have" time" 24hrs, 8-5 pst, 7-6 est……..24/7? No that won't work when would they have the time to go get our $$$ and move to another town???

6. This company is a scam…Ive been tryn to get my money back they refuse too. sayn they already bought me a number. i tried canceling this 30 minutes after appling. Now I am so mad tryn to talk to a supervisor and they are in a meeting… figures. Ive tried to cancel with credit card company and now Im having problems there…. I want my money back $48.87. But it says in there sites you can cancel and get refund if Im not happy… well Im not happy. I dont want an agruement I want my money returned.

7. I was looking for a Global Tel number to add money to my daughter's account. When I searched Global Tel, this came up as Global Tel/ jail call services. I assumed it was Global Tel and signed up for it only to realize I was misled. I have sent them two emails requesting a refund as per their guarantee but have not heard from them. I am extremely angry and can't even call this company and complain as there is no phone number for them.

8. THESE PEOPLE ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS AND SHOULD BE COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN AND OUT OD BUSINESS DUE TO ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS. I HAVE INLY SEEN ONE POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND THAT PERSON DID NOT GIVE MUCH DETAIL AND PROBABLY WAS SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR THE COMPANY BECAUSE THEY NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF THE OTHER ON LINERS QUESTIONS ABOUT WHY THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A "GOOD" COMPANY.. THEY SHOULD CLOSE DOWN, THINK OF A BETTER POLICY, AND DEFINITELY WORK ON BETTER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I LOST ALMOST 71.00!!!

9. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD.I WAS CHARGED FOR A NUMBER THAT IS NOT ABLE TO BE USED.I HAD TO USE ANOTHER COMPANY.TALK ABOUT MAKING A BAD SITUATION EVEN WORSE.I HAVE SINCE CONTACTED THE CONSUMER COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE.HOPEFULLY,SOMEONE WILL EVENTUALLY SHUT THEM DOWN.THEN,THEY CAN BE IN JAIL WITHOUT A RELIABLE MEANS TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.WHAT GOES AROUND,COMES AROUND.

10. This Company is a total rip off!! I paid $48.87 JailCallServices and I received a # but one day later I was blocked by Secure us technology. Secure us said they couldn't monitor the calls using the phone # JailCallServices provided. I tried to get a refund and ran up against them giving me the run around. I told them they mislead me into believing they were working with Secure Us. Of course they denied misleading me. This Company is nothing but a SCAM!!

11. My name is Barbara D. I am soooo angry with these people, they just said they would not refund my $48.87 because a phone # has already been given for my son to use but he tried to call about an hour ago with machine telling me to pay another one time fee of $14.95 for a few minutes. It is so evil for people to take your money like this. Just know that JESUS has the last word and you will reap what you sow. I am on SS so this was hard for me.

• all these people dont care about jesus. my son has been in jail since dec 21 and i still havent been able to afford the 50.00 miminum payment. my point is our government does not care about us or our loved ones,and the mental anguish we suffer and they throw us to these phone dogs. it seems to me these phone providers are robbing us legelly and our government is aiding and allowing them to steal from us. what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot ?

12. I have been scammed by jail call service they told me they could not refund my money after I had the service for three day's of not being able to use the # they gave me and customer service keep telling me sorry I can not get a refund, but it states that for any reason I was unsatisfied I could receive my refund back immediately, I was told no that was incorrect but I can read and that is what there website said.
    THIS WAS TAKEN RIGHT FROM THERE WEBSITE.

REMEMBER: If you are not fully satisfied, we will refund your money immediately upon request.

•A Jail Call Services Local Line is the ONLY way to ENSURE to pay the lowest rates for your inmate calls.

• Where and how do I sign up for the offer in your ad? Unlimited jail calls for 9.95 per month. Is this false advertisement?
      Jail Calls U S A said they have a 9.95 dollars a month unlimited calls. How do I get to that web site.

13. I have done everything I can do to cancel this, nothing works. I have called them 10 times no one ever calls back. You signup for this you might as well throw your money out the window. Why is someone not doing something about this scam company? They should be put in jail they are the real crooks, does anyone know who I could call?

14. I am so sorry I did not research this better. At the time my only concern was being able to talk to my son. They assured me over the phone while signing up and in an email that if I was not completely satisified they would fully refund my money. I found out before I ever used their service and number it would not work. I email to request a refund and call customer service requesting a refund and they will not give one.

15. PLEASE SHARE THIS! IF YOU EVER HAVE A LOVED ONE GO TO JAIL, DO NOT USE "JAIL CALL SERVICES" FOR A CALL PROVIDER TO MAKE YOUR CALLS CHEAPER. THEY OPENLY RIPPED US OFF!! ALMOST DIDNT LET ME CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION, DID NOT REFUND MY MONEY, ALTHOUGH THEIR SERVICES NEVER WORKED..(THE NUMBER THEY GAVE ME NEVER WORKED)…THEY ARE AFFILATED WITH SECURUS TECH…AND THEY WANTED MORE MONEY TO GET THE NUMBER STARTED, WHICH I HAD ALREADY PAID 50. TO A PLAN THEY SAID WOULD GET US STARTED. A HUGE RIP OFF.THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN..PLEASE HELP ME DO THAT. SHARE THIS!!!

16. This company is a huge scam Do not go through them I was ripped of $100 The one time I was contacted it was through some indian call center the more questions I asked the ruder they got and went ahead and charged my card with out me wanting to fallow through

17. I HAVE SET UP AN ACCOUNT FOR MY COUSIN AND THE SAME s**t HAPPEN! SHE STILL CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH HER LOVE ONE.. THIS UPSETS ME! I REALLY WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH.. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY ITS A SCAM!!!!!!

18. I was looking for a cheaper way to get telephone calls from a prisoner. I went with JailCallServices.com. They were suppose to give me a local number to receive calls from. The number that was given to me did not appear to be local. I contacted them and they reassured me that it was a local number and to rest assured they are properly handling my account. I used the telephone number they provided me for a couple of days. It actually costed me more than to use my personal telephone number.

I tried 3 different times to email them with my concerns. It is stated of their website they would respond to your email within 4 hours. This is a lie. It was days. I ended up having to find another company. I repeatedly email them to just cancel my account. After a few days I had still not received my refund I contacted them once again. I finally got my response. Basically since the supposably local number was activated to use they will not refund your money. This company is a Huge Ripoff!!! Do Not Trust Them!!! I ended up loosing about $79.99 for empty promises!!!

If you want an honest company I have found that (((compteitor's name redacted))) can provide the best service at the best price with a local number.

19. This company is a big rip off that is just another way for people to be taken advantage of, in the guize of the company making money at any cost. Paid money several times, inmate was able to get thru couple of times and now call daily six and seven times and although the is 483.00 on the account, inmate still unable to call out! this is a total rip off!!! Dont use this service!!!

20. Yeah I was scammed by Jail call services too..They never gave me the number and didn't return my 55 bucks which I had to finally call my bank for..what's worse, they listed someone else phone number as their customer service..total scam..I use easyjailcall.com now and they have been pretty good..The only thing I don't like abt easy jail call is that they if you're trying to get hold of them you might have to call 2-3 times somethimes.

21. Thanks for all the info I was thinking of signing up them but I ve changed my mind thanks to all you great people that had to learn the hard way and inform the rest of us ! Im sorry you all had to go through this bad experience …….. CHIA

22. I'll bet each and every one of you that bought into this "morons only" company, also voted for that crusty lump of dog f**k obama. So Im happy you got **** out of your undeserved money. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!

23. My name is Stephanie M. Jones, my Son is incarcerated and I really thought that this plan would help him
    to keep in touch with family mostly his Twins. I cant believe they are doing this scam to people that are lost to the system. They took my 70.58 and supplied me with no services, I'm disabled only receive a small income. They need to be stopped, how are they still getting away with this? stephaniej.1900@yahoo.com

24. They are indian mother **** running scams…. I did not even agree to anything once i figure they want me to pay another party too but they still went a head and charged 48 $$$

25. Please stay away from this company. They will promise many things but provide nothing but heartache. It is bad enough that you have a loved one in prison, and you are trying to set up a way to contact them and you have a company like this making the situation worse. I hope eventually they get what is coming to them like a jail sentence for fraud.

26. Yes i to have been had by this company they rip me off of $65.13 and they have no number to call them back .When my grandson called it cost me three times the amount this may not seem like much to some people but i'm on a fixed income and it is alot to me. It looks like something can be done about this they are stealing money by false pretence and i thought stealing was a crime or thats what i was taught.I think it's a shame you can't help someone without being took.

• If you paid with credit card, you can contact your credit card company and they will get the refund the for you. In your complaint, you may want to list the URL for this website, as for support of how bad the company is.

• Not really Mark. Simply disputing your credit card does not always work. In fact excessive disputing can cause them to close your credit card account since its really fraud to purchase something and not pay for it since you didnt think it worked the way you wanted it to work

27. Going to the BBB and Attorney general doesnt do anything
    You jujavascript: postComment(0);st have to READ the site and instructions dummies

28. I found out I still have to pay PCS for the connection fee, so I told Jail Call Services not to charge my Visa. They have and and I have contacted the Attorney General in an attempt to get the charges reversed. They are definitely a rip off. They said they were not charging my card. However, they had the number andthey did. This company is taking serious advantage of those family members who have someone incarcerated. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. skreaves@comcast.net 3/4/13

• I thought I was signing up with Global Tel Link online for jail calls. I paid for the 29.99 fee for one month. I got the invoice thru email and said my debit card would be charged $65.13. When I got the phone call from the guy, I couldn't understand what he was saying. He told me not to use my cell phone number and gave me a number I was to use. When he connected me with Global Tel link the guy started asking me all my info and I told him I already paid for the service and that the guy told me not to give him my phone number but this other number I said something is wrong here. The guy told me I think you've been scammed!

29. I have not given that company a rusty penny yet. from the looks of these comments I don't think I will. Tell everyone you guys know about this company scam. I'm telling you, it sounds to me like the entire website is a hoax to get peoples info and money. if you used your credit/debit card on this sight I advise you to cancel it ASAP!! I mean seriously, what website doesn't have a customer service contact number? that already sounds fishy.

• That's why I'm reading this site! I was considering using this service, but I think I'll just stick with what I'm using now. I don't like the expense, but I can't afford to toss money down a drain with nothing to show for it other than these voice frustrations.

Whew! I'm grateful for this complaint site, and think I've probably dodged a bullet! Thanks.

• Linda – are you still using their service and have you had any problems? I would like to sign up to save $, but so many complaints on here. You aren't affiliated with this company are (sorry just had to ask for clarification ha) Thank you! Karen

30. I too have fell victim to this company. There is no real way to contact them.The number provided 972-338-5271 is voicemail, and I have received no return calls. Also I have learned that you still have to maintain payment with the actual inmate call company such as Globatel. If you do not pay Globaltel and you do pay Jail Call Services, you will not receive calls.

• I been trying to call the same number for days and there is no answer or any return calls. I sent emails trying to get someone to call for a transfer number that they claim you can get if the inmate moves.

31. I set up an account with jail call services and on the same day I received a call from a rep from their company. I told the rep that I wanted to cancel my account. My account was cancelled that day. I tried to call the company and received no answer. I was sent an email from a Amber which stated that my account was cancelled. Then I received an email from the same person stating that they could not give my refund at that time because of technically reasons. I emailed the company again and as of this day I still have not obtained a refund. There is a number Phone: (469) 278-5245, which you will only get the answering machine. Please be carefully of these jail call services. I wished I had done my research before.

• I too have had this problem! Never was able to receive a phone call from my inmate and am out the money…they have my info….I am trying one more time to get this resolved and then I am going to the Texas State Attorney General with my complaint.

I tried the phone # and got the answering machine, I left a message and got no return call. This company seems to be unreliable as they did not transfer funds to the phone acct where I had to go to set up service to even speak to my inmate. Not happy!!!