City Tele Coin Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Profile

City Tele Coin Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: City Tele Coin, Inc.
Category: Telephone Service Providers

$40.00

Average Reported Loss Per Consumer:
$40.00

Consumer Ratings Data

There Are Currently No Ratings.
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Complaint About City Tele Coin

Phone service for inmates is too costly

My daughter was arrested and we deposited $100 in our checking account so that it could go on a prepaid account so that she could call us to let us know when she was released and okay.

She made only ONE call to us on this prepaid account before she was released. I called the company back to get the refund started and I swear they told me it would be 90 days and I would get the refund back. I called today to make sure the money would be redeposited in our account tomorrow and they told me it would be 120 days before I got it back. I got mad and told them they told me 90 and they said they would check the phone records but it would take seven days to check.

This was money we could ill afford to lose and we need all the money we can get. The ONE phone call cost almost $40 with all the fees they take out for depositing and refunding and calling. They take the money out of your account IMMEDIATELY but can’t get it back to you for 120 days??? I realize that inmates need to keep in touch with family but this way is too costly for the families.

City Tele Coin, Inc.
LA
800-682-0707

City Tele Coin Reviews and Complaints

Click To Search For City Tele Coin Complaints

User Thoughts About City Tele Coin

• Kathy

My understanding is the phone service in area facilities are put out for bid (yeah right). The phone companies make deals with the sheriffs and owners of the facilities in the way of incentives and bonuses for them. I understand these extra charges afford the facilities programs they otherwise could not afford to offer inmates; but like everywhere else, there needs to be some administrative regulation, review and cut backs made first. Until the FCC steps in and regulates the companies, their policies and charges; the families of the inmates will continue to bear the financial burden of staying in touch with their loved one.

• Demarco

There are two sides to everything…I bet no one even knows how hard the company fought to get the federal charges off the calls so people could come close to affording them. The company has a lot to deal with mainly from people who are far to lazy to actually check information or find out who is really in control.. I was in jail for about a year and learned a lot from it. Trust me..and ex con…that the real crooks are in political offices…not some old man who tries to employes those who really need it.

Get you facts straight and then comment. Otherwise you just poison others with ignorance…

• Kara

Demarco, while I can appreciate that you see the situation from being an inmate and from the other side; however; I have someone at a facility in TN that is serviced by telecoin and the administration fees and reload fees are outrages. I worked for a phone company and federal bank and can tell you about federal regulated charges. This company is plain greedy and the jail in that city needs to revisit using this company. I have used securistech and no way are they as expensive. It should not take 120 days to receive a refund. This company wants your driver's license number and information before loading an account, but don't want to refund sooner. I bet the facility you were held in didn't even use telecoin.

• Demarco

Sorry to say it was CTC at my jail. I was **** at them for all the charges, BUT once I did some hardcore research and spent time looking at the info, I understood certain actions they took. The Driver's Licence is needed because of all the fraud attempts. Thats nothing new for companies really. As for the charges Kara, reply back after you research the cost of the security systems in jail tech. Also look at the money that goes back into a jail from those charges in order to provide rehab and job training. You dont pay for that out of taxes. I am proud that I climbed my way to a better education, but without the extra services in the jail that were possible due to the phone profits, I would never have even tried.

Look, I agree, the prices can, well, ARE, hard. But in the end, your looking at a pit of money that has to be filled if you even want the phone service in there. Not to mention all the other services.

Not trying to be a jerk, but please, do the footwork, read up, call people, and really understand it all.

• Guest

We have a telephone service at our local jail facility and it doesn't cost near as much as telecoin. The rates are high. I will need to see proof that they put money into security systems. You sound like a spokesman for the company.

• AJJ

You must work for the owner i.e. City Tele Coin CEO Gerald Juneau, Sr. This company needs to be investigated by the FCC. The more complaints made to the FCC will prove that we are right. This company is just plain fraudulent.

• Randy Howell

The President and owner's name is Jerry Juneau, Sr. He's a greedy old man and doesn't care anything about your problems. You'll never see this refund from the crooks.

• June

Randy you are so right. Greed is the root of all evil.