BasicTalk

Related Company: Vonage Holdings

BasicTalk Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest BasicTalk Complaint Filed

"Bait and Switch" Living Large On The Internet

Earlier this month I searched around for Landline Phone Service, settling upon BasicTalk, like most phone carriers BasicTalk tells you, if your current phone number is available it could be transferred. Upon checking BasicTalk stated my phone number was still active and therefore available.

On 12/28/2013, received a call from BasicTalk’s Sales Person checking to see if my current number was still active and available. The Rep stated that in 48hrs the transfer would be effective since the phone number was available for use.

OK, 48hrs later on 12/30/2013 I received an email from BasicTalk notifying me that the number transfer had not gone thru because the previous carrier had disconnected my number – remember just 2days prior A BasicTalk Sales Rep had called me on that same number (682-841-4286) telling me that my number was current and available, yet 48hrs later I was told my number was no longer available and they (BasicTalk)had assigned 682-205-2601 as my new home phone number.

What happened between 12/28/2013 and 12/30/2013 (682-841-4286) had been active and available all that time until Monday, December 30, 2013 That’s when the Sky Broke! Every time I tried complaining or get in touch with a BasicTalk CSR, The Internet Site would switch me to advertisement for Vonage.

In my opinion this is “The Classic Bait and Switch” Show the Buyer something they like then switch that Item or service with another item or service, stating the original product is unavailable thereby cornering an unwanted product or service on the Buyer.

I feel like BasicTalk is a lot of HYPE and Can Not or Will Not Honor It’s Customer with their Chosen Service.

More BasicTalk Complaints File a NEW Complaint View Comments

Is BasicTalk a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Customer Reviews About BasicTalk

Click To Search For BasicTalk Complaints

Consumer Comments For BasicTalk

• I HAVE BASIC TALK AND NOW IN MY SECOND YEAR OF ABSOLUTE PERFECT SERVICE AT WHAT I CONSIDER THE LOWEST POSSIBLE COST UNLIMITED NATION WIDE SERVICE NO TIME LIMIT ON LENGTH OF CALLS OR TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT….INCLUDING TAX AND ALL OTHER FEES ( $ 12.95 ) per month. I WAS ABLE TO KEEP MY PREVIOUS PHONE NUMBER. Since my BASIC TALK installation i have saved hundreds of dollars and i now have perfect sound quality at a much lower monthly cost. I LIVE IN NORTHERN MAINE ON A LAKE ,IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST…………and still have PERFECT RECEPTION

• You are missing the most important piece of information..on what date did you ask for your existing number to be transferred? If you asked that the existing number be transferred (ported) over to the new carrier on the 30th and discontinued service with your existing service provider on the 30th it may very well have occurred that they shut off your number before it was successfully ported over to the new carrier. You should always select a discontinue date of 2 working days later than the date you plan on having the new carrier begin service with the existing number. Unfortunately many service providers get vindictive when they find out you are cancelling your service with them and want to retain your number as well and their reaction is to "delete" your number before the new carrier can port it over. If this was the case with your problem, you are blamng the wrong entity, blame your old service provider.