BasicTalk

BasicTalk Reports

Most Recent BasicTalk Complaints

Is BasicTalk a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Telephone Service Providers Directory ListingVonage Holdings Listing

You get what you pay for "CHEAP SERVICE, POOR SERVICE"

I decided to purchase basic talk home phone service and it’s not that good when it come to quality. I have to keep resetting almost every two days, when automatic recorder says your not registered with your internet service provider, not sure why.

People on the other end say it sounds like muffled water in and out or a smacking sound. It has a pause before a dial tone is heard, in order to use. When I dial certain numbers it just keep buzzing loudly afterwards.

So if you want to just save extra cash monthly and don’t use the phone that often as myself, don’t mind the little annoyances with the device malfunctions. Then I say keep it maybe if they see more complaints like these they’ll find better solutions to solve these issues. So look at it you go the less expensive route then don’t expect that great of service.

Consumer Comments For BasicTalk

• EVE LYON

THE 16TH OF THIS MONTH I HAD NO PHONE SERVICE. I THOUGHT IT WAS A BATTERY PROBLEM AND ORDER NEW BATTERIES FROM AMAZONON BUT HAVE TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY TO DELIVERY. TODAY ABOUT THREE THIRTY I GOT A PHONE CALL SO IT WASN’T BATTERY PROBLEM. I AM 80 YEARS OLD AND GOOD THING I DIDN’T HAVE A PHYSICAL PROBLEM AS NO PHONE I LIVE ALONE. NOT SURE I WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THEM. NO EMAIL TO LET ME KNOW THEY HAD A PROBLEM. SIGH

• fred burrell

I HAVE BASIC TALK AND NOW IN MY SECOND YEAR OF ABSOLUTE PERFECT SERVICE AT WHAT I CONSIDER THE LOWEST POSSIBLE COST UNLIMITED NATION WIDE SERVICE NO TIME LIMIT ON LENGTH OF CALLS OR TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT….INCLUDING TAX AND ALL OTHER FEES ( $ 12.95 ) per month. I WAS ABLE TO KEEP MY PREVIOUS PHONE NUMBER. Since my BASIC TALK installation i have saved hundreds of dollars and i now have perfect sound quality at a much lower monthly cost. I LIVE IN NORTHERN MAINE ON A LAKE ,IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST…………and still have PERFECT RECEPTION

• Cin D Bear

You are missing the most important piece of information..on what date did you ask for your existing number to be transferred? If you asked that the existing number be transferred (ported) over to the new carrier on the 30th and discontinued service with your existing service provider on the 30th it may very well have occurred that they shut off your number before it was successfully ported over to the new carrier. You should always select a discontinue date of 2 working days later than the date you plan on having the new carrier begin service with the existing number. Unfortunately many service providers get vindictive when they find out you are cancelling your service with them and want to retain your number as well and their reaction is to "delete" your number before the new carrier can port it over. If this was the case with your problem, you are blamng the wrong entity, blame your old service provider.