Turbo Tax Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Turbotax.intuit.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 17, 2014

Turbo Tax Corporate Contact

Business Name: Intuit Inc.
PO Box 7850
Mountain View, California 94039 USA

Corp Phone Number: 520-901-3280
Company Contact: Brad Smith - CEO
Corp Website: turbotax.intuit.com

Turbo Tax Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Turbo Tax Complaint

Is Turbo Tax a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Tax Services Directory ListingIntuit Inc. Listing

Don't Waste Your Time or Money!

After hours completing the forms for my taxes, I tried to efile. My returns came back “rejected” but the email from Turbotax “don’t worry, we’ll help you fix the problem. Just log on again”. This was a runaround, and the same error message kept coming back. Called to customer service, and was told that these error messages had been coming up for weeks, and they didn’t know how to fix it.

THEY ALREADY KNEW THERE WAS A PROBLEM, but they allowed me to waste my time trying to fix it.

Their answer: there’s nothing we can do about it. They did refund what I paid for Turbotax, but that will not help me with my now late tax return nor get me back the time I wasted for a problem that they already knew existed.

NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON INTUIT TURBOTAX!!

Consumer Comments For Turbo Tax

• DO NOT USE TURBO TAX THEY CHARGED us 49.99 for Audit Defense which I opted to not get, but still charged us. Also CHARGED 74.99 For Business Tax Which we have NEVER been charged. TURBO TAX IS A RIP OFF, AND THEY DO NOT HAVE AMERICANS HANDLING THESE CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEMS. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO REFUND THE TWO AMOUNTS WEEKS AGO, AND NEVER DID , IT’S BEEN 8 WEEKS NOW, AND THEY HAVE NO INTENSIONS OF SENDING A REFUND FOR ANY AMOUNTS. PLEASE DO NOT USE TURBO TAX THEY ARE A FRAUD, AND SCAM COMPANY!!!

• same Email I got.

• got email saying form 131 was now ready to use for state return went on turbo tax and no they do not have form ready still cannot complete my state taxes this is bs I will not use them ever again

• learned quickbooks in early jan. better and more complete than quicken. then learned to do taxes for my 2 llc’s with TT for business. it was a challenge. but hey taxes aren’t a picnic especially with stock gains, member draws, depreciation schedules- and the irs KILLER FORM Schedule L balance sheet. TT is far better trying to do cold turkey. Hey I mastered the balance sheet even with a lot of pre 2013 info came over w quicken i had to adjust w opening balance entries. (I appre my accountant for some crucial heads up) BUT OH THE JOY OF GETTING THE NUMBERS TO FIT THE BALANCE SHEET. YOU GUYS ARE WUSSES UNTIL YOU DO A 1065. although not perfect Turbotax helps tremendously

• I have tried to talk to customer service to report that TurboTax Business is not in compliance with this new directive from the IRS . But the reps do not understand or do not give a S…T

Estates and trusts.
    The use of Form 8949 by estates and trusts is new. Many transactions that, in previous years, would have been reported by estates and trusts on Schedule D or Schedule D-1 must be reported on Form 8949 if they have to be reported on a 2013 form.

• Reading all this MAKES ME REALLY NERVOUS! I bought the 2013 Turbo Tax Basic disk, as I have bought every year’s disks and done my taxes without incident… UNTIL THIS YEAR!! Installed the program and it applied 8 or more VIRUSES! It changed my internet browser, added a new toolbar (malicious search system) and a variety of junk showed up on my desktop with a PC enhancer and some kind of antivirus protection that is just spyware! I took it to an IT and he verified it all came from the install of TurboTax CD. I am also having issues with not getting the same refund each time I save and go back and it has tied me into assumptions it makes that are not true. I am not going to file my return with this junk and will be going to a service… I am going to take this hunk of crap back to Walmart tomorrow and try to see if I can beg to get my money back! Hope the news media gets wind of this! 2013 version is really a plague for consumers and tax payers! RRRRRRR… Not a fan ANYMORE!

• I will never use them again! I put down for both my Federal and State Taxes to be direct deposit. The web site said that both are filed and with direct deposit. When I downloaded the info to save my forms; the forms said that I would receive my Federal Refund in a paper check in FOUR to FIVE weeks! I was so pissed! I called them and waited forever; they had no answers; told me I cold call the IRS when my forms were accepted. I don’t think the customer service rep had any idea of what she was doing! I asked for a refund; it took forever for her to do it. They said the refund for the services would take up to 90 DAYS! Don’s use them.

used Tax Act without any problems in the past. I tried Turbo Tax because the websites said they were number one; so I decided to give it a try! I wish I had investigated further before using them. I really needed my refund sooner than FOUR to FIVE weeks this year!

• I filed last year for free, but this year they say I have to "upgrade" the first time I figured O.K. it was only 19.99 and due to something different, but as I continued it said I had to "upgrade" do to my small business, $74 dollars !! I filed last year for free, but cannot this year ? I will use someone else… P.S. I had the business last year when it was free so …

• Everything was fine, have been using this software for years to file my taxes, but always mailed the return. This year, we filed electronically, and while doing so, Turbo Tax partners have now infected my machine with all these sales pitches for PC virus blockers and speed enhancers. I may have to change to HR Block….

• I ended up paying for my AZ state but having to print it out, make corrections and mail it in myself because their program would not let me make the corrections I needed to make- kept getting rejected! For one my part year residence is in NV and Nevada isn’t on the list of "Other states you lived in"! For another it would not let me put in the dates I lived in NV and AZ so it showed full year residence in AZ! There site says once you send it for e-filing you can’t get your money back so I got whacked for over $80 between State and Fed.

• I have been on HOLD for one hour and 58 minutes on your phone system

the music is very annoying and a lady’s voice comes IN to say ”hold on your core be answered shortly” you must have a completely different interpretation of what shortly means. I called a few days ago and THAT only TOOK 54 minutes to contact an agent. the agent said she couldn’t solve my problem but I would be contacted within two days it never happened

• I filed my taxes using Turbo Tax. I could not successfully efile because I kept getting an error message due to a ‘phantom’ or ‘ghost’ form. I erroreously clicked the hybrid purchase, which I did but was not the origial owner, and the system would not let me delete it. After 6 hours (2 three hour calls) I was finally able to file but only after paying $29.99 for a state tax form which I had already paid for. So I was charged $77.00 for federal & state the first time and then $29.99 for another state return filing because of their error. I was told by the Turbo Tax CPA (or whatever her title was) that as I requested I would be refunded the $77.00 since it was their error. I have contacted them twice by phone (no real person to talk to) and once by email (no response) and still have not received by $77.00 back.

• Dennis, I got the same message saying that Il rejected my return because TT said there is no need to put in a state pin number if you do not have one. I got the pin number and went to put in the correction but there is no way to do this. Now I am having similar problems to what you are having. If you google TT scam you get a life times worth of reading material.