H&R Block Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

SnapShot

Last Updated On: April 22, 2015

H&R Block Corporate Contact

Business Name: HRB Digital LLC.
One H&R Block Way
Kansas City, Missouri 64105 USA

Corp Phone Number: 800-472-5625

H&R Block Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest H&R Block Complaint

Is H&R Block a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Tax Services Directory ListingHRB Digital LLC. Listing

Trying To Redeem A Walmart Gift Card From H&r Block

Completed my taxes with h&r block software. They offered you to put some or all of your refund on a walmart gift card and they would give you $20.00.

Received email from h&r block on how to redeem the walmart gift card but it does not work.

Called h&r block customer service line was transfer to different customer service people 2 times on hold for 3 times longer than 2 hours. Customer service does not understand why it does work. I just want my $220.00

25 Most Recent H&R Block Complaints

Consumer Comments For H&R Block

• I have used H&R Block software for years and have been very pleased. This year for the first time I get a sales pitch for purchasing “ecards” adding 10% to my return amount, with a large green, always green. box that says check here to process return…and itty bitty bitty type under the box that lets you process your return to your bank account. I may be an old grandma but WTF! What admin idiot let some scam artist talk them into this BS. This is right with hidden banking fees, the cable company that charged me for NFL football, and the idiot that held funding for mamograms for race for the cure. I got all of them out of my money for this underhanded thievery and self serving abuse of a client base, and I can get rid of H&R Block too.

• What we’ve seen concerning tax preparer chain store client fees is they
    are at least double or more compared to our CPA fees for tax preparation
    and efiling. We have yet to find one client that was charged a fair and
    reasonable rate, and most have had errors on their returns. This is
    across the board whether it be individual or business. Also, many at
    these tax kiosks are date entry employees who don’t have proper
    knowledge for due diligence and the standards a CPA is required by law
    to adhere to. In our opinion, stay as far away from these chain stores
    as possible.

• My son went to H&R Block and had a short form done for his taxes. They didn’t give him a price up front and when it came time to pay they charged him $250.00 which I think is very high. Just a warning if you go to H&R Block.

• same thing with me. I had a simple return 1040, IT-40 west Virginia and schedule M that was it and they charged me $ 255.46 before I could even think they had my debit card and had charged me. Following this I had a major heart angina attack in my vehicle in the parking lot almost called 911. I called them upon returning home and they more or less said "Tough Luck" ! So I guess my heart meds will have to wait till next month to get filled and I get back less money than I did last year doing it myself. I would advise everyone to avoid this scam by H&R Block RIP OFFS

• cannot edit certain entries in the soft ware,namely property tax number

• I went to H&R block to have my taxes filled out as I have done for over 20 years..I went on JAn 30th together them filled out to find out that they could not file them till feb 14th.. And that i should have my return in 21 days…I called my local office in Calhoun ask to speak to a manager after calling several times I was able to speak to one who was not very nice and said that there was a problem with some of the forms that were filed with the IRS and I just have to be patient ! Well when I am paying them over $400 to (a tax expert) do my taxes you would think they would be a little more polite and informitive. I will be finding another TAX EXPERT…that want cost me $400.