H&R Block

SnapShot

Last Updated On: April 6, 2016

H&R Block Contact Information

Business Name: HRB Digital LLC.
One H&R Block Way
Kansas City, Missouri 64105 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 800-472-5625

H&R Block Ratings

H&R Block Reports

Most Recent H&R Block Complaints

Is H&R Block a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Tax Services Directory ListingHRB Digital LLC. Listing

I feel as though I've been ripped off

I was going to H&R Block office just for instant cash back cuz needed my cash and didn’t want to wait long weeks. This year I went there for same reason, 6 times we told the old man in the office we want cash back CASH BACK CASH BACK, he said ok, he said ok, they charged $275 and I have to pay that with my debit card.

Then I asked that old guy wheres my checks? He said ohh I am so sorry I made mistake and sent it normal way and cant reverse it too late? he said I should get the money within 10 days via direct deposit. Now its been 5 weeks still no money and I am in my overdrafts minus $400. I called h&r block head office and put a complaint about it through the phone, they said the district manager will contact me for refund of most charges. waiting 13 days now still nothing.

MAN THATS NOT NICE SEEMS LIKE THEY RIPPED ME OFF. I FEEL I WORK FOR NOTHING I DON’T HAVE NOW ANY MONEY FOR MY GROCERIES TO LOOK AFTER MY FAMILY EVEN I WORK HARD FOR LOW INCOME.

THATS NOT NICE THEY HAVE TO BE RESPECTFUL THIER CUSTOMERS AND APPRECIATE THEM OR REMOVE THAT BUSINESS. THEY LYING TO ME ON PHONE, NO-ONE CONTACTING ME. I DO HATE IT. GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS WORK TOO SLOW, LIFE IS EXPENSIVE AND THIS S**T.

H&R Block Р80 Regent st Fredericton, Canada

Most Recent H&R Block Reviews

Consumer Comments For H&R Block

• maga

I have used H&R Block software for years and have been very pleased. This year for the first time I get a sales pitch for purchasing “ecards” adding 10% to my return amount, with a large green, always green. box that says check here to process return…and itty bitty bitty type under the box that lets you process your return to your bank account. I may be an old grandma but WTF! What admin idiot let some scam artist talk them into this BS. This is right with hidden banking fees, the cable company that charged me for NFL football, and the idiot that held funding for mamograms for race for the cure. I got all of them out of my money for this underhanded thievery and self serving abuse of a client base, and I can get rid of H&R Block too.

• Sharon

What we’ve seen concerning tax preparer chain store client fees is they
    are at least double or more compared to our CPA fees for tax preparation
    and efiling. We have yet to find one client that was charged a fair and
    reasonable rate, and most have had errors on their returns. This is
    across the board whether it be individual or business. Also, many at
    these tax kiosks are date entry employees who don’t have proper
    knowledge for due diligence and the standards a CPA is required by law
    to adhere to. In our opinion, stay as far away from these chain stores
    as possible.

• Don

My son went to H&R Block and had a short form done for his taxes. They didn’t give him a price up front and when it came time to pay they charged him $250.00 which I think is very high. Just a warning if you go to H&R Block.

• diana bonnell

same thing with me. I had a simple return 1040, IT-40 west Virginia and schedule M that was it and they charged me $ 255.46 before I could even think they had my debit card and had charged me. Following this I had a major heart angina attack in my vehicle in the parking lot almost called 911. I called them upon returning home and they more or less said "Tough Luck" ! So I guess my heart meds will have to wait till next month to get filled and I get back less money than I did last year doing it myself. I would advise everyone to avoid this scam by H&R Block RIP OFFS

• jim

cannot edit certain entries in the soft ware,namely property tax number

• pierce

I went to H&R block to have my taxes filled out as I have done for over 20 years..I went on JAn 30th together them filled out to find out that they could not file them till feb 14th.. And that i should have my return in 21 days…I called my local office in Calhoun ask to speak to a manager after calling several times I was able to speak to one who was not very nice and said that there was a problem with some of the forms that were filed with the IRS and I just have to be patient ! Well when I am paying them over $400 to (a tax expert) do my taxes you would think they would be a little more polite and informitive. I will be finding another TAX EXPERT…that want cost me $400.