Robert Half Complaints & Reviews

Robert Half Ratings

Robert Half Reports

Most Recent Robert Half Complaint

Is Robert Half a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Staffing / Job Headhunter Directory ListingRobert Half International Inc Listing

Do not work for them

I was laid off in Jan 2015. I hustled hitting all the online job sites, all of the placement firms I could find, and mailed/emailed cold resumes to HR departments (I put 1000 miles on my vehicle in a week doing interviews and having meetings) and as a result I got my first Job offer in 72 hours. I declined for a number of reasons and in the next two weeks I had a number of other offers one being from Robert Half. At this point all of this went down on a Friday-Monday because at the time I got the job offer for a temp to hire Job from Robert Half. I had told a number of other companies I would give them an answer by Monday. When asked if I would accept the Job I told Robert Half that I was uncomfortable with the abnormally long six month temp to hire period and that other offers I had were direct hire and would provide me and my family insurance from day one (This was important because my wife has RA and I told them that). The person I spoke to said they would raise those questions and get back to me.

A couple of hours later I got a call back from Robert Half and was told that not only did the monetary offer increase but that the client wanted me so badly they would cut the temp to hire period from six months to a more normal three months. The representative further told me that Robert Half offered comprehensive insurance and gave me an impressive number as to what my full-time salary would be after the contract period. I asked them to send me some information on their health care plan and I would let him know Monday. Late Friday I got a .pdf for a healthcare plan that while it was a little expensive would be good to go for three months. On Monday I accepted the offer. With the background checks and paper work I actually started the following Monday.

The first problem I ran into was the health plan I was shown was sent to me by “accident”. That plan is one for full time Robert Half employees (read recruiters and managers), the plan for contractors was quite different – ultimately for employee plus family you get to pay nearly $500 a month for the right to pay $12,000 out of pocket before the plan pays for anything. The second problem I ran into was the contract was never shortened and was in truth a full six months. Lastly not only was the transition salary not what they told me, but they had told the company I was working for that my on-boarding salary would be less than what Robert Half was paying me (I have seen the letters and Emails) so while being on boarded I actually took a pay cut.

In closing Robert Half got very lucky in that once at my current job I really liked both it and the people or I would have explained to management exactly why and Left. In the end if you want to work for a company that treats you like property, will lie to you in order to get you to do what they want, and ultimately leaves you high and dry then Robert Half is a good fit. If that isn’t for you please do yourself a favor and stay away.