Vivint Home Security Reviews

Vivint.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: December 12, 2016

Vivint Home Security Contact Information

Business Name: Vivint Inc.
4931 North 300 W

Corp Website: vivint.com

Vivint Home Security Ratings

Vivint Home Security Reports

Most Recent Vivint Home Security Complaints

Is Vivint Home Security a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Security Services Directory ListingVivint Inc. Listing

Vivint Damaged My Home

Vivint sent out a new employee who was not trained named Mr. Sims who did not know what he was doing. He put holes into my kitchen wall and all my doors about 8 months ago (7 holes in all) and they are deep holes. This company told me they would send someone to fix them and to date, they still have not done so. The monitor loses connection to some windows and the garage. But the most important of all is that Mr. Sims caused some serious damage to the wires connected to the monitor and he had damaged and cut the wires. They sent a second employee out to my home and both Mr. Hernandez and I could see that the wires are cut and were put back in to the wall (still cut) close to the monitor and I am so afraid that a spark could ignite while I am sleeping.

This company will not work with me and they keep on telling me it is my responsibility to hire an electrician to take the monitor off the wall and take pictures. I asked them to tell me if Mr. Hernandez had spliced together those cut wires and they will not tell me. They offered me about $800.00 but I told them I cannot fix all the destruction that they caused. I do not think that the amount they offered will be enough, especially all the worry and peace of mind I feel that has been robbed from me from a Security company. I had to buy metal bars to put under the door knobs because Mr. Sims drilled all the holes on the wrong side of all my doors and the sensor would not work unless the door was pushed all the way open. Now Mr. Hernandez supervisor named Joe, was very abusive to me and nasty and refused to help me. He told me that he was closing the case. So I sent an e-mail to the CEO, Mr. Todd Pedersen and I am just getting the run-around like when Mr. Jolley sets up appointments to talk (and why do they still need to talk when they need to correct their employees damage to my home?) and then Mr. Jolley stood me up, waiting for a phone call that will not come. He keeps on telling me the reason why we miss each other is “he step away from his phone” or “it never went to voice mail” and no one picks up it just rings and rings. We set up an appointment to talk and for him to call me on my house phone, but he does not call.

It is so wrong for this company to cause all this damage along with the electrical damage and expect a good customer to provide the burden of proof. I watched Mr. Hernandez take pictures of the cut wires only for him to say that his IPhone broke and therefor he did not turn in the pictures of the cut wires that he pulled out of the wall. Rather he chose to replace those cut wires back into the wall and deleted the pictures and now they want me to do their job for them. If he did fix those wires, then they need to prove to me that they are fixed and stop pretending that nothing was damaged in the first place. These people are going out of their way to frustrate me and do not care how fearful I am that a spark could happen. It is just shameful that Vivint behaves as if they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Please can you help me to get this Vivint Company to do right by their customer?

I am not asking for the moon and stars, just for them to do what’s right and back up their work. I did not cause the damage and I do not know how to go forward, they need to be honorable and take care of the damage that they caused. I just cannot understand the cold hearts knowing how fearful I am going to sleep at night praying that a fire would not start. I sent my complaints to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and also to the FTC and to the Attorney General of Texas, (not to mention a few News stations). I will not stop until I get full satisfaction or every single dime refunded and celebrate when they remove their equipment.

15 Most Recent Reviews About Vivint Home Security

More About Vivint Home Security

Additional Contact Info: Principal: Mr. Alex Dunn (President), Customer Contact: Mr. Nathan Wilcox (General Counsel), Mr. Josh Houser (VP Inside Sales), Mr. JT Hwang (CTO), Ms. Kristi Knight (VP Communications)

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Vivint Home Security

• Vicente Torrez

vivint is the worst my wife signed with out me and it turned out to be a 48 month contract so now they want the rest of the 2 1/2 years worth up front to cancel service. They are idiots stay away

• Gary johnson

This is a unbelievable
    Company lied to get me to sign contract door to door cold call told them I was in a rental home said no problem bought a home got out of rental. Sold home lost income due to the turndown in the oil field moved into rental an they have no mercy sales lied on neighbor hood breakends I cant believe I fell for it

• 1 pissed off customer

I had the WORST service in my life! not only was the salesman a LIAR but was also promised me that I was not going to get charged for the1st TRAIL month but that was not the case these people from the Salesman to the on the phone service agents, they were quick to get my money but when I wanted to cancel they gave me a hard time saying I couldn’t cancel reason being that I went over the 30 days BS!!! I had 2 days to cancel !!! STAY AWAY FROM them. Sean was the Sales Rep no integrity in each of these people. Over priced and messy techs!!! And not to mention they were suppose to get me out of my ADT contract that never happened so guess what I have to pay the cancelation fee!!!! This company has no morals or dignity.

• Carey

We cancelled our services in February and they keep taking out the money from our account even though we have asked them 10 times to cancel it. What can we do?

• nola

Call your bank and have them do a stop payment it will probably cost you like it did me 31.00 but it’s worth it
      Or.. you may have to totally close your account with your bank and open a new one
      What a horrible company!!!

• Shirley Damonte

I was putting my house up for sale and moving to another. I was concerned about leaving the house empty so I told the Vivint salesman that I was looking at 6 months to a year. He told me they offered “2 years, 3 years, sissa months” ( he had a heavy accent) I told him 6 months was perfect, and I could renew if needed. He entered 6.0 on the written contract. When I sold the house and called to cancel, I was told it was for 60 months and there is no way I can cancel!!!!! I have been paying $65.00 a month now for over 4 years.

• David Baines Valley Sr.

Very dishonest company and their employees, they will tell you any lie to get your business.

• Noble9

Pushy salesmen came to my door “not selling anything”.

• MG

Please,
    please heed the warnings on Vivint. Vivint
    Inc. is an unethical company. Their salespeople
    are trained to be deceitful and specialize in preying on the elderly. My parents live on Maui, are in their
    eighties and had a perfectly good, operational burglar alarm. The clean cut, fast talking Vivint salesman
    seemed nice and reputable, but he turned out to be a classic scam artist. After softening them up by scaring them with
    talk of “nearby” burglaries, the sleazy peddler went into high gear explaining
    all the bells and whistles of the “absolutely free” Vivint burglar alarm. Vivint was very speedy in disconnecting the
    previous burglar alarm. Unfortunately,
    the system they put in DID NOT WORK!
    After repeated phone calls to the salesman, “customer service” and
    Vivint corporate, I was told they needed an electrician to do some work so the
    alarm would be functional. In the
    meantime, my parents were scared to death to leave their home, which was now
    uncovered by a burglar alarm due to Vivint.
    Vivint promised an electrician, but when no one appeared, the Vivint rep
    wanted my parents to find an electrician themselves! An electrician contacted by Vivint told my
    Mom that they wouldn’t work for Vivint based on the very poor online
    reviews. Imagine
    a company that sells a non-operational burglar alarm, then tries to get the
    customer to solve the problem! Calling
    Vivint is useless because no one will do anything but transfer you to another representative. They will not allow you to speak to a
    supervisor. You only get the run-around
    with Vivint. And the “free” system? Not so free.
    My parents are on the hook for $69 per month for 60 months! Even charged them $100 for installation. If something goes wrong with the system, they
    have to pay $49 for a service call. No
    getting out of the contract. My parents
    are on the hook for 5 years. If they
    need to leave the home due to declining health or sell their house, they are still
    on the hook for 60 months. My heart
    bleeds for my parents. After working
    hard for 80 years, they get taken advantage of by a scam artist trained by an
    unethical company. Protect yourself and
    your family by totally avoiding Vivint!

• Doug

Great company my whole family has Vivint and has it for around 8 years. Love this company. Always helpful and NO complaints what so ever. Their employees are always nice and helpful if I ever have a question which is very rarely. Total 5 star company. Wouldn’t go with any other security company.

• jangel

I had a system installed on 3/28. That was almost three weeks ago. It never worked properly from the start. I put in multiple requests for service. They stated the first available was in December. My last call was elevated to a manager. I did get the service appointment moved up to June 6th. Wow, that’s much better. I only have to wait two months to get a service appointment for my system that is supposed to be providing security for the life and safety of my family. I do not recommend this company to anyone. In fact I recommend you run from it.

• Vivint Tampa

Beware indeed! In 2015-March, the company Vivint (a sales manager and approx. 5 sales trainees) were canvassing our Tampa, FL neighborhood this past week. Their goal being to sell wireless home security systems, by admittedly and openly stealing customers from ADT. They specifically stated that they approach homes with visible ADT signage on the lawn such as I display.

Long story short, the sales manager was telling me and other prospective customers that specific neighbors has already signed a contract with him … obviously hoping to provide confidence and gain a actual sale. His mistake was assuming that said neighbors did not know each other when, in fact, we were friends AND were sharing details about the salesman’s NUMEROUS, repeat visits to EACH of our homes DESPITE our saying we were not interested. More importantly, not only was Vivint blatantly lying about who had already signed a contract with him … he was also using scare tactics by claiming that ADT was failing to protect us and how he “could circumvent our alarm system in a matter of minutes”.

In the end, the Sheriff’s department was called and the entire Vivint crew were removed from the community (1) on grounds of harassment as well as (2) the “no solicitation” clause within our deed-restricted community. The sheriff had also asked the salesman to produce the non-existent contract which Vivint claimed gave him the right to be back on our properties.

There are many reports of such deceptive sales practices for Vivint, on RipOffReport website as well as on Glassdoor (by employees confessing to being forced to lie to attain sales). My neighbor and I (as mentioned in the story above) even posted our feedback on the PissedConsumer website and ABCActionNews but within 2 days discovered those posts to have been completely removed from that public complaint website. Clearly, Vivint is collaborating with various complaint websites.

Tampa and other city residents need to be aware of Vivint’s scams and sales tactics – such that were exemplified during my and neighbor’s personal experience this past week, as I outlined above.

As of 2015-March, I called my ADT to inform them that Vivint visited my door (and which I considered a scam sale). ADT immediately transferred me to their Loyalty Department who made 3 very decent offers – one of which would upgrade my system to use GSM instead of the house line at NO COST. The other two offers greatly competed with Vivint’s offers.

As anyone should know, any company who comes door-to-door, and tells you that you MUST sign a contract that SAME day (or next day at latest), such as Vivint is doing … is a SCAM. No legitimate company does this door-to-door scare tactic crapola.

• Becky Gaurhier

I’m taking them to court. this stinks

• Becky Gaurhier

I was told I had a 2 year contract, now they are saying I have a 4 year contract and there is no way to get out of it. I told the salesmen I would not sign a 4 year contract. Now, bam. I never agreed to this and have a witness. This is just wrong. they want me to pay over 1000 to get out of something I never agreed to.

• scobbie

For all those who are having issues with Vivint, who are billing improperly billed, who need a NOC (notice of cancelation) and ACH revoke authorization letter (to stop Vivint pulling money from your accounts) you need to read this article "how to cancel Vivint and file a complaint"

Share the info, on Facebook, twitter, with your friends and family.

• TMR

I have been overcharged for Vivint services. I keep being called about a January bill that Vivint says they did not get. I pay Vivint directly through my banks bill pay. The bill was paid. My wife called Vivint and was told to send the electronic confirmation of the payment made from the bank and to send it to support@vivint.com. I in turn sent the last 7 months proof of payment (Sep 2013 – Mar 2014) to the support address. To no evail I keep getting calls from Vivint asking me where the January payment is. These people are either stupid or are trying to rip me off. I am now getting my bank to do an investigation. It is unfortunate as I like the service but I am not going to pay twice for a service. After looking at the overcharging complaints, and there are plenty. It is very obvious to me that Vivint is in the business of overcharging, me included.

• Lilouti KHan

Vint account number 810857, we signed a 5 year contract on june 4th 2008 the 5 years are up all paid, I requested a discontinue of service by phone, they said I hav e to sell the security system to anoth er person, since they they are in violation of contract we will sue on TV judge. Elijah Buxton said we are now on a monh to month contract completed June3rd 2013 last payment should be MARCH 2013 , Some one not a fraud stopped payment , but Elijh restarted payment.. we live on a busy corner so we will put up signs on the corner o let our neighbors know all about vivint security. Thanks for listening,

• cord

Change your account/credit card so they cannot bill you. Resend the signed written cancellation notice (which includes the AR#) you emailed/faxed/mailed 30 days prior to the renewal date.

• Crowxton

Security is essential fact of our daily life. It makes our life safety and risk free. I think making our assets safety everybody should receive service from security experts like as Vivint Security. Thanks!

• Jimmy

So now we have heard from the non english speaking vivint employee.