Perry Homes Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Houston, Texas 77017 USA

Corp Phone Number: 800-247-3779
Corp Website: perryhomes.com

Perry Homes Ratings and Reports

There Are Currently No Ratings.

Latest Perry Homes Complaint Filed

Perry Homes Buyer be ware!

We purchased a Perry home in Lake Shore on Feb. 2, 2012 that was on the ground and had not sold thinking we had one of our two homes sold. Our deal fell through days before closing. In order for us not to lose our deposit, we purchased a second home in Summer Wood that was just started, but Perry wanted another $2,000 earnest money. We had to go to the design center and chose colors and options totaling another $11,260.75 and were required to pay half upfront.

We did sell our home that we are currently living in, but 4 days prior to closing the buyers contract fell through. We are grandparents raising three grandchildren needing a larger home and are very budgeted. We are now out over $8,630.00 less a check from Perry for $1,000.00. We purchased our home for $247,761.00. They now have it for sale for $269,900.00. So from my calculations they instantly make $22,139 by increasing the price of the home plus the standard 30% profit on the $247,761.00 totaling Around $74,761.00 plus $22,139.00 from the price increase = $96,900.00 less the 3% commissions to sales rep ($8,600) for profits of around $87,400.on one house sold.Less the $1,000. sent back to me.

I can understand the reasoning for the earnest money & upgrades moneys. However if money is not lost on the home sale, I would think that the moneys would be returned to the buyer. Not with Perry.

They profited very largely from our misfortune.

More Perry Homes Complaints File a NEW Complaint View Comments

Is Perry Homes a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Perry Homes

Click To Search For Perry Homes Complaints

Consumer Comments For Perry Homes

• I wish that I read your post before we signed a contract with Perry Home. We currently has home build in South Lake subdivision in Pearland, TX area and the problem is they sell the lot to us and that lot is really close the power line (I mean a big steel line not a wood power line) that power line is 150 feet away to our future back yard). We started realized it when other houses next to us start building. I don’t feel safe if my future house really close to that thing especially how come my son can play in the backyard. Since they did not do any works on the lot (Not even the foundation) we called Perry and asked to change the lot, and they said we will lose our 10,000 down payment. My coworker and the legal counselor from my company suggest me that I should hire a lawyer to get 10,000 back. I can never imagine that Perry Homes will build house too close the BIG power line like that. Such a night mare

• We just bought a $300,00.00 Perry Home and didn’t notice the lines, seams, and sloppy paint work on the walls and ceilings. Not to mention the unveven tile accents. The walls are mismatch in terms of texture, dripping paint on doors and surfaces. I complained and complained but now my brand new house looks like a construction zone. The works don’t show up as scheduled and now I have to go back to corporate. I have not been able to enjoy my new home because I keep finding issues. I am not happy with this situation and I am thinking of taken more drastic action against Perry.

• I bought a perry home and had similar problems. Can you drop me an email at houstonguy1245@gmail.com so we can compare notes?

• All of which Perry Homes fixed. Recently we’ve had multiple walls & ceilings with seams and nail holes coming to the surface or popping out. bellevue real estates

• We purchased our first home with Perry Homes in 2007. We have had multiple issues over the 5 years such as:

faulty air conditioners – 2 of 2 units multi parts replaced (20 service calls in 6 months)

warped floors

shedding carpets

minor electrical issues

leaking pipes causing mold

re-occurring wall cracks

support bean shft

All of which Perry Homes fixed. Recently we’ve had multiple walls & ceilings with seams and nail holes coming to the surface or popping out. Perry Home had their drywall expert review the drywall problems. He stated the installation crew did not properly "float" the seams where two peices of drywall came together. I have "air bubbles" behind drywall tape and loose drywall tape in several areas. Seven of 13 rooms in my home has the same type of drywall issues. Despite their expert admitting poor drywall installation, Perry Homes refuses to fix the drywall. It’s an expensive fix to the tune of over $3,000. They would have to repair 2-story ceilings and walls. I am truly disappointed in Perry Homes. With spending over $250k on a home, I would expect better craftsman ship. I do not expect a perfect home but I do expect for this builder to fix what they know was installed wrong. Their defense is, out of warranty out of luck…..

I will never build another Perry Homes!