Perry Homes Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

File A New Complaint

Ratings Damage Reports For Perry Homes

Customer Loss Data

Consumer Ratings Data

There Are Currently No Ratings.
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Complaint About Perry Homes

Perry Homes Buyer be ware!

We purchased a Perry home in Lake Shore on Feb. 2, 2012 that was on the ground and had not sold thinking we had one of our two homes sold. Our deal fell through days before closing. In order for us not to lose our deposit, we purchased a second home in Summer Wood that was just started, but Perry wanted another $2,000 earnest money. We had to go to the design center and chose colors and options totaling another $11,260.75 and were required to pay half upfront.

We did sell our home that we are currently living in, but 4 days prior to closing the buyers contract fell through. We are grandparents raising three grandchildren needing a larger home and are very budgeted. We are now out over $8,630.00 less a check from Perry for $1,000.00. We purchased our home for $247,761.00. They now have it for sale for $269,900.00. So from my calculations they instantly make $22,139 by increasing the price of the home plus the standard 30% profit on the $247,761.00 totaling Around $74,761.00 plus $22,139.00 from the price increase = $96,900.00 less the 3% commissions to sales rep ($8,600) for profits of around $87,400.on one house sold.Less the $1,000. sent back to me.

I can understand the reasoning for the earnest money & upgrades moneys. However if money is not lost on the home sale, I would think that the moneys would be returned to the buyer. Not with Perry.

They profited very largely from our misfortune.

View Comments View More Perry Homes Complaints

Is Perry Homes a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

Perry Homes Reviews and Complaints

Click To Search For Perry Homes Complaints

User Thoughts About Perry Homes

4 thoughts on “Perry Homes

1. We just bought a $300,00.00 Perry Home and didn't notice the lines, seams, and sloppy paint work on the walls and ceilings. Not to mention the unveven tile accents. The walls are mismatch in terms of texture, dripping paint on doors and surfaces. I complained and complained but now my brand new house looks like a construction zone. The works don't show up as scheduled and now I have to go back to corporate. I have not been able to enjoy my new home because I keep finding issues. I am not happy with this situation and I am thinking of taken more drastic action against Perry.

2. We purchased our first home with Perry Homes in 2007. We have had multiple issues over the 5 years such as:

faulty air conditioners – 2 of 2 units multi parts replaced (20 service calls in 6 months)

warped floors

shedding carpets

minor electrical issues

leaking pipes causing mold

re-occurring wall cracks

support bean shft

All of which Perry Homes fixed. Recently we've had multiple walls & ceilings with seams and nail holes coming to the surface or popping out. Perry Home had their drywall expert review the drywall problems. He stated the installation crew did not properly "float" the seams where two peices of drywall came together. I have "air bubbles" behind drywall tape and loose drywall tape in several areas. Seven of 13 rooms in my home has the same type of drywall issues. Despite their expert admitting poor drywall installation, Perry Homes refuses to fix the drywall. It's an expensive fix to the tune of over $3,000. They would have to repair 2-story ceilings and walls. I am truly disappointed in Perry Homes. With spending over $250k on a home, I would expect better craftsman ship. I do not expect a perfect home but I do expect for this builder to fix what they know was installed wrong. Their defense is, out of warranty out of luck…..

I will never build another Perry Homes!