Maximum One Realty Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Based On: 2 Reviews / Complaints
Number Of Comments: 1 comment

Most Recent Complaint About Maximum One Realty

Beware of Nickol Langlois of Maximum One Realty

Nickol Langlois of Maximum One Realty should not be trusted if you want to buy a home. If you want the detailed story, keep reading. If you want the condensed version, skip to the last paragraph.

My wife and I met Nickol through a family member while we were shopping for our first home. She showed up almost two hours late for our first scheduled home viewing. She constantly told us she was “5 minutes away”. She continued to show up late to our other viewings and was not responsive to our attempts at contacting her. We gave Nickol a list of our requirements along with our budget, yet she repeated pushed way beyond our budget with the homes she showed us. My wife and I felt like she was only looking out for her own pocket book instead of having our best interest in mind. We finally found a home that we loved on a Saturday and asked her to submit the offer by Sunday evening so that the listing agent would have it on his/her desk the first thing on Monday morning. This was an REO home priced at a bargain and we knew competition would be fierce. My wife and I really loved this home. Nickol repeatedly promised us that she will have the offer submitted by Sunday evening the latest.

Monday rolls around. My wife and I try to contact her all day through email, text, her cell phone and her office phone but we could not reach her. Late Monday afternoon, I called the listing agent to see if an offer has been submitted on behalf of us and the listing agent said no. I finally contacted a friend who is also a Realtor (though she specialized in another part of town) to submit the offer for us. It submitted within an hour. Nickol finally contacted me at the end of the business day and told me that she was in closing all day but that she submitted the offer at 8 am earlier that morning (which is a lie). In the end, she did submit the offer for us but it was submitted Monday evening. She lied to me not knowing that I contacted the listing agent and personally asked if there was an offer submitted on behalf of my wife and I. However, this isn’t the end of my headache with Nickol.

I contacted Nickol on Monday evening and politely asked her to rescind the offer she made on behalf of us and she agreed. I contacted her again on Tuesday and reminded her that she needs to rescind the offer that was made through her and she asked me “Why should I do that?”. She told me that we were legally required to submit the offer through her. I had to remind her that we never signed a buyer/broker agreement. She finally agreed to rescind the offer and then hung up on me. Wednesday comes around and my friend calls me back informing me that the listing agent contacted her and was confused as to why there are two offers made on behalf of my wife and I. The listing agent said the bidding process can not proceed until one of these offers are rescinded. I scramble and contact Nickol again. I threatened to contact her management if she did not rescind my offer. She ignored me for hours before finally relenting and sending me a text informing me that she will rescind the offer and that I no longer needed to contact her again. It is Wednesday evening right now and I won’t find out until tomorrow morning whether she really rescinded the offer or not.

The bottom line is Nickol is an unreliable liar. She will not have your best interest in mind. If you want a real estate agent to work for you, do not work with her. During this whole process, I felt like I was working with an irresponsible teenager who procrastinated and lied in order to get what she wanted. Thank God I didn’t sign a buyer/broker agreement with her.

View Comments View More Maximum One Realty Complaints

Is Maximum One Realty a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options