Tate Publishing Reviews

Tate Publishing Ratings

Tate Publishing Reports

Most Recent Tate Publishing Complaints

Is Tate Publishing a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Publishing Services Directory ListingTate Publishing and Enterprises, LLC Listing

No Action To Contact Requests from Tate Publishing

I have called, emailed and tried on too many to mention occasions to reach Tate Publishing Marketing person in charge of my account. I never receive a call back or an email. I have a question about the royalty check which comes once a year and is always less than 1.00 on a book that sells for 23.99 in paperback. How is that when the contract says that my royalty on book sales is 15 percent. That equals 3.5985 in royalty on one book sale. The book is not offered in ebook format, but in hard cover at a higher cost. I received a 2016 Royalty on the book sales for 0.61. I don’t understand and wanted to have it explained though my contract, sections concerning royalty appears below and it is clearly specified.

On the Tate Publishing Site, here is the info on my book, including cost.

The Madman, The Marathoner The Life of Marathoner Donald P. McNelly by Juanita Tischendorf

“Don McNelly is the world record holder for the number of marathons completed over the age of eighty and is still going strong. This is his story.” 23.99 (paperback
Every author is assigned a Marketing Consultant (an industry expert) to assist in finding the right markets in which to sell in the retail bookstore market and beyond, maximizing every author’s reach and success.” Why can’t I get a call back or an email or any response from the Tate Publishing Marketing Department

On Page 3 and 4 of the contract it says, The Author shall be able to purchase, from the Publisher, for the Author’s personal use and sale only, copies of the Work at the reduced rate of 60 discount off the retail price of the Book. All sales are Final. The Author shall not be required to purchase any amount of Books from the Publisher at anytime. Shipping within the continental U.S. only is paid for by the publisher for all author purchases

SECTION II
Distribution and Royalty Schedule:
Agreement for Book sales between the Author and Tate Publishing, LLC:
Objectives: Tate Publishing, LLC intends to increase the Author’s Book sales by allowing Tate Publishing, LLC to distribute the Author’s Work with the Tate Publishing, LLC line of Books on behalf of the Author to bookstores, libraries, mass market, and other markets. This contract does not guarantee or suggest any specific sales volume of the Author’s Work. The Author’s Works will be warehoused, sold, invoiced, shipped, collected, and the Author’s funds will be remitted to the Author.

1. Tate Publishing, LLC shall be allowed to print the number of the Author’s Works, which they deem appropriate for distribution needs and shall pay for the production cost of those items as well as the
shipping to the distribution and wholesale warehouses.

2. Tate Publishing, LLC shall be allowed to keep in their company warehouse inventory the number of the Author’s Works which the Publisher deems appropriate for inventory.

3. The Publisher shall not be required to show or give cause or accounting as to how the Publisher’s investment and resources are used.

4. Revenues and reports. Tate Publishing, LLC will make available to the Author an accounting of sales, returns and collections for the preceding quarter in his or her regular royalty report as outlined in this contract. A charge may apply if the Author requests an accounting of sales outside of the royalty statement. As Tate Publishing, LLC, collects from its sales, the Author will be sent his or her portion of those collections:
a. The Author royalty from distribution sales shall be 15 percent of the sale price which shall be paid
quarterly to the Author by the end of the month following the previous quarter. All royalties will be paid to the Author upon receipt of funds by the Publisher from the purchaser.
b. From Tate Publishing’s warehouse, the Author will receive 40 percent royalty of the sale price of the Work which shall be paid quarterly by the end of the month following the quarter in which those sales occurred and when those funds have been received.
c. No royalty shall be paid to the Author on personal copies purchased for the Author’s personal use since the Author receives a 100 percent royalty from those sales.

5. Warehousing. Will be charged to and paid by Tate Publishing ,LLC, at the per copy rate on arrival plus the per copy rate per month thereafter.

6. Samples, Covers. Tate Publishing, LLC may send titles as samples for sales persons and wholesalers, buyers, media, listing agencies, etc. at Tate Publishing, LLC’s expense.

7. Ownership and Insurance. Ownership of inventory is the Publisher’s until sold. Insurance is required and is the responsibility of Tate Publishing, LLC. In the event of loss of inventory due to an insured loss, the insurance recovery payment shall be the sole property of the Publisher. The Publisher shall pay the Author a 40 percent royalty of the net recovery within thirty days of the receipt of those funds.
Miscellaneous:

8. The Author shall be able to purchase, from the Publisher, for the Author’s personal use and sale only, copies of the Work at the reduced rate of 60% discount off the retail price of the Book. All sales are Final. The Author shall not be required to purchase any amount of Books from the Publisher at anytime. Shipping within the continental U.S. only is paid for by the publisher for all author purchases.

Am I somehow misreading this section of my contract?

Most Recent Reviews About Tate Publishing

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Tate Publishing

• Charles

I had a book published by Tate in 2012. I followed sales on Amazon and other sources, and over the last couple years, after selling more than 1,000 copies of my book, I have only received less than $100.00 in royalties. Tate refuses to respond to my queries about my royalties. I definatly will not be using them for my next book.

• Mad as Hell

Everything bad that you read online about Tate Publishing is true. From the owners down to the employees lie. The recruiters will tell you anything to get you signed on and it’s down hill from there. I’m a Tate author and I’m ashamed to say that. An actual legit publisher is selective in picking authors. Tate will take anyone as long as the person has the money. They offered me a forever contract after I’d pain a huge fee. I no longer pay a fee to have my book published but the quality is so poor that it’s not worth the trouble. I am a serious writer. I work on my craft everyday for hours. I have every intention of making it in this industry but if I stay with Tate, I realize my dream of becoming an accomplished author will not happen. I’ve been asking Tate to let me out of my contract. They have yet to respond. I’m not even asking for my fee back. I have bought books from them and have not received my full order. They have shorted me of books, they have made promises of promoting and advertising my book over cable channels, they have promised that the fee goes toward my publicist and will be refunded once I sell a thousand books. To my surprise, I find that the publicist lives in the Philippines and they do not have the education or training to qualify. Everything they have promised has been lie after lie. And whatever you do don’t demand that they correct mistakes because someone will go in and screw your book up worse because you had the audacity to complain. They are thieves in the night and will rob you of your bank account and your joy writing. I’m moving on and I’m taking my books with me! And they can kiss my… don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

• Howard Gardner

My second book “The Church and Terri Schiavo” received high acclaim from the Kennedy/Krieger Institute. They called it “a work of literary excellence.” YET it took Tate until nine months after her death to get it on the book shelves. By then she was out of the headlines. And even then they messed up the manuscript. I had asked them to update the number of abortions since Roe v. Wade from 40 million to 44 million and they changed it to 440 million. Rather embarrassing. Additionally I asked that they add a paragraph to the first chapter. They did but it was riddled with spelling errors.

• Harry Simpson

I recently filed a complaint on Tate and saw your complaint. You have outlined Tate’s practices effectively. Wish I had seen this before I used them.. I talked to Dr. Tate three times before agreeing to use them. He stated over and over that Tate was not what they actually ate – A Scam. Wish that these type of company owners would be punished. They are no different than a robber with a gun.
    Harry Simpson, Author

Doctor Tate and Mark Mingle
    23/1/2016
    I an very disappointed with this supposedly Christian company! I am familiar with self publishing companies that sell services, not books. Doctor Tate promised they were not one of those companies, but they are. They republished my book I Must Survive; which received all five star reviews from readers and critics. Their Marketing only is a program for authors to buy their own books at various discounts. No effort is actually made by them to sale books to the public. I did order my book from them on a three for one offer so I could do book signings, but their shipping is as bad as their other services. They play on authors who cannot get traditional publishing. I have obtained traditional publishing for my next two books, but wish there was away to punish these book scammers. Authors just want to get their books sold and instead fall prey to companies that take advantage of their lack of marketing knowledge. Do not use this company or you will soon be writing a complaint.
    Author Harry Simpson

• Christian D. Roldan

Hey Harry, my dream is to one day be a Christian author. I was wondering how does someone get traditional publishing? I would appreciate if you could respond. God bless you.

• Debra Given

2/10/1016
    To Tate Publishing/Mark Mingle,

I just want Tate Publishing to stop distributing and selling
    my books and DOWNLOADS with no contract. It has been nearly a year since I
    cancelled my contracts for “The Elder Effect” and “Vital Perception.” I receive
    no royalties! I called several times, sent e-mails, and even a certified letter
    requesting the total of books that Tate Publishing had on hand. The contract
    stated that I had the option to purchase them upon cancelation of my contracts.
    Since they never returned my calls I am led to believe that they are printing
    them as needed. There is no excuse to be selling the Kindle version! To be
    honest, there couldn’t have been enough sales to jeopardize the reputation of
    the company. So why are they doing it?
    I don’t know what else to do when they refuse to speak with me. I was polite through the entire process and see no reason they would not want to call me back. I just want to count my losses and move on.

I also have my doubts about the promised commercial aspects
    and honesty regarding royalty payments, but that is history.
    My contract stated that Tate Publishing would return my files. I’m still waiting on them. I also asked, in the form of a formal inquiry, if I could keep the cover art. After all, I did pay dear for the entire process and any services that I did receive. I re-published them with new covers using the last copy of the manuscript that I had. It took me months to go through the manuscripts to make them as perfect as I could since they would not return my files and edited versions. Since Tate Publishing will not call me back, I am asking them to stop selling both of my books, distributing them, or selling the Kindle version.

It is sad that this is the only way I can contact your
    company. I only hope that you read this and take care of the problem.
    Sincerely, Debra Given (D. L. Given) RE: The Elder Effect and Vital Perception

• C. Durant

I had my suspicions with my first book after it was published. Like so many, I believed they were the real deal. And, after all, they did abide by my contract, that was 8 years ago. I recognized then that, even though I was satisfied, I was dealing with a vanity press and not the traditional publisher which I mistakenly took them for. Yes, I can see where an anxious author can be duped by underhanded publishing companies. Unfortunately, I didn’t listen to my instinct and because my first experience was a good one, I decided to give them another go because having to self-publish myself was not possible for various reasons. I was able to negotiate the price with Tate, but to my surprise the quality was not equal to the first book. It has been a disappointing experience this time around and I will not do another book with them.

• Patrick

I just wanted to and my voice to the mix. I to fell for the scam Tate is selling. All the things people have mentioned are happening to me. I did call the OK Attorney General and spoke with Agent Fullbright (405) 521-3921. I encourage anyone with a complaint against Tate to call the agent was very helpful.

If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Tate I am willing to the the contact point. Let me know at euwlaw@sbcglobal.net.

• Charlie

I am experiencing the same problems. I think after awhile folks would pull together and draw up a class action suit against this company. It is a federal offense to offer services, receive payment and not provide those services promised. Breach of contract, folks! But here’s what to do. Forget the royalties. Forget any promises. They are experts on how to skirt around answering direct questions and making commitments. We won’t even discuss getting paid. Instead use them for what they do do. First, never pay them the first offer. Negotiate. The editing may not be the best, but it is better than nothing. Get your manuscript in the best shape possible. It helps to brush up on your grammar. Always check after the editor’s work. They’re human too. Mistakes happen. Fight them for a decent book cover. Don’t let them cheat you out of a good one. They will give you a professional book cover if you insist. Never back down. Push for what you want. Don’t sign anything until you are happy. Then when you get your book, take that book door to door, call local bookstores and get your own book signings. The only publicist you have is yourself. Do whatever you have to to get your book out there. Sell it out of the trunk of your car! Get it in circulation. Look for a literary agent. Don’t give up. Be ware! This company will take anyone’s writing as long as they can collect a large sum of money. They will feed you a dream that isn’t real. Before you take this leap, take an honest look at yourself and ask… do I have what it takes to be a writer. This industry is tough. Loads of writers out there that are talented and can’t get a break into this market. Be honest… take a hard look at yourself and ask… do I have talent to write? If you don’t… please don’t waste your money on a dream that will only disappoint. This company feeds on folks who are not equipped or talented enough to become an accomplished author. But if you do have what it takes… then be prepared to work… and work hard. Writing is a lot of sleepless nights making you into a recluse. It can be an obsession taking over your life. If you want to be a writer then use what this company does offer and use it to your advantage. Once you get your book out there look for other publishers. It’s best to find a literary agent that will promote your book. Get it known, keep improving your work and write write write… you will succeed.

• Fran Robinson

Man, WHAT ARE TALKING ABOUT???!!!!!!! Have you read all of complaints here on this page; they are complaints of the past (most prior to your post)!!! We have all been there done that!!! I am also a Novelist who entrusted my all (where my book is concerned) to this Fraudulent company but all you’re going to do is frustrate everyone even more giving advice to what has already happened. Look, I have had books ordered in bulk or just a few here and there; to no avail, getting this company to comply, is like pulling teeth!!! A very dear associate of mines placed an order of over a thousand dollars worth of my books; we both had to call to get the orders out – I finally had to send an email burdening their conscious to finally get the books shipped!!!!! Since almost 5 months ago, I still have not seen a royalty check!!! There was a small order about 1 month ago that I placed for my signing and customer requests – I still have no books… It’s so obvious that Tate Publishing is ran by a bunch of Wicked theives; nevertheless, we will have to continue to pray for God’s Grace for he upholds the righteous. Here is just one (very powerful) of many of God’s promises when it comes to Dishonest gain:

6. Proverbs 20:18 Bread obtained by falsehood is sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel…

I agree, Tate Publishing should be brought into court and dealt with accordingly & they will!!! I forwarded emails to every contact that I have who works for this company a list of bible verses that reflects how God deals with this kind of blatant behavior. I am sending a message that I am going to stand on God’s promises – he will fight this battle for me!!!

• Truth

I appreciate your reply. Yes, folks have been taken advantage of by these scoundrels. Tate gives self publishing and traditional publishing a bad name.

What I was trying to convey is that if a person has already paid Tate for serves such as editing and other various means, to take what Tate does offer and run with it. Beat them at their own game. Take back your power and use Tate for what you can and then get out. Although, getting out seems to be a huge problem. It seems Tate disappears when a person request to be released from a contract.

That being said, if they are fraudulent then the contract has already been broken and if that is a fact, the contract has no worth. Tate really isn’t interested in the contracts. If they were I think they’d be more mindful of their promises under contract. For example their promise to advertise. Yeah, right!

Until recently, I only order a small order of books. I usually get all my books. The problem though is that it takes months to deliver. And that’s not even the icing on the cake. There are so many problems with this company that it is hard to list all the insurmountable issues. Besides not following through with promises, their employees make tons of mistakes and it is like pulling teeth to get anyone to correct the errors.

In the bible Jesus spoke of a foundation. If there are flaws in the foundation, then the whole house has flaws. I think this applies to Tate. The problem begins with the owners and trickles down to the employees. The owners have their employees sign a confidentiality contract. In that contract the employees are not permitted to divulge secrets of the operation of the company. Deception runs deep and didn’t Jesus warn against sheep in wolf’s clothing?

If it sounds too good to be true… most likely it isn’t. We have all fallen for Tate’s BS. We get what we need from them or we stop buying the books and find another avenue to publish our work. I don’t know about you but I’m not taking their BS lying down. I’ll take from them what I need and then I’m out. Stop giving them your money! Change your credit card info that way they can’t steal your money. Be smart! Use them for what they have and then cut the cord.

Bottom line, they lie about, advertising, promotions, publicist etc… When do we know when Tate is lying …. when they open their mouth. We know they are a scam. The best thing is to leave them alone and find other means in publishing your book. In the meantime, keep looking for a well established publisher. Self publishing isn’t a bad idea either. Don’t let these thieves rob you of your dreams. Believe in yourself and push back.

I’m sorry Fran. I was trying to help folks see that they can make lemonade from a lemon. Thanks again for your response.

@Deborah Tadema
    You are not the only one they have scammed. Contact the OK Attorney General to register your claim and potentially be reimbursed (405) 521-3921. Ask to speak to Agent Fullbright

I am sick to my
    stomach having ever been associated with Ryan Tate and Tate Publishing. I was one of 8 Book Acquisition
    representatives for about 3 years at Tate Publishing. It started off as a great noble cause and
    much like the authors that are drawn to Tate Publishing, I was excited to be
    working for a Christian company who from the outside seemed accountable.

I’m writing today
    because as my employment at Tate Publishing grew, I was exposed to the ugly
    truth of Tate Publishing. Tate
    Publishing is a company built around smoke and mirrors. Ryan and Richard rely on that tactic through
    their internal hiring process and in turn through the acquisition process of
    selling to an author. Tate Publishing is
    the worst kind of Vanity Press in the business, they sell authors on the
    perception that they are a “Traditional” publisher but that is not
    the case at all. They sell authors that
    only a single percentage of manuscripts are chosen and that is not the case at
    all. They smere that number by taking
    the percentage of submissions that actually pay Tate Publishing money and count
    that as “accepted” when in fact a contract goes out to 99.5% of every
    manuscript that is submitted to Tate. If
    you are an author and if you receive a contract from Tate Publishing. Don’t
    feel special, everyone receives a contract.

Most authors appreciate Tate Publishing through the acquisition process. But again Tate is “selling”
    something so of course they are nice.
    Once your money has been received Ryan Tate could care less if an author
    takes another step forward. He has your
    money and the smoke and mirrors fooled one more.

The Publishing
    contract is a “snake oil” sales pitch from the start. I left the company when Tate Publishing
    changed the contract to state that authors were paying for marketing and
    publicity versus publishing. That is the
    biggest lie of them all. Once authors
    books are publishing the Director of Marketing Mark Mingle directs his staff
    not to answer any author calls or emails unless they are contacting their rep
    to purchase books. Once your book is
    published you will receive an email PR blast that goes to general email
    addresses that do not matter. You will receive a weak book trailer and Tate
    Publishing makes up impression numbers to try and impress the author. Tate Publishing’s marketing department is the
    biggest joke of the Tate Publishing contract.
    They are only there to sell authors their own product and their goals
    are set monthly on doing so. Currently
    the Tate Publishing marketing department monthly goal is $410,000.

I’m writing today to warn potential authors to
    look elsewhere, anywhere else… Tate Publishing does not and can not live up
    to what they promise up front and in their contract. If you are a current Tate author you need to
    contact the Oklahoma Attorney Generals office and register your complaint:
    405-522-2801.

They have received
    an overwhelming number of complaints from authors who have been swindled by
    this publishing wolf lying in sheep’s clothing. Also Key Marketing which is
    supposed to be a third party Publicity firm working on behalf of Tate authors “IS”
    in fact Tate Publishing. Seriously, Tate
    Publishing is one lie after another feeding on first time authors.

• Robert Waid

Guys, file a complaint with the Oklahoma Attorney General http://www.ok.gov/oag/ and file a small claims case at http://www.canadiancounty.org/index.aspx?NID=1066 for 50-100$ – Well worth it to get back you 4000-6000$

• Trudy

Tate is a notorious vanity operation and is on Writer Beware’s “Thumbs Down list. Real publishers PAY their writers. Tate just takes all their money while waving the flag and posing as Christian. Just Google search their name + “ripoff” for an education in slime. They outsourced editing to the Philippines because the English-is-a-second-language “editors” there work cheap. I’m sorry you were ripped off. The rule for writers is “Money always flows TOWARD the writer. The only place a writer signs a check is on the back.” Any place that wants your money for any reason is a scam, even when they claim to be Christian. They USE that to rip people off.

If you want to see the real Ryan Tate — the fake PhD’s son– Google “Ryan Tate rant fires 25 employees.” He claimed it was a lie they were outsourcing to the Philippines, claimed someone had “leaked the memo” — he likely did that himself — worked into a rage, and fired everyone. See for yourself how professional that nut cake is.

Avoid scammers. Go to “Preditors and Editors” to find who’s a real commercial publisher and who’s a thief.

• Angie Cox

I am also in a very similar situation with these people. They claim to send out press releases, none sent, all and I mean all marketing has solely been done by myself. They claim that your book will also be in book stores, not true. The amount of lies they tell you is disgusting. On my second book I was going to get help from their Ghost writers who are wonderful I signed a contract and paid $6000 on Dec 26 2013. No one even got back to me to even start the project until the middle of April 2014 at which point I had pretty much finished the book myself. In the GhostWriting Contract it states if no work has been done I am entitled to a full refund. I have been trying to get this refund since April but instead I got a nasty email from Mr.Tate who calls himself Dr.Tate (he does not have a PH D). I have Lawyer involved now. Oh their lawyer that they are using has a hotmail account as his Attorney At Law email, found this funny. I too would love to be involved in a class action suit against them. Companies like this need to be shut down to stop them from stealing and lying to innocent people. My book is about child abuse and one of their employees lied about being abused just so he would get my trust to buy more books and then Mr. Tate said the same kind of thing, not sure if that is true but he sure did not treat my book and cause for child abuse with any empathy, especially that he knew that I am giving 20% of my profits to children of abuse charities. How dare they call themselves a Christian Company. They should never mix our Lord and Saviour with their name. We all need to stop them.

• GregAtkinson

Please contact me at greg(at)gregatkinson(dot)com. I feel your pain.

I do agree with Greg…
        Angie, You are not the only one they have scammed. Contact the OK Attorney General to register your claim and potentially be reimbursed 405 521 3921. Ask to speak to Agent Fullbright

• Kevin M. Kelley

Hi. My name is Kevin Kelley. I just wanted to send you a quick message about Tate Publishing. I submitted a manuscript to them about a year ago after finding them in the Christian Marketing Guide by Jerry Jenkins. I know a lot of people make a big deal about the $4k up front, but considering the stuff they are supposed to contribute as per the contract (illustrations, marketing, publicity, etc.) it seemed like a fair deal. FF to today. My book was released on 4/22/14. After 2 months of pre-order availability on Amazon.com, B&N, and other national distributors I found out that B&N is pulling my book off their inventory list because of “distribution issues with the publisher.” Amazon estimates shipping at 4 months… So here I am – the author with only a handful of flimsy paperbacks that won’t hold up to more than 3-4 readings, none of my hardbacks have arrived (ordered nearly 5 months ago), and B&N has pulled my books due to distribution issues. I’m either experiencing the worst isolated case of incompetence ever or there is grounds for a national class action lawsuit. Sad that Tate has taken the name of Christ and slathered it all over their company in order to prostitute themselves for personal profit and not the advancement of the Kingdom of God. Is it any wonder with conduct like this from so-called “Christians” that people everywhere see Christians as hypocrites and atheism as the most viable worldview?

• Mpeterson

Why would Tate offer a contract to someone who is not any good in the first place. If you cant find someone to back you all the way its always a scam. Get a real publishing deal. Tate just afford me a recording publishing contract the first thing the so called A and R person seed in the email he sent me (chuckle) was he was sorry he didn’t have time to call me in person (red flag) so he sent me a copy of there (services) whoops my bad I mean contract for my (lawyer) dad nab-it i mean for me to look over and sign. There are literally thousands of companies set up to take money from people who thank they are the (greatest) really that’s the oldest con in the book. Flattery will get you everywhere. I have yet to find one company out there that will get behind a talent and believe in it with there pocket books. How much money would it cost to place one book or Cd in all the major outlets in our nation alone(?) another red flag do you really think that for a measly 5 grand that someone is going to do a real national promotion including TV, Radio, Live appearances and distribution? There is so much talent out there yet only a hand full even get a real shot at fame every year. My spelling and gamer suck and I don’t have to (apoligise) to anyone about it

• Robert Johnson

I would rate Tate with a "U" — unsatisfactory, and would like to speak with others who are also unhappy with them. If I am to believe what Tate avers, I must believe that thousands of TV ads generated sales of only about 5 copies of my book. Also, I find it incredible that my book is not to be found in one Christian bookstore in the entire country. It’s available online at Amazon and a couple of other places, but there is not one hard copy in any bookstore anywhere.

• Matt

I signed with tate publishing and received very little support. When I filed complaint with the BBB, it didn’t work either. I simply asked for my refund and they said that they wouldn’t be "able to do that". My book was never edited past the first chapter, the marketing made very little phone calls, (4 calls in one month), I was told they have "1000s" of authors and they cannot always "tend to all of them". I was very disappointed with Tate publishing. As a former missionary who believes in being a blessing to others, I find it hard that Tate publishing’s morals match those of one who seriously considers the Bible and it’s teachings. When I received the "counter" from my complaint through BBB from Tate, over half of the staff that was supposed to be working on my book didn’t even answer my questions and complaints. I forgive and forget, but this one time, I wanted to just let those know what happened to me during my experience with Tate. I pray for those who have gone through the same process as I did, but I congratulate those who were successful.

• Robert Johnson

You’re too kind. These people profess to be Christians …so does Obama, btw. However, their behavior is anything but Christian. There is a New Testament injunction against Christians suing each other. Tate takes advantage of that to the max. They ought to be sued for lying, malfeasance, unethical behavior in general, and failure to provide proof that they have done anything for which they were paid our hard earned money. I have just written them off instead. Live and learn. They don’t have to answer to me, but I would not like to be one of them on judgment day. ” Vengeance is mine, ” says the Lord, “I will repay.” ……………and He will someday. Tate will get from the Lord what they richly deserve. Naturally, I can’t post this response all of a sudden …and internal service error. LOL

• I know Rosalyn

I’m wondering why Rosalyn is so upset with Tate Publishing. It could be that her book was awful. What Christian book uses cuss words in it. It is an immature writing style that has no imagination, anyhow. Mr. Mingle, I would not feel bad about Rosalyn’s book or her comments, as her character is as bad as her writing. She has a history of complaining on the internet for things she did not think through beforehand, whether purchasing products, services or now it seems a book contract. Ignore her she is unworthy of your concern.

• Robert Johnson

This is exactly what is WRONG with Tate Publishing. They publish anything …well-written or horrible!
      Had I realized this, I never would have gone with them. No wonder hardly any author’s book gets sold or read. Once it has a Tate label on it, it is automatically relegated to the garbage file by any honest distributor. Who is the world wants to promote junk …and junk is what Tate publishes as long as you can pay for their bogus fees.

• Cindy

I can not believe someone from the company (Mark Mingles) reads these and then responses back….weird & embarrassing.

• I know Rosalyn

Cindy: It’s called professionalism. You are probably just Rosalyn Zografos in disguise. I know your tricks. Stop trying to make others look bad when you are the one with unprofessional behavior.

• Max

Dear Satisfied Tate Customer,

Just wanted to point out to you that your use of the words "over night" are incorrect. The correct spelling is overnight – one word. Hope your book is proofread better than your Email!

Hello Satisfied Tate Customer, aka Tate Publishing is Aces —

Dare I believe you are that huge a chump to pay them for a second book before you discover that your first book will never go anywhere?

I thought I was a sucker. Whew, boy!

• Richard

That was unnecessary, evenn da best of writers gufe up from time to time. That is what spell check and a good editor is fur. Now you have something betur to pick on…. LOL

• Debra Barnard Franz

To Mark Mingle,

I have found over the years that people are quick to point fingers and not take responsibility for their part in failed endeavors.
    I wish I had the numbers that truly reflect the percentage of people that vent their not so legit. frustrations, disappointments and unfounded accusations VS.
    individuals that will take the time to sing praises greatly due the dedicated educators, medical professionals and array of service providers in our commerce.
    For when an experience is a good one, a great one, we are content and go forward with acceptance of met expectations. But when expectations (realistic or unrealistic) are not met, people are quick to take up arms and sling mud. (look at our last presidential campaign)
    Your rebuttal to the above is greatly warranted and appreciated.

Debra Barnard-Franz

my books and DOWNLOADS with no contract. It has been nearly a year since I
      cancelled my contracts for “The Elder Effect” and “Vital Perception.” I receive
      no royalties! I called several times, sent e-mails, and even a certified letter
      requesting the total of books that Tate Publishing had on hand. The contract
      stated that I had the option to purchase them upon cancelation of my contracts.
      Since they never returned my calls I am led to believe that they are printing
      them as needed. There is no excuse to be selling the Kindle version! To be
      honest, there couldn’t have been enough sales to jeopardize the reputation of
      the company. So why are they doing it?

I also have my doubts about the promised commercial aspects
      and honesty regarding royalty payments, but that is history.

My contract stated that Tate Publishing would return my
      if I could keep the cover art. After all, I did pay dear for the entire process
      to make them as perfect as I could since they would not return my files and
      edited versions. Since Tate Publishing will not call me back, I am asking them
      to stop selling both of my books, distributing them, or selling the Kindle
      version.

It is sad that this is the only way I can contact your
      company. I only hope that you read this and take care of the problem.
      Sincerely, Debra Given (D. L. Given) RE: The Elder Effect and Vital Perception

• Andre

Rosalyn, I too would like to join you and make a class action suit with Tate Publishing. Please provide your contact info so we can team together.

• Mark Mingle

Rosalyn,

I am not sure why you are choosing to make posts of this nature. We have provided every detail of the publishing contract you signed, and in my last phone conversation with you I explained we could still pursue more options for you. We have already run a national TV ad campaign for you reaching over 150,000 viewers, have made multiple contacts to the media on your behalf and provided the list of contacts to you, and have contacted bookstores and scheduled book signings for you, several of which, including at national chain stores like Barnes & Noble and Hastings, that you cancelled and did not attend once we had confirmed they would host you. It takes years, not months, to achieve success in the publishing business, and we see it every day with authors that stay the course and follow our plan. I am sorry you did not achieve the success you desired right away, but as we discussed over the phone, we can always pursue more.

Sincerely,

Mark Mingle
    Director of Marketing
    Tate Publishing

• alllymae

can not believe Tate replies to complaints online….so funny

• Cristy

I think its AWESOME!

• I bought the book

I think its awesome too that Tate Publishing has enough guts to speak against fraud. Just because a book doesn’t sell doesn’t mean the publisher is always at fault. The book was immature, boring and riduculously infantile in writing. She promotes “Season of Betrayal” as a Christian book but it has swear words in it? And she promotes medicine without a license? Who is this person?

• Harry Simpson

Very misinformed. Tate does not market books to sell, their marketing is developing gimmicks for an author to buy their own books.