Megabus Reviews

Megabus Reports

Most Recent Megabus Complaints

Is Megabus a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Public Transportation Directory ListingStagecoach Group PLC Listing

Bus never came, leaving the passengers waiting in vain

I paid for a trip from Indianapolis to Chicago at 2:35 am on September 10. But the bus didn’t come at 2:35 am. I thought the bus was late. So I still waited there until 3:30 am. But the bus never showed up. I waited in the dark for another hour after when the bus should have come. It was very dangerous.

I called the customer service but as it was 3:30 am no one was working. I had to take the Greyhound bus to Chicago. Thank google map with which I could find where Greyhound station was and I walked there in the dark alone.

After I got Chicago I called the megabus customer service three times about my experience. The first time I was told that no refund. The second time I was hung up while I was speaking. The third time I was told I had to email megabus.

I emailed megabus and got a response 5 hours later telling me that the total amount of delay time does not meet the internal compensation policy. So it is reasonable for Megabus to charge their customers but let the customers wait there for a bus that will never come.

So I deserve the wait for nothing? So my money and time and safety should be wasted?

15 Most Recent Reviews About Megabus

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Megabus

• latoya williams

i Latoya Williams purchased a ticket febuary 1 2017 for 9:00 am from tampa to miami well i checked in gave the driver my conformation number i dropped my money and went on the second floor and sat down the driver was still outside the bus taking conformations and loading luggage i got off on the bus to look for my money i dropped didnt see it i was trying to aboard the bus again and the driver wouldnt open the door i asked him to let me on the bus he responded by waving and pulled off out the bus station and waved at me and he kept right on drivi ng with my belongings on the bus so i walked on side of the bus trying to tell him to let me on the the bus my bookbag on there he just wave at me again and kept on driving so i was running after the bus and held on the the side rearveiw mirror while the bus kept dragging me down the road and all the while i was telling the driver to let me get back on the bus my bag on there so the redlight turned red and the bus had to stop and he then put the bus in park and went and got my bookbag on the second floor and then handed it to me from the driver window and then pulled off with out saying anything to me. my arms and legs is hurting sprung from hanging on to the rearveiw mirrors while the bus kept goin down the road while i was hangin on to the rearveiw mirror while the bus was in motion moving. i been calling megabus company reporting this inccident and telling them what happened no one has responeded and i didnt get no refund im taking this incident to the ((courts)). sombody “responsibe” and i aint playing bout this matter LAWSUITE.

MR. BRIAN SOUTER, CHIEF EXECUTIVE
    MEGA BUS

I CALLED MEGA BUS 1/09/2017 SOME TIME AROUND 3:30P. TO INQUIRE ABOUT TAKING AWAY THE 5:00P BUS FROM PITTSBURGH TO D.C… I WAS TRYING TO SCHEDULE A TRIP ON 1/20/17… I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS RUDE.. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISOR I WAS CONNECTED… I ASKED ABOUT THE 5:00P TRIP I TAKE AT LEAST EVERY THREE WEEKS AGAIN FROM PGH TO D.C…
    I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD TAKE THAT TRIP AWAY THE 5:00PM BUS AND KEEP THE 7:30AM BUS … EVERY TIME I TAKE THE 5:00PM BUS THERE IS A VERY LONG LINE. I TOLD THE SUPERVISOR MEGA BUS IS GOING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO TAKE ‘GREYHOUND” MOSTLY ON FRIDAY’S I TRAVEL ON THE 5:00PM BUS …AND THE 7:30AM WOULD FORCE ME TO USE A “VACATION DAY” AND I WON’T DO THAT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOLD THEM THIS: I WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS IS TEMPORARY OR FOR GOOD???
    HE COULD NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS I KEPT ASKING HIM CAN’T YOU FIND.. THEN I ASKED TO BE CONNECTED TO HIS SUPERVISOR.. HE KNEW LESS THAN CUSTOMER SERVICE.. I REPEATED MY QUESTIONS. YOUR A SUPERVISOR DON’T YOU CARE IF PEOPLE START USING GREYHOUND??? HE STARTED TO SAY THINGS “RE-STRUCTURING” I SAID THAT IS NO ANSWER.
    I SAID PLEASE CONNECT ME TO YOUR SUPERVISOR, HE SAID NO.. HE CANNOT TELL YOU ANYTHING DIFFERENT… I SAID WELL I WANT HIM TO HEAR MY CONCERNS.. THAT SUPERVISOR SAID NO AND HUNG UP ON ME.
    I CALLED BACK OF COURSE I GOT ANOTHER PERSON AND ASKED HIM TO CONNECT ME TO A SUPERVISOR… AND HE SAID WHY?? I TOLD HIM HOW RUDELY I WAS SPOKEN TO AND I WAS HUNG UP ON. I WAS NOT RUDE… I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE HIGHER UP. REGARDING THE CHANGE IN TIMES…..
    THIS CHANGE IN THE 5:00PM TIME CANCELLED…. REALLY EFFECTS ME. I JUST WANT TO KNOW AND VOICE MY OPINION.
    WHEN I TOLD HIM ALL OF THIS GUESS WHAT HE REFUSED TO CONNECT ME TO ANYONE ONE”
    I SAID NEVER MIND…. GREYHOUND IS LOOK BETTER AND BETTER TO ME. IF YOU’RE COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ENOUGH TO LET ME SPEAK TO SOMEONE HIGHER UP… AND MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS….
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT PUT ME THROUGH?? IT WAS NOT A HARD QUESTION AND “I DON’T KNOW” IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH… IF YOU DON’T KNOW THEN LET ME SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW???
    THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO..IF I WORKED IN THAT KIND OF JOB… I WOULD NEVER SPEAK TO ANYONE SO RUDELY!!

I AM A LOYAL CUSTOMER.. I HAVE BEEN USING “MEGA BUS” FOR 4 YEARS…YOU MAY LOOK IT UP UNDER CAROL VANCE ….
    A SUPERVISOR SHOULD NEVER EVER T HANG UP ON SOME ONE..
    GREYHOUND ON LINE IS DOING A GOOD JOB IN MATCHING PRICES AND SOMETIME THEY ARE LOWER.. GO ON LINE AND CHECK THEM OUT.. I WAS NEVER ONCE TREATED RUDELY BY GREYHOUND AND ONCE I RECEIVED A FREE ROUND TRIP TICKET F R E E !!!
    I USE MEGA BUS A LOT MORE THAN I EVER USED GREYHOUND & NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!
    YOU MAY OR MAY NOT CARE ABOUT ME AS A CUSTOMER YOU MAY OR MAY NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I SURE CALLS ARE RECORED..IT CAME FROM 412-322-1121.
    I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD TRAIN YOU PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THE TELEPHONES AND REPRESENT MEGA BUS.. TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT..
    YES I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE CORPORATE SITE BEFORE MAKING THE PHONE CALL. I WILL SEND ANOTHER ONE NOW AND ALSO CALL THE BBB.
    I ONLY HAD ONE QUESTION: WAS THE REMOVAL OF THE 5:00P BUS FROM PITTSBURGH TO DC TEMPORARY??? OR NOT????
    I WAS TOLD “RESTRUCTURING” WHAT IS THAT?? WHY NOT TAKE AWAY THE37:30AM BUS INSTEAD??? I QUITE SURE MORE PEOPLE TAKE THE 5:00PM BUS.
    MEGA BUS IS GOING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO USE GREYHOUND.. I KNOW I WILL FROM NOW ON.

MR. BRIAN SOUTER, CHIEF EXECUTIVE
    MEGA BUS

I CALLED MEGA BUS 1/09/201 SOME TIME AROUND 3:30P. TO INQUIRE ABOUT TAKING AWAY THE 5:00P BUS FROM PITTSBURGH TO D.C… I WAS TRYING TO SCHEDULE A TRIP ON 1/20/17… I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS RUDE.. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISOR I WAS CONNECTED… I ASKED ABOUT THE 5:00P TRIP I TAKE AT LEAST EVERY THREE WEEKS AGAIN FROM PGH TO D.C…
    WHEN I TOLD HIM ALL OF THIS GUESS WHAT HE REFUSED TO CONNECT ME TO ANYONE ONE”

A SUPERVISOR SHOULD NEVER EVER T HANG UP ON SOME ONE..
    MEGA BUS IS GOING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO USE GREYHOUND.. I KNOW I WILL FROM NOW ON.

• NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

I called Mega Bus 1/09/201 some time around 3:30p. to inquire about taking away the 5:00p bus from Pittsburgh to D.C… i was trying to schedule a trip on 1/20/17…

I called Customer Service was rude.. i asked to speak to the Supervisior i was connected… i asked about the 5:00p trip i take at least every three weeks again from pgh to D.C… i could not understand why they would take that trip away the 5:00pm bus and keep the 7:30am bus …

Everytime i take the 5:00pm bus there is a very long line. I told the Supervisor mega bus is going to force people to take ‘Greyhound”

mostly on Friday’s I travel on the 5:00pm bus …and the 7:30am would force me to use a “Vacation Day” and i won’t do that.

Customer Service is told them this: i wanted to know if this is temporary or for good??? he could not answer my questions i kept asking him can’t you find.. then i asked to be connected to his supervisor.. He knew less than customer service.. i repeated my questions ..your a supervisor don’t you care if people start using greyhound???

He started to say things “Re-structuring” i said that is no answer. i said please connect me to your supervisor, he said no.. He cannot tell you anything different… I said welll i want him to hear my concerns.. that supervisor said no and hung up on me.

i called back of course i got another person and asked him to connect me to a supervisor… and he said why??

I told him how rudely i was spoken to and i was hung up on. I was not rude… I just want to speak to someone higher up. Regardng the change in times …..really effects me.

i just want to know and voice my opinion. when i told him all of this GUESS WHAT HE REFUSED TO CONNECT ME TO ANYONE ONE” i said never mind….
    GREYHOUND IS LOOK BETTER AND BETTER TO ME. IF YOUR COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ENOUGH TO LET ME SPEAK TO SOMEONE HIGHER UP… AND MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS…. WHY WOULD THEY NOT PUT ME THROUGH?? IT WAS NOT A HARD QUESTION AND “I DON’T KNOW”
    IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH…

IF YOU DON’T KN OW THEN LET ME SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW???
    THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO AND I WOULD NEVER SPEAK RUDELY TO A LOYAL CUSTOMER.. EVEN IF THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE SUPERVISOR DOES NOT KNOW YOU DON’T HANG UP ON SOME ONE NOR SPEAK TO THEM THAT WAY MY NEXT MOVE IS TO WRITE A LETTER TO BRIAN SOUTER,
    CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF MEGA BUS… GOT IT OFF OF THE INTERNET

GREYHOUND ON LINE IS DOING A GOOD JOB IN MATCHING PRICES AND SOMETIME THEY ARE LOWER.. GO ON LINE AND CHECK THEM OUT.. I WAS NEVER ONCE TREATED RUDELY BY GREYHOUND AND ONE RECEIVED A FREE ROUND TRIP
    (AND I USE MEGA BUS MORE NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!)

• brittany jenkins

Hi my name is Brittany Jenkins. I had got a ticket on January 3 2016 to go from Fayetteville NC to Boston they did not send me my departure number they gave it to me when I called them back today. I just lost a 142.50 now they are telling me that I have a buy a new ticket. I will be dame if I buy a nother ticket so take your money and run like Hell do not use mega bus at all never ever ever use them. No one I want my money back on we are going to court yes I will take mage bus down all the way down.

• Barbara floyd

I Barbara Floyd was on the mega bus coming from Chicago 01/24/2015 6am depart we get like by Wisconsin had to stop and sit 20min bus driver made a wrong turn she said the dispatch gave her the wrong info how is it they didn’t kno directions and we had to sit I should be awarded a discount

• Patricia Giles

On July 9, 2014 i rode the megabus from Mobile, Alabama to Atlanta, Georgia. The bus arrived at the GM&O Transit Center on 110 Beauregard St on time at 3:55 pm from New Orleans, being a Bus and Rail Operator for 24 years, I notice light coming on the driver panel now the drive couldn’t pull the hill on hwy 165 about 1 mile from the Baybridge exit north, it pull off for 15 minutes and waited for the bus cool off, now that were okay but in eisting the stop in Montgomery, Alabama, it cut off in the middle of that turn, that were dangerous, now i know the driver call in the dispatcher, knowing all about safety for over the road as inner city, a bus should have been waiting for us in Montgomery. This bus could have had a mayor accident and thankful it didn’t . the number i copy on the bus was DD452, You need to check your bus at terminal point for mechanical problems, to make sure your passegers have a sfaty trip according to federal standard. This were my fourth trip on Megabus and beside this the only problem were being a one and 30 minutes late leae Atlanta on June 9, 2014.

• Regina Robinson

I just wanted to express my disappointment in a recent trip my daughter took. You made an unscheduled stop (State College, PA) which delayed her arrival by almost 2 hours. In addition when she finally arrived the luggage holding area was a complete disaster with no rhyme or reason to the way it was stored. It looked like it was just tossed in haphazardly. I expected better service. If this continues, I will not suggest this service to other people. Thank you.

• barbara

I recently rode the megabus from secaucus to New York and did not have a pleasant trip..My husband has ridden the bus several times and has always had a good experience,,My complaint involved the driver. We were asked to load our own luggage at Suracuse..And unload it at our destination. he rudely instructed us to get our things off the bus. the woman in front of me, tried to reach her bag, but it was to heavy for her so she let it drop to the ground , nearly knocking me over. I tried to reach mine and ended up pulling a muscle in my neck. I was uncomfortable for the three days I was in New York. Till I saw my physio..I found him to be extremely rude.I was asked to write this letter, from your supervisor as this is not your policy to let customers handle their own luggage

• Andy

I am regular traveler on Austin-Dallas route. Megabus has the most lousy service and their people are plain lazy and incompetent. Their bus is always late and they are so utterly disorganized in loading/unloading and boarding that it just adds to more delays. Megabus staff just keep chit-chatting and joking among themselves, least concerned with passengers who are waiting patiently for long time. Unfortunately this happens almost always!! Young students reach destination late at night. Those who don’t care for their customers like Megabus eventually go bankrupt!!!

• Rosa M. Garcia

Yes, I do agree that Megabus misdirect people. They have the louzy service of all. I encourage people not to use Megabus as it mis direct people and it does not adbide by what they preach. There is no such thing as saving. I just purchased two tickets from Secaucus NJ, to Washington, DC and lost my money without being able to use those tickets.

• Rosa M. Garcia

Hello! I was told by a friend that Megabus could take one basicaly any where without spending a lot of money. So I decided to use it to visit a friend in Washington DC for a day. I have trouble purchasing the tickets to begin my ordeal it says website is having trouble try again later. After many attempts I was able to purchase the tickets round trip to Washington, DC, and back to Secaucus, NJ. the next day,to my surprise it only I printed it the out bound not the returning ticket. I had to try again to purchase the return ticket. I was to leave at 4:10 AM from Secaucus,NJ. I was at the Station 15 minutes before until 4:45AM this morning and NO BUS SOWED UP. I then,returned home and try to talk to a lif person, with no avail,unly prompts to do things,finally I was able to be conected to a life person at 1:30 PM to be told that nothing could be done, as I did not call withing 24 hours of departure. In sum, I lost my money, but Megabus is lossing not one customer but thousands as I am about to spread the louzy service Megabus offers to every one on the plane..