FirstService Residential Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Chuck M Fallon - CEO
Corp Website: fsresidential.com

FirstService Residential Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest FirstService Residential Complaint

Is FirstService Residential a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Property Management Directory ListingFirstService Corporation ListingResponse From Company

No Response Company

We were under Y Cross Management and they were mediocre on community management. Bought out by FirstService Residential and now management is non-existent.

They send out letters to owners about trimming trees but we have yet to see our normal landscape company show up since they took over and guess what the association responsible trees and shrubs are worse than the home owners. You call and if you get a live person they promise to get right on it and of course nothing happens.

They are now “corporate” we are told. So, I guess, doing nothing for your home association is what “Corporate” stands for. I wouldn’t even rate FirstService Residential 0 on any scale. More like minus 0.

FirstService Residential – 9000 E Pima Center Pkwy #300 Scottsdale Az 85258 480-551-4300

Official Responses from FirstService Residential

By: James Martin On: June 17, 2015

Response from James Martin – Property Manager at First Service Residential

Joanne Picciano and her husband have terrorized the older people in the building and have harassed the cleaning and maintenace staff with name calling and threats. They then threatened me when I had to deal with their rant and raves. She uses social media to further her hate and terror to anyone who crosses their path. I did my job as a PM and the people in the building thanked me for protecting their rights to quiet enjoyment in their home. Unfortunately people like Joanne Picciano are nothing but mean and hateful. Thank you, James Martin

25 Most Recent FirstService Residential Complaints

More About FirstService Residential

Timothy G O'Keefe President |

Related Company: College Pro Painting

Consumer Comments For FirstService Residential

• I agree with the above comment. I also live in PACC2 , and have found Mr. Martin to be a complete a*****e. Mr. Martin was caught at a condo meeting disclosing the amount of a resident who was 2 weeks behind in paying their maint. fees………….he made an announcement to everyone in the room in an attempt to embarrass the resident. Check out Youtube……….”James Martin Property Manager Fail” ………..he was cold busted. I’m guessing the State of Florida was sent a copy to prove what an unprofessional, idiot this guy is. He’s on his way out……..McDonalds is always hiring. Good for him.

• This company is nothing but talk. I used to work for them, unfortunately, and after being transferred to another account, I immediately regretted agreeing to go there. I did my best to tolerate their property manager, who was really just a lazy property manager who was more concerned about what money he was making than the job details themselves. He had no idea as to what to do with the building but was so quick to blame others, whether it was employees or residents.
    There was an incident in which I apologized to him for something, and instead of being a professional, he chose to go the route of degrading me and telling me that I was a waste. He also made sure I knew why I was transferred, and chalked it up to that I was going to be fired from my previous site and that when his supervisor told him I was moving to his site and told him how much money I was going to be making, he regretted agreeing to let me come on board. He insulted me on how I dressed, how I looked, how much I was making compared to others who had been there longer than me, etc.
    He also went as far as having another employee hack into my personal social media account, read through private messages and claimed that since I had sent a message to someone during my working hours, that was basis to fire me. Needless to say that during an 8 hour shift, we were not allowed to take a lunch break and forced to eat at the front desk in front of residents, customers, etc.
    By doing this, people would complain about us eating “all the time” at the desk. Unfortunately we could not finish a meal all at once since the property manager was too lazy to even consider having someone fill in for a half an hour.
    That property manager has truly been the worst person I have ever worked for in my entire working career.
    I pray for him and his boss because to be like those two are, and his employee that he had hack into my personal social media, because they must really be miserable in their own life that they need to find someone who is competent in their job to bring down to their disgusting level.
    I wish them luck in the future. They’re going to need it.

• This company is the worst. We have a first service condo manager here in Palm Aire in Pompano Florida, who thinks he’s God. His name is James Martin, and he is a real low life. He talks down to everyone, and can’t manage to supervise his staff. One of his maintenance men lives in our building and hangs out at his apartment most of the day on on the dime of the residents. He handles complaints by telling the complaining resident that they are liars, and hangs up. He’s on his way out, there have been several complaints about him. I can’t wait to see him go, he’s a real clown.

• FirstService is notorious for sketchy business practices, for trying to cheat owners out of money by pretending they never got fees, etc. They also siphon money away from HOAs and lower service and maintenance. We save every single cancelled check — we REFUSE to do any automated billing with these thieves! We’re currently shopping for a new condo and we’ve let our real estate agent know that FirstService, or any affiliate, is an automatic dealbreaker and we will NEVER buy a condo managed by these sleazebuckets.

• Yes, me too send in the payment and they cash the check late and I have to end up paying all kinds of extra fees. I am not going directly to their office and want a receipt.

• It’s no surprise I found what you experienced. I have lost 3,000 dollars so far and the number is still accumulating. They put a lien on our house. After the lien, they charge charge $50 every week for consecutive 12 weeks. I asked for their regulations, never called me back. I am going to start lawsuit!

• Yes, this totally happen to me. I got automatic payment. When the price increase i receive no letter or coupon about the amount increase. They should send out letter saying i am short in payment but they never did. Until i called them to ask for my font door color code they say i owe them money.