Safeguard Tubs Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Safeguardtubs.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 5, 2014

Safeguard Tubs Corporate Contact

Business Name: Palladium Group, Inc.
4301 Lakeside Dr

Corp Website: safeguardtubs.com

Safeguard Tubs Customer Ratings and Reports

Reported Losses: $1,716,495.00

Latest Safeguard Tubs Complaint

Is Safeguard Tubs a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Plumbing Services Directory ListingPalladium Group, Inc. Listing

Can't Use Tub Since I Bought It In 2013

I am a 69-year old lady who wanted comfort when using my tub so I had one of this Safeguard Tubs installed in my house. The workers spent about half day in installing it but just showed me how the thing works and that another representative will come by to demonstrate its functions. They also left me with a 10-page xerox copy of their Quick Guide for Left Door Bathtub without even looking that my tub is a RIGHT DOOR one.

But no one came so I told them that the water fills up in about an hour (unlike what they promised) and they said that it was probably the water connection in our village, but our waterline works just fine. Finally, someone came and did some fixing but until now, the problem remained. Moreover, the one time I used it, the air jets won’t work.

Tried calling them in their number 855-751-2030 but that number is no longer working. Tried to look for their website but found out they don’t have any numbers listed there and all they say is for you to leave your name, email address and complaint and they will get back to you. So far, up to this minute, nothing.

I feel I have been scammed.

Consumer Comments For Safeguard Tubs

• Hmm, sounds like all of you are basically screwed. Now that they have told the employees that they are not allowed back into the sweatshop, they will definitely file for BK. Good luck getting anything out of this place. Someone mentioned filing a complaint with the BBB. The BBB has no power what so ever, they are a company with no teeth. Basically complaining here would do the same thing, nothing.

• This product now under another company name: GreenworksUS but the address and the owner’s name is same — REALLY FISHY SIGN OF FRAUD! I’ve already file a complaint to BBB. But i still want to know Anyone can give me an advise how to prevent further damage to my family; following is my complaint filed on BBB:

The contract-cancel grace time is too short and not mentioned by the sales person!

This company actively contact me about send a sales to my home. We agree. So the sales person Chad Young came on 12/9/13 about 6:00pm to advertise their product–safeguard walk-in tub(I today noticed that this product is still under another company’s name).

I and my family moved by his saying and signed the contract–for our limited income we said we don’t want to install right now and Chad said no problem and just need 100 USD "good faith deposit" to keep a "rare-time reduced price" AND he said we can CANCEL ANYTIME WITH FULL REFUND OF OUR DEPOSIT

We believed what he claimed until today I find i have difficulty to raise the fund and don’t want to finance more on my credit so I reviewed the contract and SHOCKINGLY FOUND the contract say we must cancel in 3 days or we may responsible for at least 50% of our contract value!(that will be 7500 USD!) Chad Young said nothing about that, I swear! AND I remember clearly that I asked if there is any penalty or responsibility to cancel this deal; he said NO!

I feel fraud because

1.I remember California law says any purchases should have at least 7 days refund grace time; I file this complaint as a prove of time, too.

2.The sales says nothing about this "3-days rule" on the contrary, emphasizes on "no-worry refund"

3.After Chad came there is NO ANY FURTHER CONTACT from this company, Chad said there should be a contractor contact me about installation details SO if they say we caused any "DAMAGE"(as contract states) to the contractor and claim 50% of the contract value, It’s ridiculous!

4.I gave out all personal information of mine and my mother’s to them for financial purpose. I feel very uncomfortable for that!

• I discussed this with my family and 401K broker and find I cannot afford this at this time. i qm mailing the cancellation today.
      Please cancel the contract and return my post dated check.
      Please acknowledge reciept of this emaiil.
      Thank you.
      Pat Wielebski
      13460 Old Hwy 8, Sp #8. Lakeside, Ca. 92040

• Safeguard’s License expired in 1994, call this number to verify (800) 321-2752

• You be the judge! I was going to purchase a tub from Safeguard until this happened; I gave them $1,000.00 deposit and they were getting the finance, for me, for the remainder of the $15,000.00, I had not filled out a contract with them when they called and said I was approved for $8,400.00 with the GEBank of Florida and they would cary the rest of the balance. It was only by-the-grace-of-G0d that I lost my Capital One Visa card because, when I called to report it, I found out that someone had closed out my credit card ccount, re-opened it and drew $8,400.00 cash, I stopped payment on my check, they still call and want to make a deal.
    The bank told me I was a victim of identity theft, I reported all concerned, in this scenario, for fraud, this was three weeks ago, I had not given out any personal information to anyone else, I am an invalid and usually pay cash for my purchases which are few.

• My mom has had one since last February. She has tried to get all the problems sorted out and now we are asking for her money back. She started that and I will start calling on Monmday.

• How come people cant spell LICENCE?

• How come Art can’t spell License?

• Hello sir, we have been trying to locate your account in our CRM dept. If you can respond with your installtion date, name/phone number we can assist you. Thank you for your patience and have a blessed day

• Your rooms will be a perfect place for study and reading. Vertical Blinds will reduce the glare to watching television no longer has to be a challenge.

• This over price tub is a piece of junk , it leaks, the controls won’t shut off and it drains slowly. They did not tell me you needed 50 gal hot water tank to fill it and when you used the jets the water would run out the bathroom door. the repairman came out twice and asked me what I though he should do to fix it. I told him to keep the 4 thousand I had paid and take the tub back. I haven’t heard from them .

• I had an Overwhelming Experience with Safeguard Tubs. Their Customer Care department is friendly and they give out all the piece of information you ask for. I have re-scheduled twice due to various reasons and they didn’t behave rude for a moment. The installer did a good job as well my tub was installed in no time and was ready to use. My Family thinks it’s a noble idea for me to have a walk in tub since I have very weak legs. I would like to boast about their jets they are good and what I like most about them is that they hit my pressure points right. I am very happy with my investment and I already recommended it to most of my friends.

• We are well pleased to have Safeguard Walk-in-Tub and the price is equally affordable. The tub installation was a good job done too. My Wife and me are in love with the tub. We just can’t get enough of it and the jets are of real good to my knees and back issues. The Tub is totally worth a buy.

• I am a liscenced general contractor who is removing one of thier tubs from my clints residence. The sales man did not discuss the large hot water requirement needed and the tub does not fill with water hot enough to comfortabally use. Also I have been told by my client that they ask for a 50% payment up front. This is illegal by the state liscence law which states 10% or $1000 whichever is less even for a million dollar job $1000 is max until work starts or product is delivered. Also law protects elders over seventy from contracting without advisement of a trusted person under that age as a witness so they are not taken by slick salesman. The install lacks professional detail and they used the cheapest junk surround I have ever seen, materials normally on crappy gas station walls. For over 12 grand price, they should have done a better job and used better finish materials. The tub itself seems of high quality

• Boy I wish I had researched this company before I bought the tub. Everything you wrote is true and in addition there customer service sucks. They are scheduled to come out and repair and don’t show and don’t even call. This happens repeatedly. Worst company ever. One time it took 2 mos of no shows and multiple excuses and lies.

• I have nothing but good things that I have heard about safeguard tubs. I am sorry to all those that are having a rough time. I will be praying for you that you will be blessed and be given peace.

• You need to contact the California Contractors Lecensing board on line or by phone at 1-800-321-2752 and file a complaints. At the contractors licensing board you can find the name and address of the Safeguard Tubs insurance bonding company and you need to file a claim with them as well. I had to do this with a contractor that did "substandard" work too, and be sure to use the term "substandard" in your complaints. This is the term that building contractors laws use. It took us a while, but a state inspectore came to our house and inspected, the wrote a report. We were paid that contractors full dollar amount of his bond from the bonding company and he lost his contractors license.

• I love the therapy that I receive from the tub, but it takes 20 plus minutes to drain which is not fun. Also, one of the lights blinks and the calking is not professional.