Rite Aid Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: John T. Standley - President, CEO
Corp Website: riteaid.com

Rite Aid Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Rite Aid Complaint

Is Rite Aid a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Pharmacy / Drugstores Directory ListingRite Aid Corporation Listing

Pharmacist gave me wrong medication!

My doctor’s office phoned in a refill for a prescription for me to my Rite Aid Pharmacy. It was for migraines, and I had been suffering all day, waiting for the refill. My husband picked it up for me that afternoon on his way home from work. As soon as he walked in the door I took the bottle, read the label, and checked out the capsules. As it appeared to be the correct medication, and I was in pain, I took a capsule.

A few minutes later I began to feel strange. Woozy and very light headed. I got up and looked at the prescription bottle again and saw that it was my normal prescription PLUS CODEINE!! And I’m allergic to Codeine!

I called the pharmacy and then my doctor. My doctor then called the pharmacy and was able to confirm that the pharmacist made a mistake.

The Codeine did make me sick. I spent about 2 hours vomiting, which of course only intensified my headache.

The following morning when I was able to drive I got the correct medication from Rite Aid at no charge, and they did refund the fifteen dollars my husband paid for the wrong medication that resulted in making me sick.

This scenario is very frightening to me.

Rite Aid Pharmacy – 2805 Bell Rd Auburn California 95603 | 530-823-8125

Consumer Comments For Rite Aid

• I have had numerous issues with the SAME person at Rite Aid in Cambridge MD, Once she gave me wrong medication and the only reason I knew was when my husband told me how much I knew that was incorrect. Another time I left ER with my son who was screaming in pain drove 25 minutes to rite aid to pick up meds she told me they just open 45 minutes ago she wasn’t a miracle worker. The last incident I had to take my mother in law to doctor her blood pressure was so high she couldn’t even walk so doctor called a pill in for her to take to lower her blood pressure. I went in to pick it up and she told me it would be 2 hours before it was ready I was not the only one waiting on a prescription, I have NEVER heard of anyone taking so long, then when I asked her to print me the prescription out because it was sent electronically she told me it wasn’t there doctor had not sent it which was a LIE

• I made a phone call to Rite AID employee on 1400 Broadway in Oakland on the afternoon of December 5th, 2013 telling her that I had ordered medication a few days a go, is if ready for me to pick up now? The woman that pick up the phone said yes "you can come now. "When you got to the store I will fill it up for you". But I got to Rite AID the other woman that served me said we have to call your doctor and your insurance." I said why I was told to come in and we will fill it up for you they said. I got so mad that I said some bad word to one of the employees. Now they file a sue against me that I can not go to Rite AID anymore. I want viewers to think for a minute that one Rite AID said to me I can come to get my meds, when got to the store the other said we call this or call that. I just me very sick I have to transferred my prescription to Walgreens Store now. I believed they are being unprofessional and disrespectful to me.