Denise Butler Complaints, Reports, and Who is Information

Denise Butler Profile

Filed Under: Last Name (B)
Name (AKA): David Mangrum

$1,405.00

There Are Currently No Ratings
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Warn Others About Denise Butler By Sharing

Denise Butler - I answered a post for an RV on Craigslist.. turns out to be a fraud... don't be next~

Here is what i received… SO I googled them!

From: Denise
Date: February 25, 2013, 6:44:16 PM MST
Subject: Re: Ultra Light 2OO8 R-Vision Trail Cruiser TC23QB Fully Loaded

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my camper (2008 R-Vision Trail Cruiser TC23QB). I sell it at this price ($1,950 – this is my bottom price) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The camper is fully paid off, clean title. I have title in hand. I bought it since new and has been garage kept. This is a nice and clean camper. It is light weight and can be towed with many smaller 6-cyl vehicles. No pets, no leaks and no smoking inside this camper. This camper is ready to use!

This camper is great and has no dings, dents, or scratches. The divorce has finished 6 months ago and the camper is mine now. After the divorce I was forced to buy a new house. Following the financial crisis I can’t afford to pay the bank and I decided to sell the camper. As you can see from the pictures, it’s in excellent condition.

I’m very busy with my job and I’m out of town right now so I can’t meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my camper over the Internet. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay. I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the camper and only if you agree to buy it). We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated with eBay and I have a purchase protection account. The bottom price for this camper is $1,950. I will pay for shipping and handling (the loan of my previous buyer didn’t get approved, so, there won’t be any additional shipping costs). If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the deal through eBay. I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Denise

I emailed EVV.KREN@gmail.com for info on 3 beautiful RV’s… I google everyone as we have had this issue before.. with another scammer. ALWAYS CHECK!! I will be submitting info to BBB and FBI databases.

View Comments About Denise Butler
View More Denise Butler Complaints
File A New Denise Butler Complaint

Recent Complaint Activity

User Comments

• I just flagged another camper that this person had on craigslist listing a 2008 r vision travel trailer for 1850.00 using the same email address. They just listed the Camper 7 days ago. I flagged it to be removed. I thought something was wrong with the price they were asking glad I always research items before contacting individuals or I would have made a mistake in even writing them.
    Thanks!!!!

• I just emailed the person and after the response, I realized that it was just to good to be true! I googled the email address, after I emailed her my name and address, but that is ok. She cannot get much from that! Thank you EVERYONE for posting this and allowing me to not go through with this scam!!

• She’s still up to it…BEWARE. We were very interested but thankful your your posts. This is what she sent me after I emailed expressing interest in her Craigslist ad…

Hi,
    First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my mower (2009 John Deere ZTrak Pro Z850A Hydrostatic 31hp Commercial Zero Turn Lawnmower). I sell it at this price ($1,900 – this is my bottom price) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. This mower is powered by a 31hp Kawasaki Engine, and has Hydrostatic Transmissions. It runs PERFECT in EVERY WAY, it has TONS of POWER and SPEED and only 209 hours on the meter! It has a 72" deck with Push Button Height Adjustment, Push Button Deck Kill/Engage, Seat Belt, Rops, Cup Holder, Fuel Guage, and Adjustable Seat. Tires are in EXCELLENT condition as well.
    This mower is in great condition and ready to go to work. The divorce has finished 6 months ago and the mower is mine now. After the divorce I was forced to buy a new house. Following the financial crisis I can’t afford to pay the bank and I decided to sell the mower. As you can see from the pictures, it’s in excellent condition.
    I’m very busy with my job and I’m out of town right now so I can’t meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my mower over the Internet. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay. I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the mower and only if you agree to buy it). We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated with eBay and I have a purchase protection account. The bottom price for this mower is $1,900. I will pay for shipping and handling (the loan of my previous buyer didn’t get approved, so, there won’t be any additional shipping costs). If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the deal through eBay. I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.
    Nancy Anderson

• I just found this site after looking at this ad on Craigslist. Good thing too because I was interested but not now. Thank you for providing this info/site.

• NOTE: near the bottom of this phony invoice you will find the Agent name: Carl Westfall of Dalton GA who has a criminal record.

Congratulations, the item – 2008 R-Vision Trail Cruiser TC23QB is yours – Please pay now!

Invoice for VPP Transaction Case ID 87W5C233M4W41 between Denise Butler, as the Seller and Daniel ****, as the Buyer. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Seller Information:

Quantity Sold:1
    Insurance:Yes

________________________________________

How to make payment ?

1. Locate the nearest Western Union office in your area.
    2. You have to fill out a Western Union sending money form (money in minutes). You have to put into the Sender`s box your name and address and into the receiver`s box our agent details.
    3. Give the form, the money (cash), and a proof of identity to the clerk.
    4. The clerk will give you a payment receipt which you have to fax it so we can begin the shipping process.
    5. Confirm the payment by sending us the Western Union payment receipt to our fax #: (303) 586-6206.
    Reply to this e-mail with the following details from the payment receipt:
    - MTCN Number – 10 digits number from the payment receipt
    - Exact Sender’s Name and Address
    - Exact Receiver’s Name and Address
    - Amount to be received.

The down payment must be submitted via Western Union wire transfer (money in minutes service) to our agent. eBay will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. If you decide to buy the vehicle, then you will have to confirm it to us and send the rest of the money. Or, if it is the case, eBay will refund the payment to the Buyer.

The down payment of $975.00 will be made using the details below.

eBay Financing Center Agent*:

First Name:Carl
    Last Name:Westfall
    Address:605 Kelly St.
    City:Dalton
    State:GA
    Zip:30720-5414
    Country:USA

*The Western Union Transfer will be sent using this name and address.

Payment:

________________________________________
    Remaining Balance:
    $975.00 US

How to make the payment

Find the nearest Western Union office.

Confirm the payment using eBay Financing Center Agent’s name and address (found below) as payment details.

The following payment information:

– Case ID and Invoice #
    – Western Union payment receipt – MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) to our fax number:
    (303) 586-6206
    – Sender’s Name and Address
    – Receiver’s Name and Address
    – Total Amount Sent

Important Notice

For security reasons please DO NOT release the payment details to the Seller or any other unauthorized person.

All the transaction, payment and personal information is considered confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.

Buyer Protection program security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given evolving circumstances globally.

Our main and constant priority is the safety of our customers.

Important: The first available agent will be automatically be assigned to your transaction by our system. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Austria, France, Australia, Japan.

• "She’s" still at it. I started the email exchange last night and it’s continued today. I was suspicious from the beginning because of the price and the broken English, but the story was plausible and the eBay protection was a nice touch. Mine was a craigslist posting in Charlottesville, VA which is easily in driving distance and I kept saying I wanted to see it. Obviously, I just googled "her" email address and I found this site. I appreciated it so much I thought I should add to it and say "she’s" still active. Thanks for the communications!

• ****this is also a scam, http://longisland.craigslist.org/rvd/3619803887.h…!
    ****Hey there,
    My name is Cassidy, I’m happy to see you are interested in my RV. Let me give you a few details about it. The RV is in very good shape, never been involved in any accidents, no known electrical or mechanical issues. The odometer shows 118000 miles. I legally own a clear title, no liens or loans, under my name. I wanted to sell it at its Blue Book value but without any luck so I changed up my mind and reduced the price at $2.600. I got divorced recently this is how I got the Itasca Spirit.
    For questions just e-mail me

Sincerely,
    Cassidy
    Hi Kathy,
    As I was saying I recently got divorced, and moved to Lincoln, NE with a job for a new start. The rv is already at the shipping company here in town, crated and ready for delivery. You have free delivery, the rv arriving at your place in 4-6 days. You get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don’t like it, you can send it back at my expense. If interested, e-mail me your whole name and ph#, and I will forward it to Google Wallet so they can send you more details on how this works. I look forward to hear soon from you. Thank you
    Needless to say I told them I do not do business over the Internet and wasn’t interested.
    ****then I received another email2 days later******
    On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:20 AM, "Cathy.Gilmore1" <cathy.gilmore1@comcast.net> wrote:

Hey there,
    My name is Cathy, I’m happy to see you are interested in my RV. Let me give you a few details about it. The RV is in very good
    For questions just e-mail me

Sincerely,
    Cathy
    ***so I responded***
    I received an email from a " Cassidy" regarding this camper. I am a retired police officer for New York, this email and all correspondence regarding such "SCAM" is being forwarded to local authorities. On line fraud or the attempt to de-fraud consumers is a "CRIME"!!!!
    Well needless to say I never eard from them again.
    Remember the old saying" if it sounds too good to be true….."

• I almost feel for the same scam from "Karen Daniels". I was at western union and something told me to just type in her address. I’m glad i did. She was selling her 2005 Honda Civic EX for $2500. It only had 34000 miles on it. I thought wow! Great timing. I’m glad i found this before I too got scanned.

• Thanks for posting – I too found the add on Craigs list for Corvallis Oregon – and then she sends me a Ebay bill to western union $2000 to Sweden!
    Heads up – thank you google for your people search!

• Sadly, we didn’t see these posts as we of course trusted what we had seen on Craig’s List & then on ebay. I’m now out $2K plus western union charges but am following up w/ebay w/all of the documentation I have for purchasing a class c motor home from Denise. I should have picked up on her use of English as there were several mistakes; has anyone above contacted the police dept in Mo? Or anyone else?

• sorry bastards tried to get me on a 2005 honda civic

• There is a motorcycle on there now and it have that same exact address on there I’m glad I google the address

• WOW!!!! My husband and I just got a reply for the same camper about an hour ago. Once communication via email was made and the "letter" came through, I tried to find the ad on Craigslist to show a family member that wanted to see it…guess what – it wasn’t available anymore so i googled the little bit of camper information I remembered and BAM – that’s when I found this site with all of your stories. We could have easily become her next suckers as we were so excited about getting this "GREAT DEAL".

• Thank you for posting this up , I was going to buy a 2007 Nissan Altima from her for only $2,200 . I thought the deal was too good to be true . I was going to travel all the way from Texas . Luckily my husband likes to google everything & discovered this.

• Same here I offered to come in person to pick up a motorcycle and she said she was to busy to meet me and that I need to pay my deposit it was just to good to be true she almost got me to I’m really glad we have google.

• We inquired about this camper too. got the same replys as many of you. figured it was a scam as the engish is a bit broken and just plain wierd.

• If u are dumb enough to fall for such a scam, u deserve to lose your money. "A FOOL AND HIS/HER MONEY ARE SOON PARTED!" And NO, there is no magic god that will punish anyone…you **** brain-dead MORON. That is nothing more than wishful thinking of extremely gullible & brainwashed idiots! I see why u are such a dumb-****!!!

• I, too, have exchanged emails with this individual, who calls herself "Karen" regarding a 2005 Jeep Rubicon on Craigslist. Her emails were nearly identical to the ones descibed in the formal complaint. After I received the second message about the Jeep, I became suspicious because I could no longer locate the ad on Craigslist. I replied to her and explained that I wanted to see the images again, but couldn’t locate the ad and I needed to vehicle identification number so I could order a CarFax report. I have yet to hear back from Karen.

I googled her email address and was directed to Complaintslist.com/people/b/denise-butler
    As of 12/24/2012, this individual is still trying to sell something that doesn’t exist. I am not certain how Craigslist and eBay can prevent scams like this. Buyer beware and follow your gut instinct, otherwise, you might give away $2000 and have nothing to show for it.

• "KAREN" is at it again and now in Florida. I am afraid that others are not as diligent as we are in researching this info. She sure makes it sound like a AWESOME DEAL. As always if it seems to be to good to be true it probably is NOT!!! She is now claiming that she works out of town and is not available for me to look at the vehicle. How ironic is that?! Please let’s get the word out about this seller.

• I also almost fell for the same scam on the Jeep Rubicon! Thank You so much for the information and I can’t believe people can sleep at night preying on people like that! eBay should send their lawyers after them for using their logos and trying to affiliate them to these scams!

• Thanks You so Much, I almost bought the same camper on craigslist from her. THANK THANK THANK THANK U.

• Thanks for posting, I almost bit on the 2005 Jeep wrangler for 2000. Yahoo search brought me here. Lousy phishing post ruin craigslist. grrrr.

• So yesterday we got more emails.
    We have reported them to the real eBay and have reported it as phishing to Google.

First got an official looking email from "eBay" (more later on this). Then one signed from "Denise Butler" but the name says "Denise Roxi" asking if we got the "eBay" email.

A few excerpts from the "eBay" email:

Seller Information:
    First Name: Denise
    Last Name: Butler
    Address: 220 Park St
    City: Ellington
    State:MO
    Zip:63638
    Country: United States

Then there were instructions to go to the nearest Western Union office and end payment. They instructed that the payment receipt needed to be faxed to "begin the shipping process" to "our fax #: (303) 586-6206." They also wanted a reply to the email with the "MTCN Number – 10 digits number from the payment receipt."

"The entire amount ($1,900) must be submitted via Western Union wire transfer (money in minutes service) to our agent. eBay will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. If you decide to buy the vehicle, then you will have to confirm it to us and send the rest of the money. Or, if it is the case, eBay will refund the payment to the Buyer."

"For faster payment processing and lower transfer fees we advise you to tell at the Western Union agency (if asked) that you are transferring the funds to a friend or relative."

"The entire amount of $1,900.00 will be made using the details below."

eBay Financing Center Agent*:
    First Name:Ralph
    Last Name:Warden
    Address:Karlavagen 66
    City:Stockholm
    State:Stockholm
    Zip:114 59
    Country:SWEDEN
    *The Western Union Transfer will be sent using this name and address.

"The buyer will receive a tracking number in 48 hours. The funds will not be released under any circumstances. We will hold the payment until you send us your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the vehicle. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to the seller."

"The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 3 business days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the Buyer should accept the vehicle. If he refuses the vehicle, the Buyer must ship the vehicle back to the Seller within 7 business days."

"After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Financing Center Customer Support with the result of the inspection. For any questions you can contact eBay Customer Support replying to this e-mail."

• I am emailing her now even though I now know it is a scam. no funds involved. I will travel to inspect camper and will pay cash but I keep getting the eBay contract to pay gibberish.Do not fall for this!! Can’t wait for next response! I will string her along as long as long as I can and hopefully **** slap her in person!!!

• Thanks for your posting. We found the ad on Louisville KY craigslist. Thought it sounded like a really good deal.

Here is the text of her emails:

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my camper (2007 Trail Cruiser 191). I sell it at this price ($1,900 – this is my bottom price) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The camper is fully paid off, clean title. I have title in hand. I bought it since new and has been garage kept. This is a nice and clean camper. It is light weight and can be towed with many smaller 6-cyl vehicles. With a sleeping capacity of 8, you will have plenty of room for your family and select friends. No pets, no leaks and no smoking inside this camper. This camper is ready to use!
    I’m very busy with my job and I’m out of town right now so I can’t meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my camper over the Internet. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay. I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the camper and only if you agree to buy it). We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated with eBay and I have a purchase protection account. The bottom price for this camper is $1,900. I will pay for shipping and handling (the loan of my previous buyer didn’t get approved, so, there won’t be any additional shipping costs). If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the deal through eBay. I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

and

The camper is already at the shipping company. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I’m very busy with my job and I’m out of town so I can’t meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my camper over the Internet. According with the eBay you have 3 days from the time you receive the camper to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    Here is how it will work:
    1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
    -Full name and shipping address.
    2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
    3. After they will process your info, they will send us both more informations about how we can complete this transaction. They will contact you regarding the shipping process and the arrival time.
    4. eBay will start the shipping process and it will take up to 48 hours for you to receive the camper. After you receive the camper you will have 3 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the camper. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment through eBay.
    5. If you decide not to buy the camper, then eBay will ship the camper back to me (and you won’t be charged for this). If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.
    Kind regards,

• I received this exact same correspondence. Just 2 days ago after I had responded to a Louisville Craigslist ad. How do we report this so that others do not get scammed?

• When the deal appears too good to be true; do your due dilligence or part with your money. This is a phishing add. All the wording and method of keeping distance etc. is the way phishers do it. IF they’re using EBay, then it would be listed on EBay…..EBay does not facilitate such transactions.
    I’m having fun playing with the person now and will eventually cyber-****-slap the person on the other end.

• Again, thanks for posting! Contacted her this am, then decided to google the email address!!

• answered an ad for a 2007 ezgo golf cart also for $1900 on craigslist. Received reply from Jennifer Davis 220 Park St Ellington MO email address dvis.jen@gmail.com. email was almost exactly like the one for the camper. I assume this is a scam also. Just thought I would post another email address and name that they are using. Thank you all for posting I could have made a very expensive error in judgement. Happy Holidays

• All of these are scams. Look for the 2OO7 (using O instead of zero)

Dec 10 – Flawless 2OO7 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL – $2200 general – by dealer img
    Dec 10 – 2OO7 Kawasaki Brute Force 75Oi 4×4 – $1800 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Dec 9 – Flawless 2OO7 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL – $2200 general – by dealer img
    Dec 9 – 2OO7 Kawasaki Brute Force 75Oi 4×4 – $1800 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Dec 6 – 2OO7 Kawasaki Brute Force 75Oi 4×4 – $1800 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Dec 6 – Flawless 2OO7 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL – $2200 general – by dealer img
    Dec 3 – Camper 2OO7 Trail Cruiser 191 Hybrid Camper – $1900 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Dec 2 – 2OO7 Kawasaki Brute Force 75Oi 4×4 – $1800 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Dec 2 – Flawless 2OO7 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL – $2200 general – by dealer img
    Dec 1 – Flawless 2OO7 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL – $2200 general – by dealer img
    Nov 27 – 2OO7 Kawasaki Brute Force 75Oi ATV – $1800 sporting goods – by dealer img
    Nov 16 – Honda CR-V 2OO7 EXL Automatic – $4200 (lafayette) cars & trucks – by dealer pic

• CAMPER IS A SCAM!!!!!
    DO NOT BUY IT!!!

• 2005 Jeep wrangler rubicon in Fort Myers, FL craigslist 12-08-12. $2,000.
    Now using wls.krn@gmail.com and rgrs.lsa@gmail.com

• I have been emailing her back and forth for the past two days. This is a shame!!!! I was so excited thinking I had found a great deal on a camper. She needs to be locked up for this!!!!!!!She or whoever is waiting on me as me speak to send the western union payment number. I am **** and am about to send a very nasty reply!!!

• Just got through dealing with her/him/it too. I inquired about the camper, the next day the camper ad disappears and I’m getting emails pushing the deal. Some of the phrases in the email sounded strange to me. Like: " From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay." and " If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the deal through eBay" and " I’m very busy with my job and I’m out of town so I can’t meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my camper over the Internet." I googled one of the phrases, and lo and behold, it led me here to you guys.

• Thanks so much for posting this. I thought the listing was too good to be true so I googled the email address and found this.

• I’m thankful i found this page. Saw the ad on craiglist about the camper and for an unkown reason I decided to google the e-mail address and what a surprise. I’ll try to be careful in the future. Thank you for having the time to post this you are helping people to avoid scams like these. Sorry for your misfortune with this people and I hope there’s a way you could get your money back.

• Thank you for posting this! We were seriously thinking about buying the camper until we pulled her name up on the search engine. Thank you!

• Posing as Karen Daniels on Craigslist now trying to sell a jeep for $2000. Same address at 220 Park St. MO, same story divorced financial hardship, and same payment approach, eBay, "Karen Daniels" <rgrs.lsa@gmail.com>

• I’m discussing this Jeep with her at this time. My first response from her really raised the hackles on the back of my neck, so I went searching. Sure enough, this is the one you are talking about. I wonder if the State Attorney General would like to know about it. Hmmmm? :D

• OK, I filled out a complaint form for the Missouri Attorney General, providing him with the information I have and the information in this thread. Might prove interesting.

• I too thought about buying this camper but as we all know if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not. Only after I got "Denise Butlers" address from the fake eBay email and checked it , did I fully believe it to be fraud. I will contact eBay ,Craigslist and the police dept. In Ellington MO. Thank you Jacqueline and all after her who posted their warnings

• I also appreciate the comments! I was seriously thinking about buying the camper and your comments saved me from her scam!

• Thank you so much for taking the time to put this on-line and save me a ton of headache. I thought it was too good to be true.