MONEXgroup Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Phone Number: 905-475-1130
Corp Website: monexgroup.com

MONEXgroup Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest MONEXgroup Complaint

Is MONEXgroup a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Payment Processing Directory ListingMoney Express POS Solutions Listing

The worst contract ever to exist! People read a contracts.

I sing a contract with Monex on April 2012 -I needed debit provider. Monex representative- Henry Huynh -come to me saying that they are the cheapest on the market. Henry Huynh said that debit machine I can buy for $500 or I will be paying for using it during the contract. When the contract I will broke I would given machine back without any consequences.I didn’t read English well back then. I was new in Canada and I believe his words. Machine which I have was worthy $200.I check it online, but they didn’t let me to buy it myself.I sing a contract without understanding it.I didn’t sing a lease with first data.
Monex started to charge me using first data saying that it is for using a debit machine.I was new in Canada so I thought this is how it is.

This year when I realize that Monex already overcharge me for this debit machine, I decided to go to the law office to read a contract and lawyer said that no one with right mind would sing this kind of contract. I decided to break it.No one from Monex could tell me how much I would pay for braking the contract by phone.

Monex practices is when you request the braking the contract, you will revive a mail with that information, but you can’t stay with them anymore. I received a mail with request $875.41 money in 9 days to pay them. If I wound not pay it till the date , they will going to charge me rate of 28.8% daily. I send them money.

When I call first data, lady said that I have to send the equipment back to First Data and the lease will be done, so I did it.This mounth I call first data again because they charge me for a equipment which I don’t use and I don’t have. They said that I own them $1400 for equipment because I cant break the lease.I dint sing any lease from First data and the statement with Monex was that I using a debit machine, Im not going to buy it.

This company has to be deleted with the list of debit machine provider.They going for new small businesses owners who don’t know a market and they crash them down, laying and stealing money. I already complain in BBB. I”m waiting for an answer. Monex used so many address in Toronto that I dont know which one they use now.

Monex group – 5075 Yonge St.suite 301 Toronto Canada | 905-265-1828 | monexgroup.com/promotions/bingppc

Consumer Comments For MONEXgroup

• Monex is unscrupulous

It looks like Monex has a lot of people angry and upset. You can now add me to the list. I have been with them for over four years, and I did not even know I had a lease! NO ONE told me, only that I was leasing the terminal!! What am I leasing? Certainly not the Ingenico 1500 which I get form First Data and costs $30 per month! (By the way that unit is $300 RETAIL COST! so I have paid for it 4 x over!) So I called Monex to cancel my contract and was told it ended in February 2014 – great I thought – but…no IT AUTO-RENEWS FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS, and there is my initial on the page saying that. Two problems: 1) NO ONE told me it was a lease, and NO ONE told me it AUTO-RENEWED!. They say I owe $1000 + – not much compared to some of you posters, but still a lot. The reason I cancelled is because my business is down and I am retiring. I offered them $100 to settle. I stopped payment on any further withdrawals from First Data and Monex on my account. Now we wait and see what happens. Of course I will join any class action. These are unscrupulous contracts designed to catch us all unawares. At the very LEAST they should warn us prior to the contract ending, of how much time is required to get out of the lease (actually 120 days notice in writing PRIOR to the lease ending), but they WANT to catch us out and make money this way so they don’t of course.

• Hi Ewa,

I am in a similar situation from Monex and will take them to court, if you are interested in doing the same thing please contact me at marcelojuca@hotmail.com

Marcelo Juca

• Hi Marcelo,

I am in a similar situation. I just sent you an email to your Hotmail account.

Regards,

Carrie Leroux

• Hi Im next victim of Monex.
        People dont sing contract with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• I have also been ripped off by MONEX …….They havent even set up service at my business ( 3 months now ) and I have already been charged almost $300 …………for absolutely nothing > Their salespeople lie to you to get you to sign with them , and then they completely ignire any customer service issues. And to top it all off they want $500 to terminate the agreement, even though it hasnt even been set up to process yet. ………….Are nthese people for real?