MONEXgroup Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

$512.86

Average Reported Loss Per Consumer:
$512.86

Consumer Ratings Data

There Are Currently No Ratings.
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Complaint About MONEXgroup

Ripped off

In the month of May,2012, I Ewa Wielopolski the owner of Ellektra Photo 1564556 Ontario Inc. signed a lease to own agreement with Monex EFT/ABM Services for 48 months (lease# 1356524A) In September 2009 I purchased the equipment from Monex for $195.40. I used the equipment for debit transactions.

In July 2012 I closed my business. I notified Monex by telephone advising them that I no longer required their services and wanting to close my account with them. I was instructed to close my batch and someone would call me back. closed my batch on Aug. 13th 2012. I was also told that because I own the equipment, there would not be any additional charges.

In August 2012 Monex took $7.94 from my bank account, then September 2012 $4.92 and an additional $500.00. I telephoned Monex on November 7th 2012 and spoke to Janice S. She said she did not have any record of a $500.00 withdrawal from my account by Monex. I sent her a copy of my bank statement and after seeing the transaction she said someone from Monex will call me back. I did not hear anything from the people at Monex so I called them back leaving several messages at Ext. 258.

On November 12th 2012 I was able to reach a supervisor whose name was Brian. He said there was a $500.00 penalty because I did not return a cancellation form. I explained to him that I did not receive a cancellation form and was not aware that such a form existed. I told him that when I closed the account over the telephone I was told that because I owned the equipment that the would not be any additional charges. He was very rude to me and said I talk too much and he was trained in school not to talk to people like me and when I asked him for his surname he just disconnected.

On November 14th 2012 I received an early cancellation form by mail from Monex showing a $500.00 fee for early cancellation.  The only agreement I signed with Monex was in May 2004 for a 48 month term. I do not have any other agreements with Monex that would warrant any penalty for early cancellation.

View Comments View More MONEXgroup Complaints

Is MONEXgroup a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

MONEXgroup Reviews and Complaints

Click To Search For MONEXgroup Complaints

User Thoughts About MONEXgroup

3 thoughts on “MONEXgroup

• I have also been ripped off by MONEX …….They havent even set up service at my business ( 3 months now ) and I have already been charged almost $300 …………for absolutely nothing > Their salespeople lie to you to get you to sign with them , and then they completely ignire any customer service issues. And to top it all off they want $500 to terminate the agreement, even though it hasnt even been set up to process yet. ………….Are nthese people for real?