MONEXgroup Reviews

MONEXgroup Ratings

MONEXgroup Reports

Most Recent MONEXgroup Complaints

Is MONEXgroup a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Payment Processing / Merchant Services / POS Directory ListingMoney Express POS Solutions Listing

Renewed contract without my authorization

Me and my husband had a contract with Monex for 48 months started from Oct17/2011. We leased their POS under “lease to own” terms for the same period, which was 48 months, but we paid off that POS terminal fully in Oct/2015. We were still paying them monthly fees, which were way more than we were told.

Whenever we tried to call them and asked for explanation, they never had any answer for why they are charging that high amount. So we decided to cancel the services with them. And then the nightmare started.

When we called them to cancel our services in Dec/2016, they said they renewed our contract for another 48 months. We were very surprised as we did not receive any written notice that they are going to renew our contract. I asked them how did they renew my contract without my authorization, then rep transferred me to their legal department.

Brian Griffiths was their legal representative, but later I found out that he was just a collection specialist, who was very rude and abusive, didn’t let me talk. He asked me to check our agreement. So we checked our agreement, which we signed initially in Oct/2011.

On the agreement, months (time period) for auto renewal were scratched out. I am attaching that contract with this story, where you will see that no time frame was mentioned for auto renewal, it was all scratched out.

Then I researched about this company, and found out that we were not the only one they were playing games with. There were so many people, who wrote their complaints online about the same company. And now they are asking us to pay a lump sum of $3341.10 (Canadian) for breaking up the contract, even though no months were mentioned in auto renewal term.

I have also reported this matter to “CBC go public”

Submit a Complaint or Comment For MONEXgroup

15 Comments on "MONEXgroup"

Worst ever company and biggest crooks I have seen in my 24 years of business.
I lost a lots of money paying for contract I did not know I have. Sales person put my private name on contract and my company. He changed with pan 24 months to 48 I did not see it.
I’m with td bank now and I’m very happy.My suggestion is to everyone not to go with Monex or with Chase.

Hi there, we are having same kind of issues with this company. And I am going to pursue a law suit against them. Can you please share your experience with me.
You can call me at 647 895 8022 or email me at ritu.gaurr@gmail.com

These people are scammers. They have waited until now to enforce a contract from 2009. I have not heard from them within the 2 year limit. Unless I pay them $5000, they will hit my credit. I have no recourse. They can’t sue me because it’s over 2 years. That prevents me from stopping them from affecting my credit. I have asked how many of these leases are outstanding but they won’t tell me. They know exactly what they are d0ing how how to play our legal system to hold credit ratings hostage. I would be happy to share my… Read more »
Monex is unscrupulous It looks like Monex has a lot of people angry and upset. You can now add me to the list. I have been with them for over four years, and I did not even know I had a lease! NO ONE told me, only that I was leasing the terminal!! What am I leasing? Certainly not the Ingenico 1500 which I get form First Data and costs $30 per month! (By the way that unit is $300 RETAIL COST! so I have paid for it 4 x over!) So I called Monex to cancel my contract and… Read more »

You can call me at 647 895 8022 or email me at ritu.gaurr@gmail.com

Hello, I would like to talk with you regarding your experience with this company. I am currently in a law suit against them. They are trying to intimidate me and I really need to show the court that this company has treated many people unfairly, not just me.
I would like to talk with you regarding your experience with this company.
Please, please inbox me or email me at kimberleycovey@hotmail.com or call me at 905 492 3011.

Hi Ewa,

I am in a similar situation from Monex and will take them to court, if you are interested in doing the same thing please contact me at marcelojuca@hotmail.com

Marcelo Juca

Hello,
I would like to talk with you regarding your experience with this company. I am in court fighting them and I really need to show the court that this company has treated many people unfairly, not just me. They are trying to intimidate me so I am seeking people to tell their stories.

I have also been ripped off by MONEX …….They havent even set up service at my business ( 3 months now ) and I have already been charged almost $300 …………for absolutely nothing > Their salespeople lie to you to get you to sign with them , and then they completely ignire any customer service issues. And to top it all off they want $500 to terminate the agreement, even though it hasnt even been set up to process yet. ………….Are nthese people for real?

Hello there,

I am fighting Monex in court. They are trying to intimidate me and I really need to show that this company has treated many people unfairly, not just me.
I would like to talk with you regarding your experience with this company.

Hi Marcelo,

I am in a similar situation. I just sent you an email to your Hotmail account.

Regards,

Carrie Leroux

24months contact plus auto renew another 24 months. Plus 20% fee on total revenue. WTF

Kimberley Covey

Hi Im next victim of Monex.
People dont sing contract with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello there,

My name is Kimberley. I am currently in a law suit against Monex and would like to talk with you regarding your experience with this company. They are trying to intimidate me and I really need to show that this company has treated many people unfairly, not just me.