Seterus Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

PO Box 7162 Pasadena, CA 91109-7162

Seterus Ratings and Reports

Latest Seterus Complaint

Seterus Threats Monthly

My loan from Bank of America was given to Seterus Inc. – they were now the “servicer” of my loan – in April 2014 – I fell behind – I called right away to may payment arrangements, which involved taking ACH payments weekly out of my checking account, in this process I would receive letters from Seterus that stated “THEY WILL” start foreclosure proceeding if the amount was not paid in full by a 1 month deadline and that any payment that I may they “could” keep and the same about partial payments.

So I would call and say I have payment arrangements, Oh any by the way – I can not access my online account with Seterus, do NOT receive monthly statement – nor will they send me the payment arrangements in writing – Because “they choose” not to correspond with me due to my bankruptcy over 10 years ago. So I fly blind every month to keep up with where I stand with payments.

I called to check and said that I should have had 2 months of payments and would have been caught up – NOPE – Seterus took late fees and interest out of every partial payment I made – so guess what I am still behind! This Company is out of control and there is nothing that is being done about it. I should also mention that I had to contact the FTC because they messed around with me for over a year trying to modify my loan – if you file a complaint with the FTC they have 15 days to respond – well in that 15 days I received my modification.

I should also mention that after that modification and my “new” payment amount, they started to raise it 2 months after stating that my escrow needed to be raised- well me taxes went down – so they said I was short $952.00 in my escrow – how can that happen when I just modified in October – they knew what the taxes and homeowners insurance was at that time. But still shorted the account. So the modification that was supposed to help me is now being raised at Seterus will – because of “escrow shortages” – Is there no Lawyer out there that could start a class action suit against these tactics, especially when you can not even view what they are taking out for late fees and interest.

I did contact Fannie Mae – they did not do anything but to tell me that Seterus could not take late fees or interest out when you have payment arrangements, well who is gonna do anything about it! NO ONE! We are all getting screwed every month and nothing happens and they get rich!

See More Seterus Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Seterus a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Seterus

Consumer Comments For Seterus

• Go to top class actions . com and start a suit!!!

• if any home owner receive the bade news Seterus is the mortgage servicer I wish him good luck Seterus is the worst Mortgage company I ever had

• finally I spoke with someone who toke sometimes to look closer for what s suppose to be asked before after hiring an Attorney and filed complain the answer was just something they never ask before
    I can t wait to change the service from Seterus to an other decent mortgage company

• hello

I am really happy to have this section so I can be part of seterus victims and to feel suported
    Seterus is servicing my Loan and lately is doing modification April was the last month from the 3 month trial period during 5 or almost 6 months of the modification it was just horrible how they deal with every issue and they call 3 to 4 times using the automatic dial but no one to talk with you. sometimes someone answer but it s just deja Vue
    Same questions and just joke not someone who will get me the right answer and to work together to solve a problem.
    Customer service are not trained well enough to handle the most simple of questions!

I have never written an online complaint before in my life. As someone who is self-employed I try to explain my problem and then explain how you can better meet the needs of customers

• Seterus customer service is absolutely horrible. The representatives are terrible incompetent. I could never get an straight and true answer from anyone. When a supervisor representation is questioned about anything the attitudes starts to escalate. Each time I telephone, I would also talk with an African American and this many people of this race, not all, have terminally bad attitudes and people skills. I am African American and the employees at Seterus make me ashamed to admit that I am of the African American race. Does Seterus only employee minorities? African Americans employed by Seterus appear, not sure, to be giving Seterus reputation. I am 70 years old and I have never communicated with a company with such poor customer service skills. You have been warned..DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SETERUS!!!!!!! IF I HAD KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW, I WOULD NOT HAVE TRANSACTED ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, REGARDLESS OF MY SITUATION.

• Seterus is a fraud and it is an extortion wing for Citimortgage. Millions for Americans are being attacked by these banksters, each home being charged thousands of dollars in extortion fees for any excuse they can make up.

Citimortgage wasted several days of my time getting information from me about my pay and my loan in order to "help" me reverse the thousands in extortion fees they’ve charged me over the years – what was really going on is that they were simply getting ready to transfer my loan to their extortion division "Seterus"

There are no government protections against this, and the only thing that is going to stop this is a mass-uprising against the bankster crooks.

It’s interesting that the victims are all minorities

• i’m not a minority…and they are all idiots!!

• Seterus has not paid my school tax for 2013 from the escrow they have collected from me.
    Something is going on with this company.

• Yes, I have a $1,000 refund check I am still waiting for them to send me from about 4 months ago – sure would like to charge them interest on top of it all. Do not understand how a company can operate without a moral compass – their lack of communication is on the side of absurdity.

• I have just learned that Seterus asked my insurance company to list them as mortgagee on my condominium insurance. I do not have a mortgage on my condominium. Seterus gave them my name, address, and a loan number. Again, I do not have a loan or mortgage on my condominium, much less with Seterus.

• seterus was the worse they gave me different answer everytime my morgage payment went up then finelyI ended up in forcloser I lost everything thet didnt want to work with me they talked to me as if I was a losser I would never deal with them Thet should be shut down if I had the money I would sue then for damages and pain and hardship it brough to me

• My mortage was just transferred sold- whatever to this company- horrible customer service- They do not have the correct information on Payment – I did not get a wewlcome packet until the second month- just trying to figure out how to pay your mortagage has been a real hassle..

• Seterus is QBE. Enough said. If you are not aware, google QBE force placed insurance class action.

• I will google QBE about the insurance. Every year Seterus writes to us and says we don’t have sufficient insurance on our home so that they can force a purchase of insurance from QBE. Even though we have provided sufficient evidence of insurance, they still charge us directly from escrow for a QBE policy that we don’t need and then it is a lengthy process to get our money back. What a dishonest way to float a company. It’s like kiting checks only they maneuver through escrow accounts. What a scam. Don’t allow Seterus to withdraw monthly payments from your bank account. Have you tried to discontinue that feature? You can’t because no one at Seterus will respond to you. It is outrageous.

• I do not understand the hate with Seterus. I have been with them for years and have been very helpful. Never had an issue, customer service is great and respectful.

• You have got to be kidding. Did you request Seterus to withdraw your monthly payments from your bank account? Have you tried to discontinue that feature? You can’t because no one at Seterus will respond to you. It is outrageous. Every year Seterus writes to us and says we don’t have sufficient insurance on our home so that they can force a purchase of insurance from QBE. Even though we have provided sufficient evidence of insurance, they still charge us directly from escrow for a QBE policy that we don’t need and then it is a lengthy process to get our money back. What a dishonest way to float a company. It’s like kiting checks only they maneuver through escrow accounts. What a scam.

• I am divorced, and ex-husband lives at property. Unfortunately he has not been making payments on time, but loan is in my name.
    I have filled out a third party request so that they could ask him the questions I am unable to answer. Every time they call me to ask why payments, are late, I tell them I have not lived at the property for five years and have no information regarding that question, they continue to call and ask the same questions which I give them the same info. The representive never has the info. on file.

They sent the end of year tax statement to my ex-husband. I asked them to send me a copy which I never got. I asked if I could print out a copy on line and they said yes. When I go on line, it is impossible to get the information.

• Seterus, Bought our loan from bank of america and said we had miss 3 payments. Which was a lie. They are trying to take our house. and charge fee. When to court, please keep proof of payments with your mortgage because they will come back and say you did not make the payments. So far they were unable to get our home because we never miss any payments nor have we ever been late but they certainly have tried and will continue to do so. Seterus is simply no good. Very bad business. But if you are in a chapter 13 banks will sell your mortgage to them. It appears they wants us to lose our home. But do not give them a chance. need class ACTION LAW SUE FOR SETERUS, BAD BANKING PRACTICE!!!!

• I just had two transactions for the same amount come out of my checking and the person on the line was very rude and said basically too bad its your fault and they may not return the $. I asked to speak to a manager and even then was told she is going to say the same as me. Which she didnt seh explained the steps I had to take etc BUT it is still a lengthy process and no help at all my best bet is that I have the money to cover it and just wont have to pay next month.
    VERY unhappy and wish it was as easy to switch mortgage companies as it would be for cable!

• CitiMortgage sold my mortgage to Seterus and the transition is quite poor on Seterus’ end. The payment was due by the 2/15, called them they told me I have 90 days to make my first payment without any late fees. That was hard to believe so I called back and got someone else and they looked at my account and told me that the person I talked to should of never gave me 90 days to pay. I keep telling them I never receive my welcome package, they said well maybe, because of the weather the mail is real slow. So, I made the payment over the phone and I am still waiting for a welcome package. I have a feeling this company is going to try and take money from homeowners and not give us any type of statement were are money is going.

• I to am about to be out of chapt.13 and citi mortgage has sold my loan to seterus i had no notification of this, until i called and ask about making my febuary payment, citi tells me they had sold the loan to seterus, so I call seterus and they tell me they have the loan but no information, they can’t tell me how much my payment is, or where to mail it to or when to make it, none of this makes sence. I was told that I would be recieving a welcome package in the mail, I’ve yet to recieve it. I’ve got a bad feeling about this company, wish me luck.

• Your not kidding!!!!

• My name is Also Richard and the exact same thing happened to me….except I have never had credit trouble or bankruptcy. These jokers are losers with poor customer service. Everything they mailed to me arrived 10 days after. "not responsible for the US Mail" they say, but I ask…does ANY first class mail take more than 2-3 business days? I think not. They delay, delay, delay and then charge fees if they can. Snakes. Liars.

• they suck, did me the same way 2 years ago and its been a nightmare ever since ;constant calls three ,four times a day; the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing

• Please help I feel as thought we have been screwed by Seterus home loan dealing with Insurance, escrow, PM I, and taxes that could lower our house notes

• seterus is a rip off

• Seterus is a bad company. They violate human rights and do what they want. We pay our taxes and insurance. They say they paid it (no records with the tax deptament or insurance companies) and they add on to our payment. They broke into our house…..changed all the locks,winterized it and broke the hot water heater (even though the house is in Florida),charged us for landscaping (we have a great landscaper) extra charges galore.We just spoke with a lawyer that said we can get the house free and clear for all the violations. We have our fingers crossed. I will post their info as soon as we see progress. TALK TO A LAWYER! DO NOT LET THESE THIEVES RUIN YOUR LIFE! Take back you rights. Good Luck!

• I agree that Seterus is one of the worst companies I’ve ever had to deal with. I have owned 3 homes since 1972 and never had the problems that I have had since Chase passed me onto Seterus. I’ve never been late on my mortgage payments until Seterus took over, now they have applied late fees and throw my mortgage payments in a limbo account to show that I’m late, when technically my payments are made electronically and sent by my bank. Try to talk to them is like talking to a kid. Their customer service personal are programmed to argue with us like were the bad guys. When is the government going to look over all these complaints and their unethical practice and shut them down for good. Because of Seterus I’m now on blood pressure medication and if I develope a heart condition Seterus is to blame. Please go to https://oag.ca.gov/node/23031/done?sid=67379 and file your complaint.

• HELP! This is happening to us. What happened with your case? PLEASE respond an update. Someone showed up at our house and told our tenants we were in foreclosure and they had to move out and that they needed to come in the house and take pictures. Luckily our tenants refused them entrance and called us. Seterus is denying they sent anyone. I Have been given a run around for weeks even though I have paid! HELP

• I have been calling Seterus for the past two weeks and not one is answering the call, the recording states due to technical difficulties calls are not being answered, payments on the mortgage needs to be made. because we are behind. we cant pay on line- so what should we do? I have left a call back # per the recording and to date no one has called back.
    we do not want to get into foreclosure— help!!!!
    This is not good for us and for our credit

• This company is not only ignoring calls, but has been ignoring the calls of my title company, and we WANT TO PAY THE LOAN OFF! My title company says they deal with mortage companies all day long, and Seterus is the worst! Put the title person on hold 5 mins. at a time, every time she had to call. Refused to give her my payoff amount… despite the fact that I faxed in a request with my name, my ss #, my loan # etc. Now I am calling them to find out what my new mortage is, because I changed insurance providers at a savings of almost 50%. Have called twice today, and after waiting on hold for 12 mins. to talk to a supervisor, was hung up on. Called right back, and was hung up again. I’m not calling and screaming, or being rude or anything! This company has absolutely NO customer service. All they want to do is harass me, harass my title company, and make life difficult for everyone. Who would be interested in talking to this company and telling them to clean up their act? What b.s. Only makes me NEVER want to own a home again. By the way, my former mortage holder Suntrust, sold my loan to Seterus in the middle of me applying for a refi. I’d already paid my application fees to apply for a HARP loan, and Suntrust just sold my loan after years and years of on-time payments at 6-1/4 interest.

• I hope you are aware that Sterus is owned by Chase . You can go to your bank and they can wire the money directly to them. Customer Service has to provide you with the pay off amount. Or contact this number 1-503-372-8142 xt 5454 and remember they will ask you what is the reason for paying this loan off.

• I was on the phone trying to make a payment that yes is behind. It was for the month of December, tried to pay over the months amount. I spoke to three people and the last being the so called manager. He laughed at me! I hope that his life always works out according to his plan and doesn’t ever need any grace. I am not asking of anything other than wanting to pay for what I owe. He belittled me. They would not accept any payment. How crazy is that? Does the president of the company care that those he has employed are treating people with such little respect? I guess not, " I’m not a customer, I owe them"

• Seterus is a dumping ground for high risk mortgages. the big banks are just trying to side step class action suits because of there unwillingness to help when it’s needed, they rather dump the mortgage before it gets that far. I’m at the end of a bankruptcy that will end at the same time my mortgage will term so I really don’t under stand why Citi bank sold my mortgage. the only thing i’m thinking is this company is going to try and screw me some how. Wish me luck, ill see in may.

• Same here. At the very end and the mortgage was never involved. It was always on time. I think that Citi has broken many laws. All Fannie Mae loans are of risk. The boys at Citi got caught doing bad things and they do not want to pay us off. Chase is in the middle of hundreds of suits cannot get rid of the FM loans. They wait too long. We are also High risk for foreclosure and Citi is betting that we will foreclose after the end. Not a lot of people make it the sixty months of chapter 13. I noticed Chase sold off my equity because they know I can dissolve it if I make the sixty months. Banks are crooks. End of story. I don’t blame Seterus that they had thousand of loans dumbed on them because of the idiots at Citi and FM. We will see if they are any more honest….

• We are new to the Chap 13, could you tell me what you mean by "most don’t make it the 60 months", and how and what does it mean that Chase "sold YOUR equity" and you can "dissolve" it (again new to all of this, so bear with me please). Would like to be armed with better knowledge so to lessen their ability to take us. Thank you.

• I purchased my home in Florida in 2006 for 242,000 .I became a victim of Chinese drywall crisis. I cannot sell my home. I cannot rent it or live in it due to the hazardous chemicals found in the drywall. I am being sued by the HOA and by Seterus Fannie Mae. My home is in foreclosure now and Chase sold my loan to Seterus which is owned by Chase. Seterus is suing me for the balance on my home which is 152,000. They want a default judgment so they can force me out of my NY residence since there is equity in the home. My FL home is on the market for a short sale for 28,500.00. But Chase and Seterus forget that the bank did the appraisal on the house and appraised it at 242,0000. They refuse to give me a copy of the appraisal. They are filing motions in court because I own another home and they will not accept the short sale price they are hungry for more money while I lost 100,000.00 for payments & upgrades on the home and not including attorney fees on a worthless house that they apprised and there is no homeowners protection. The modifications are a scam .They are trying to throw me and my family out of my NY residence . They are an evil bank run by the devil and do not have any morals. Because normal people do not throw a family out of their home especially when they are the victim. The only thing I have left is my NY home. I cashed all my retirement investments to pay for attorney fees.

• I think this is the WORST mortgage company and I am having them investigated.

• Dovenmuehle transferred my mortgage to Seterus back in July 2013. They have been collecting escrow money since the transfer. Well they have not paid my tax bills the last two quarter billing cycles leaving me with interest charges. When I called I had to wait on hold for over an hour and when I finally did get a through to their "tax dept" they told me they had to forward it to the research department. I asked who dropped the ball??? I told her Seterus has been collecting escrow payments from me for months and a red flag didn’t go up when my escrow account was growing and no one was getting paid? Guess who they blamed???! Yes Dovenmuehle, sorry that doesn’t fly. When you are collecting escrow payments you have a responsibility to the borrower to let them know there is a problem. This is completely unacceptable. Now I will have to follow up until this gets rectified and hope it does not hit my credit. I would NEVER recommend this company if you don’t have to use them.

• This is happening to me right now. They didnt pay my taxes by Jan 1, 2014 for 2013 Tax bill.
      Did you ever get it paid by them?

• They a rreally smart company. all wtha thet wnat to do is get us impatient ang take benefit of all of us.
    they can resale house and make a easy 35% profit on each house.
    my question is why we don
    t get together and send letter to hud. m’ sure they can do something about this slash of lender.
    i wait for answers, thanks

• I’m furious with Seterus to say the least! We have 7 rental propertiers that were transfered to Dovenmuehle as the hometown bank was shut down. Payed ontime but they were transfered to Seterus. I just tried to access my account online and my password didn’t work. I entered my username and entered a security question answer and received an email on the temp password. It didn’t work either so locked me out. The call center wanted to inform me that I was late on a payment. I auto pay on the 10th of the month, which is in the grace period, but she had to read me the penalties of not paying on time. After 30 minutes she said she would have to contact another team to try and assist me as she could not do anything as the system is telling her I’m not registered! They make you feel like a deadbeat with the way the handle their calls. Need to get them back to our home town bank but with some being in remodel mode we’re not able to get the loan…but as soon as I can get away from Seterus I will pull the plug!!! We had no control on where our loans have gone and that just doesn’t feel right to me!

• To all of you that have posted comments I wish you luck. 2 years ago I had a mortgage with JP Morgan Chase and fell on tough times. I was instructed to apply for a modification and was told that I did not qualify because the investors (insured mortgage) would gain more if I lost the house. I have a great career and make a great living but could not make anyone work with me. I received a letter from Seterus and within 5 WEEKS they took my house. My advise to all of you is get a good lawyer as quickly as you can. Seterus is nothing more than a chop shop for mortgage companies to dump mortgages on. File a complaint with Sallie Mae, the Consumer Financial Protection Agency and the OCC.

• My suggestion to anyone having or had a nightmare with Seterus (a collection agency) and who live in California is to file a complaint with Kamala Harris, Attorney General of California. She is on top of companies that have too many complaints filed against them and she will investigate their practice process and maybe shut them down. Right now, I’m in the process of a loan modification with Seterus and its days before I have to start the process all over again because the documents can’t be over 60 days from review. You bet you, I plan to file a complaint if I get the run around.

• well, after reading all of this information, I totally feel like I am not the only one dealing with the ‘dumbest’ mortgage company ever…………….but really wonder if it is or if they must use it to their advantage to play dumb!!!

• OMG; I just found out today that my mortage is Seterus!!! I am pissed; as I am reading several disparaging comment after comment on this company. I will be joining in on any class actions suit that is created! I am not happy at all!! I just had a phone coversation with Seterus and it was liek talking to my next door neighbor; there was not a professional tone during the entire 15 minute conversation!!

• You might be interested in knowing who actually owns Seterus: IBM to Rebrand Their Mortgage Servicing Division as Seterus
    Seattle Short Sales – Sunday, May 29, 2011

• I live in Boston MA and would like to be a part of any legal action against Seterus and Bank of America. I am a retiree and have been denied a modification by BOA, who transferred my loan to seterus, who also denied a modification. Anyone with informaton can contact me at
    jeanc540@aol.com.

• Seterus is the worst mortgage company ever. When my loan was sold by BOA they were unable to correctly calculate the escrow payment. After two months and my submission did it get straightened out. When the company changed payment address, the payment sent a day or two before the end of the month, got re-routed to the correct address after the 15th of the month. Of course, Seterus charged a late fee. When a complaint was filed with the State the late charge was taken off and a letter to the State saying it was a mistake. Mistake, yeah!
    After Superstorm Sandy our house was flooded and uninhabitable. With the middle of winter approaching the $20,000 advance check to repair the house took 10 days for Seterus to process so it could be cashed while the house did not have heat or hot water.. Final straw with the roof leaking and needing money to fix, Seterus charged us for annual hazard insurance in the closing statement in spite of the fact the property was being sold. Now they say it will take 30 days to get the money while the roof continues to leak.

• We used to have a mortgage with boa and was sold to setarus. with boa we were just settling on modification when they told us it was sold. We explained the situ.tation to them, we did not send any paperwork to them, and they said if we paid our mortgage on time for three months , and will be our new payment which is three hundred less than our original payment.. They said our interest rate is lowered and they will extend our mortgage out. We still get letters that say we owe thousands of dollars but everytime my husband calls they say , ignore them. Very concerned we are going to get screwed.

• same thing happening to me right now. after my husband died, I got a loan modification from Suntrust Bank. The worst thing they did was sell the loan to Seterus. How this company continues to exist legally is a mystery. I went on a loan payment plan to catch up (set up by seterus with amounts and dates proscribed by seterus). I complied with their dates and amount. When it came time to pay my normal payment, everything went to **** in a hand basket. EVERYTIME I CALL, I GET A DIFFERENT AMOUNT, DATE, PERSON. They send tons of mail, and each time I call, they tell me to ignore it.

• Same problem for me..I was told my modification was approved in feb and now received a letter saying I owe 21 dollars and my payment going up! When I called I was told that I wasn’t approved. I asked how much I owed I was told less than my original payment and the trial amount. I don’t understand the math they use.

• Our experience with Seterus has been a true nightmare especially dealing with the call-center people where Seterus out-sources most of their customer service. Our monthly mortgage payment has changed some 5 times in 6 months as Seterus (1) paid the property tax on the wrong property and (2) charges me for home-owners insurance premiums that I pay directly to the insurance company and which Seterus shows as the insurer of record. Each week a new person calls me regarding payment and when all is explained promises to rectify the mistakes but nothing ever happens. I have decided to withhold my mortgage payment in the hopes that I can finally get some answers from someone at this company who is actually employed by them.

• We have had a nightmare with Seterus too. We had to send in the same paperwork 3 times after a bankruptcy to apply for a loan modification. Chase sold our loan to Seterus after a critical illness prevented us from making our payments. The spouse, who was a disabled veteran, ended up on a ventilator dying. Making it though numerous medical problems; one spouse was bedridden for 4 years and the other spouse had to leave their job to take care of the sick spouse. Even our U.S. Senator could not help us. We are now trying to short sale. We will see. Capt. Boudreau

• It’s been a while since this happened but when I would send Seterus a payment early they would routinely post the payment to principle even though I sent the exact amount due. Then they would call me and ask when would I send the payment. I explained that I did send it and they posted it in the wrong place. Most of the time the person on their end would look it up and see the error and correct it and assure me it wouldn’t happen again. It kept happening every month. Then I got this moron of a woman that said that was the way it was supposed to be because their customers "wanted it that way". I told her how ridiculous that was and she got rude with me. I told her that if I wanted money posted to principle that I would designate it so when I sent in the payment. She said that wasn’t possible. The result is that I now wait until the 1st of each month to send in my payment.

• cURRENT WITH PAYMENTS FOR OVER A YEAR, BUT HAVE other charges NOT INCLUDED IN LOAN MOD AND NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY WILL FORCLOSE , THESE CHARGES ARE BEING DISPUTED BY MY LAWYER AND THEY ARE ILLEGAL DEFAULT/FORECLOSURE FILING FEES AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED, AFTER i PAYED 2700.00 IN LEGAL FEES ALREADY. tHEY SAY IT WAS TO REMOVE THE FORECLOSURE BY ATTORNEYS AND MAILINGS AND COURT FEES, BUT THEY FORECLOSED ON ME WHEN WE WERE IN A SPECIAL FOREBARENCE PAYMENT PLAN, ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DO THIS, AND IM STILL FIGHTING THEM. THEY ARE CORRUPT BY THE GOVERNMENT AND US PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST THESE BANKS, AND FANNIE MAE!

• April, FYI: Most Seterus’ employees are new to a field or totally inexperienced in the mortgaging servicing field. Seterus hires employees every three months, who do not last once they are on the floor working because a lot of them don’t even know or understand what a mortgage is. Employees receive very little training and once they are on the phones basically they are on their own. Supervision sucks, most supervisors spend most of their time out socializing and smoking all day long that’s why when a customers requires that they want to speak with a supervisor they are not available. I think someone needs to file a complaint with Fannie Mae!

• Please start the law suit! This comp needs to be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!

• I now have my mortgage with Seterus before it was Bank Of America. My husband passed away a little over 3 years ago, the mortgage is actually listed as Estate of>>> I am not on the loan but I am on the deed and my husband had sent a letter saying the original mortgage could speak with me and answer any questions about the mortgage about 12 years ago. This is not good enough for Seterus. once a week they call at my job and ask for Estate of and my husbands name, i always inform them I am his wife Estate of means he has passed away, I ask what can I help them with and then they inform me they can not speak to me. This has been going on since December 2012. I am not behind on the mortgage so to me this is about the stupidest thing I have had to deal with since his death
    Most companies say I am sorry for your loss and then tell me what they need. I do not know what to do it hurts me since i am still in grieving over his sudden death. I probably know as much about my mortgage as they do so why bother me. I am not calling them.

• Sorry to hear you are going through this at such a hard time for you. Next time they call (you may have already done this) tell them they are not to contact you at this number and it is your job. Give them another contact number like your home or cell.(or attorney) At least in my state Maine if you tell a crediter in no uncertain terms that they can not call at work if they call again, call the State Banking commision. You can even tell them that you do not want them to call period and that they can send a letter. I worked at a good bank (if there is such a thing) so that’s how I know. I hope this helps. My loan was just sold to this company. Based on the complaints, I’m not looking foward to it.

• record them and report them to the consumer financial protection bureau.

• You need to fax them or mail them (certified) proof that you are the executor of the estate of your husband and that your name is on the property deed. I am a trustee and executor of someone who had a BOA mortgage that was sold off to Seterus. I was trying to sell the property and requested a payoff statement. It has been a nightmare – again, they would not talk to me or tell me anything – said I was not authorized. I faxed them my trust doc, later they asked for original trust docs and every time I called was faced with "cannot talk to you". They tell a million different variations of the story, give a different processing time every time and something that would take a day to resolve with another mortgage company has not been resolved in over a month. For your own good, make sure they receive and process all the documentation that proves you are the executor and on the deed of your husband’s and your property as when you actually need to do something e.g. have a query re taxes or escrows etc. or want to sell the property – it will be a nightmare!

• Can I get the corporate office phone number for Seterus? I don’t have a mortgage with Seterus anymore but there is a dispute on my credit report on my Seterus account and I need to get it removed but I am not finding anyway to reach the department I need to other than a fax and it will take up to 30 days. And I don’t even have an account with them anymore. Any suggestions>

• I have never had a problem with Seterus. Every time I call the rep. is very helpful. When I am late on a payment, I call and they set-up a payment plan to help me catch up. I have had this company for three years and always have been treated with respect.

• Good for you! One in a Million this comp sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I AGREE

• i AGRE TO THAT TO

• you’re the only one!

• You must work for Seterus

• Amen to that! Jen your probably the one of 20 people that they programmed.

• god maybe you can help everyone else then we are also waiting for a payoff on a Seterus loan transferred on Jan 2 its been a complete circus!

• same for me joe

• Seterus took over my loan from BOA, I was behind with BOA and made payment arrangements that where not ever very clear and was getting tons of letters each month threatening foreclosure. I worked hard and was able to catch up with with seterus and am currently current however I still have to pay within the grace period as it is the timeline in witch I get paid each month. And each month very rude and mean people call my wife who is not even on the loan demanding payment. I am 100k upside down in my house. I am making my full payments every month, and now I get harassed more than ever.

I have had several mortgages over the years and this is by far the worst one I have had to deal with. They treat you as if they own you. I called to try and understand and explain but they just demanded the payment.

Would never recommend anyone seek a loan through this company.

• I have about the same but my husband passed away. Seterus took my loan over from BOA
      my name is not on the loan but I am on the deed of trust. Seterus calls me at my job once a week and ask for the Estate of my husband, then say they can not talk to me about the mortgage without a letter from him, I want to see that happen he has been gone over 3 years now. I am not behind on our mortgage although it takes a whole paycheck to make the payment .

• When after 20-years I tried to change insurance companies Seterus insisted on an replacement cost far above the new insurors estimate then immediately imposed their own policy which cost twice as much, even before the new insurer could respond. It took a lawyer, who filed a complaint with Portland F.B.I., plus at least four letters to remove the Seterus policy.

When a payment was sent by priority mail and not cashed 7-days after, the Seterus Rep. claimed that it had not been received. I informed Seterus that the first check would be immediately stopped and sent a replacement which was received before the loan could show up as delinquent. "Miraculously" Seterus located the first check then cashed it (coincidently after the replacement had already cleared), then tried to charge a fee when it was returned. It is obvious that the systems do not communicate with each other from the mailroom up through the service reps. I know that most folks pay over the net ,as I do on many accounts, but that does not mean that SETERUS should not be equally capable of processing payments that are mailed.

• so if the first payment was "Immediately" stopped then when they "Miraculously" found your first payment, how would they have been able to deposit that check, it was immediately stopped right……….

• I made a payment agreement with Seterus to pay an extra $200 on my payment every month to catch up on the $800 I was behind. Now they want me to submit foreclosure avoidance papers, are charging me late fees because I’m behind because I didn’t submit those papers, etc. I didn’t figure I should go through all that when my loan will be caught up in less than 4 months. But what the ****…why would they make a payment agreement and then do that?!

• they will tell you what you want to hear, been dealing with this company for over a year, payments and everything paid ontime and today they threaten to put me in foreclosure and all payments have been paid and ontime, never got supervisor, got hung up on when I told them they were being recorded. 3 yrs trying to deal with a unlawful foreclosure with 5 different banks on this loan and owe legal fees and there still threatening to take my home, either keep on them to get something in writing certified, but they wont, or just pay tthe 800 or they will take your home, made payment arraingment and got default and foreclosure on my door. fight them with paper, get a lawyer, or pay them.THEY WONT HELP YOU

• I just made the last payment on a repayment agreement on the 18th of April to catch up on my mortgage. All the payments were due on the 18th of the month, as per the agreement. Now they want my mortgage payment in by the end of the month (April), including som late fees that have been tacked on. Makes no sense to me.

• Susan we had a similar agreement with them as well. They kept 2 payments and then ended up sending our 3rd and 4th payment back stating they could not hold onto it since we were behind and we had to catch up in order for them to accept payments & not the full amount. They did keep the first 2 payments.

• Half of you guys are idiots First of all BOA did not sell you loan Fannie mae the Investor gave the loan to seterus the servicer.
    Again fannie mae is in charge of many banks out there do your research and STFU! with your complains!!

• obviously you haven’t had to deal with Seterus. If you have been treated as we were when all we were trying to do is make our mortgage payments on time and without any problems, you would be **** too. We ALL can’t be wrong. We all have very good reasons to dislike this company. Seterus is making it very difficult for us to have the piece of mind we were used to when we were with other companies. There WILL be a class action suit against this company and they will finally get what they deserve!

• first you are a group of a few unhappy borrowers who’s loans transferred to seterus, where are the other hundred thousand loans f***y mae has placed with seterus, with any company that deals with "Collections" their will always be negative comments. Seterus is still bound by all of the same rules and regulations as any other loan servicer company in america, RESPA, FDCPA, FCRA, etc.

• i guess you work for seterus you STFU this is the complaintlist

• @ chris please start the class action suit ! This comp needs to be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!

• Really, you are mistaken; we had the same problem and our loan was NOT a Fannie Mae. I think it’s you who needs to get your facts strait

• Seterus only services loans from fannie mae, despite who your current service is, chace, suntrust, BOA, what have you, your loan was submitted to seterus by Fannie Mae

• bs my loan is not a fannie mae loan

• I like them better than BOA (who sold my loan to them). Only thing I don’t like is the $5.00 online payment fee.

• Hi

I read your complaint about Setarus on the internet. My loan was also transferred to Setarus

from Bank Of America. I had started a loan modification with Boa mow I had to start all

over again. Setarus has been a horror they repeatedly lost paperwork and then stalled the

mod out and said we did not qualify because the mortgage had to be 60 days to 6 months late.

How did you finally get them to work with you. My wife and I are both disabled on a fixed income

and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Dan Maloney

Cell 516-410-6837

• See if you can find a HUD counselor for your area. They are dealing with so many of these problems from all different banks. They know all the rules and time lines the banks are supposed to do. They may even call the bank directly (mine did). Keep at these banks. Sometimes I think they want people to give up.

• I have the exact same situation, maddening

• Seterus is the worst, do no do business with them if at all possible. My loan was transferred from BOA, and for ten years I paid interest and principle only without one being late. When my insurance stopped coverage they added a policy from their own company with a monthly cost of double what my P&I was. I soon got my own insurance and they continue to ask for an escrow payment that’s double my P&I, though I’ve never had an escrow payment as part of this loan in all these years. Avoid Seteras !!!!

• Have been trying to get a modification on our loan since Aug 2012. Every time you call you have to repeat your whole story. When they do call you (for your payments that are behind) you ask them how far they are with your loan modificiation and they act like they have no clue what you are talking about. I have faxed / mailed / fedex all our documents 10 times over to these people. Last week I had a call to say they have everything in order to proceed with a loan modification but today I received a call saying ‘you owe thousands, when are you paying"???!!! They are absolutely the WORSE people to deal with, with no regard to the emotional roller coaster they put you on.

• Who owns your loan? Fannie Mae contacted me directly to get my modification documents together and then they forwarded the documents to Seterus, so Seterus could not claim that they did not receive all the info – I was told. So apparently Fannie knows there is a problem with this company. Incidentally, all the customer service reps have been polite. They have to do the robo calls and ask you the same info over and over. Seterus seems to suffer from poor management.

• They have ask Reason for deliquent people are dumb to give long stories just said something short and they will take it

• seterus is awful the worst. no wonder the BBB has 499 complaints against them. Have been working over a year to get bogus charges from there mistake off my account. Everytime you call you get someone new. Here is some help. I live in Calif. the **** they have put me through here is a payback. I have the phone number for Salem Oregon 503-372-8142 you need extensions to talk to somenoe, the two loser supervisors I have is Jessica Davis ext 5583 or Don Rocki? ext 7781 flood these aka leaders will your complaints. I plan on calling several times a day to treat them as they have treated me. Let the games begin. Pissed in Calif.

• I have had two loans handled by the Seterus Company and they were excellent. Just a clarification…Seterus is NOT a mortgage company, they only collect the payments and handle issues.

• Our loan was just bought by Seterus. We have missed a payment in the past and are currently stuggling to make our existing payment. We will only be able to make the payment if our payment was cut in half… we are about 100,000 upside down. I would love to hear from others any suggestions to help us stay in our home as long as we can. Or if we have to shortsale… but we really dont want to leave our home.

• Call Quicken Loans…they reduced my loan pmt from 1500 to 1000. They have new ways to finance upside down loans now. New law passed.

• As cruel as it may sound….you should stop making payments. The only way to qualify for a modification on your loan is to be more than 60 days past due. You wont lose your home but it has to go into foreclosure to qualify for a modification. Once in a modification status, the foreclosure is put on hold.. this can take 4 to 6 months to complete and in that time you are not required to make any payments and may even get a few extra months to start paying a new mortage after the modification is finalized. We have done this.. it is nerve racking to believe it works this way but trust me. They cant forclose during a modification.. This is information that all banks do not want you to know because by law, it forces them into more paperwork.

• The way I was able to keep my house was to remodel and rent out my basement. Didn’t like doing it, but it is a better solution that always being behind on my house payment or facing foreclosure.

• I hate to read all these complaints, I have had nothing but good things from Seterus. They helped us when BOA would not do a thing for us.

• I feel the same way … we tried to remodify with BOA but they had us almost out of the house and we had to refinance our second morg. to fix the issues BOA had caused us! My husband lost his job about 4 yrs ago and we were struggling so badly … it was awful! BOA would not help us they did nothing to work with us! It was the second worst thing we had ever dealt with … the first was almost loosing the house because of BOA’s incompetence! Seterus has been such a pleasure to work with! I work from home and yes we had to jump through some serious hoops to get our modification to go through but it was well worth it for us! I am sorry others are having so many issues! But so far Seterus has been a god send for us! Just called and talked to them this AM … had to change a pmt amount … took about 5 minutes all in all…. Call BOA just once … you will be on hold for AT LEAST 30 mins, and then they will talk in circles and never answer your questions!

• I had a complaint about misinformation at Bank of America where they said I was a pmt ahead ater modification. When I brought this up and fell a pmt behind they transferred my loan now BA wont research my complaint. Call every week and they take my info but never call me back.

• Well we are ready to closed escrow and since we have an impound account on our taxes. Seterus has only made 1st installment on it which was Dec.10th but they have not made the Feb. 1st payment (april 10th) and in order to closed by law we have to pay both installments. Quick and loan called Seterus to ask them to pay for the second installment so that we can closed and they said NO.. What a nightmare, regardless we have to come up woth the money to closed our refi..If i would have known I would have not made my Payment that month and use it to pay the 2700.00 in taxes.. Seterus should pay for the impound tax account but because they put that money aside to make interest on the money it is not convenient for them ….This is one of the major reasons I do not want to continue with them. So i too kmoney out of my credit card to stop teh nightmare with this company they suck..They shouldn’t even be in business, they are unprofessional and unhuman thy’re customer service sucks..

• The company brought foreclosure proceedings against one of my clients. After we interposed a defense, the Court referred the case to mediation as is the standard course of procedure. At mediation, Seterus modified the loan and set the escrow at an amount that my client could afford. Within two months of the modification, the escrow was arbitrarily jacked up a couple hundred bucks. The new escrow charges far exceed the annual insurance and property tax obligations. My client could not afford the increased escrow, and penalties and late fees were assessed. Seterus is obligated to return the excess escrow at the end of the term, but not the late fees and penalties. Is this an unintentional overcharge or a new profit model. What do you think?

• Watch out for what Seterus representative tell you. Nobody seems to know what the others have said to you.
    And when they DO tell you they are going to do something, do NOT take it for granted that they will. They told us they would clear up our credit report and finalize our deed in lieu after we requested this in several emails. But now, after having moved out of our place over 6 and a half months ago, and after finalizing our deed in lieu the end of August….FINALLY, we still (as of Dec. 16th) have this negative on our credit report which claims we are continuing non-payments on our mortgage. Even though they SOLD the house the week after we moved out, even before the deed in lieu was recorded.
    I would never trust these people again. This has been such a mess.

• HC,

Right you are. They are like the old Arpege perfume commercial with a twist. Promise them anything but give them the shaft. While we were dealing with Seterus, they appeared to be helpful and agreed to cover certain costs with our ILF. One in particular was our septic pumping whic they said we had to do before we could move forward with the ILF. Their representative said we would be reimbursed for the cost. The day after we moved out we got a call from the same representative who then said they changed their minds and would not reimburse us. When we asked to talk to her supervisor, he said they would pay it but it would be deducted from our relocation money. Apparently they were agreeing to anything to get us out of the house.

• This company is a real joke! i WANTED OUT and decided to payoff my loan! That was in June 2012 and I have been trying to get a letter of satisfaction to give to county Clerks office in NY SO I CAN HAVE A CLEAN DEED! Still have nothing! simply amazing!

• 707557 216871Very interesting subject , regards for putting up. 859202

• My mortgage was sold to Seterus from Bank of America . BOA has had my loan from the start. As soon as I was laid off from my job and needed help from them they sold our loan. I was terrified after reading so many horrible reviews about Seterus . After calling Seterus to schedule a payment I was so impressed. The acct. rep. I spoke to Monica Eden was so helpful and really put my mind to ease. I never recieved this kind of service at Bank of America. Thank You to Monica.

Sherry V.

Hamilton N.J.

• I think your mortgage company is a joke. You have not tried to help me one bit when I have already sent you the proper documents and information to you. I have been in touch with you daily, recently I was contacted by an underwriter named Shannon Murphy, where she said she could help me in the middle of the next month. Now I have contacted them over and over, and now they have told me, I have lost my privilege to talk to them, I feel they have done nothing but make the problem worse, and they are not trying to help me and my family keep our home.

• Sounds similar to what I went through, but I was trying to fight this from overseas. No welcome letter from Seterus, no account number, so no website access. Aaaargh! It eventually worked out when the snail mail got to me, but now I still have trouble with their blasted website. I so want to pay this loan off, just to be rid of them!

• wrong answers. they did send out packages, and yes you have a 7 digit loan number or social security number and your the one that seems gone aot