Nationstar Mortgages Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Nationstar Mortgages Profile

Nationstar Mortgages Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: Nationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc.
Category: Mortgage Services

Average Rating: 1.40 of 5
Based On: 5 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Nationstar Mortgages

We are Being Defrauded of our Homes From NationStar

Nationstar mortgage purchased my loan about a year ago. They started to send my condo that I don’t get mail at nor live at. Not knowing that they bought my mortgage I became behind. Fortunately my neighbor received my mail on accident and called me and gave me my mail.

All the while I was still being charged by my old lender. I gathered all my bank statements and sent them to Nationstar for them to review they told me they would give me a credit which what close to 6k. After they reviewed it they did nothing and would not accept anything less than the full payment. I finally got money and was able to come current with my account and wire transferred them all their money. It has now been a month and a half and they still have not applied my wire transfer.

When I call someone will answer and tell me that I am delinquent and they will transfer me to someone that can help. As soon as I get to the next person after being on hold for about 30 mins they tell me the same and transfer me again this ends up happening a few more times and I get sick of it and hang up and call back only to get all the same responses. I also receive a letter about every month changing my Single Point of contact, which I have called everyone of them and left messages only to get no reply.

I was able to reach one guy and he told me that they had to confirm my payment because it was a large sum and it would be applied in about a week and my payment would then change. That still hasn’t happened and I cannot get ahold of anybody to resolve this. After looking up reviews on Nationstar I have found out that I am one of thousands that this is happening to.

What do we do? We are being defrauded of our homes and out money and our government is just letting this happen!!!

View Comments View More Nationstar Mortgages Complaints

Is Nationstar Mortgages a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Nationstar Mortgages

5 thoughts on “Nationstar Mortgages

1. I had a mortgage with Nationstar Mortgage for a house in Anchorage, Alaska. In October 2013 I sold this house, and the title company sent a money wire to the payoff account for Nation Star at Wells Fargo Bank. In mid-November 2013 I received a phone call from a Nation Star representative who stated my November 1 payment was late. I informed her I sold the house and the payoff had been sent. After several more calls, I contacted the title company to ask for verification of the payoff and a copy of the money wire document that I could send to Nation Star. Both were provided; I faxed the money wire information to Nation Star at a fax number provided to me by another Nation Star rep on November 22, 2013. Despite providing this information and asking that any further communication be in writing, I continue to receive calls from Nation Star daily as late as 11:00pm. None of the reps know anything about the previous discussions or that information has been sent. They just continue to ask about payments that are late.

2. same boat only now payed all my back payments to nov 1 2013 got a nov statement with regular payment due all caught up right!! WRONG after i mailed my nov payment got a letter stating i ouded 269.00 more rased my payment to 396.88 and now they say i am past due!!!

3. Nationstar has been asked by myself and hexter-fair title to provide a payoff quote so that we can proceed with a CASH sale of my home. They have yet to do it. Despite the fact that the title company has requested it at least 3x and I myself have asked 4x and been promised 3x (supposedly by a manager) that it will be there within 24-48 hrs. This has yet to happen and it's been a week. They have NO problem calling you all day long saying a payment is due, but not only are they very unorganized and unprofessional, they will not let me actually speak to a manager.

4. I also just received this same 'charge' on my bill from Nationstar.
    Mine was for $9.00 for Property Inspection and I was also told the same thing (after the man that answered the phone had to go find out what it was himself). That it was for someone to 'drive by' and see if the house was vacant and that the so-called 'drive by' was done 6months ago but they were just now billing for it? I asked if I could have that in writing to which he said "Put what in writing?" I said can you please put in writing what you just told me because it seems people say one thing then later the story changes. But I said just nevermind because I had to get back to work, after verifying this was a ONE TIME fee. I still don't buy that claim of it being legitimate but will pay it for now and keep track of all these 'fees' to send to Attorney General. Oh, and also beware if you use online payments with Nationstar as I realized they used to HOLD payments until they were late in order to charge a late fee (I couldn't figure out how they did it but then saw that they also used the same bank I did to send it through (Wells Fargo) I may a bit paranoid at this point but the way things are now I don't trust either of them.