Nationstar Mortgage Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 22, 2015

Nationstar Mortgage Corporate Contact

Business Name: Nationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc.
350 Highland Dr
Lewisville, Texas 75067 USA

Corp Phone Number: 888-850-9398
Company Contact: Jay Bray - President & CEO

Nationstar Mortgage Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Nationstar Mortgage Complaint

Is Nationstar Mortgage a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Mortgage Services Directory ListingNationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc. Listing

Escrow Account Calculations

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Jay Bray, the CEO of Nationstar. I did not include the attachments.

Mr. Jay Bray
Nationstar Mortgage
350 Highland Drive
Lewisville, TX 75067

Dear Mr. Bray,

I am writing to you again out of sheer frustration at how your company does business. (See item1)

I do not dispute that my escrow payment should increase. I dispute the amount. And the calculation.

Let me explain. All along Nationstar’s position has been (since taking over the loan from BofA), that my payment needed to increase $40.00 a month. At the time I had a large surplus, ($1,400.00+) in the escrow account but that didn’t seem to matter. This initial matter was supposed to be resolved by your employee Cusha Peterson. She said she would look into the matter and have it taken care of.

She could not.

I then received a letter with a print out of my escrow account that was not clear to me. Via email, I wrote back to Chris LeBel, the employee who sent the letter, (See item 2 & 3 ) asking for a clear simple explanation, but no one responded. How can there be a surplus and shortage at the same time is the question I wanted answered. Not too much to ask do you think?

At this point Nationstar dropped the matter. I increased my payment in December of 2014 as my property taxes finally increased. I took the increase, divided by 12 and added that amount to my monthly check. Voluntarily. The payment went from $2,206.05 to $2,237.86.

I heard nothing from Nationstar until an audit in May of this year. Surprise I had a huge shortage. Given my past experience, I was skeptical. I tried to deal with it via an email from your secure site. (see item 4)

At the same time customer service started calling and asking for more money as my account was in “serious trouble”. Mind you I’ve never been late with a payment and all taxes and insurance have always been paid. As I explained my doubts, your employees didn’t want to hear anything from me other than how and when was I going to pay up.

Finally during the last week of July, a Shante (sp?) Wilson called and identified herself as a “problem loan specialist”. At first she could not get a hold of me as I was in a 3-day conference but I did manage to squeeze in a call and we agreed to speak on August 3, 2015. We spoke and she said she would help clear it up. I sent her an 11-page fax with my documentation to get the process started. I did not hear from her in a timely manner so on the 12th of August I called and left a message. After 4 days, I called again and left a message.

I indicated at how disappointed I was in her and if she didn’t return my call, I would report her and escalate the matter with corporate.

During same this time I received a letter stating that my loan was now officially in default. The checks for July and August were cashed but my loan payments have been suspended?

You take my money but don’t apply the funds and instead put my loan in default. How is that helpful? I spoke with customer service and told the person that Ms. Wilson was helping me sort things out and that I’ve been waiting for her to get back with me and to please not put the loan in default.

I offered to provide Ms. Wilson’s phone number but the person I spoke with declined.

In my conversation (on the 3rd) with Ms. Wilson, we were both polite and calm. Why she decided to ignore my calls afterwards is a mystery. This is her number: 214-972-4500.

I did hear from your Research Department with an escrow breakdown but I still want to speak with a loan specialist for clarification as I still doubt the increase amount.

I called your corporate office on the 25th of August: 877-783-7480. I wanted to speak with HR to file a complaint about Ms. Wilson. The woman I spoke with said I had to send a letter but if I talked to her maybe she could help. I told her the story and she said she would send am email to Ms. Wilson right away and that Ms. Wilson would call either late on the 25th or the next day.

It is now 1:00 pm LA time and still no call.

Customer service called again: 888-811-5279 at 10:46 am. I explained to Princess, (ID# 1023677) what was going on and she told me that nowhere in my file is a Ms. Wilson listed. I offered to provide Ms. Wilson’s number but Princess declined and said she would have no way to contact her anyway. Why is that?

According to Princess there is no record of Ms. Wilson in my file. I’m trying to do the right thing here, which is to resolve the issue. Princess also told me that a loan specialist is only assigned in the case of a loan modification. It’s as if Ms. Wilson is a ghost.

No wonder I’m getting nowhere with customer service. Or Nationstar in general.

Given my past experience with BofA and now my experience with Nationstar, I’m not surprised. Your company is legendary for how poorly you treat your customers.

I am formally asking that a senior level person contact me to resolve this issue.

I trust that you will take this matter as seriously as I do. It’s what you do for your customers.

Nationstar Mortgage – 350 Highland Drive Lewisville, Texas 75067 United States
| 877-783-7470

25 Most Recent Nationstar Mortgage Complaints

Consumer Comments For Nationstar Mortgage

• I had a mortgage with Nationstar Mortgage for a house in Anchorage, Alaska. In October 2013 I sold this house, and the title company sent a money wire to the payoff account for Nation Star at Wells Fargo Bank. In mid-November 2013 I received a phone call from a Nation Star representative who stated my November 1 payment was late. I informed her I sold the house and the payoff had been sent. After several more calls, I contacted the title company to ask for verification of the payoff and a copy of the money wire document that I could send to Nation Star. Both were provided; I faxed the money wire information to Nation Star at a fax number provided to me by another Nation Star rep on November 22, 2013. Despite providing this information and asking that any further communication be in writing, I continue to receive calls from Nation Star daily as late as 11:00pm. None of the reps know anything about the previous discussions or that information has been sent. They just continue to ask about payments that are late.

• Check your credit record. We sold our home in 12/18/ 2013 and paid off the mortgage in full. NationStar only had our mortgage for 18 days which they purchased from Bank of American 12/1/13. My attorney could not get an account number or a pay off amount for days and multiple phone calls. In December they reported to the credit agency that the account was closed and paid on time. THEN…..NationStar reported to the credit agencies in FEBRUARY 28, 2014 that our mortgage in 91-120 days late. Our credit is now hurt by 147 points. NationStar sent us a refund in January for overpayment at closing. I can’t get anyone from NationStar to help me. In the meantime I have spent hours disputing the claim with the credit agency. Now we have to wait to buy anything until our credit record is corrected.

• same boat only now payed all my back payments to nov 1 2013 got a nov statement with regular payment due all caught up right!! WRONG after i mailed my nov payment got a letter stating i ouded 269.00 more rased my payment to 396.88 and now they say i am past due!!!

• Same boat and frustrated with RMA. Have waited since June 4th and same run around. My email to has not been answered! Want contact with the CEO,

• Nationstar has been asked by myself and hexter-fair title to provide a payoff quote so that we can proceed with a CASH sale of my home. They have yet to do it. Despite the fact that the title company has requested it at least 3x and I myself have asked 4x and been promised 3x (supposedly by a manager) that it will be there within 24-48 hrs. This has yet to happen and it’s been a week. They have NO problem calling you all day long saying a payment is due, but not only are they very unorganized and unprofessional, they will not let me actually speak to a manager.

• I also just received this same ‘charge’ on my bill from Nationstar.
    Mine was for $9.00 for Property Inspection and I was also told the same thing (after the man that answered the phone had to go find out what it was himself). That it was for someone to ‘drive by’ and see if the house was vacant and that the so-called ‘drive by’ was done 6months ago but they were just now billing for it? I asked if I could have that in writing to which he said "Put what in writing?" I said can you please put in writing what you just told me because it seems people say one thing then later the story changes. But I said just nevermind because I had to get back to work, after verifying this was a ONE TIME fee. I still don’t buy that claim of it being legitimate but will pay it for now and keep track of all these ‘fees’ to send to Attorney General. Oh, and also beware if you use online payments with Nationstar as I realized they used to HOLD payments until they were late in order to charge a late fee (I couldn’t figure out how they did it but then saw that they also used the same bank I did to send it through (Wells Fargo) I may a bit paranoid at this point but the way things are now I don’t trust either of them.