T Mobile Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

T-mobile.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: December 16, 2014

T Mobile Corporate Contact

Business Name: T-Mobile USA, Inc.
P.O. Box 37380
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87176 USA

Corp Phone Number: 877-296-1018
Company Contact: John J Legere - CEO
Corp Website: t-mobile.com

T Mobile Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest T Mobile Complaint

Is T Mobile a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Cell Phone Service Providers Directory ListingT-Mobile USA, Inc. Listing

ETF never paid when I switched, now "I'm responsible"

I switched to T-mobile back in February because I was excited about not having a contract, the option for Jump! Upgrades and the fact that they promised to pay up to $300 per line that I switched over. I did the switch in the store and was given a paper to fill out and submit with my last bill from Sprint, and to upload it and/or fax it to the early termination department. I submitted it to both. I was told that all I had to do was submit the paperwork and then the early termination fees would be paid to Sprint.

Come December I find that the Sprint Early Termination Fees are now on my credit report for a total of $776. I called T-mobile and was told that they have no records that I submitted the paperwork. I have since moved states and lost my proof is submission. They told me that because it is past 60 days since I switched, it is my responsibility. I found that out after being told that they hired an outside company to process all ETF transfers. They have me their 1-800# and I spoke with an automated computer then finally got put on hold to wait for a representative.

I waited for 20 minutes and was told by a recording that they were all busy but to keep waiting. Then the service hung up on me. I called again, same process… Hung up on after 20 minutes of being on hold. I called T-mobile, they said sorry and they would transfer me directly. I was on hold for 4 minutes and the line went dead again. My phone is brand new- not the issue. Finally I called again, and and as told that they don’t pay sprint, I was supposed to, and they would give me a gift card to reimburse me, but since it’s past 60 days and they “have no proof” there was nothing they can do.

This was only one issue… Upgrading my phone was the worst! I’m still waiting for them to “accept” my old phone I sent in to upgrade in order to have it removed from my account. They are currently making me pay for a phone I don’t even have! As soon as they take it off, I am canceling service.

Don’t let their “no contract” guise fool you! Canceling any other company and paying ETF is cheaper than canceling with T-mobile. I have to pay $1,805 just to cancel the service with T-mobile! Add that to the ETF from Sprint that they lied to me about and I have lost $2,600!! Don’t use T-mobile!

T-Mobile РPO Box 37380 Albuquerque, New Mexico 87176 | 800-866-2453

10 Most Recent T Mobile Complaints

Consumer Comments For T Mobile

• Had many billing issues with tmobile. Long time customer. But I kept getting billed for calls and text messages from numbers I never new they exist. Talked to customer service (after long periods of wait) just to find out that no matter what I just have to pay for whatever they put on my bill. Big rip off for me, great business model for them. Decided to cut the service.

• I was with T-Mobile and had bad reception so I asked to cancel the service. I had just bought a IPhone with them and I have been trying to get them to unlock the phone for several months. Each time I called they said it would be 24 hrs and they would send
    me the code.
    Then all of sudden they tell me I have to be on service to get my phone unlocked, which they never said while I was asking them
    to free up my phone so I could use it. I am no longer with T-Mobile and am still trying to get them to unlock my IPhone.

I am not sure what I have to do to be able to use my own phone with another carrier. T-Mobile isn’t even trying to work with me.

• I too have been with T-mobile for awhile due to a buy out of another company, I recently leaned they no longer do the 2 year contracts, phones are at regular price. I’ve found the service & customer service to be verrrry lousy, reception for me most places is horrible, I lost a lot of money $$$$ dealing with them due to overcharging everything about them is deceptive and I can’t wait my contact will soon be over and I’m done with them.

• I have been with T-Mobile for about 6 years now. I have not really had problems with them until this past year. I renewed my contract & got my husband put on my plan. We signed up for the $35 Family Plan, & I was told with the plan & the costs of our phones, my bill wouldn’t be any higher than $80 a month. I have NEVER paid this in the 8 months we have had this plan. I have to call every other month to remind them that my plan is not $59 a line. I was told our phones would cost $20 a month, but they’re charging me $45. I am so tired of $135 a month phone bills for service that is horrible. I can’t get decent reception in my area….I don’t get 4G or quality calls unless I’m 15-20 miles away from home. Everytime I want to cancel my account, I get told that I have to pay both an early termination fee & the complete amount of my phones. I will never renew with T-mobile again!!!