Straight Talk Wireless Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

TracFone Wireless Inc

Straight Talk Wireless Ratings and Reports

Latest Straight Talk Wireless Complaint

How to QUIT

When I did the research on how to lower the cost of my cell phone bill, I decided to try Straight Talk. I checked to be sure my Verizon Wireless phone would work on their network and was told that it indeed would. That was the start of the end. I used the service for three months and had only 3g service for internet (half the time it wouldn’t even load most things for weather radar or even most web pages), and couldn’t receive pic messages. Now, please note that I was getting e-mail and could get pics that way.

After several attempts with their customer service and one guy actually trying to make it work, I was told that it wasn’t compatible. Note that people on the net are saying they use Verizon towers… THEY DON’T! They use ATT towers. So at that point I decided to move to another wireless company. I did my research and was happy to go onto an ATT network and bought a phone that uses ATT network, no problem there. When I went to get the service for the new phone they were unable to get my number ported. HERE’s WHERE THE TROUBLE REALLY STARTED!

I called several times and requested that they allow my phone number be ported. They indicated that they had done so and I needed to contact the new carrier.

Well after three trips to the new carrier’s offices and 5 days later, I spent 3 hours at the new carrier and spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME trying to get the number ported, I got it done and am here to help other who have the same problem. First of all, I will tell you that during this process I was lied to, “put on hold” (they just hung out on the phone not talking), told the number wasn’t attached, told the number wasn’t active (AS I WAS TALKING TO THEM ON IT!), told I was going to have to hold for a higher department, and the best one… told that I had to turn off my phone and turn it back on for it to work. HA!!!

So here’s what you have to do when you call to get your number ported. Ask them customer service person their name and id number (write it down, I first spoke with Jueyu #520195). Tell them you WANT TO LEAVE, and ask for the “Portability Department”. They will make excuses and make your life a pain, keep at it, tell them you want to speak to a manager, start being a pain. It took me 29:18seconds to get Jueyu to give me another toll free number and a pin number (YOU MUST HAVE THIS TO PROCEED) the number was 1-866-667-6470. Cal that number and you tell them you WANT TO LEAVE and need your number released so the new company can transfer the number. It helps if you start off by again asking the name and getting the id number (wire it down, the 2nd person I spoke with was Roannen #516645), these people have a few more brain cells and it only took 4 minutes to get transferred. This 3rd person (Keesha #541103) was the magic person who within a few key strokes had the port released. Now, it helps to be standing in front of a customer service person with the new wireless company so they can talk to them and they hear it directly that the number hasn’t been released.

I hope that my story will help others save time and frustration in getting their precious cell number away from these crooks!

See More Straight Talk Wireless Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Straight Talk Wireless a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Straight Talk Wireless

Consumer Comments For Straight Talk Wireless

• My experience with Straight Talk customer service was a two month nightmare! Had no working cell phone because of errors their techs made, spent 50-60 hours of my time trying to straighten this out, was lied to over and over again, had to repeat the entire situation every time I called, was promised resolution without any time and time again, and then to top it off, lost my cell number I’ve had for 20 years because of something (again their mistake) they did or didn’t do. Could never get a "straight" (ha ha) answer about anything. This was the worse customer service I’ve ever had in my life! I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for" is more than true in this case. I wish I never transferred from AT & T just to try and save a dime. It’s cost me way more in headaches and stress!

• Just got a Galaxy III, advertised "everywhere" as workable in my area!! After learning it would not, my number was changed to bounce off a tower elsewhere. My old phone worked, once service was transferred to the new one, "no network available" thus NO service!!! Fortunately, they were able to restore my old phone and return my near 20 year cell number!!! Even the tech helper confirmed it is being sold as workable in my area….

• I play game and use Facebook on my phone and now I don’t have data because they say I use to much this is false advertisement

• If you don’t mean it don’t claim it. I would never again purchase anything from this company. I will be dealing with a reputable company in the future. Stay away from straight talk.

• quit looking at ****. I have straight talk and never have i run out of data and i use facebook on my phone quite a bit.

• I also have had straight talk for over a year. My daughter had it before I did and still doesn’t have any problem with it. It doesn’t drop as many calls as ATT or Sprint. It all depends what phone you get as well. Talk to your Walmart electronics guru. They’ll point out which phones operate off the Att vs Verizon networks. You can even go to http://www.Straighttalk.com to find extra deals on phones. I can also access Googles voice to text and GPS system.