Sprint Reviews

Sprint Ratings

Sprint Reports

Most Recent Sprint Complaints

Is Sprint a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Cell Phone Service Providers Directory ListingSprint Nextel Corporation Listing

There is no end to the disappointment with Sprint

I have been with Sprint for going on 18 months and within that period I may have been happy for a few weeks. It’s very unfortunate because I was initially very excited about the switch but quickly learned that Sprint does not produce the services that they continually boast about. The coverage is horrible and continues to be that way. In Maine the coverage is so horrible that just 400 meters away form the Sprint store begins the dead zone or roaming zone. If they are going to continue boasting perhaps they need to rethink whether they are truly being truthful or simply luring people in with a false promise of great service.

They will never be the cell phone company they want to be using these deceitful tactics. My son goes to school in Maine and lives in an area that is considered roaming so that every week (within a few days) his data is turned off for roaming since he goes over the small roaming amount they offer. When we visit it takes on average one weekend before we are over as well. Poor way to be able to communicate. There are times that the messages do not go through until either the next day or some time several days. I am counting the days until I can leave Sprint. I can’t tell you how many people I work with ask about the Sprint service and I definitely don’t hold back on my displeasure of the company. I do encourage them to go to any other company but Sprint. If it was possible to give it a lower rating I would.

Since the very beginning, after the first month, we have been lied to and deceived. This is a terrible company and I am not really sure how they stay is business by bait and switch. Even the coverage area, which we were very concerned with, isn’t even close. I have had many dealings with the company executives and the staff and it appears that every time they try to “fix” something nothing ever happened. I truly feel this is just a way to keep you hanging on. I am counting the days until I can switch to another company without giving more money to Sprint (that they truly do not deserve). I have screen shot all the 4G and 3G areas that I live in and only maintain a 1X level of connection. There is rarely a real 4g or 3G service. When I did have the 4G service I waited 8 minutes for my data to load and finally gave up. Nothing at all had happened except that the battery on my phone was lower. I could go on and on but I will post some on of the screen shots as well.

Most of time when my son, my wife and I send messages we get them very delayed (sometimes up to 1-2 days later). I had left a voicemail for my son and he did not get it until the next day (23 hours later).

Most Recent Reviews About Sprint

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Sprint

• William Rezin

Sprint is a company sent to us straight from the gates of Hell! I was a loyal customer receiving a 25% Corporate discount for about 5 years. Customer service was always good and issues quickly resolved. THEN, the BIG LIE! After calling in about a billing issue, I was told from the happy Rep that I qualified for 17 free Galaxy Pads! Asking what I would possibly do with them she said to give them them to friends. Thank God I didn’t. But I did accept one for myself asking what the strings were. She said none. Just pay $15/month for 1 GB and that is it. I asked if there were any other attachments and she said no. I received and set it up. My first Bill was $30. I called to ask why. She said the other $ 15 was for insurance. I asked why would I pay insurance on something I got for free?? Oh no, she said. You have a 2 year contract on that that device. I said no one told me that and I would like to return it. She said that is fine but you will have to pay $ 400 to pay off the contract. What contract? Never saw anything on a contract. Sooo, I kept the device and never used it and stopped the insurance and paid $15/mo untill I called to cancel. Long story short, after being told that the contract is over and I am only paying for service I was now able to close my account. WRONG! After paying my final bill, I get a another final Bill every month with the same song and dance. If you pay this final Bill, we will close your account!! 5 months now of this extortion and I am done. Filed a complaint with the FCC and Attorney General. I can only pray that this Sprint nightmare will come to an end! I rate them….well, negative numbers aren’t enough.

• Twyla

I have been a faithful customer for 12 years. I have spent more than 6 hours on the phone with Sprint customer service reps trying to work out something so my husband and I can have new phones. The best they could do, was half off a new phone…. half off of what? So, I go in today to pay my bill and look at upgrading AGAIN! On the upgrade page, it says, 50% off phone with 24 mo. lease. Ok, so I go look, it says the phone is 23.13 a month. The phone is regularly 749.99. Divide that by 24 mo and it comes to 31.24 a month. Half price is 374.99 or 15.62 a month. NO where on the website does it show a half price phone!!! When you look at the website, the 24 month price is 33.13, less 10 a month for some promotion. Not the half price cost of 15.62 a month. Sprint is screwing the customers. I am disappointed in their bait and switch programs. They aren’t there to save you money…. typical corporate greed!!

• lee

been a faithful customer for many years hitting hard times an struggling but making payments waiting on my ssdi money I cancelled a payment to pay it 3 days later well they took it anyway 150.00 in bounces Thanks sprint when my money comes paying off my phones and switching to att customer loyalty is a one way street at sprint

• bill new

I have been with sprint for 5-6 years .I don’t know why I stay.not one time have I went to the sprint store in Winchester va. and left happy. iam always mad when I deal with the sprint stores.talk about drive by shootings

• D.. from Deptford, NJ

I have had Sprint service for 17 years and wanted out of the contract. One of my daughters took over my account (not my phone number) and did not want anyone on it (my other daughters on it) so my other daughter got a sprint account and Sprint told me I could transfer to the other account without affecting my account and early termination. I had told them my plans of getting out of the plan as soon as my iphone insurance through Apple was up (at the end of 2 yrs). They said that I definitely could do that without incurring early termination fees. Well they keep billing my daughter. Very rude people from overseas answer the phone and keep hanging up on me. Sprint has the worst customer service and will lose a great deal of their business. Customer Service will not speak to the people from the individual stores. They keep hanging up on them.
    It is the worst experience, as far as businesses, I have every had..
    If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

• Ron

Well this day 12 without a PHONE. : I lost a phone you sent me a phone after I PAYED $65.00

DOLLARS. OK I GET THE PHONE AND I TOOK IT TO THE BOOST STORE. TO
    ACTIVATE THE PHONE, TRY ALL THE # . NOTHING WORKED CALLED YOU TO FIND
    OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON. THE INSURANCE SAID IT WAS A BOOST PROBLEM. THEY
    SAID THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE BOOST SYSTEM. COME TO FIND
    OUT
    IT WAS NOT A BOOST PHONE. SO i SENT THE PHONE BACK ON 1-24-14 FRIDAY TODAY IS WEDNESDAY I STILL HAVE NO PHONE. I CALLED THE INSURANCE TODAY. tHEY SAID THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT YET. MY THINKING IS THAT I SENT THE PHONE BACK IN A REPAIR OR BROKEN PACKAGE. SO i’M THINKING THAT IT WAS NEVER OPENED OR NEVER NEW THAT IT WAS A PHONE TO BE RETURNED. THIS REALLY IS NOT FAIR. i HAVE BEEN WORKING ON GETTING BACK A PHONE THAT WORKS FOR 12 DAYS NOW. THE THE case id – 52489855 I HAVE EMAIL. CALLED boost BOOST INSURANCE. I WOULD SAY I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 20 HOURS OF MY TIME. TRYING TO GET SOME KIND OF ANSWER ABOUT THIS PHONE. I WILL GET A RESPONSE BACK SAYING WE ARE SORRY AND LET SEE WHAT I CAN DO. I WOULD LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO SAY YOU WILL HAVE A PHONE TOMORROW. MEANING 1-30-14 IT WILL BE FRIDAY IN 2 DAYS. THEN I WILL BE GOING ON MY THIRD WEEK WITHOUT A PHONE. BECAUSE THE BOOST INSURANCE COMPANY SENT ME A sprint phone THAT DOES NOT WORK ON BOOST NETWORK. IT WILL BE A HAPPY DAY WHEN I DON’T HAVE TO CALL OR EMAIL ANYTHING TO DEAL WITH boost. thank you. my phone# is 619-453-1146

• ROSE BOX

I JUST PURCHASED THE GALAXY S4 ON MAY 30TH , FOR $249 .00 AND NOW SPRINT IS ADVERTISING THE SAME PHONE FOR $149. TO CUSTOMER FROM ANOTHER COMPANY WITH A DIFFERNET PHONE NUMBER TO SWITCH TO THEM. I FELL THAT IS SO WRONG SINCE I HAVE BEEN A GOOD CUSTOMER FOR YEARS. I FEEL LIKE I AM PAYING AN EXTRA $100.00 FOR THE NEW CUSTOMER TO SWITCH NAD GET THE DIS-COUNT AND THAT IS TOTALLY WRONG AND I DON’T APPRECIATE IT , SINCE I HAD 4 OF THE BLACKBERRY PHONE THAT DIDN’T WORK AND HAD TO RIDE MY CONTRACT OUT TO GET THIS NUMBER PHONE AND THEN TO FIND OUT IT IS BEING OFFERED FOR A $100.00 LESS THAN WHAT I PAID FOR IT JUST A FEW DAY’S AGO ! THIS IS WRONG. PLEASE SEND ME A RESPONCE SOON . . ROSE BOX

• Dawn

Correction, The phone company I had a problem with was not Sprint. However I have found that when I go to the Regulatory company I get better results.

• Dawn

I had a similar problem a while back. I went online and found out the regulatory company that regulated the cell phone industry. I sent a complaint to them. With in a week I got a call from the phone company, they fixed the problem plus gave me 3 months of free phone service for my trouble.

• Kevina Redwine

I was a Nextel customer before Sprint purchased them. Their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired. Our family had 14 phones with me and numerous problems, being overcharged, bad refurbished phones, you name it, we had it. Then one day a saw a commercial for Boost Mobile and found out Sprint owned them. Same full data plans, but 1/2 the cost of what we were paying. As soon as the contracts were up, we dumped them.

• Elizabeth

how is that working out for you switching from sprint to boost mobile