SafeLink Wireless Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Safelinkwireless.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 13, 2014

SafeLink Wireless Corporate Contact

Business Name: TracFone Wireless, Inc.
9700 N.W. 112th Ave
Miami, Florida 33178 USA

Company Contact: F.J. Pollak - President
Corp Website: safelinkwireless.com

SafeLink Wireless Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest SafeLink Wireless Complaint

Is SafeLink Wireless a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Cell Phone Service Providers Directory ListingTracFone Wireless, Inc. Listing

Frauds The Government

History- Enrolled with Safelink Lifeline. Daughter left phone on church bus. Waited a week, called to report lost. Received new phone. A couple months later, phone was stolen from daughter’s backpack. Waited to see if turneed into school. Reported last week of October. They said I coudl use the phone that was returned to us and I still had, but new SIM card was needed.

On Nov 1, I called and activated new SIM card through the automated system. The system assigned a new number and put on tracphone and not safelink. Spoke with rep who told me i would have to wait for the minutes to apply.

Called back 1 hour later to find minutes were given to lost phone and they culd only issue 10 “per the terms of service” because they did not deactivate the old phone. Then they said because that SIM card was given a new number, they could not fix it and a new SIM card had to be sent. Received the new SIM card.

Called and spoke to 2 reps on 11/11/14. The 2nd rep put the new SIM card on the account.

I called back 2 hours later because there were no minutes yet. I found out that the rep put the SIM card on the lost phone and I would need another SIM card becuase it messed up everything again and that in the meantime they had already cancelled the Safelink phone number and I was not going to be able to get it back anyway.

At that point I had called about 6 times and spoken with at least 10 reps, all of them in a foriegn county with a lack of basic English. On a few of those calls I was hung up on. I then had to have them close eveything out. I believe they are commiting fraud by using ill trained foriegn reps and taking Lifeline money without proving the services.

In addition, I was losing monthly minutes because they did not suspend the phone when they were first informed and used that as an excuse to not provide what they are contracted to. If a phone has been reported stolen, minutes should not be allowed to go onto it until contacted by the consumer once a new SIM or phone has been received.

Consumer Comments For SafeLink Wireless

• sounds kind of like me I have sent my info twice once by fax once by mail they got the fax and said they couldn’t read it now by mail they say they never received it this was sent October 21st to milwake or. come on now.They also told me I don’t call anyone that you have to call at least one person a month I call at least three.Now for the third time I’m going to send a fax with my info once again and see what happens next.REDICULOUS

• EVERY MONTH for the last year or more I have had to call & get my minutes sent to my phone. I verified my service was active with Texas & I am good. I even have the enrollment number.

January I started to write the "ticket" number down, needless to say, in Feb 2014 I had to call & receive my minutes.
    It is now march 17, 2014, I have NOT received my minutes…AGAIN… so I called & was told I "already received my minutes", no I have not!!

So when I asked the "Rep Diane"she just sat there & didnt say anything. So I am AGAIN on "hold" to TRY to get someone to fix the problem as I have for the last over a year!

There has to be someone else we can call to complain abt these idiots that do NOT know what they are doing!