SafeLink Wireless Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 6, 2015

SafeLink Wireless Corporate Contact

Business Name: TracFone Wireless, Inc.
9700 N.W. 112th Ave
Miami, Florida 33178 USA

Company Contact: F.J. Pollak - President

SafeLink Wireless Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest SafeLink Wireless Complaint

Is SafeLink Wireless a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Cell Phone Service Providers Directory ListingTracFone Wireless, Inc. Listing

Ruined our lifeline experience for our whole family

My family had to walk away from Safelink wireless. First, they never did send my son his phone and had him stuck in only approved status, not enrolled. We finally called them and they told him that he had to wait for another 30 days so they could correct their computer system. Then, my daughter tried to redeem her free minutes. She never got them. All they gave her were her text messages.

She called and talked to them with my help–their excuse was that she had already used up her minutes for the month. Excuse us? How could she use her minutes up when she never got them? My husband tried to redeem his minutes. He started out with his 500 minutes. Made two phone calls totaling one minute each.

Next morning he woke up to zero minutes left. He chatted with Safelink. Their excuse? The same as what they told our daughter. Mind you, my husband is not a huge talker. 250 minutes is all he needs for a month. 500 is double what he needs. To say that he went through 500 minutes in less than 24 hours is so absurd it is ridiculous!

My son finally cancelled his service with Safelinik becuase they were taking too long to send him his phone. My daughter ended her service with them to go to a prepaid service that she pays for out of her own pocket because of her disability and the long fight she was having with them. Now my husband is the next one to go. He doesn’t have the patience to fight with them. Way to go with keeping your customers, Safelink. And way to go helping people who are low income get and keep phone service.

What a joke. We are still going to have to pay $30 a month out of our own pocket to have reliable service because none of the lifeline companies out there are worth anything.

I have checked the alternatives to Safelink and they either don’t offer enough of what we need or they operate off Sprint and we don’t have good Sprint coverage in our area. Safelink was the best for cell service, but when they steal your minutes or they don’t send you your phone, then you still have no service and you are forced to pay for service.

There is one cell phone company out there that is not associated with Lifeline but has extremely affordable rates and we are going to that company. At least we will be treated with respect!

25 Most Recent SafeLink Wireless Complaints

Consumer Comments For SafeLink Wireless

• For anyone who doesn’t know. Safelink is owned by America Movil which also owns Tracfone, NET 10 Wireless, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, TelCel Ameroca, and PagePlus Cellular. Here’s the kicker though, America Movil is a Mexican owned company. Yep. your government phone is from a Mexican company. Well at least it’s not China. Although the actual phone is probably made in China.

• proof can be sent with email attachment. take a photo with your laptop camera and send it to also if you have been approved but no minutes you can go to support then technical and click on live chat. give the serial # and the minutes will be added and unregistered SIM working.

• sounds kind of like me I have sent my info twice once by fax once by mail they got the fax and said they couldn’t read it now by mail they say they never received it this was sent October 21st to milwake or. come on now.They also told me I don’t call anyone that you have to call at least one person a month I call at least three.Now for the third time I’m going to send a fax with my info once again and see what happens next.REDICULOUS

• EVERY MONTH for the last year or more I have had to call & get my minutes sent to my phone. I verified my service was active with Texas & I am good. I even have the enrollment number.

January I started to write the "ticket" number down, needless to say, in Feb 2014 I had to call & receive my minutes.
    It is now march 17, 2014, I have NOT received my minutes…AGAIN… so I called & was told I "already received my minutes", no I have not!!

So when I asked the "Rep Diane"she just sat there & didnt say anything. So I am AGAIN on "hold" to TRY to get someone to fix the problem as I have for the last over a year!

There has to be someone else we can call to complain abt these idiots that do NOT know what they are doing!

• go to support then technical. next click on live chat, give the serial # and they will add them