C Spire Wireless Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

1001B Highway 82 E Indianola, MS 38751
Phone: (662) 887-2888
Web: CellularSouth.com
Company Officers
Mr. Hu Meena, President and CEO, Mr. Brian Caraway, Senior VP, Sales and Marketing, Mr. Craig Jackson, Vice President, Customer Operations, Mr. Jim Richmond, Vice President of Corporate Commications C Spire Contact Information
Principal: Mr. Hu Meena, President and CEO, Principal: Mr. Jeff Richardson, Vice President of Customer Advocacy C Spire Business Categories: CELLULAR TELEPHONE SERVICE & SUPPLIES, INTERNET-BASED TELEPHONE SERVICE, CELLULAR TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES, MOBILE TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES, MOBILE TELEPHONE SERVICE, INTERNET SERVICES

C Spire Wireless Ratings and Reports

Latest C Spire Wireless Complaint

Code for Horrible service

I was sent a text by CSpire that said MY data will be limited or cut off because I use too much data. I have been on an unlimited data plan with CSpire for many years. They say my phone is affecting thousands of people, so if I don’t stop streaming music I will be cut off.

The Idiots at CSpire say that unlimited means they can limit data… What? By definition unlimited means without limits. I bought my phone from them, now they say I cannot enjoy all its features.

Here’s the deal… CSpire’s towers and equipment are so antiquated they haven’t updated in years, so their towers become overwhelmed, so they figure they will make people cut down on usage and they won’t have to update into the 21st century. Should my data be restricted or cut off, they have violated my contract and I will shut it off and not pay any shut off fee.

CSpire is the worst phone provider you can sign up with… run the other way!

See More C Spire Wireless Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is C Spire Wireless a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About C Spire Wireless

Consumer Comments For C Spire Wireless

• Wow I am TOTALLY convinced that cSPIRE is one of the most worthless scamming cellphone so called companies I’ve heard off, no wonder there eager to payoff other early termination fees. Then they can stick you with their own… sounds like i wont be taking this foolish plunge into the cSPIRIAL ABYSS.. SIGNED BY NOT A SUCKER

• I have been having problems with them also. When they were Cellular South I didn’t have any problems, but when CSpire took over, my service declined dramatically. I didn’t get any service at my work location so after several months of back and forth sparring, they decided to let me out of my contract because they couldn’t "fix" the issue. They wouldn’t, however, let me out of my son’s contract. (I wouldn’t have had his there if it weren’t for mine being there.) I turned my iphone in to the branch on Hwy 98 West in Hattiesburg over a month ago and I am still being charged for this phone. I am still waiting for them to call me back. I would definitely like to be included in the Class Action Suit if you start one.

• C Spire has lied to me a number of times, now I`m without a phone!

• I guess I can understand the frustration of those who live in Florida, especially if it’s new to C Spire’s network. I don’t really know the situation down there, but I believe you. Until they build out their network, then it just may be a struggle. However, we are in a good section of their regional system. This is my 4th year with them. While I agree that my iPhone 5S doesn’t show LTE often, I’m not concerned with that, as much as getting my unlimited voice, text and data when I need it. So far, it seems to work fine. I’ve traveled around the US and I’ve only ever had a few situations where I couldn’t grab an email. But for the most part, the roaming works like it should. As long as 50% of your time is spent in the regional area each month, you can enjoy USA coverage most anywhere you go for no additional charges.

With regards to service, name any carrier, phone service, cable company etc, that has perfect service when you call. I can’t think of one. In fact, my recommendation is to head to a local C Spire store and get to know some of the reps. Those people know their stuff and if you can find a good one, you can get well taken care of. This goes for any company. The more good people you can meet, the better you will be.

Over the years I’ve had T Mobile, Verizon and AT&T. T Mobile has without a doubt terrible coverage. I dropped too many calls when I was with AT&T. I have nothing but great things to say about Verizon. Excellent coverage most anywhere I’ve been. However, even though they offer $40 a month unlimited text and voice, the data plans are high for little data.

I’m sticking with C Spire. Three reasons why: Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited!

• I live in Pensacola. Cspire service is terrible. Data coverage is 1x unless you are south of Hwy 98 where it is 3G. Voice coverage is mostly adequate unless you are inside of my house! Calls are unintelligible or get dropped. I emailed customer service and had to get ugly before they would address my concerns. It took several emails before they actually responded appropriately. The answer was that the signal was strong enough that a signal booster would work. I bought one from Amazon and it helps marginally. I can’t wait for my contract to be over–I may not wait and bite the bullet and pay the cancellation fee. It will be cheaper than paying the rest of my contract! Poor service is overpriced no matter how low the rate is!

• my bf also has the same problem + he a hairsylist + has lost customers due to cspires lousy service. Cspire will do nothing to help him

• You should know going in that CSpire is still expanding, so you cannot expect great service. Ask people in Mississippi how the service is compared to others.

• The complaints are coming from Pensacola specifically, so why would they care about Mississippi?! If a customer pays for service, they expect it to be great service. Why would something be sold that didn’t guarantee "great service." ?

• we changed over to a new company after 13 years. always paid our bill on time. closed our account and now being billed for tax to someone numbers, not our.215 5509215 and 251 5509256. please correct this . I do not owe you folks anything, much less a $10 fee.
    Arlene wiles

• I closed out our account on 2 phones and now I owe 36 cents on both account to numbers we I never had. owed amounts are taxes??? on no service to us? also a $10 late to be added if not paid??

• I am cancelling my service with cspire my phone will not pick up service at my home at all im going to Verizon wireless

• I’m so sick of this company. This is my last time signing a contract with them and I mean it!!!! I’m sick of their lies and their over priced service for this jacked up, lame service, with rude people to handle your problems over the phone. Me and my husband has been with Cellular South for over ten years and all they can offer us is bad service and 20% off of accessories, and don’t let me for get to mention they advertise 4G in Memphis TN, but 4G is not available in this area yet. What kind of mess is that!!! Thanks for telling me after I notice all I had was 3G!!! The moral of the story is………….If a company or a business has to change there name……Something’s not right about it!!! THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!!!!

• Or maybe they changed their name because the term "cellular" was outdated and they plan on expanding out of the south?

• Ported to Spring Today (5/4/13), and was told by cspire I have to pay for the complete month of may. Yeah right. I’m not gonna pay them a cent and they can suck it. I am writing the attorney general, BBB and anyone else. I am going to spam them every single day. If they send me one letter it gets sent back with a bill for littering in my mailbox. I will never use them again. What a joke of a company, they must use the pony express for cancellations…

• What are you going to tell your attorney? That you signed a contract saying you were going to pay the bill for a month of service at the beginning of each month?

• Can we all say together….CLASS ACTION SUIT????????? All of these complaints are so similar in nature
    and has my blood boiling…..I am in the midst of dealing with this horribly misleading, horrible customer service of a company.I have been researching complaints all morning.They have 350 with Better Business Bureau ( that is an extreme amount folks,I own a business I know) They are s******g with all of ours credit, should we leave the contract..they lie, they mislead you into plans, prices and coverage area…….anyone on board????? Contact me. I will get the wheels in motion! I am tired of being a rip offed consumer !

• I purchased a iphone 4s for my son in septemper of 2012 for. His. 14 th birthday. I wanted to make sure i got a plan that. Was user friendly. I got. $500 minutes with unlimited data or so i was told. Since kids do lot of texting and youtubing i thought this was the right plan. When i got my bill there was nearly $30 more than we agreeded to for. A service paack. The plan only gives you 30 minutes of video streaming. After drilling sells for over n hour about this plan and telling him it was for my teenaage son you would think that subject came up and he would haave told me that. Fastforward to yesterday i got aa new
      Samsung. Galacy SIII. I was told by sales rep that i could keep my old unlimited plan of. $79. That comes with everything unlimited except picture messaging which i payan additional $5.95/month for. Well i was using phone this morning with some video and i get message that my 30 minutes of video or up and i can purchase a service pack. Well i called CROOKSPIRE and the young lady was nice but she told me that when you purchase 4G phone which isnt reaally 4G then you have to go to new plan. What a bunch of crminals. The rep was the one who suggested i keep my current plan so i would not incur any additional charges. He asked me i used video steaming a lot and I said yes due to training we do at work and a lot of social stuff. I have to drive bck to store inthe am to take it up with them. They have my old phone on trade in and it could be gone when i arrive. I am mad and sick of CROOKSPIRE.

• Can you show me which wireless provider doesn’t have the same complaints from past customers?

• I have been dealing with the exact same problem. They have been so rude to me and have NOT disconnected the lines yet!!!! The reason why I am trying to go with Verizon is because 3 weeks before my cintract ended they inform me that my daughter (away at college is out of the "footprint" so her phone maybe disconnected. They would not wave the cancellation fee on the account even though I have to move another kid as well (who is local) because they have a share plan. Verizon has been able to port the numbers (no thanks to cspire) but now we have 2 numbers running to the phone (the one verizone ported and then some random out of town area code) what a mess. I can’t get this resolved and can you imagine the mess the bill will show?

• I would definietly join a Class Action suit! I have had nothing but problems with Cspire…

• I am onboard with you.

• C Spire shame on you. I relaize your in the business to make money. But the way you train your store employees to confuse existing customers into changing their usage plan is a disgrace. I have been with C Spire since the Vicksburg, MS store opened 13 years ago. Every time that I have up dated my phone I have lost something in my service or have had to pay more for that service. The past two contract renewals I have come to realize that you have trained your staff to mislead your customers. I will never renew my contract again. I will just pay full price for my phone, that is if I remain a customer at all. And I always fearful of used car salesman.

• When was the last time you went to the gas station and the price of gas was $1.50? What about when you went to the grocery store and the price of the milk was cheaper than it was 5 years ago? Stuff goes up in price, that is the way the world works. You signed a contract saying you were gonna pay that price for 2 years. Two months ago the price of my rent went up $10, should I go rioting in the streets because of it or understand that the price of things have been going up since day 1 of the United States of America?

• I can’t wait for my contract to be up with C-Spire!!!
    I got a new phone had it less than 24 hours they wanted to charge me a restocking fee which i think that blows……….they pretty much told me tough……..there selcetion was bad is why i ended up with a phone i did not like .(i know my fault but u would think being a new customer ..they did not care and still don’t…………….They called me for a survey after all this why would u surevy somebody like me that is going to give them a 0…….u are wasting ur breath and time to get anything resloved with this company………..leaving them as soon as I can.

• I have been a Cellular South/Cspire costumer for well over 10 years. I DO NOT like all the changes. The must have and things you do not want. I use my phone for the same thing for years. Noone can get a regular phone anymore. Touch screen phones comes with high bills to which a lot of us (people in general) cannot afford. I thought it was great when they came up with an plan to add picture text for a said price. But that price does not work on the touch screen phone, even though any phone should work with said prices. They change my phone plan from 70/39.99 to 70/50 later 70/70 and now 80/70. When I tried for cheaper plan to work with my budget of three kids and I having wireless phones, I couldn’t because we have TOUCH SCREEN!!!! For god sakes people. Where is the plans with unlimited talking and texting. My mother doesn’t know how to text so we tried getting her a regular phone for calling and receiving picture text. She ended up with a touch screen a plan she doesn’t need because of it and an unwanted bill. What happen to all the push button phones????? Everyone doesn’t want a TOUCH SCREEN.

• Fees, lies, over charging and down right rude. Go somewhere else.

• My phone just erased all my contacts!!! C-spire has some explaining to do!!!

• I cancelled my CSpire service and ported my numbers, but CSpire will not close the account because we had entered a new billing period. They are making me pay for the new billing period and will not issue a statement until the end of the period which is almost a month away. Soooo glad to get away from CSpire after being a customer of CSpire/Cellular South for about 20 years. Customer service is gone now that they have changed names.

• their billing system is like ours. cannot end until end of billing cycle. in your contract, read it, dont just sign the dotted line

• They did the same thing to my wife and I when we ported our numbers to Verizon 2 days after our 2-yr contract with C-spire expired. I spoke with a manager at the local C-Spire store and was told that my phone was in "deactivation status" for the next month and that I would receive an additional bill for this time period. The even issued my phone a different out of town number. I have yet to speak with corporate, but I honestly don’t expect much to be done. What a sorry, dishonest company.

• You signed the contract with those rules listed on it. If you didn’t like that policy why did you sign it? Are you going to say because the rep didn’t tell you everything listed? I don’t think its their job to do that, just like when you agree to sign up for a website and you just click okay without reading it. Its no one’s fault but your own.

• Terrible Customer Service, they would rather argue with me about some charges, then to wave them and keep receiving my business. I have been with Cellular South/C-spire for over 10 years and they are telling me they have to ask the rep do she remember our conversation from over a month ago really? When i asked them to pulll up the recording oh, it wasnt recorded, well how do you know your still on the phone talking to me, you checked the phone recording system that quick, wow Yolonda some Customer Service Supervisor you are. So if you will lie to me about that, that means you will lie about anything. I see another customer that posted a review before me is going through the same thing. WOW!

• I returned a phone to C Spire because it would not keep a charge, stopped getting a signal and would just stop working and shut off. This phone was under warranty. We received the replacement phone and took both phones to the Brandon, MS location and had the data transferred from the old phone to the new phone. The old phone was then returned. On my next bill, I was charged $587.43 extra. When I called, I was told that that was the charge for repairing the phone. I called back the next day, asked to speak to a supervisor. I told him that I should not have to pay since the phone was under warranty. He told me that the charge was because they never received the phone I returned. I tried to stop the auto pay, but they took the money anyway. I called them today and was now told that the charge was due to a damaged port on the phone, even though one of their employees transferred data on that phone and did not say anyhting about damaged port. THEY LIE EVERY TIME YOU CALL THEM, CHANGING THEIR STORIES TO COVER THEIR BUTTS. I will be calling corporate on Monday. If they don’t do something we will be changing companies after being with C Spire for 28 years.

• they havent been in business that long

• WOW I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SWITCH FROM SPRINT TO CSPIRE. I PUT EVERYTHING IN MY CART ON THEIR WEBSITE THEN SAID ..WAIT..WHERE IS A MAP OF THE COVERAGE AREAS! they dont have one lol. AND IVE BEEN UP FOUR HOURS READING ALL BAD REVIEWS. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR SAVING ME THE TROUBLE..I SEE HOW STUPID THST additional 30/month FOR DATA IS WHEN IT DOES SAY UNLIMITED. I MUST SAY SPRINT CARES AND THEY ARE NOT QUICK TO LET U LEAVE! THEY OFFERED ME ALL KINDS OF DEALS AND CREDITS TO MY BILL..BUT CSPIRE LOOKED LIKE A GOOD CATCH… THANKS FOR REVIEWS IM STAYING WITH SPRINT

• OMG Verizon pay out of contracts… Since C Spire came about they threw all of Cellular south morals and values out the door!!!’ I have been a faithful customer for years. Now the reps won’t text back, customer service reps yell and laughed at me because I was angry! A child order streaming pass on my phone with a password to confirm (iPhone 4S) but for free apps we need a code!!! My monthly bill is almost over. No more C Spire for me. I’ll go pay my bills on time else where.

• Two years ago, I had a $10 charge on my bill for "renumbering" my husband’s phone. It was not renumbered, and we had not requested that it be. I called (then) Cellular South and was told that I could dispute the charge, but that it would not be removed otherwise, even though the customer service representative could see that the number had not been changed. I did dispute it, and the decision made by CS was that it was indeed an erroneous charge, BUT THAT THEY WOULD NOT REMOVE IT FROM MY ACCOUNT. I continued to pursue my dispute (two more tiers), and eventually the charge was removed, but I was astounded at their insistence that I pay for their admitted error up to that point. I told them that I hoped the $10 charge was worth all the bad publicity it was buying them. I am very displeased with both my service and their customer service policies.

• CSpire is a joke! I’ve met one year of my two year agreement. When it was Cellular South, after one year you could upgrade your phone by paying for whatever phone you chose. CSpire tells me I can upgrade for $190 fee plus the full price of the phone you select. They have lost their **** mind! And whenever attempting to file a claim through the insurance I pay for every month, I’m told I must have done something to the phone so my insurance wont cover it. I can’t wait til my contract is up so I can take my business if 5 phones to anyone else but these crooks!!! Avoid CSpire like the plague!!

• I HAVE BEEN WITH CSPIRE FOR OVER 5 YEARS. I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN IPHONE 5 ONLY TO NOTE IT WAS STILL ON 3G….ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I WISH THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD TO ME BEFORE I PURCHASED THE PHONE. I ALSO WAS MADE TO CHANGE MY UNLIMTED PLAN I HAD FOR YEARS EVEN THOUGH CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME I WOULD NOT HAVE TO CHANGE MY PLAN!! NOT WORTH PAYING 1200 A YEAR FOR THIS SERVICE!

• I posted a ****’s honest truth comment on Cspire facebook page.they deleted my comment & I can’t comment anymore…im invisible!!!
    This was my post: folks don’t do it!! Buying the phone for list price of $549.00 is ridiculous!! Buying a phone for $99 & choosing one of those outrageous data plans is more ridiculous!! You will be stuck with overages &/or interrupted services. I am an elite Cspire customer. Thanks!! Since I can’t post on facebook I will be posting any & everywhere else I can!! Loyal Cspire customer…

• I got my phone a few months back and I paid for unlimmited everything but then found out that I only had 30 minutes every month. Sometimes. I don’t even get to watch them because it says that I’ve already used them!!

• I have the same problem with streaming . Was told when we signed up 4 phones it was unlimited everything till we tried to use it on you tube got a text telling me to purches streaming time. I have one year left on my contract then my 4 phones willow going elsewhere

• Cspire did the same thing to me. Do not like the way they conduct business.

• rep prob didnt expalin it to you. call customer service and request waive fee to disconnect

• I had a simular problem. I made lots of complaint with my samsung galaxy. The putt me off until my warranty was up. Just 5 days over then I was told I could up grade by posting full price for a new phone. Thats bad business

• I signed with Cspire’s prepaid package with "unlimited" data last week. They told me that this plan would have unlimited everything. I verified this with sales reps Jessica Stamps and her supervisor Clay three or more times and was assured that it would cover "everything" I could ever want in a data plan. I took them at thier word and trusted that this company had integrity. That was a mistake because after 30 minuites of streaming video… I was issued a message from cspire to my phone stating that in order to have unlimited streaming I had to purchase an additional streaming pass at an extra 30 dollars a month. thats $360 dollars a year. I called the corperate headquarters and was informed that they would not honor the agreement that was given me in store. from reading other customer reviews I now find that this is a common occurance with this company. It is sad to see that they have zero value on intergrity towards thier customer base. As soon as I find another company that will give me what i want I will be removing my business from them.

• I am so disgusted with Cspire!!! My son is in the Army, so he is out of the "calling area." We have unlimited nationwide coverage….or so they say. They recently disconnected his phone because he has been out of the local area for too long. Now there is a $300 early termination fee on our bill that they will not remove. In addition, they have charged us $116 for additional data even though we have unlimited data. THEY have cancelled the contract, so maybe I should be billing them for an early termination fee!

• They did the same thing to us!