AT&T

Company Contact: Randall L. Stephenson - CEO
Corp Website: att.com

AT&T Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest AT&T Complaint

Is AT&T a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Horrible together!

AT&T and Directv horrible together!

Several weeks ago now, I placed a order off a promotional flyer from AT&T offering to bundle a Directv Account with my AT&T internet account for $50.00 a month for the Directv Service. I cancelled my Dish Network Service (mistake no. 1) and called AT&T and ordered the promotional Directv Service. The AT&T representative was extremely nice taking my order and then transferred me to (I assume a Directv Representative) who reviewed my order and gave me an installation date, after charging me $21.00 and some change for shipping of the equipment that didn’t even come to me, it went to a installer. The installation was set for the following Friday between 12 and 4 pm.

On that Friday I received a call from a installer named Chad ( I believe was his name) and advised me he would be at my residence, I advised him that I had a metal roof on my home and asked him to mount the dish to the pole that the Dish Network system was currently sitting on. The installer advised that they could not use a dish pole any longer and would have to put up a new pole ( well OK), and he would have to have AT&T come mark where to dig and AT&T would have to set the pole. The installer then departed my residence and took my equipment that I payed to be shipped with him.

The next week came and went, no contact from anyone, the week after that came and went, no contact from anyone, after the second week of no contact, I called Directv. Directv said all they could do is send a installer back out for a install and instruct them to bring a pole.

The next available date for install was Aug 13th 2016.

As a loyal AT&T internet customer for over 2 years I expect a little assistance from AT&T with resolving this issue. I would much rather prefer Uverse however my friend the AT&T Technician says they refuse to replace my nearest box to a VRAD box.

See More AT&T ComplaintsView Comments About AT&T File a Complaint About AT&T

Older Customer Reviews About AT&T

Consumer Comments For AT&T

• Charlyne

I switch my cell phone service from At&T to Sprint, At&T charge me $78.00 for 4 days of service. the representative stated I was in a new billing cycle. This is BS!! What happen to pro rating??

• Mourning Warbler

AT&T is horrible. I’ve seen them rip off other customers as well.

• dustin

At@t they start you off by giving you one price for your cable the months to come are hell” they over charge and giving theyre a big corporation.
    they will get away with ripping off the consumer.
    I called them every month regrading my charges. they sent me to the collection agency for a land line I didnt have…..

• Mourning Warbler

I will never willingly do business with either AT&T or Verizon because of my own and other people’s experiences with them. T-Mobile has treated us fairly and well for over ten years now.

• SUE

WENT INTO THE STORE I WAS TOLD THERE WAS A NEW PLAN THAT WOULD NOT CHARGE ME $30 PER EACH SMART PHONE, YOU JUST PAY FOR THE AMOUNT OF GB YOU WANT. THE SALES GUY GOT OUT A CHART WITH THE NUMBER OF PHONES DOWN ONE SIDE AND THE AMOUNT OF GB YOU WANTED TO SHARE BETWEEN THE FAMILY AND CAME UP WITH AN AWESOME PRICE. GOT MYSELF AND MY FIANCE A NEW CELL PHONE AND I UPGRADED MY CHILDREN’S CELL PHONES FROM TEXT ONLY PHONES TO SMART PHONES BEFORE XMAS. EVEN PAID CANCELLATION FEES TO DO SO BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A GREAT DEAL. I WAS TOLD MY BILL WOULD BE ABOUT $220 PER MONTH. GOT FIRST BILL AND IT WAS OVER $700. CALLED AND THEY APOLOGIZED AND SAID THERE WERE SOME WRONG CHARGES ON THE BILL FROM THE TRANSFER OF ONE PLAN TO THE OTHER. IT ENDED UP BEING ONLY $228 FOR THE MONTH. EASY RIGHT? THAT’S EXACTLY THE AMOUNT I HAD EXPECTED. SO GREAT THAT WE GOT MY FIANCES CHILD A SMART PHONE TOO. BRINGING OUR SMART PHONES UP TO 6 ON THE PLAN. WAS TOLD WOULD ONLY BE $10 MORE TO ADD THE 6TH PHONE WHEN WE BOUGHT IT. GOT MY BILL THIS MONTH AND IT IS OVER $500. CALLED AGAIN AND THIS TIME WAS A DIFFERENT STORY. THERE WERE A FEW ERRONEOUS CHARGES THAT THEY WERE WILLING TO TAKE OFF BUT SAID THAT MY PLAN WILL NORMALLY BE OVER $400 PER MONTH FOR THE 6 CELL PHONES. I HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE TWICE NOW AND COMPLAINED ON FB, SPEAKING WITH THEIR MEDIA PERSON. I AM GETTING NOWHERE. MY KIDS WERE PERFECTLY FINE WITH THE TEXT ONLY PHONES THEY HAD. I ONLY SWITCHED OVER BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A GREAT NEW PROGRAM. I HAVE PAID OVER $1000 IN CELL PHONES, CANCELLATION CHARGES, UPGRADE FEES AND ACCESSORIES SO FAR AND AM STUCK WITH A BILL I CANNOT AFFORD. THIS SOUNDS A LOT LIKE FRAUD TO ME. NOW WHAT? TAKE AWAY 4 KIDS SMART PHONES THAT WERE XMAS PRESENTS FROM SANTA? CAN YOU HELP?
    SUE ADLER

• Mourning Warbler

Giving you all that stress. You are not alone. I would never do business with AT&T or Verizon after I and other people have had bad experiences with them. T-Mobile has worked well for us for over ten years. And someone else I know has been happy with Metro.

• wishtheworst4AT&T

Since January 2013 AT&T has been over charging my landline. The original charge was $5.00 a month for LongDistance Service… then last year and half, they raised the amount to $6.11. Well January the amount went to $22.50 a month and February $48.00. I do not even use the telephone but for maybe 40 calls a month and they are very short conversations. Pay my bill every month within 3 days of due date every month for 3 years. AT&T sends me notice of disconnect and outstanding balance… I call to say NO,and I’m switched 3 to 4 agents repeating the problem and then to be able to remedy the problem they demand I pay the amount that they say I owe… They take my money Do not correct the problem Disconnect me and then send me notices demanding the payment that I have already paid. What is wrong with this company???? and I spent 5 hours doing this… in the month of April 2013.

• Mourning Warbler

I also hate AT&T because of they way they have treated people they are tricking and robbing.

• Becky Dunham

AT&T did get my cell phone fixed! There was a tower 6 miles north of where I live and something was wrong with it so they did resolve the problem! So far everything has been going great! I just wished AT&T would have said somthing sooner to ease my mind or at least let the public know what’s going on!