Zoll Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Email: info@zoll.com
Corp Website: Zoll.com

Zoll Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Zoll Complaint

Is Zoll a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingZOLL medical Corporation Listing

NOT A LIFESAVER!

I read of many complaints about the Life vest after the fact. Most had to do with being misinformed of the cost. When informed by my doctor (after being forced to wear this for three months) that it often did not work, I felt taken.

The worst part though was Zoll corp. charged me and the insurance company for 4 Months when I had it for 3 . Back and forth went the calls to Zoll for weeks with promises to get back to me. After my last call on 11/17/2015 the promise is to get back to me on 11/23/2011! My ins. co. is aware of the overcharge they already paid. It is in the hands of their fraud dept., so I will see who straightens this mess first. I will let you know.

Most Recent Zoll Complaints

Consumer Comments For Zoll

• I haven’t received the bill yet, but it looks like I’m on the hook for $4900. I was told that the insurance covered it when I was recovering from my ICD infection explant. The insurance refused the whole first month charge supposedly because of “out of network” . Then they paid $2000 towards the second month’s charge saying that is what they pay “in network”. So when I questioned why they paid the $2000 “out of network for the second month, they said there was no referral for the first month. I was lying in a hospital bed with an IV in me when this was happening. Trouble is this. Why are they punishing me for the “in network” doctor not getting a referral? Aren’t emergencies like this (life threatening) not put in the “out of network” category. Upon inquiry, I’ve discovered that Zoll is the only supplier for this device. How can they say that they only allow $2000 towards the $3450 a month rental, because that is what they pay “in network” when Zoll, the only supplier for this type of device, is not in their network?

• I just received a bill from Zoll for $2500 for their life vest. The vest was prescribed by my doctor in December 2014 before I was able to leave the hospital due to congestive heart failure which was caused by a virus. I wore the vest for two months because I was scared by the Zoll representative that I could die from sudden cardiac arrest. I did not receive a bill from Zoll for 4 months and by that time I had been billed for $2090. I was told that Medicare would pay for this vest but when talking to Zoll’s representative today was told that I had signed a contract that said I would pay for 20% of the costs which came to about $500 a month. Now when you are sick and want to get released from the hospital, which I had to stay in for an extra day because the Zoll representative could not make it on the day I was to be released, you will sign anything just to get out and get home. I feel that this company takes advantage of you when you are sick and they charge too much for their medical device which you send back to them when you are released by your doctor or after you receive their over inflated copay.

• Thank you for this comment. What you have said describes our situation with my husband. My husband is currently being “held hostage” in a hospital because the cardiologists won’t sign off on his discharge unless he agrees to either the LifeVest or a defibrillator implant surgery. We are so disgusted with this hospital, I wouldn’t trust their surgeons to be able to handle a letter opener properly, much less surgery. The electrophysiologist is using the same scare tactics others have mentioned and I’m sure they are not expecting us to do our homework, including essentially saying that they won’t discharge him and if he leaves AMA (Against Medical Advice) that Medicare won’t pay for the 4 days he’s been in the hospital. She is already angry because we refuse to have surgery performed in that filthy rattrap of a hospital and she had scheduled the surgery and cancelled her clinic without clearing it with us first. We were also told that Medicare would pay for the LifeVest. I’m very frustrated and angry at being lied to, but at least we’ve had a little advance warning thanks to your comments and others! THANK YOU!!

• The vest they show is nothing like vest received at DR office and metal hooks in front AND do not help when you are large breasted. I can relate to your issue A family member had this trouble too. We had NO IDEA of cost or we would have just done surgery 3 months earlier. No info no idea of problems and frankly the care givers just sat up watching patient sleep just so that dang alarm could be turned off before a shock due to sweat slipping leads. Cannot find a busty woman picture anywhere ..they show old man and a lady wearing it off shoulders…like it was that easy. We named ours PITA for PAIN IN THE a*s drags you down. BEFORE ANYONE CHOOSES THIS JUST ASK PAST PATIENTS. GET INFORMED FIRST.

• The Zoll Corporation takes advantage of you and your medical insurance and sells the doctors on how they need to protect you so they (the doctors) are not sued for malpractice. They never tell you how much you are going to have to pay out of your pocket and if this device is really going to impact the quality of your life.