Zoll Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Email: info@zoll.com
Corp Website: Zoll.com

Zoll Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Zoll Complaint

Is Zoll a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingZOLL medical Corporation Listing

Collusion between Doctors and Zoll?

I just received my Zoll Bill for about 3500, and almost fainted!!

I had to go to emergency room for Congestive Heart Failure. While I was in the hospital, still in shock form the physical trauma, as well as being doped up on meds, two perky little Zoll girls came into my room had me sign a bunch of forms and left me with this portable defib thing. They did NOT mention how much it would cost. There was NO doctor there so I could ask questions or see if there was an alternative. I assumed the two Zoll girls were hospital staff and that this was part of my treatment. I was NOT given any option or choice or medical insight as to why this was needed.

Then I received my bill (for the month of June) on AUGUST 8th for $3450, conveniently skipping the July charges til AFTER the fact so I couldn’t quit their rip-off service in time to save me ANOTHER $3450. As of today August 8th, I still haven’t received my July statement.

When called to complain, I got their billing department and all the guy could yammer out was “Zoll saves lives’ and he could make a payment plan. I was also told ‘my’ doctor wrote a prescription for the vest.

First of all, I was visited by three different cardiologists NONE of whom spent more than 5 minutes with me and NONE of whom would tell me what was wrong with me. Secondly, whoever wrote that prescription didn’t even TALK to me about this vest. No one told me the cost. If the would have bothered to, I would have STRONGLY objected because I can’t afford $3450 dollars a frickin’ MONTH. That’s three months of disability checks (if I didn’t have to pay rent, or eat…)

There seems to be some collusion between Zoll and the hospital wherein they permit SALES people to walk right in a patient’s room and wrangle deals from VERY ill patients who are possibly on death’s door or, at the least, doped up. Like I said…I thought they were with the hospital. It REALLY makes me think there’s some payola scam between the doctors and Zoll.

This business model is OBSCENE! That’s like some third-party giving an unwanted, and in some cases, un-NEEDED treatment to a comatose patient and charging them after the fact!

There was NO follow-up whatsoever. To this day, not a single medical professional (including the doctor who allegedly wrote a prescription that I never saw) has contacted me. I feel like I’ve been scammed and cheated by Zoll and I will not stop til this corruption is purged.

What a shameful way to do business!

This has got to stop!

25 Most Recent Zoll Complaints

Consumer Comments For Zoll

• I haven’t received the bill yet, but it looks like I’m on the hook for $4900. I was told that the insurance covered it when I was recovering from my ICD infection explant. The insurance refused the whole first month charge supposedly because of “out of network” . Then they paid $2000 towards the second month’s charge saying that is what they pay “in network”. So when I questioned why they paid the $2000 “out of network for the second month, they said there was no referral for the first month. I was lying in a hospital bed with an IV in me when this was happening. Trouble is this. Why are they punishing me for the “in network” doctor not getting a referral? Aren’t emergencies like this (life threatening) not put in the “out of network” category. Upon inquiry, I’ve discovered that Zoll is the only supplier for this device. How can they say that they only allow $2000 towards the $3450 a month rental, because that is what they pay “in network” when Zoll, the only supplier for this type of device, is not in their network?

• I just received a bill from Zoll for $2500 for their life vest. The vest was prescribed by my doctor in December 2014 before I was able to leave the hospital due to congestive heart failure which was caused by a virus. I wore the vest for two months because I was scared by the Zoll representative that I could die from sudden cardiac arrest. I did not receive a bill from Zoll for 4 months and by that time I had been billed for $2090. I was told that Medicare would pay for this vest but when talking to Zoll’s representative today was told that I had signed a contract that said I would pay for 20% of the costs which came to about $500 a month. Now when you are sick and want to get released from the hospital, which I had to stay in for an extra day because the Zoll representative could not make it on the day I was to be released, you will sign anything just to get out and get home. I feel that this company takes advantage of you when you are sick and they charge too much for their medical device which you send back to them when you are released by your doctor or after you receive their over inflated copay.

• Thank you for this comment. What you have said describes our situation with my husband. My husband is currently being “held hostage” in a hospital because the cardiologists won’t sign off on his discharge unless he agrees to either the LifeVest or a defibrillator implant surgery. We are so disgusted with this hospital, I wouldn’t trust their surgeons to be able to handle a letter opener properly, much less surgery. The electrophysiologist is using the same scare tactics others have mentioned and I’m sure they are not expecting us to do our homework, including essentially saying that they won’t discharge him and if he leaves AMA (Against Medical Advice) that Medicare won’t pay for the 4 days he’s been in the hospital. She is already angry because we refuse to have surgery performed in that filthy rattrap of a hospital and she had scheduled the surgery and cancelled her clinic without clearing it with us first. We were also told that Medicare would pay for the LifeVest. I’m very frustrated and angry at being lied to, but at least we’ve had a little advance warning thanks to your comments and others! THANK YOU!!

• The vest they show is nothing like vest received at DR office and metal hooks in front AND do not help when you are large breasted. I can relate to your issue A family member had this trouble too. We had NO IDEA of cost or we would have just done surgery 3 months earlier. No info no idea of problems and frankly the care givers just sat up watching patient sleep just so that dang alarm could be turned off before a shock due to sweat slipping leads. Cannot find a busty woman picture anywhere ..they show old man and a lady wearing it off shoulders…like it was that easy. We named ours PITA for PAIN IN THE a*s drags you down. BEFORE ANYONE CHOOSES THIS JUST ASK PAST PATIENTS. GET INFORMED FIRST.

• The Zoll Corporation takes advantage of you and your medical insurance and sells the doctors on how they need to protect you so they (the doctors) are not sued for malpractice. They never tell you how much you are going to have to pay out of your pocket and if this device is really going to impact the quality of your life.