Zoll Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Email: info@zoll.com
Corp Website: Zoll.com

Zoll Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Zoll Complaint

Is Zoll a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingZOLL medical Corporation Listing

Ridiculous charges

I already had heart failure but due to insurance changes I had to get a new cardiologist and the day I went in to have an echo done I barely got my clothes back on and walked out to the desk and I had staff telling me that they wanted to fit me for a vest and the doctor himself came out and told me that they could come to my house or come back in to get fitted, so I told them I would be in the next day.

When I went in the girl brought in the vest and said it was covered by my insurance and she slapped the vest on me and told me how to use it and then said I can only take it off for 30 minutes a day to take a shower. I was then sent out the door with this bulky ugly thing on me.

I live in Arizona and this was summer time so when you sweat the leads just slide around and flip up all the time setting off the alarm and I am a big chested woman and the vest just is not made for us. Your clothing is restricted so you can not wear a dress because the cord is at your waist. I put up with this thing for a month not getting any sleep due to the alarm going off all the time while you are trying to sleep. I was under the impression that this vest is sending information to someone so the doctor can tell what is going on but one day i was sitting on the floor sewing and the alarm went off that it was going to dispense a treatment (shock you) and I had to hurry and press the buttons before it shocked me.

I wasn’t moving at all and it went off so that night i called Zoll and the guy had me press some buttons and could not figure out what happened he just said it might have been interference or something. The vest did this again while I was hanging a picture so raising my arm must have set it off but this time it told me I had like 5 seconds to hit the buttons or I would be shocked. This is crazy because if my heart is beating ok and you shock it I think it would not be a good thing.

I then started getting a constant alarm saying ” check vest” and there was not anything I could do to make it work so I called and they sent out another vest that was too small. Right after I got the new vest I had a bug problem and moved out for awhile and did not take the vest with me. Coming back to check on my house I get a bill in the mail for 550.00 and they called it “analyzing fee” so I called them and told them to stop everything I did not know I would be billed for this and they could analyze this as I yanked the battery charger plug out of the wall, I am done with this stupid thing.

Well I got another bill for another month of analyzing my vest when it was not even plugged in so my bill is over 1,000.00 and I am on disability a very limited income. I also found out that there is no information for the doctor that it is just there to save my life, well I personally think it would do harm to me and the hassle of the whole thing is nerve wracking. Twice the thing almost shocked me and I was feeling fine and had no palpitations but it almost shocked me and that scares me.

When I called them to send it back the guy on the phone was rude to me. I am now stuck with a big bill and my insurance company paid over 3,000.00 a month for this device. It would be nice if this thing worked the way it is supposed to but I found it to be useless and too expensive for the normal patient .

Consumer Comments For Zoll

• The vest they show is nothing like vest received at DR office and metal hooks in front AND do not help when you are large breasted. I can relate to your issue A family member had this trouble too. We had NO IDEA of cost or we would have just done surgery 3 months earlier. No info no idea of problems and frankly the care givers just sat up watching patient sleep just so that dang alarm could be turned off before a shock due to sweat slipping leads. Cannot find a busty woman picture anywhere ..they show old man and a lady wearing it off shoulders…like it was that easy. We named ours PITA for PAIN IN THE a*s drags you down. BEFORE ANYONE CHOOSES THIS JUST ASK PAST PATIENTS. GET INFORMED FIRST.